• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have a xsd in which I have input parameters being passed.I have to create a wsdl to take that input parameters and query the database based on the input parameters and send some output parameters.

so I thought of writing an apex class and generate a wsdl for that class.
Is my approach correct?

But my doubt is how to get the input parameters from xsd.How do I pass an xsd to an apex class and then how to parse the xsd??

Can anyone please help me...

thanks in advance,
Susmitha
  • October 21, 2008
Hi,

We have a partner portal.When a partner user logs into the portal he is able
 to see the Partner Account from which the user is created.How can we restrict the user to view the account.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Sushmitha
  • October 17, 2008
Hi,

I'm using a visual force page and a custom controller for send an email functionality for a partner user.
Can we select a template as in standard saleforce 'send an email' functionality using visula force.
Or is there any work around solution?

any pointers will be od great help.

Thanks and Regards,
Susmitha.
  • August 28, 2008
Hi,

I have created a Document of Html type and using it as Header in partner portal.Partner user have access to that document but still header is not coming up.
Any pointers will be of great help.
Thanks in advance
regards,
Susmitha
  • August 21, 2008
Hi,

I'm displaying a table of records in a visualforce page (retrieved through a list from Custom Controller).I'm having a command link (Accept) for each record and when I click this link few updations should happen to that record and it should be displayed.But how to pass the Id parameter to the action method(AcceptLead) in Controller to update that particular record.
My visual force code is as follows:

<apex:page Controller="CustomController2">
<apex:form >        
    <apex:pageblock Title="test">   
         <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!myLeads}" var="t" id="LeadInbox">
            <apex:column >
                <apex:facet name="header"><b>Action</b></apex:facet>           
                  <apex:commandLink action="{!acceptLead}" value="Accept" >                  

</apex:commandLink>                                  
            </apex:column>

<apex:column value="{!t.id}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!t.name}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
<apex:pageBlock id="test"></apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Controller Class:

public class CustomController2 {

public List<Lead> getMyLeads() {
        String CurrentUserId = UserInfo.getUserId();

List<Lead> myVar = [select id, name from Lead where OwnerId =: CurrentUserId AND Status != 'xxxAccepted' And isConverted = False limit 10];

return myVar;
    }
    public PageReference acceptLead() {

String LeadId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('t.Id');

} 

}

Its very urgent.Any pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks

• July 17, 2008
Hi,

I'm displaying a table of records in a visualforce page (retrieved through a list from Custom Controller).I'm having a command link (Accept) for each record and when I click this link few updations should happen to that record and it should be displayed.But how to pass the Id parameter to the action method(AcceptLead) in Controller to update that particular record.
My visual force code is as follows:

<apex:page Controller="CustomController2">
<apex:form >        
    <apex:pageblock Title="test">   
         <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!myLeads}" var="t" id="LeadInbox">
            <apex:column >
                <apex:facet name="header"><b>Action</b></apex:facet>           
                  <apex:commandLink action="{!acceptLead}" value="Accept" >                  

</apex:commandLink>                                  

<apex:column value="{!t.id}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!t.name}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageblock>
<apex:pageBlock id="test"></apex:pageBlock>

Controller Class:

public class CustomController2 {

public List<Lead> getMyLeads() {
        String CurrentUserId = UserInfo.getUserId();

List<Lead> myVar = [select id, name from Lead where OwnerId =: CurrentUserId AND Status != 'xxxAccepted' And isConverted = False limit 10];

return myVar;
    }
    public PageReference acceptLead() {

String LeadId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('t.Id');

} 

}

Its very urgent.Any pointer would be appreciated.

Thanks

• July 17, 2008
Hi All,

I have created a visual force page  where all the records of a custom object are displayed in a table based on the parameters
in URL(Using a Custom Controller).
The records are displayed as a command link so that when the user clicks on it, detail page opens.I'm able to open it in a new window or same window but I want to open the detail page of the record in the same page in a page block (all the records should display in top of the window and detail page should be displayed below in a apge block when ever I click on any record).How is that possible.

This is my Controller class:

public class MySecondController {

List<Calls__c> results;

public List<Calls__c> getResults() {
results=(List<Calls__c>) [select id,name,Member_Id__c,Relationship_Id__c from Calls__c
where Member_Id__c = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('memberId')

and Relationship_Id__c = :System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('relationshipId')];

return results;

}

My visual force page is

Code:
<apex:page controller="MySecondController">
<apex:form>
<apex:pageBlock title="Calls">
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Results" id="results" columns="1">
<apex:pageBlockList value="{!results}" var="l" >
<apex:column>
<apex:outputLink target="calls12" value="/{!l.id}" id="theLink">{!l.name}</apex:outputLink>
</apex:pageBlockList>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>
<apex:pageBlock id="calls12" ></apex:pageBlock>

I want to display on calls12 page block when ever a link is clicked.
Any pointers will be of great help.
Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by Jon Mountjoy on 05-27-2008 01:51 PM

Message Edited by Jon Mountjoy on 05-27-2008 01:51 PM
  • May 27, 2008
I have one after trigger and one before trigger on a custom object.

whin I checked in system log I found that the triggers are executing in the following sequence
First when I Edit a record , before trigger(in which I compare a value from this object to a value in other object and throw an error) is executing and then after trigger(in which I have update statement of other custom object)
and then its going back to before trigger(but the fields which I'm updating are not commited to database) and throwing error message.

is this the sequence or am I missing something.
Any pointers are appreciated...
  • April 03, 2008
Hi,

we have a requirement where in we need to have  attachment(Documents attached for an  mail going from salesforce)
in activity history along with emails.Mow only sent emails can be seen in Activity History Related list.
Is there any other way to achieve this.???

