• 1159 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Two of my sandboxes upgraded today to Spring 13, and I can't Deploy metadata to them using the Force.com IDE. I'm seeing the errors:

Problem: Unknown type name 'MobileSettings' specified in package.xml
   Problem: Unknown type name 'SecuritySettings' specified in package.xml

Has anyone seen this or know of a workaround?

Dan

We're using the new Apex Install Script feature and we're getting an error on package install.

When the attempt to install the package fails we receive the following email from Salesforce:

The package installation failed. Please provide the following information to the publisher:

Organization Name: [org name] Organization ID: [org id]

Package: [package name]

Version: 6.2

Error Message: The post install script failed.

Thank You,

salesforce.com

That doesn't really give us much to go on.  Does anyone know of a way to get more details about the failure?  Ideally we want to know what line number of the install handler or the exception that caused the problem.

• August 03, 2012

I cannot seem to push upgrades to my subscribers.

The version;
- Is a managed release (not beta)
- Has passed security review
- Is up on the Appexchange

The application;
- Is Apex Certified
- Has the Aloha Status

The development org;
- Has push upgrades enabled
- Has pushed upgrades in the past
- Can push upgrades up to version 2.2.2
- The latest version is 2.2.7

Can anyone else see anything that I may have missed out here? These push upgrades are a pain!!!

Hello

We have a managed package linked to our LMA. I am trying to set up workflows on the license object to send e-mail alerts to our leads.

I am not able to access the fields in the lead object when I try to apply rules on the License object. When I looked at the ER diagram License has a lookup relationship with the Lead object and I am wondering why I am not able to access the fields.

Can someone let me know if you have tried something similar and how I can get around this??

Thank you

I'm just reading through the ISV documentation for Winter 12.  Whats the difference between a  Trialforce Management Organization and a Trialforce Org. I know what the latter is but I'm not sure what this new type of Org is?

It seems that a Trialforce Management Organization is place to setup branding and the custom login page, should this be the dev org from which the managed package is created. That is the org we currently setup email branding on.

What is a template v a snapshot? Our Trialforce Master Org has been upgraded to winter 12 but I can't see the new menu options

We have created a managed package (beta version) and installed it into a client's salesforce sandbox org. The package works correctly for the user who has installed it, but all other users are unable to access a custom object within it. The package is installed with the "Grant Access to All Users" setting. What could be preventing the other users from using this object?

• September 07, 2011

Hi!

I have a package with a publisher name as MyCorp, but I would love to change to something more meaningful (as my real company name), but I can't find a way of doing it.

Is there a way, or do I need to create a new package (or is there any other way)?

Thanks!

Hi All,

Is there any restriction in including a class in a managed (beta) package in executing anonymous ?

The situations is the following:

1. We have a dev org which we use to create the package. In that org we can execute anonumous code that references a class in the package.

2. The package is installed in a different org. The same execute anonymous code does not run. It complains it does not know the class that is in the package (the namespace has been pre-pended to the class name).

Thanks in advance.

Fernando

HI, I made a managed package and uploaded it to appexchange.I upgraded it many times.Yesterday evening(at 1 st March 2011, 6 pm Indian time) also I upgraded the managed package with a bug fix. I am able to install the package in a developer edition successfully. But while I was installing the same package in enterprise edition, I got this error 

"Package Not Found 
The requested package does not exist or has been deleted. Please contact the package publisher for assistance. If this is a recently uploaded package, please try again soon. " 

After that I tried many times, I got the same error. After 20 hrs also I am getting the same error. 

Another thing is, now I am unable to install the same package in developer edition also. Because I am getting the same error.But I was installed the same package successfully once yesterday. 

Please help me. I am unable to find any info related to this.

Thanks,

Naresh

HI,

I created a managed package, and tried to install in a developer account for testing. But I am unable to install the package. I got bellow error.

"Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1960914926-8885 (595483773)".

How to resolve this issue. I am successfully uploaded my application to appexchange, but unable to install it.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Naresh

Hi,

We recently uploaded a beta version of our managed package. I was able to install it on another account, however when we installed it the custom settings that are part of the package were not installed.

I double checked to make sure that the custom setting is part of my package on my developer account, but when I look under "View Installed Packages" on my test account, the custom setting doesn't show as a package component.

My explanation may be a little confusing, please ask me specific questions if you think it would help me find the solution.

Thank you.

We have a customer trying to install our managed package (aloha app). They have a group edition, but our app should be able to run in GE/PE because of the aloha flags. We have a dashboard in the app, and the user is getting this error on install:

Package install error
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.

Missing feature Dashboards      Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Dashboards

But they do have the dashboards enabled in their org. Does anyone know where to look for this or is there any way to remove the dashboard from our managed package? I could not see an option to remove under the create->packages setup.

Thanks!

