• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone,

We are using the Salesforce CTI adaptor for our CTI plugin and we have just tried installing our plugin on a new customer's computer (Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, IE8) and its giving us weird errors when the CTI adaptor is starting up for both IE8 and Firefox 3.6.12. I have also tried the Demo adaptor on the same computer but its giving the same error.

The weird thing is that we've installed it a few other PCs in the same company and they work fine, but this PC we just can't get working. So it seems to be something environmental.

Has anyone seen this kind of error before?

Now I have my CTI adapter all done and an installer for it built I find I am having issues installing and running on other machine (other than my development machine I mean).

I am not certain I have done my installer at all correctly. I install all the files needed into a directory and the installer will register the MSXML6.dll file that is needed. On my machine everything runs fine but I think that is because I had previously installed the demo CTI adapter that comes in the toolkit.

On a test machine that we are trying to do a clean install on however we get the error: "Unable to start the Salesforce.com Office Toolkit. Please contact your Salesforce.com administrator to rectify this problem."

I do have the office toolkit dll in my install (SF_MSApi4.dll). Do I need to register this or something? Do I need some registry settings?

Simon

Hi, I have developed and built a CTI Connector to interface with our telephony system and have this working nicely now. I am having problems however building a release version of the project. The debug version will build fine.

I have followed the instruction given in the CTI Toolkit Developers guide (Chapter 3 - Building a CTI Connector in Visual Studio) and have built the project in Visual.net 2003 as described.

When I try to compile the release version I get the following error:

Compiling...
cl : Command line error D2016 : '/O2' and '/RTC1' command-line options are incompatible

I have trying playing with those options in the project properties but so far I can't get it to build release at all.

Does anyone have any hints?

Simon
I have successfully got my CTI adapter running and talking to our CTI system and everything is working well. The one thing I am having difficulty with however is searching based on attached call data.

What I want to be able to do is specify which field I wish to be matching on within Salesforce and then match the data I specify (which we obtain in out CTI system when we receive an incoming call).

I can't figure out how I need to specify the search data in the mapAttachedData that is passed into the CCTIUserInterface::OnCallRinging function.

I have been reading the developers guide on page 47, Displaying Call-Related Records, but this doesn't really show how exactly to do it in code. The Demo code only searches based on ANI (which does work fine in my app).

Can someone please show me a code example of how you set up the key value pairs please?

Also what is the easiest way to find out what the object and field names are? Are they the same as you see if you look at App Setup, Customize, (object), Fields in the web interface?

Thanks.

Simon

Hi, I am trying to develop a CTI connector between our CTI system and Salesforce using the CTI Toolkit.

I have successfully compiled and run the Demo Adapter example and played with that and I am now working on my own connector. I am at the point where SalesforceCTI.exe is loading and calling into my code. I can see my UI and eventsink initialising in the logs and can see my CreateLoginForm() being called. The problem is that within the browser the softphone start to initialise then never actually starts up. It sits and says "Initializing Softphone..." and never progresses past this point.

Obviously I am doing something wrong or missing something but I am not sure what? In the demo code after initialisation you see the CTIConnect() being called but that isn't happening in my code. Perhaps I am missing something in my initialisation? What causes CTIConnect to be called?

Where is the best place to post questions such as this?

Thanks.

Simon Jansen
REALLY hoping someone can provide a simple solution for this question - we have a client who needs to have their CTI Adapter show a new Lead record (with the Phone field populated with the ANI of the caller) if no match is found in their org. Also, they need to be able to access custom fields on the Call record while the call is in progress. Does anyone know if this is possible with the CTI Adapter?
Now I have my CTI adapter all done and an installer for it built I find I am having issues installing and running on other machine (other than my development machine I mean).

I am not certain I have done my installer at all correctly. I install all the files needed into a directory and the installer will register the MSXML6.dll file that is needed. On my machine everything runs fine but I think that is because I had previously installed the demo CTI adapter that comes in the toolkit.

On a test machine that we are trying to do a clean install on however we get the error: "Unable to start the Salesforce.com Office Toolkit. Please contact your Salesforce.com administrator to rectify this problem."

I do have the office toolkit dll in my install (SF_MSApi4.dll). Do I need to register this or something? Do I need some registry settings?

Simon

Hi, I have developed and built a CTI Connector to interface with our telephony system and have this working nicely now. I am having problems however building a release version of the project. The debug version will build fine.

I have followed the instruction given in the CTI Toolkit Developers guide (Chapter 3 - Building a CTI Connector in Visual Studio) and have built the project in Visual.net 2003 as described.

When I try to compile the release version I get the following error:

Compiling...
cl : Command line error D2016 : '/O2' and '/RTC1' command-line options are incompatible

I have trying playing with those options in the project properties but so far I can't get it to build release at all.

Does anyone have any hints?

Simon
I have successfully got my CTI adapter running and talking to our CTI system and everything is working well. The one thing I am having difficulty with however is searching based on attached call data.

What I want to be able to do is specify which field I wish to be matching on within Salesforce and then match the data I specify (which we obtain in out CTI system when we receive an incoming call).

I can't figure out how I need to specify the search data in the mapAttachedData that is passed into the CCTIUserInterface::OnCallRinging function.

I have been reading the developers guide on page 47, Displaying Call-Related Records, but this doesn't really show how exactly to do it in code. The Demo code only searches based on ANI (which does work fine in my app).

Can someone please show me a code example of how you set up the key value pairs please?

Also what is the easiest way to find out what the object and field names are? Are they the same as you see if you look at App Setup, Customize, (object), Fields in the web interface?

Thanks.

Simon

Hi, I am trying to develop a CTI connector between our CTI system and Salesforce using the CTI Toolkit.

I have successfully compiled and run the Demo Adapter example and played with that and I am now working on my own connector. I am at the point where SalesforceCTI.exe is loading and calling into my code. I can see my UI and eventsink initialising in the logs and can see my CreateLoginForm() being called. The problem is that within the browser the softphone start to initialise then never actually starts up. It sits and says "Initializing Softphone..." and never progresses past this point.

Obviously I am doing something wrong or missing something but I am not sure what? In the demo code after initialisation you see the CTIConnect() being called but that isn't happening in my code. Perhaps I am missing something in my initialisation? What causes CTIConnect to be called?

Where is the best place to post questions such as this?

Thanks.

Simon Jansen