• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I want to add a list of related objects with a customized link with each record on the detail page of a record. How can this be achieved on salesforce.

Thanx

I'm attempting to create a new VF page with the Quote object, but am seeing the following error when I load my page without an Id defined:

Invalid parameter value "" for parameter "id". 

My VF page is the first step of a wizard to create the quote, so obviously this is a problem.  If I load the page with a valid Quote Id, then the page loads fine.

Any thoughts on this?  Is there something specific to the Quote object that won't allow me to work with it in a similar manner to other objects?

Just starting to learn this stuff so I appreciate people bearing with me : ) I'm going through some of the virtualforce tutorials and other documentation. I created a tabbed version of the contact page. Simple to do and understand.

Now I have a couple of people who prefer the old, non-tabbed version. I'm assuming that I can accomodate their request by modifying the virtualforce page based upon profile (I'll create a profile such as "standard user - notabbed"). And I'm guessing I need to create a custom controller but I haven't quite gotten to that point in the learning plan yet. But I'm pretty much lost from there, and perhaps that's not even the right way of doing it.

Here's the code for the tabbed contact page:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" showHeader="true"
      tabStyle="Contact" >
   <style>
      .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white;
         background-image:none}
      .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black;
         background-image:none}
   </style>
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails"
                  id="ContactTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab"
                  inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">  
      <apex:tab label="Details" name="ContactDetails" id="tabdetails">
         <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/>
      </apex:tab>
      <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities"
                id="tabOpenAct">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!contact}"
                           list="OpenActivities" />
      <apex:tab label="Activity History" name="ActivityHistory"
                id="actHistory">
                           list="ActivityHistories" />
      <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities"
                id="tabOpp">
                           list="opportunities" />
      <apex:tab label="Requests" name="Cases"
                id="tabCases">
                           list="Cases" />
      <apex:tab label="Campaigns"
                name="Campaigns" id="campaigns">
                           list="CampaignMembers" />
      <apex:tab label="HTML Email Statuses"
                name="EmailStatuses" id="tabEmailStatuses">
                           list="EmailStatuses" />
      <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments"
                name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt">
                           list="NotesAndAttachments" />
   </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

• January 26, 2010

I am working on a visualforce pagethat allows the user to choose two different contacts, verify the contact information, and then enter in the correct information. I have set up the page in two columns, until the dynamic editing sections. How do I put one section in one column and the second dynamic editing set of fields in the second column? Here is my code for the page:

<apex:page standardController="Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c" recordSetVar="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c}" showHeader="true" sidebar="true" extensions="TechContactTrigger">
 <apex:form >
     <apex:pageBlock Title="Manufacturing Design Sheet - Optyx G6 3000" mode="edit" id="thePageBlock">
                <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top">
                <apex:commandButton value="Update" action="{!save}" rerender="tech" />
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
                <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!Delete}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>
       <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2">
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Name}"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Opportunity_Name__c}" required="false"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Quotation_Item_Number__c}" required="false"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Account_Name__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
    <apex:PageBlockSection title="Contact Information (All Required)" columns="2">
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Technical_Contact__c}"/>
        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Commercial_Contact__c}"/>
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Technical_Phone__c}" />
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Commercial_Phone__c}" />     
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Technical_Fax__c}" />
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Commercial_Fax__c}" /> 
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Technical_E_mail__c}" />
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Commercial_E_mail__c}" />
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Ship_To_Address__c}"/>
        <apex:outputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_Address__c}"/>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>

<apex:actionRegion >
       <apex:pageblockSection >

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
       <apex:outputLabel value="Ship To Information Correct?"/>

<apex:outputPanel >
                        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.ShipTo_Information_Correct__c}">

<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="ShipToAddress"
                                                    status="status"/>
        </apex:inputField>
                            <apex:actionStatus startText="applying value..." id="status"/>

</apex:outputPanel>
       </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
       </apex:pageblockSection>
       </apex:actionRegion>
       <apex:pageBlockSection id="ShipToAddress" columns="1">
           <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" rendered="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.ShipTo_Information_Correct__c =='No'}">
           <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Technical_Phone_Amended__c}" />
           <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Technical_Fax_Amended__c}" />
           <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Technical_E_mail_Amended__c}" />          
           <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Ship_To_Street__c}"/>
           <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Ship_To_City__c}"/>      
           <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Ship_To_State__c}"/>
           <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Ship_To_Zip_Postal_Code__c}"/>  
           <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Ship_To_Country__c}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection></apex:pageBlockSection>
       <apex:actionRegion >
       <apex:pageblockSection >