Thanks in advance..
  • March 21, 2008
Is there any way to redirect to Opportunity page rather than Account page on Converting a lead.
Also can we remove the task creation fields on Lead conversion page?

Thanks in advance.
  • March 13, 2008
Hi ,

I'm not able to load Approval Assignment Email Template in Approval Process.
'Error on Page ' is showing up when I click on lookup icon.
Why is it happening like that??

any pointers...

thanks in advance

• March 04, 2008
Hi ,

can we create a custom field which is a lookup to queue and user like the standard owner field.
If not possible is there any round about solution.

Thanks in advance
  • February 26, 2008
Hi,

I have installed Force.com plugin in my eclipse.When I'm trying to create a Force.com Project an error is showing up saying 'com.salesforce.toolkit was unable to load class com.salesforce.toolkit.factories.ToolkitExtensionFactory'.

Can anyone help me in this.
Thanks in advance.
  • February 22, 2008
Hi,

How to enable visual force in my developer org???
  • January 18, 2008
Hi.. I have written workflow rules with email as action in our sandbox system. But we are not getting any notification even when simple criteria.. Is it a problem with sandbox? did anyone face the same problem? Thanks in advance..
  • September 26, 2007
Hi All,
I have some queries regarding sand box.
How often can we create sand box and can we replicate production from sandbox automatically or will that be a manual process.How many dand boxes can be created for one org.

• August 31, 2007
Hi,
My requirement is to create an opportunity at backend on click of a button.
So i'm using an s-control with ajax but an error is showing up saying
'Exception thrown but not caught'.

But with the similar code i'm able to create a account...

i was using this code in between script

var opportunity=new sforce.SObject("Opportunity");

opportunity.Name = "My Opportunity";

opportunity.StageName="Prospecting";

opportunity.CloseDate="8/22/2007";

var result = sforce.connection.create([opportunity]);

var accid=result[0].Id;

alert(accid);

if (result[0].getBoolean("success")) {

alert("new account created with id " + result[0].id);

} else {

alert("failed to create account " + result[0]);

}

any help is appreciated.
thanks in advance.
  • August 23, 2007
Hi , I require material for outbound messaging.If any body have worked on this please help me.
  • August 02, 2007
Hi,
I have used triggers for some data validations in my developer org.But in Unlimited Edition which we are using now ,does not have an option of triggers,so can I use S-Controls without linking to buttons and links,such that the validation rules get checked when ever I click save .I need it very urgently.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
  • June 04, 2007
Hi,
I have used triggers for some data validations in my developer org.But in Unlimited Edition which we are using now ,does not have an option of triggers,so can I use S-Controls without linking to buttons and links,such that the validation rules get checked when ever I click save .I need it very urgently.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
  • June 04, 2007
I have a custom object (Service Request) has a master detail relationship to the Case object.  What I am trying to do is to prevent a user from closing a case if the related service request record does not have a status of "awaiting invoice"  This status field in my custom object is a picklist.  This is the code that I have attempted to enter and the error message I get when I try to validate it.

Rule:
AND(ISPICKVAL( Status ,"Closed - Resolved"), NOT(ISPICKVAL ($ObjectType.Service_Request__c.Fields.Status__c, "Awaiting Invoice")))

Error:
Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Object

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok.

I was able to pass data to 2 fields from contact to a candidate object.  The contact name is currently a master detail datatype for candidates. The current company field is a lookup datatype in the candidate object. I created a custom button called new canidadate which create a new record from contacts to canidate. When this is done, the contact name from contacts and it's associcated company name gets populated in caniddate. The problem is, it is looking at all nameS in the database that have that name. For example, John Do is in company A and Company b. They are different contacts but when I click new caniddate it tells me to pick from the drop down  with the different John Dos as values to choose from. How do i get past this?? It should only bring in the contact id that i orginally was working with before i pressed new caniddate

/a0M/e?CF00N60000001OnWs={!Account.Name}&CF00N60000001NTUU={!Contact.Name}&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}
Hello everbody,

I'm using the URLFOR function to replace a standard "New"-Button by an S-Control. What this S-Control only adds some additional behavior when the user clicks the "Save"-Button. I managed to integrate this behavior using the saveURL parameter of URLFOR. The "Cancel"-Button also does, what it should do using the cancelURL parameter. But I don't know how to adapt the behavior of the "Save&New"-Button, because I don't know the appropriate URLFOR parameter.

Has anybody an idea how this parameter is called? Something link: saveNewUrl, saveAndNewUrl, ... ?
To get a better idea, what I'm talking about, here is my code.

The S-Control which replaces the standard "New"-Button:
Code:
 <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
 <html>
  <head>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script>
   <script src="/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript">
    window.parent.location.href = "{!URLFOR($Action.AppTest2__Assessment__c.New, null, 
[saveURL=URLFOR($SControl.Save_Assessment, null, null, true),
cancelURL=URLFOR($Request.retURL, null,null,true)], true)}";
</script>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Notes:
"Assessment" is the object I want to create and "Save_Assessment" is the S-Control which add's some behavior whenever the user hits the "Save"-Button.

Thanks in advance,
Matthias
Hi , I require material for outbound messaging.If any body have worked on this please help me.
  • August 02, 2007
hi, I have created an app in which i have used triggers,packages,custom objects and custom fields.But i'm not able to upload triggers and packages. thanks in advance.
  • May 07, 2007
How to save data from Salesforce to excel sheet whenever an account is created or updated.You can reply me to mail2sush3@yahoo.co.in. Thanks in advance.
  • April 23, 2007