• Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I want to get the Object and Field related information which we can see on sales force like, Created Date, Last Modified Date, Description etc. Is there any way we can get these information from the sales force API, I have tried the DescribeSObject and then getting its field, there are a lot of information about the Object and its field but i was not able to get the Created Date, Created By, Last Modified Date, Last Modified By, Description etc. fields from these calls.

any help or suggestion will be appreciated.
Is there a way to change the RecordTypeID field's value to be null. I know that we can change the recordtypeid fields values, but is there a way to remove the value or make it equal to null. forexample if i have 2 recordtypes set for the account object, the user can select any one of these two values. but what if a user has selected a value and then he wants to remove this value. i.e no recordtype.

Please let me know if there is a posibility that we can remove a recordtype value from a record. because right now if we set the record type in a record then there is no going back i.e. no way (i know) to change it to null.

Regards Mojeeb.
Hi,
     I want to use dated exchange rates option in my app but i have  lots of custom objects.Anybody has implmented this feature in their existing apps.
Anybody can you guide me how to implement this feature?Any technique because currently it is not supporting custom objects and It can also effect the reports. 

My another question is for the reports, when we group the field in the matrix report.Why diffrent currencies convert into USD inspite  not using the currency converted field?
Thx,
Reg.
  • September 03, 2007
I'm new to salesforce development and web development.  I've been developing software for many years but this is the first time I'm doing web development, starting with some s-controls for an application my company needs.  I'm developing on my own (alone) and would appreciate some advice regarding a good development environment/toolset for fast HTML/javascript development and deployment.  Do people just use plain text editors? Find that hard to believe!
Thanks in advance -
Erica
I have a custom object called projects.   We use it to monitor the projects our company performs.  Projects are created when an opportunity is changed to closed won (this is currently a manual process).  I want to have a project created automatically when the opportunity stage is changed to "Closed Won".  Any ideas?  Thanks.

We have an object called Subscribers that is tied to the account level.  I added a field called Total Lines to the account record and I am trying to create an scontrol to count all subscribers tied to an account and populate that number in the Total Lines field on the account.  Can someone please help me with this? I have pasted the scontrol below.

<script src="/soap/ajax/8.0/connection.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script>
//Query for Owner Division
var accountID = "{!Account.Id}";
var subkey = "{!Subscriber__c.SUB_KEY__c}";
{
subResult = sforce.connection.query("Select Name from Subscriber__c where Account__c='accountID and subkey<>null'");

subRecords = subResult.getArray("records");
var subRecord = subRecords.size;

//Query for Account Custom Division Field
var accountID = "{!Account.Id}";
accountResult = sforce.connection.query("Select Total_Lines__c from Account where id = '" + accountID + "'");
accountRecords = accountResult.getArray("records");
var accountRecord = accountRecords[0];

//If the Division on the Account is populated, do not update the Account
if(accountRecord.Total_Lines__c != subRecord) {
var account = new sforce.SObject("Account");
account.ID = "{!Account.Id}";
account.Total_Lines__c = subRecord;
result = sforce.connection.update([account]);
window.parent.location.href = "/{!Account.Id}";
}
}
</script>
Hi all,

is there a way to display an custom image in a page layout?
Like the "url" field type, just displaying the image defined by the path stored in the field.

Cheers,
Harry
I am developing a Ajax scontrol(Report) where I show next 100/50/25 days Events.Customer is asking for pagination as there are thousands of events.
Could some body please provide guidelines or samples for the best practices to use.
Thanks,
Sean

Hey all,
I'm scratching my head a bit on a request from my users, and I thought I'd ping you guys to see if you have any insight.

I've developed a SControl that will query the group of contacts that a particular user is responsible for and will auto-create a task (phone call) for the user.  It is invisioned that this SControl would be invoked every 28 days.

The calls should be spread out over 28 days.  So, if I have 280 people that I'm responsible for today, I would have 10 people to call today, 10 tomorrow, 10 the day after, etc (I'm ignoring weekends at the moment).