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
       <apex:outputLabel value="Invoice To Information Correct?"/>

<apex:outputPanel >
                        <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_Address_Correct__c}">

<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="InvoiceToAddress"
                                                    status="status"/>
        </apex:inputField>
                            <apex:actionStatus startText="applying value..." id="status"/>

</apex:outputPanel>
       </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
       </apex:pageblockSection>
       </apex:actionRegion>
       <apex:pageBlockSection id="InvoiceToAddress" columns="1">
           <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1" rendered="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_Address_Correct__c =='No'}">
       <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Commercial_Phone_Amended__c}" /> 
       <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Commercial_Fax_Amended__c}" />
       <apex:inputfield value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Commercial_E_mail_Amended__c}" />      
       <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_Street__c}"/>
       <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_City__c}"/>
       <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_State__c}"/>
       <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_Zip_Postal_Code__c}"/>  
       <apex:inputField value="{!Manufacturing_Design_Sheet__c.Invoice_To_Country__c}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockSection></apex:pageBlockSection>     
    </apex:pageBlock>
     </apex:form>

Thank you

By default, the focus is set to the first available inputField. In my case, the first input is a date field. Every time I go to the page, the focus is set to that field and the calendar pops up, covering items below it.

How do I remove the auto-focus? screenshot:

I am writing a Visualforce page using apex tags.

I have an inputField in a pageBlockSection (1 column).
How can I configure the inputField dimension which is bound to a text field which allows multiple lines (e.g. Task.Description) in my controller?

For example: in HTML code, I can write something like "<textarea rows="20" columns="80">". Can I do the same using apex:inputField? If not and I have to de-couple the label and the input field (using inputTextArea), then how can I bind the value to my variable in my controller? Do I need some kind of Javascript or Ajax to do the job?

Thanks.

Today I tried to insert 400+ contacts but got an error, it only allows me to insert in 20 batch...

Error:

Developer script exception from xxxxxc. : ContactDuplicateTrigger : ContactDuplicateTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert  caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21  Trigger.ContactDuplicateTrigger: line 4, column 27

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 00500000006otAq/00D00000000hhjt

ContactDuplicateTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert

caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21

Trigger.ContactDuplicateTrigger: line 4, column 27

Then for each batch job, I got an error:

Operation: insert.Contact

By user/organization: 00500000006otAq/00D00000000hhjt

Caused the following Apex resource warnings:

Number of SOQL queries: 20 out of 20

I will have to remove this trigger from my org.

• November 05, 2010

Hi I got this email when user tried to edit children records to opportunity, there is a validation rule on opportunity that all open ones must have close date in the future.

Can I get the name of the user, instead of/in addition to the id?

Why can't we insert image from local HD?

This image is not available because: You don’t have the privileges to see it, or it has been removed from the system

• November 02, 2010

Hi, as per the component details on showChatter, it has nothing to do with title property:

But my page would not display chatter on my tabbed opportunity page:

<apex:page standardController="opportunity" showHeader="true">
   <apex:detail subject="{!Opportunity}" showChatter="true" relatedList="false" title="false"/> 

Why is this? If I change to title="true" it can display chatter.

showChatterBoolean

A Boolean value that specifies whether to display the Chatter information and controls for the record.

If this is true, and showHeader on < apex:page > is false, then the layout looks exactly as if the < chatter:feedWithFollowers > is being used.

If this is true, and showHeader on < apex:page >

is true, then the layout looks like the regular Chatter UI.

• October 12, 2010

Developer script exception from Redknee Inc. : ContactDuplicateTrigger : ContactDuplicateTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert  caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21  Trigger.ContactDuplicateTrigger: line 4, column 27

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 00500000006otAq/00D00000000hhjt

Is it because of the sync of contacts?

• October 12, 2010

It happens when user rejects an opportunity approval request.

Screenshot:

This image is not available because: You don’t have the privileges to see it, or it has been removed from the system

I think it is simpler to create a eval user in the DE org to do test drive, why is a test org needed?

Hi, why is this happening?

I tried to test drive some applications and test drive cannot work:

Inactive Registration for Test Drive for: xxxxx.
Please contact your salesforce.com administrator who can grant you a license.

