• 0 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a situation in which I am having trouble with sforce connector dealing with a 7.0 version feature.  I have linked Opportunites to a new custom object called "Business Metrics".  I am trying to use sforce connector with a 7.0 endpoint to clear out some linkages that I made that I want cleared.  I can pull up the Opportunity object in sforce connector and I see the "Business Metrics" lookup field; however, when I try to bring records back in where part of my selection criteria goes against the Business Metrics field no data is returned.  Should I expect this functionality to work or are all bets off when it comes to accessing a 7.0 endpoint with the 6.13 version of sforce connector?

Let me know if you need any additional data in order to assist me.

All help is greatly appreciated!!

Gary Triassi
First off, congratulations to everyone at Salesforce.com responsible for the FANTASTIC Dreaforce '06 event you just hosted.  What I learned will be very useful to me and our organization in general.  THANK YOU!

My questions are related to the field validation functionality that Eric Bezar covered in one of his sessions.  One of the examples Eric gave concerned checking the Billing State to insure that it was a proper two digit state value.  There are several such examples I want to implement, and I am wondering:

1) Is it possible through standard validation rules (not APEX code) to create a reusable/callable formula?  For example, I would like to check the state/province value on the Lead address fields, Account address fields (billing and shipping), Contract address fields, etc. and would like to call (and maintain) one formula that validates state and province, not one per field that I need to validate.

2) Along the same lines - would it be possible to create "standard" formulas that could be posted and shared throughout the Salesforce community (i.e. "valid USState/CAProvince" formula)?

3) Is it possible, again through validation rules, to validate one field value against another field value - with the possibility of having the secondary field "off screen" (i.e. not visible).  One use case here is that I have created a "Country Picklist" field of all 190+ ISO 3166 countries.  I would like to validate that when someone enters a value in the standard 'Country' field in the address block that the value entered matches one of the values contained in the 'Country Picklist' field.

The above features would be huge productivity savings, and I would really appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Message Edited by guido59 on 10-13-2006 08:54 AM

First off, congratulations to everyone at Salesforce.com responsible for the FANTASTIC Dreaforce '06 event you just hosted.  What I learned will be very useful to me and our organization in general.  THANK YOU!

My questions are related to the field validation functionality that Eric Bezar covered in one of his sessions.  One of the examples Eric gave concerned checking the Billing State to insure that it was a proper two digit state value.  There are several such examples I want to implement, and I am wondering:

1) Is it possible through standard validation rules (not APEX code) to create a reusable/callable formula?  For example, I would like to check the state/province value on the Lead address fields, Account address fields (billing and shipping), Contract address fields, etc. and would like to call (and maintain) one formula that validates state and province, not one per field that I need to validate.

2) Along the same lines - would it be possible to create "standard" formulas that could be posted and shared throughout the Salesforce community (i.e. "valid USState/CAProvince" formula)?

3) Is it possible, again through validation rules, to validate one field value against another field value - with the possibility of having the secondary field "off screen" (i.e. not visible).  One use case here is that I have created a "Country Picklist" field of all 190+ ISO 3166 countries.  I would like to validate that when someone enters a value in the standard 'Country' field in the address block that the value entered matches one of the values contained in the 'Country Picklist' field.

The above features would be huge productivity savings, and I would really appreciate your thoughts and feedback.