• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm attempting to insert a value into a field that's data type is "Auto Number" thru the saleforce.com API. Is this allowable? If so, is there a flag I need to enable to make this insert possible?

Cheers,
Keith
I'm planning on taking nightly back-ups from Salesforce.com into a database (SQL Server). I have a couple questions regarding the export process:

1.   If I only want the deltas should I use the LastModified Date as the selection criteria to determine recenlty created or updated records in the last 24 hours?

2.  Should I use Salesforce.com's server date/time value as a starting point for determining the above. If yes,  is it possible to do a select statement to get this value (outside of the SOAP getServerTimeStamp())?

3.  Do folks generally convert the UTC date/time stamp to their local time zone before inserting the records?

4.   If new fields are added (or maybe updated) should I consider dropping my back-up table and re-creating it to address this case?

I'm sure there are other points I need to consider so I'm hopefully folks can provide some additional input.
BTW, I'm planning on using Pervasive's Business Integrator to do the nightly exports.

Thanks in advance
Keith

Hi,

We have developed a Single Sign-On Gateway URL web service using java axis, with stubs generated from the wsdl you provide on Salesforce. I have no problems running this using HTTP. When I turn on HTTPS, it says that the authentication service is down. I use a trusted real cert from thawte.

Single Sign-On Gateway URL's set for my demo company:
HTTP: http://www.nordicedge.se:82/salesforce/services/AuthenticationService

HTTPS: https://www.nordicedge.se:9443/salesforce/services/AuthenticationService

Both URL's use the same webservice and are accesible from the Internet. Any idéas? Do I need to change something in the webservice itself to support HTTPS? I earlier used a self-signed cert, could that be cached somehow on Salesforce? Is it the port numbers?

Regards Mattias
I'm planning on taking nightly back-ups from Salesforce.com into a database (SQL Server). I have a couple questions regarding the export process:

1.   If I only want the deltas should I use the LastModified Date as the selection criteria to determine recenlty created or updated records in the last 24 hours?

2.  Should I use Salesforce.com's server date/time value as a starting point for determining the above. If yes,  is it possible to do a select statement to get this value (outside of the SOAP getServerTimeStamp())?

3.  Do folks generally convert the UTC date/time stamp to their local time zone before inserting the records?

4.   If new fields are added (or maybe updated) should I consider dropping my back-up table and re-creating it to address this case?

I'm sure there are other points I need to consider so I'm hopefully folks can provide some additional input.
BTW, I'm planning on using Pervasive's Business Integrator to do the nightly exports.

Thanks in advance
Keith