• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
There is some difference between the version in bin-debug, which works fine, and the version in bin-release, which doesn't successfully connect to salesforce.com.  I'm new to this and just don't know what the difference could be.  Any suggestions?
  • January 16, 2009
Is it better to use the Flex toolkit or to download one of the WSDLs and compile my own library? 
  • January 13, 2009
I don't see a way with the flex toolkit to send an attachment as part of an email.  Has anyone done this?
  • January 09, 2009
With Flex 2, I'm trying to use TextInput to allow the user to enter information for the apex query, but haven't been able to successfully pass the information.
Here's how I retrieve the information:
      <mx:FormItem label="Enter an organization name to search: ">
          <mx:TextInput id="orgname" width="100%"/>
      </mx:FormItem>

Here's how I'm trying to use the data in the query:
     apex.query("Select Name, Phone, From Contact where account.name=orgname", new AsyncResponder(

Compiles fine, but when I run it, I get the following error:
(com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  detail = (Object)#1
    fault = (Object)#2
      column = 72
      exceptionCode = "MALFORMED_QUERY"
      exceptionMessage = "
From Contact where account.name=orgname
                                ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:72
unexpected token: orgname"
      row = 1
      xsi:type = "sf:MalformedQueryFault"
  faultcode = "sf:MALFORMED_QUERY"
  faultstring = "MALFORMED_QUERY:
                                ^

How do I uninstall a managed application like Print Anything without looking through every object for potential buttons or s-controls that may have been created?  Why can't I just delete all objects, buttons and controls?
  • April 26, 2007

Hello, all-

My organization was all excited about the Content Library, which we understood to be part of the Winter 2010 release of Salesforce.  But... where is it?  From what I've been reading, one can access the Content Library by clicking on the "Workspace" tab, but I don't have that tab--nor do I have the option to add it.

Any ideas?  We have Enterprise edition, if that helps.

Many thanks!!

Can we enable Salesforce Content for Dev Orgs? If so, how?
  • February 24, 2009
There is some difference between the version in bin-debug, which works fine, and the version in bin-release, which doesn't successfully connect to salesforce.com.  I'm new to this and just don't know what the difference could be.  Any suggestions?
  • January 16, 2009
Is it better to use the Flex toolkit or to download one of the WSDLs and compile my own library? 
  • January 13, 2009
I have an existing application developed with Adobe Flex and the Salesforce Flex/Flash object library. My understanding is that the current implementation requires a browser authenticated session for the Flex application to inherit in order to connect to the Salesforce data objects. However, there is no such authentication occurring if I try to host my app in a force.com site.

Any thoughts as to how to resolve this issue? Perhaps user authentication through force.com? However that option seems to be disabled in the developer preview.
Since adobe flex is a client side technology it does not have access to machine's local resources.  For example an adobe flex application cannot open a file on a user's machine and write it to a document object via the salesforce api.  However, adobe flex does have support for uploading files but requires a script (e.g. php) on the other end to accept the file.

Does salesforce.com provide the ability to write a custom script to handle file uploads via a adobe flex application ?
Assuming the structure for a queryresult is different in Flex (not sure if it is?), how can I get to the values stored within the objects which the queryresult brings back.

Specifically, I have a query which is bringing back 3 columns and 1 record.  2 out of the 3 columns are actually relationship objects with multiple records contained within them.  I need to get the values in the fields of these relationship objects in order to do processing with them...

This pseudo format is returning blank when I can see the data in the apex explorer-

queryresult.records[0].relationshipobject[0].customfieldname

Any help is greatly appreciated...
I am working on the Event example that comes with the Print Anything (V 8.1.11) AppExchange offering and can't get past the 1st query.  I seemed to have followed the customization instructions exactly and can't figure out what the hang up is.

I created the button, created a new package, added the queries, and created a new Event. When I execute the Print Invitation button the debug result 1 is:  retrieve single row - Event:Undefined. It seems as if it can't find the Event.

Any ideas on how to get past the 1st query?  Thanks!

Dear Admins,

Any chance there will be a discussion added for flex related threads?  I'm getting into it pretty heavily and reckon many others are as well.

Fellow Developers,

Please chime in with your thoughts.
With Flex 2, I'm trying to use TextInput to allow the user to enter information for the apex query, but haven't been able to successfully pass the information.
Here's how I retrieve the information:
      <mx:FormItem label="Enter an organization name to search: ">
          <mx:TextInput id="orgname" width="100%"/>
      </mx:FormItem>

Here's how I'm trying to use the data in the query:
     apex.query("Select Name, Phone, From Contact where account.name=orgname", new AsyncResponder(

Compiles fine, but when I run it, I get the following error:
(com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  detail = (Object)#1
    fault = (Object)#2
      column = 72
      exceptionCode = "MALFORMED_QUERY"
      exceptionMessage = "
                                ^
      row = 1
      xsi:type = "sf:MalformedQueryFault"
  faultcode = "sf:MALFORMED_QUERY"
  faultstring = "MALFORMED_QUERY:
                                ^

Hi,

I  have a few questions regaring the Adobe Flex tool kit . I would want to learn using this.
Is it possible to create controls in Flex and use them in our S-Control.
I want to see some sample of simple mashups.
Ron if you can help me in this it would be great.

Thanks & Regards
Suchitra :smileyhappy:

2 questions as I am new to Actionscript and Flex:

1) How can I make data in a flex datagrid show up as a hyperlink if I am using an Arraycollection to populate the grid?

2) Is there any way in Flex/actionscript to combine multiple datasets (various custom objects related to 1 common custom object) and display them in a specified order?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Hi,

I am trying to get the hour of the 'Date/Time Opened' field within Cases.  Ideally I'd like to be able to pull something like 4:00 PM or 20:00, or something along these lines.

Anybody know a way to do this with a formula?

Thanks!!

Message Edited by JWOODY on 10-18-2006 09:25 PM

• October 19, 2006