• 25 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to be able to type 9 digits but have the dashes automatically be inserted after every three digits.

I've made the custom field, but I cannot figure out the right formula.

Any ideas?

I'm attempting to create a formula field that will the display the data of a field on a related record.

i.e - on the Opportunity record I want to see the last activity date field that is on the account record

My formula is simply Last Activity_c

This works fine

I try to use this with a pick list data type and I get an error.  Is this not possible?

I know this can't be done from within SF - jsut wondering if the EC will make that possible since
Currently when a contact is created the owner defaults to who crated it.However, in our sales environment we want to have the contacts defaulted to the Account owner.

Is this possible?  If so -  How can it be done.

In addition, what would be the easiest way to mass update all the records if the process to handle this cannot correct what is currently there?

How do I write the the validation rule that makes a look-up field required based on the value of a picklist?
There are two values in the pick list this would need to check on.

So,  if picklist value = ABC or XYZ  make Look-up field required.

Writing formula's is not my strong point so any help here would be greatly appreciated

:smileywink:
Thanks in advance

:smileysad:

Within an approval process I want to create an Initial Submission action (Formula) that updates the "Date Submitted" field with the date/time the request is Submitted.  I'm stuck.

PLEASE HELP
Formula newbie here .....

How do I create a formula that results in a defined # based on a pick list value?

Example:

My pick list field is CEO,  values are Yes or No

If users select Yes I want the formula field to return a specified #  (any # I decide)

Thanks in advance!

On the events detail page  we want to create a formula field -Labeled Group.
The formula states:  If Assigned To = "User Name" than Group =

Fairly simple, or at least we thought until I found SF doesn't allow you to reference the darn Assigned to Field :smileymad:
They also won't let you add another look-up field:smileysad:

I thought a work-around would be to 1st create a pre-populated field  ... Pass data from the Assigned To field to this Custom Field.  Then go back to my original plan of using a formula for my Group field.   

Will/Can this work?  If so, How do I do it?  Pass the data that is.  What would the string look like?  How do I find what they named the Assigned To field ?

I'm not a developer but if anyone could give me something to work off of I could probably figure it out

I humbly beg for assistance :smileywink:

Thank you kindly
We want to run a report based on groups or roles  but do not want to see the actual users in these groups/roles

Is this possible?

We're reporting off of activities & want a report that counts the activities & says this % of activites have been assigned to Group 1
and this % of Activities have been assigned to Group 2

Then if we want - we can drill down & see users within the groups & actual # of activities assigned to a user.

Are we asking for too much =)

Any advice you can give would appreciated!
We have built a custom object called Web Conferences.  From here we manage the requesting and scheduling of all our online meetings

We'd like to establish is a type of assignment rule that will count how many  type specific (sales) requests are in our queue & based on a formula determine whom to assign this to

What is the best approach?
S.O.S.
I need a custom S-Control that will allow me to build an "Attendee" list from my contacts  (no Java/HTML experience here)

I want to be able to search for contacts and add them in my custom object "Conventions" as attendees

Appreciate any feedback
S.O.S.
:smileysad:
I need a custom S-Control that will allow me to build an "Attendee" list from my contacts  (no Java/HTML experience here)

I want to be able to search for contacts and add them in my custom object "Conventions" as attendees

Appreciate any feedback!
We have built a custom object called Web Conferences.  From here we manage the requesting and scheduling of all our online meetings

We'd like to establish is a type of assignment rule that will count how many  type specific (sales) requests are in our queue & based on a formula determine whom to assign this to

What is the best approach?

I'm attempting to create a formula field that will the display the data of a field on a related record.

i.e - on the Opportunity record I want to see the last activity date field that is on the account record

My formula is simply Last Activity_c

This works fine

I try to use this with a pick list data type and I get an error.  Is this not possible?

Fresh off the press, the ultimate landing page for all formula newbies who desire to be gurus:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Formulas

I am very open to constructive feedback on this article (it is very easy to edit), so please let me know what you think.

- Mary

We have several stages of cases and we want to require each time they hit a stage they have to update the Case Comments, can this be done easily?
I was wondering if anyone heard of a way to change the color of text in a field after a value was selected in another field?
  • July 09, 2008
We have a corporate web site and I would like to have users click a link within our current site to frame up the SSP with no second login. Now I know you can generate HTML. Tweaking that with username and password works but how do you do it for every enabled SSP user. I was thinking API to sync SSP users and passwords but there is no password field in the selfservice tables. ANy tips or ideas? I am sure other companies have done something similar.