Or sometimes I got a computer activation request:

Activation required
You are attempting to access salesforce.com from an unrecognized computer.

Or sometimes invalid user name/password:

Your login attempt has failed. The username or password may be incorrect, or your location or login time may be restricted. Please contact the administrator at your company for help.

Or sometimes license required:

License Required The Custom Object Definition Purchase Requisition is part of the AppExchange Package Easy Procurement, and requires a license to use.

Is this because of the application, or there is something wrong?

Hi, it looks like FLS is not possible when creating new field using Eclipse.

So what is the easier way to do it?

Hi, I just changed API version on my tabbed opportunity page to 18 to add "quotes", but somehow, 4 other tabs/related lists went missing:

Notes and Attachments

Approval History

Stage History

and a custom object  "Competitive Analysis"

No error occurred.

<apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt" rendered="{!$Profile.Id='00e00000006ophl'||$Profile.Id='00e00000006oo19'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="NotesandAttachments" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Approval History" name="Approval History" id="tabapprovalhis" rendered="{!$Profile.Id='00e00000006ophl'||$Profile.Id='00e00000006oo19'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="ProcessSteps" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Stage History" name="Stage History" id="tabstagehistory" rendered="{!$Profile.Id='00e00000006ophl'||$Profile.Id='00e00000006oo19'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="OpportunityHistories" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Competitive Analysis" name="Competitive analysis" id="taboppcompana" rendered="{!$Profile.Id='00e00000006oijt'||$Profile.Id='00e00000006qngS'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="oppcompanalysis__r" /> </apex:tab>

Users are complaining. I have to change API back to 16.

• March 08, 2010

Hi, I am trying to add quote to my tabbed opportunity VF page, but got the error.

<apex:tab label="Quotes" name="Quotes" id="tabquote" rendered="{!$Profile.name='System Administrator'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="Quotes" /> </apex:tab>

But in the field definition, it shows Quotes.

Field Label Opportunity Name Field Name Opportunity Data Type Master-Detail(Opportunity) Child Relationship Name: Quotes

I tried to look for it in Apex explorer, but could not find it.

Anyone can help?

• March 08, 2010

Hi, I am trying to deploying a simple component from sandbox to production, but got this error:

Test_OppMilestone()Class45
11Failure Message: "System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 00600000008dLSvAAM; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Validation Formula "existing_customer_VO_validation" Invalid (null): [StageName]", Failure Stack Trace: "Class.Test_OppMilestone.Test_OppMilestone: line 45, column 11 External...

I checked the class and it creates some dummy opportunity and the validation rule fired on the stagename.

Is there a way to prevent validation rule working on test classes?

PS: I am not a programmer and have very limited knowledge to apex coding. 

• March 04, 2010

Hi, I am using a VF page to override the "New" and "Edit" button of a custom object (LOA approval), LOA is a child ojbect to opportunity(master-detail relationship).

when I access the VF page directly the inputfield is ok:

lookup field is ok

But after I click "quicksave", the field becomes read-only:

I also used this VF page to override the "New" and "edit" button, when user click "edit" button to edit an existing record, the field is also read-only:

field is read only

Is this supposed to be the way it should work? 

If I change to  the following, I got an error:

<apex:inputField value="{!LOA_Approval__c.OpportunityId}" />

Error: Could not resolve field 'OpportunityId' from <apex:inputField> value binding '{!LOA_Approval__c.OpportunityId}'

• March 04, 2010

Hi, I know the standard "save" button will return to the new child record, after users click the "new" button on the related list to create a child record.

Eg, when users click "New Opportunity" on opportunity related list on an account record, and click "save" after entering data, the newly created opportunity will be displayed.

Now my users want in some situation, after saving, it should return to the parent record. How difficult is it to do this? Any sample code?

Thanks.

• February 16, 2010

Hi, pageblockTable is displayed differently in IE & Firefox & others, specifically some borders are missing in some blank cells.

Showing correctly:

How to make it display the border for all cells? i have border="1" in myVF markup.

Thanks.

• February 05, 2010

Hi, I save the following code to the production in Eclipse, no test code included as I dont know how to do it.

public class sortedmilestones { public Id opportunityID {get; set;} List<Milestones__c> milestones; public List<Milestones__c> getmilestones(){ if(milestones == null){ milestones = [select Id, Name, Milestone__c, Stage__c, Verifiable_Outcome__c, Achieved__c, Date_Achieved__c, Milestone_Notes__c from Milestones__c where Opportunity__c =:opportunityID order by Name]; } return milestones; } }

It seems like it is working properly.