My trouble lies here:
- I want the day that a contact is called to stay consistent within the 28 day window.  So, if the SControl assigns a call for Joe Smith on the 6th day of the cycle when I run it this month, I want it to assign him to the 6th day of the cycle when I run it next month.  This will help provide a relatively constant & consistent contact model.

For the life of me, I cant' think of a trigger for this.  I was thinking about using the day of the birthday, but there is a lot of variability in the number of birthdays.

Any thoughts?  Am I missing something easy?
  • June 22, 2007
I'm trying to add a custom delete button to a view.  When I check the syntax below in the "custom button" page, it says there are no errors.  But when I try to use the button in the leads page, it says there is error in syntax.  Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Here's what I'm entering:

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/9.0/connection.js")}

var records = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.Event )};
var taskRecords = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.Task)};
records = records.concat(taskRecords);

if (records[0] == null) {
alert("Please select at least one record.") }
else {

var errors = [];
var result = sforce.connection.deleteIds(records);
if (result && result.length){
var numFailed = 0;
var numSucceeded = 0;
for (var i = 0; i < result.length; i++){
var res = result[i];
if (res && res.success == 'true'){
numSucceeded++;
} else {
var es = res.getArray("errors");
if (es.length > 0) {
errors.push(es[0].message);
}
numFailed++;
}
}
if (numFailed > 0){
alert("Failed: " + numFailed + "\nSucceeded: " + numSucceeded + " \n Due to: " + errors.join("\n"));
} else {
alert("Number of records deleted: " + numSucceeded);
}
}
window.location.reload();
}

}
if (numFailed > 0){
alert("Failed: " + numFailed + "\nSucceeded: " + numSucceeded + " \n Due to: " + errors.join("\n"));
} else {
alert("Number of records deleted: " + numSucceeded);
}
}
window.location.reload();
}
I want to create a Detail Page Link that set a custom Picklist value of the Contacts to the same custom Picklist value in an account.  That code is simple:
records[i].field__c = '{!Account.field__c}';

and setting to null is simple:

records[i].field__c = null;

The problem I am having is writing a function that can do both.  I know I need to check the field__c value but I'm not sure how.

Thanks in advance. 
  • June 19, 2007
I'm using Free trial for developer.
I want to create a campaign by using Salesforce API v9.0
//
Sforce.Campaign campaign = new Sforce.Campaign();
campaign.Name = campaignName;
campaign.StartDate = startTime;
campaign.EndDate = endTime;
campaign.Type = "Other";
campaign.Status = "Planned";
campaign.BudgetedCost = (double)budget;
campaign.ActualCost = (double)cost;
Sforce.SaveResult[] results = null;
Sforce.Campaign[] campaigns =
new Sforce.Campaign[] { campaign };
results = Binding.create(campaigns);
//

After I run this codes, a new campaign that is created in Salesforce. However, StartDate, EndDate, BudgetCost, ActualCost of this campaign is null or no-value!

Please help me to solve my problem! Thanks.

Hi,

I'm developing a webservice which reads data from a database and exports to a excel sheet. This application works if i have MS Office installed in my system . Since i'm unable to install MS Office in the server is there any alternate way to program this.

Thanks in advance,

we have customized object "Quote configuration" on Opportunity Page. There is SFDC quote ID (exp SF-11111) generated after one Quote is created, which only get general information about the quote, similar like billing address, customer information, etc.  there is  one custom link on  this quote page  to link our external application for real product detail  quote configuration.  After this real product detail quote is generated, there is corresponding quote ID called EZ-12345 created.  there is also "Save" button on our external application which can update the SFDC database.   SFDC quote ID  SF-11111 and EZ-12345 were insert to quote table in SFDC and opportunity table in SFDC, the issue is the "last modified by" field in Quote table and opportunity table is always using system administrator's name not individual sfdc user name.

anyone knows what caused this issue?

Hi,

I want to get the Object and Field related information which we can see on sales force like, Created Date, Last Modified Date, Description etc. Is there any way we can get these information from the sales force API, I have tried the DescribeSObject and then getting its field, there are a lot of information about the Object and its field but i was not able to get the Created Date, Created By, Last Modified Date, Last Modified By, Description etc. fields from these calls.

any help or suggestion will be appreciated.