DSL

• November 15, 2010

Hi,

I have a managed package that relies on an unmanaged package. When I install this unmanaged package in my dev environment, all its components become prefixed by the name of my managed package. Eventually, they get all (or worse only the components referenced) uploaded with my classes.

This is quite inconvenient and annoying: I do not own the unmanaged package.

Is there a way to tell SFDC not to give my managed package ownership on the unmanaged package? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Philippe

• September 20, 2010

I have a managed package that had 2 triggers on the same object.  There were fired on completely different operations by the CheckMarx scan kept saying that multiple triggers on the same object is a bad thing so as part of a maintenance release I decided to consolidate the two existing triggers into a single new trigger.  I was able to delete the old triggers from my org and build a new version of the package (beta build at the moment) that only contained a the new single trigger.  Install into a clean environment and the one and only trigger is installed and everything works great. 

So far, so good.  However, when I install the new version into an org with the old version it does not remove the old triggers.  Now I have 3 triggers instead of 2 and if all are firing then I am doing everything twice.  All 3 are listed as Active but I can't tell if all 3 are firing.

Anyone have a clue as to why if I was able to remove the triggers from my org/package the upgrade install will not remove the old triggers? 

Thanks,

Bob

• August 24, 2010

I could really use some help on clarification as i've been getting mixed answers.

According to the documentation Understanding Governing Limits an app by ISV partners run in their own limits. But now i'm being told in order to achieve this your AppExchange app must be an Aloha app. Can a non Aloha app still achieve the status where the app gets its own set of governing limits to run in?

If an app with its own governor limits gets does any native code ever count towards the limits of the package? Example if the package code updates a contact, and there is a native contact trigger in the org that fires does the native trigger code execute under the governor limits on the appexchange package or the limits of the native org?

thanks!

• August 02, 2010

As an ISV, say you introduce references to Person Account fields in your Apex code in a managed package.

Does this imply that any customer wishing to install your package needs to enable Person Accounts??  If so, what are the best practices or workarounds for this?  Obviously we cannot assume that all potential customers will want to enable Person Accounts in their orgs...

Thanks.

Dave

• June 17, 2010

Hello,

I understand that there are limits on a Professional Edition that can be increased/removed for an Aloha App. In the documentation, it states:

========================================================

Apps/Objects/Tabs Limit Immunity

All salesforce.com editions have limits that restrict the number of apps, objects, and tabs that can be used. Normally this limit would be a problem if your prospective customer is already using their entire allotment of apps, objects, or tabs, but there exists a special permission that allows your app to be exempt from those limits. This means your app can be installed into any org without worrying about the normal app, object, or tab limits. To be sure, there are additional limits that will still be in effect, but they are listed here in documentation. For instance, if you have any custom objects with more than 100 custom fields, or you have more than 50 custom record types, your app will not install in GE or PE.

========================================================

Does this mean that if our app is certified as an Aloha App that we can request a higher limit for custom fields? It suggests about that each object can have 100 fields

Thanks in advance!

--Sarah Andrews

I am working on transferring a large application from one org to another.  All we need is the metadata (no data).  I am looking at my options for the metadata transfer and am trying to figure out which one would be the easiest and considered best practices. In a nutshell, we just need the application, in its entirety, moved to a new org.  This application will then be deleted from the source org.  The target org is a fresh org with no data yet.

Here are the options that I think I have:

Unmanaged package - This seems the easiest but not sure if this would be best practices or not.

Force.com IDE - One way would be to add/sync all of the metadata components to a project in the IDE, then transfer them to the second org in a new project.  In theory, this should work but I get a lot of Java memory errors in Eclipse when trying to sync the components.  There are a lot of components

Deployment Connections - Perhaps this is the best method?

Migration tool - This seems the most complicated and I am wondering if one of the three methods above will suffice.

Any suggestions?

I have the need to deploy a bunch of customizations from my organization's Sandbox to Production.  I'm trying to decide whether to use Change Sets to do this, or a Private Appexchange package.  I'm an advanced administrator, but not a developer so using something like an Ant script is not an option to me.  Purchasing a tool such as Snapshot also isn't an option either.  All of the items that I need to migrate are point-and click type of customizations.  Closest thing to "code" is some custom links and buttons that I created.

For my scenario (all within the same org), both will work but I think each one is going to have it's own set of advantages/disadvantages.  I'd love to hear what others have been using and why.

• May 11, 2010

Hi All,

I work with an ISV Partner who has a developer org where a managed package is updated / upgraded / tested and then uploaded "privately' to the exchange for a set of clients to install.

The orgs that install my package have the standard EE limits applied to them.

Herein lies the issue I have come across, whilst doing some development a new TAB was inadvertently added to the managed package and subsequently uploaded as a 'managed - released' package. It took the custom TABS within the managed package to 26.