My question is, is test code requried for this? What is the down side if there is no test code?

• February 03, 2010

Hi, I have created the tabbed opportunity page and used it to override the "view" button, but it takes more than 15 seconds to open an opportunity.

Same happening to one of my custom object. I used a VF page to override the view button, and it takes long time to load.

When I reset the override, the normal pagelout can be loaded very fast(within 2-3 seconds).

What could be the reason? I have a lot of conditional render in my page, eg:

<apex:tab label="Approval History" name="Approval History" id="tabapprovalhis" rendered="{!$Profile.Id='00e00000xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e000000xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e0000xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e0xx'||$Profile.Id='00exxx'||$Profile.Id='00e000xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e0000xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e00xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e00xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e00xxxx'||$Profile.Id='00e00xx'||$Profile.Id='00exx'||$Profile.Id='00e00000xxx'||$Profile.Id='00e000xxx'}" > <apex:relatedList subject="{!opportunity}" list="ProcessSteps" /> </apex:tab> Page for custom object: <apex:outputText value="PS " style="font-weight:bold" rendered="{!not(isnull(LOA_Approval__c.PS_proposed_price__c))}" /> <apex:outputField value="{!LOA_Approval__c.payment_on_PO_ps__c}" rendered="{!not(isnull(LOA_Approval__c.PS_proposed_price__c))}" /> <apex:outputField value="{!LOA_Approval__c.payment_on_Delivery_ps__c}" rendered="{!not(isnull(LOA_Approval__c.PS_proposed_price__c))}" /> <apex:outputField value="{!LOA_Approval__c.payment_on_Installation_Complete_ps__c}" rendered="{!not(isnull(LOA_Approval__c.PS_proposed_price__c))}" /> <apex:outputField value="{!LOA_Approval__c.payment_on_Product_Acceptance_ps__c}" rendered="{!not(isnull(LOA_Approval__c.PS_proposed_price__c))}" />

What is the best way to optimize the load speed?

Thanks

• January 28, 2010

Hi, my opportunity view page is overridden by a tabbed VF page, inside the page, I have a tab to display some records from a child object where I used

<apex:include pageName="mypage" />

Problem is the page is rendered randomly, sometimes it displays all records, sometimes it just displays 3 records(total 20+ records).

The page itself display all records properly when i tried  /apex/mypage?id=xxxxxxx

I then copied all codes into the tabbed opportunity VF page, same problem.

What could be wrong?

• January 04, 2010

Hi, we installed an application and it is using s-control to allow multi-line edit --- users can mark multiple rows as completed and enter the completed date there.

The issue is, when user click the input area, it defaults to Dec 31 1969. 

Although we paid for this application, it has not been resolved after more than one month.

date error

What could be the issue? The developer said this works well in other org, but not in my org.

• November 26, 2009

Please don't laugh if this makes no sense.

I am struggling to create some reports to show revenue contribution(% of total revenue) of top 3, top 5, and top 10 customers in each year.

We are using multiple currencies and we want the calculation to be based on our company currency, ie, amount(converted).

I created some roll-up-summary field in account by summarizing the amount in number, not currency. (a number field in opportunity which equals amount)

I can run report to show $$$ from top customers in each year.

If I can then use the result from the report in VF page, it would be much easier. Otherwise, I would assume I need to write some coding which is beyong my capability.

so, if we can use the report as standard controller, since each report has a unique name, so we can use the result like using fields from an object, no coding would be necessary.

There are lots of requirements like this and I would love to do it in this way.

Any comments? 

• November 25, 2009

Hi, I just witnessed this weird  thing:

<apex:outputField value="{!CP_Preapproval__c.LDs_on_Delivery__c}" style="width: 600px" rendered="{!len(CP_Preapproval__c.LDs_on_Delivery__c)>0}"/>

This works in my VF page.

But this does not work in my VF email template:

<apex:outputField value="{!relatedTo.LDs_on_Delivery__c}" rendered="{!len(!relatedTo.LDs_on_Delivery__c)>0}"/>

Error: The element type "apex:componentReference" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</apex:componentReference>". at line 216

Why is this? 