Thank you,
Chris Gountanis
I want to be able to type 9 digits but have the dashes automatically be inserted after every three digits.

I've made the custom field, but I cannot figure out the right formula.

Any ideas?
Currently when a contact is created the owner defaults to who crated it.However, in our sales environment we want to have the contacts defaulted to the Account owner.

Is this possible?  If so -  How can it be done.

In addition, what would be the easiest way to mass update all the records if the process to handle this cannot correct what is currently there?

How do I write the the validation rule that makes a look-up field required based on the value of a picklist?
There are two values in the pick list this would need to check on.

So,  if picklist value = ABC or XYZ  make Look-up field required.

Writing formula's is not my strong point so any help here would be greatly appreciated

:smileywink:
Thanks in advance

Hello

I am new to SF as we are currently in the implementation phase. I have a process issue and was wondering if anyone could provide any help/feedback:
Per our process, all web inquiries will be assigned to a queue. The person managing the queue will visually cross reference each inquiry with our target account list in order to identify which unqualified leads are a priority. Target accounts and subs of target accounts will justify a full lead qualification telemarketing process, other smaller leads will eventually be assigned to resellers without any qualification from our HQ.  That is our process in a nutshell.

My question is: is there any technical way to replace this visual and time consuming cross reference between the lead and our target account list with some type of programming/automation?
Imagine we have all the information we need (company name, address, even duns number). Couldn't this be done?

anyone ever run into this issue before and found a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance  
I tried to validate this and I got: Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (31,974 characters). Maximum size is 4,000 characters - what is the character count based on? Any ideas on how to run this more efficiently?

CASE(X6_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c + X5_Payment_Amount__c + X6_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X5_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c + X5_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X4_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c + X4_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X3_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c + X3_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X2_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",(X1_Payment_Amount__c + X2_Payment_Amount__c),CASE(X1_Payment_Status__c,"Collected",X1_Payment_Amount__c,null))))))
I need to determine field requiredness - required, read only, optional, based on a value selected for another field.
Any ideas?

How would I go about capturing accuracy percentage for each stage? For example, we close xx % of stage 3, xx% of stage 4, etc.

I need a report that would show me which stage an opportunity was in right before it was won. Then I need to show the "close won" accurany for each stage.

Please help!
I seem to be having some trouble adding a custom URL to the contacts page.  I have created the Custom URL details, but when I go to page payout I don't see the field I created in the Custom Links section and cannot therefore add it to tany page layout.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

John
I think it was a year ago that it was announced that SF was developing an integration with Live Meeting.  Has anyone done this or does anyone have any advise on how to do it?
  • March 09, 2006
I realize this is unsupported currently, but is there any way to create a new template e-mail and have it send immediately from an scontrol? I'm already creating the new e-mail, but currently it just opens into a standard send e-mail window and I can't find any URL parameter to just have it send the e-mail without requiring a second click.

What I'm currently doing:

window.location.href = "/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=%2F{!Contact_ID}&rtype=003" + "&p2_lkid={!Contact_ID}&new_template=1&nosave=0&template_id=";

I could of course handle this outside an scontrol with an external web server and a custom link, but I'd prefer to handle everything within an scontrol to keep it contained within SFDC.

Is there any way to do what I want (supported or not) or am I stuck with manual intervention or an external solution?

BTW, adding &save=1 to that URL causes an internal server error, not sure if save=1 is supposed to work and is just currently broken or is just an unexpected URL parameter for this page that causes an error.

Thanks,
E.J.
  • January 31, 2006
When attempting an update on the Event object the API returns errors:
Error code = FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION.
Error message = reassignDisallowed: Owner

I'm simply trying to update the OwnerId field on an Event object using the Java API.

I also get an error when I try to make this update via the Excel Connector, so it seems that there is a fundamental issue going on here. Furthermore, I did not get this error from the same code in the same circumstances before the new SFDC release that just launched.

Can anyone tell me why owner reassignment would be disallowed for an Event? The same owner id can be reassigned as owner of a contact record, so I know that there is nothing fundamental on the user record (like being inactive) preventing reassignment.

Thanks.