This as you can see has caused HUGE implications across the current install base and for new clients. The package is constantly being updated / customised to suit clients needs and updates are continously being pushed however now that it has 26 TABS it will not install on any of the orgs as it reaches the 25 custom tab limit.

I REALLY NEED HELP BRAINSTORMING SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS!!!

As I see it there are a range of possibilities and I look to any sf reps / partner ops / product managers subject matter experts out there to let me know what is feasible.

IDEAL SOLUTION - Since the tab that has been added is not installed on any clients org (it physically cannot be because of the limit on the install orgs, developer org doesn't have a tab limit) - I'm looking for an overall package admin or someone that can reference or edit the package I have created and manually remove the tab from it altogether. It can be deleted from the salesforce developer instance altogether I don't care it's not needed at all! Support tells me it cannot be deleted but someone out there must have access to it!!

Is there a way to 'rollback' to a previous package version that only had 25tabs in it's managed set>? And then be able to delete the 25th tab somehow completely from the developer org?

Other options include:

Going through the LMA process and getting the application security checked so that it's contents do not affect sf org limits. This is obviously primary concern right now however the whole process could take up to 2-3 weeks which is time we don't have! This problem needed to be sorted out YESTERDAY!

Upgrading provisions on future clients and current installbase so that orgs can install apps with more than 25 tabs. (i.e. increase tab limit)

I really need to know if the ideal solution is feasible here as that would be well... Ideal. But I'm interested to see if anyone has any other suggestions.

TIME IS A FACTOR. There are new clients coming on board this week and next not to mention the current install base that is catered for in package updates so this really needs to get sorted out.

As always any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reads of this post.

Patrick

Hi All,

I'm the Product Manager for packaging here at salesforce.com.  We're currently working on a feature that would allow fields and objects to be removed from managed packages.  This is a popular request and something we're hoping to deliver very soon, but we need your help.  Please respond to this post with any thoughts around this topic.  I've included a few questions to get the conversation going:

• Why do you want to remove these?  No longer used?  Customers didn't like them?  Replace with a new field?
  • When you deprecate a field/object, what should happen for existing customers?  New customers?
  • Would you have to remove all usage of a field/object in your app before you can deprecate it?  What happens if you've included the field in another formula field, etc?  
Thanks for your time and input!
Message Edited by A_Smith on 02-20-2009 05:55 PM

Hi All,

I'm the Product Manager for packaging here at salesforce.com.  We're currently working on a feature that would allow fields and objects to be removed from managed packages.  This is a popular request and something we're hoping to deliver very soon, but we need your help.  Please respond to this post with any thoughts around this topic.  I've included a few questions to get the conversation going:

• Why do you want to remove these?  No longer used?  Customers didn't like them?  Replace with a new field?
  • When you deprecate a field/object, what should happen for existing customers?  New customers?
  • Would you have to remove all usage of a field/object in your app before you can deprecate it?  What happens if you've included the field in another formula field, etc?  
Thanks for your time and input!
Message Edited by A_Smith on 02-20-2009 05:55 PM

Hi,

I am trying to deploy few pagelayouts and fields from QA to PROD and PROD to QA.

when i create a new changeset, the upload button is not enabled. i have also checked with the permissions on my profile and in the system settings, i can see the options for change sets as enabled. but am not sure why the upload button is not enabled.

can you please help me if am missing anything?

Thanks,

Neil

Hello,

I have field in a change set that has Track History enabled, but when I import in the Change set this setting doesn't come over.  This is a new field in an existing Object.  I know this is just one field and the easy thing to do is just make the change manually, which is fine.  I would just like to know for sure if migrating this setting is possible with a change set or not, that way for future implentations I know to add this as a step.

Thanks for the assist.

Two of my sandboxes upgraded today to Spring 13, and I can't Deploy metadata to them using the Force.com IDE. I'm seeing the errors:

Problem: Unknown type name 'MobileSettings' specified in package.xml
   Problem: Unknown type name 'SecuritySettings' specified in package.xml

Has anyone seen this or know of a workaround?

Dan

Looking for a way to retreive the available article types setup on KnowledgeArticles.

Assuming there are two KnowledgeArticle types: FAQ__kav and Marketing__kav, how can I find this list through SOAP or metadata API?

i've tried the following Metadata API package.xml, it tells me 'ArticleType' is not a valid object name.

<types>
<members>ArticleType</members>
<name>Objects</name>
</types>

Eventually I want to be able to create a package.xml to get fields on my article types.

<types>
<members>FAQ_kav</members>
<name>CustomObjects</name>
</types>

<types>
<members>Marketing_kav</members>
<name>CustomObjects</name>
</types>

Any help gladly appreciated.