(I have to remove all markup and paste line by line to locate this error. after I remove it, I can save the template)

• September 17, 2009
Same error msg when doing mail merge:

Exception: CMMHost::GenMailMerge:Exception
Object variable or With block variable not set

sf outlook edition version: 3.1.0.0
MS office version: 2007
sf office edition: 1.3.2.2 

Any suggestion?
  • April 02, 2007

Developer script exception from Redknee Inc. : ContactDuplicateTrigger : ContactDuplicateTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert  caused by: System.Exception: Too many SOQL queries: 21  Trigger.ContactDuplicateTrigger: line 4, column 27

Is it because of the sync of contacts?

• October 12, 2010

I'd really like to be able to access Chatter related objects, as well as some others that won't show up when using 16.0.  Hoping that someone will know of a way to achieve this with Excel Connector.  Not looking for alternative tools, but rather hoping that someone knows how to update the Excel Connector and be kind enough to contribute that to the community.

• October 10, 2010

It happens when user rejects an opportunity approval request.

Screenshot:

I think it is simpler to create a eval user in the DE org to do test drive, why is a test org needed?

Hi,

I want to add a list of related objects with a customized link with each record on the detail page of a record. How can this be achieved on salesforce.

Thanx

Hi, why is this happening?

I tried to test drive some applications and test drive cannot work:

Inactive Registration for Test Drive for: xxxxx.
Please contact your salesforce.com administrator who can grant you a license.

Or sometimes I got a computer activation request:

Activation required
You are attempting to access salesforce.com from an unrecognized computer.

Or sometimes invalid user name/password:

Your login attempt has failed. The username or password may be incorrect, or your location or login time may be restricted. Please contact the administrator at your company for help.

Or sometimes license required:

License Required The Custom Object Definition Purchase Requisition is part of the AppExchange Package Easy Procurement, and requires a license to use.

Is this because of the application, or there is something wrong?

Hi, it looks like FLS is not possible when creating new field using Eclipse.

So what is the easier way to do it?

For who's interested: we (not Salesforce.com!) created an improved version of the Excel Addin with the following improvements:

1. Enhanced login-screen: easier switching between environments (less typing)
2. Validation rules are applied by default (by using newer api version)
3. Fixed error on duplicate columns (required custom fields were downloaded twice)
4. Removed default query on 'systemModeDate > [last 7 days]' if no filter criteria were filled in
5. Increased standard batch size from 50 to 200, improving upload performance
6. Removed checks on maximum amount of lines
7. Improved dates handling (sometimes downloaded dates would not upload back into salesforce again)

(update 2012-12-04, 2 more fixes)

8. ability to upload numberic fields as null instead of always 0

9. corrected the bug to cope with error when uploading numbers with many decimals. These were put into scientific notation in Excel but not loaded properly to SF

(update 2013-05-03, 1 fix)

10. ability to query more than 32766 rows (was hitting the VBA limit on Integer size)

Our users are very happy with it. Feel free to try it out or further build on it and let me know what you think:

http://code.google.com/p/improved-excel-addin/

Disclaimer: Though we made and tested all enhancements with great care, we take no responsibility for the consequences of the use of this tool. Also note that this is an open source tool and not maintained nor supported by Salesforce.com.

Regards,

Guy

Hi,

I have requirement like, I need to render a visual force as Word Document format with Password protected.

Right now in visual force, we are having attribute in page like 'renderas='PDF''. In the same we have to display VF page in Word document format with password protected.

Is it possible to do this? Please let me know is there any alternative solution for this requirement?

• October 21, 2009

I have a vf page that was working ok, but failed as soon as I enabled advanced currency management.

Here's the relevant markup:

<apex:column headerValue="Amount"><apex:outputfield value="{!opp.Amount}"/></apex:column>

and here's the error (which was followed by a stack trace):

Currency fields on entities with effective dated currency are not supported. ...Exception type: class common.exception.ApiException Exception msg: Currency fields on entities with effective dated currency are not supported. Stack trace: common.exception.ApiException: Currency fields on entities with effective dated currency are not supported. at core.apexpages.components.ApexFieldComponentBase.compile(ApexFieldComponentBase.java:903) ...

I filed a support case with Salesforce, and our account exec wrote:

I have had a development team member review the error message and it seems that thiis as expecetd. 

This case has been registered to the current feature request for development in a future release. 

Can it be true that enabling advanced currency management makes it impossible to display any currency field in visual force?