-yang

I am trying to UNinstall Convio Common Ground and there seems to be a trigger getting in the way. There is a managed record type on Contacts. I need to change the record types to a custom record type I created. 

When I change the record type manually I get the following message: Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger cx.ContactAll caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: cx.ContactAll: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: (cx)

I get the same error when trying to create a New contact in the system. 

Is there any way to either de-activate or delete the managed trigger... 

Thanks!

Kalman

Hello.  I have a managed package that includes a workflow e-mail alert.  I have changed the "Recipients" and "Additional Emails" fields for this alert in my development organization.  I then have uploaded a new package...and then downloaded it into my test org.  Unfortunately, the change to the worflow e-mail alert did not happen.

The documentation says that workflow e-mail alerts are upgradeable...but it is not happening in my case.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I was not able to install the MANAGED  package in any of the orgs. The error i am getting is  No Custom field Contact Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration Not found.

The Solution is i need to enable customer portal in target org to install the managed package. But i dont want to do this.

Is there any way to remove the Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration field from the package.

Thanks

• September 27, 2012

We're using the new Apex Install Script feature and we're getting an error on package install.

When the attempt to install the package fails we receive the following email from Salesforce:

The package installation failed. Please provide the following information to the publisher:

Organization Name: [org name] Organization ID: [org id]

Package: [package name]

Version: 6.2

Error Message: The post install script failed.

Thank You,

salesforce.com

That doesn't really give us much to go on.  Does anyone know of a way to get more details about the failure?  Ideally we want to know what line number of the install handler or the exception that caused the problem.

• August 03, 2012

I can understand the installerId() working well for when a fresh install or manual upgrade is taking place, but what is the outcome of this method for the following:

• Trialforce instance creation
  • Push upgrade

Thanks

I am getting error message while validating in PRODUCTION. 

Following are the steps 

Created the Outbound ChangeSet in sandbox and uploaded it into Production environment. I have included three things in the ChangeSet: Apex class, Visualforce Page, Custom Field. The TestClass coverage is 100 percent.

Uploading the ChangeSet into the Production: It said successfully uploaded.

In Production environment: I clicked Name|Setup|Deploy|Inbound ChangeSet

selected the required Change Set name and clicked Validate.

The validation failed and there were 2 errors which are not related to the 3 things which I have uploaded in the Outbound     ChangeSet. The error is in some other TestClass in the Sandbox environment, which I have not even used. 

Is it possible to get an error message in some other TestClass which I have not at all used?

Help me! Am new to salesforce.com development. 

Quite simply, the tests associated with the financialforce app fail if the deploying developer does not have a license for the app. This wouldn't be a problem, except for the fact that the tests will run regardless of whether you're deploying a class/trigger/etc that has any impact on the app. Even deploying an empty class will cause these tests to fail.

My assumption would be that this isn't a Financialforce problem, but a problem with deployment in general, as the same issues would hold true for any other third party license within Salesforce.com.

So, any workarounds, other than assigning a financialforce license to the developer?

Thx!

We have a problem with "Chatter Required" being forced on when uploading a managed package.    Before Summer 2012 this was not being forced on.   We don't use or refer to Chatter in the app and never have.  What is causing this?

An Eclipse source code search for "Chattter" just comes up with some new unused settings in a Permission Set.   Is it that that is forcing Chatter to be required.

Anyone else with a problem like this?  Or better an idea what to switch off to get nback to a Chatter free app.

The problem,of course, is that some of our cusotmers don't use Chatter (cover your ears Mr Benioff) and don't want to.  We don't want to force this on them.

Hi All,

I have created one custom Application(using customerportal and site) in Developer Edition  and also passed security review. After that i created one Trialforce Master Org(which is Enterprise Edition) also.But Master Org don't have Customer Portal option, Sites(Appsetup--> Develop) option and Customer Portal Manager Custom user license. So How can i get those two features for Trialforce Master Org.

Please give me instructions for this issue.

Thanks,

yarram.

We have a managed package that tests OK in its developer org, but exhibits problems in a test org that we got from Partnerforce. We need to see system.debug messages, but they do not appear in any log. The test case shows system.debug messages in the developer org logs, but not in the test org..

I tried accessing the test org from our LMA org. I have heard that will show me the debug messages because I am accessing the org as the ISV, but I still do not see the messages. I have overridden the log filters in the Apex classes in the test org to show me debug information, but that does not work either.  Do I need to anything else to see the messages?

I would rather see the messages by logging in directly to the test org, rather having our engineers come through or LMA org. Has anyone gotten that to work?

Hi All, 

I'm system admin of my organization but getting following error when adding dependencies in change sets : 

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. 

I've done deployment in recent past but then, just follow simple steps &  I didn't get any issue. Please note, I'm trying to deploy few reports as dependencies along with with few visual force pages ( need for dashboard)