• 1011 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have three objects.  Object A and Object B are Masters to Object C in a master detail relationship.  I need to create a rollup summary in Object A based on a Formula Field (FF1) in Object C.  The problem is that the Formula Field in Object C has a reference to Object B.  Thus, the formula field is not available to aggregate because of the cross object reference.  I thought I had come up with a work around and that was to create another field (N2) in Object C that I wrote the value of the FF1 into using a field update workflow.  However, I need it to update N2 when the value in the referenced field in Object B is updated (of course there is a Formula field in Object C that is linked to the refered field in Object B).  The problem that I have now encountered is that when B changes, even though C has a reference to it, the record in C isn't actually edited so the workflow does not initiate.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this?  I'm not literate enough in APEX to write the code to do this.

• December 15, 2009

I need help in finding out  whether trigger.old has got values or not.

Hello!     

The opportunity/contract relationship is just an example,  but it might work a bit better on your imagination. Important part is that I know how to do this so I can do this myself for other objects :) 

What I am trying to do is the following (in story mode): I am viewing an opportunity, it is going to be Closed - Won, so I would like to create a contract related to this opportunity. I am going to the related list for Contract and click on 'New'. This takes me to the 'Create new Contract' page, the Opportunity look-up field is filled as I created it from the opportunity's related list. I want it to take more information from Opportunity and put it in the Contract fields (say amount, date and description). How do I do this? I am rather unfamiliar with the Salesforce coding and I only have  base knowledge of programming in general, the help function on SF or searching on these forums gave me no results.

Thanks for reading! 

• December 10, 2009

Is there a way to populate a multiselect pick list via workflow rules.  If it was a text field I would be able to say if record type = x then populate field with y.

If not does anyone know an alternative method of accomplishing the same thing.

David

Can the upsert with relationships be used with Data Loader's command line?  If so, are there any examples of an SOQL statement that will do this?  I am attempting to pull Customer data from Oracle R12 and migrate this to SF but need to also include location and owner (account manager) data.  One is a reference from Account and the other is a reference to Account (child).  I can pull the data from Oracle using DataLoader's command line and upsert SF but I don't know how to get the owner id (unknown in Oracle) or the location id (also unknown in Oracle).  This is a one way interface.

Hi there. If I have a blob property in my controller that is bound to an <apex inputFile....

and I want to create an attachment from it, how can I determine the ContentType for the attachment?
Thanks 

Hi All,

Does the Developer certification exam consist of multiple answer questions?

And can anyone suggest me what study material i have to go through for taking this test?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi we are new to force.com to develop web application (or websites) on the force.com, we found many usefull pdf of Cookbooks, fundamental, visual force developers books, and view sample website of the force.com. we like the website they design and want to design dynamic content website.

we need a website where user can register with details and password after that user can login to the portal(website) after deployment to web.

we also studied about sitelogin and siteregister visual force pages but it never helps our concept.
can any body help us to design portal website and reference of useful resource for the development.

We have Professional Edition + API.  We found we don't have access to Apex Code so are trying to find another way to keep our local application and Salesforce in sync.  I don't want to simply poll Salesforce for changes to download to our system.  I came across Outbound Messaging and was curious if others on Professional Edition were successfully using it or is this only available in Enterprise Editions?

Thanks!

User gets "Insufficient privileges" message trying to save a custom object for which they have Read, Create, Edit, and View All permissions. Classes and triggers invoked during the save refer to other objects. If user's profile has View All on every standard and custom object, the error still occurs. User can save only if profile has the View All administrative permission.

What resource does the administrative permission grant access to that is not included by all the individual objects' View All permissions?

• December 05, 2009

I've come to the conclusion that it is not possible to enter the edit page for a new standard object instance  and have defaults values preset to taste. Correct? (I'm particularly looking at Opportunities here, well more specifically Donations in the NPSP).   While I realize I can set up a Workflow or Trigger to set fields after I submit the form, this is not what I want.  I want the user experience to have the fields set to custom defaults when the page initially renders.

- There's nothing in the standard object configuration that seems to offer this functionality.

-  There's nothing in the page layout that seems to offer this functionality.

- You cannot add an S-control to the edit layout.

- You cannot add VisualForce to the edit layout. (I know this idea is up for voting in the IdeaExchange)

I'm out of ideas.

Am I right to conclude that, until VisualForce pages are available in edit layouts, that this is simply not possible?

thanks,

jason

I have a VisualForce page fronting a custom object and some child objects that is basically a form containing a lot of input fields using the <apex:inputField> tag in page blocks sections.

A user may want a PDF copy after they fill out the form completely.  Unfortunately, renderAs="pdf" does not render inputField values, just the labels.  Why is this?

Is the workaround that I have to create two custom pages -- one for data entry and one for PDF display (that does not use input fields)??  Ugh...

Thanks.

Dave

• December 02, 2009

Hi i have developed a vpage and overrided d tab with that  page now when i click on d tab iam redirected to that page and once i enter all d fields and save it... up on save iam redirected to the same visualforce page......Now if i click d tab again iam not able to find the list of saved records(as if we can see in standard tab).but again iam going to d visualforce page only..y soits happening can anyone plz help me how can i corrrect it

Thanks & Regards,

Anu.....

Hi,

Is there any way to add body of two  attachments into a single attachment.

i have tried it in the following way

PageReference StatementPDF = Page.GeneratePDF;

StatementPDF.getParameters().put('Id','001T000000DppRD'); StatementPDF.setRedirect(true);

Blob p = StatementPDF.getContent();

Blob x = p;

x = Blob.valueOf(p + x);

Attachment objAttachment = new Attachment(); objAttachment.parentId = '001T000000DppRD';

objAttachment.Body = x;

objAttachment.Name = 'MonthlyStatement.pdf'; objAttachment.ContentType =

'application/pdf';

insert objAttachment;

but the Problem is it is not displaying any content(though i have content in GeneratePDF) itz juz showing a blank PDF.

Pls do the needful. 

Hey guys,

I've got a record ID in my Requirement__c obj that has some values in various fields. This record id is treated like a template, so I've got users going to a new page where they can create a new record for Reqiurement__c that has preset values set by this record ID.

How do I query that record ID, get the values, then put them on my custom page?

Here is my controller:

public with sharing class RequirementNewController {

//Set the string variables for each parameter
public string trmInAction {get;set;}
Public string rqmInAction {get;set;}
Public string trmprpInAction {get;set;}

//Make sure we can use this page as an extension on and above the standard controller
private ApexPages.StandardController controller;
public RequirementNewController(ApexPages.StandardController controller)
{
this.controller = controller;
//Get the parameters from the page so we can map them back
PageReference pageRef = ApexPages.CurrentPage();
Map<String, String> pageParameters = pageRef.getParameters();
//Set each parameter - Name these intuitively so we know where to put them.
trmInAction = pageParameters.get('trmInAction');
trmprpInAction = pageParameters.get('trmprpInAction');
rqmInAction = pageParameters.get('rqmInAction'); <--- This is the ID I need to get the values of

//Map the parameters on fields on IMAC ticket record.
//Checks to see what link was clicked - IMAC_ticket__c

Requirement__c RqmRecord = (Requirement__c) controller.getRecord();
RqmRecord.Terminal__c = trmInAction;
RqmRecord.Terminal_prep_order_ID__c = trmprpInAction;
RqmRecord.name = rqmInAction.Name; <--- This is where I want to set the values
}
}

So when users load this page, its all prefilled with values from "rqmInAction"

See what I mean?

I'm missing something stupid and obvious, please help me out.

Thanks!

JN

• December 01, 2009
<apex:page cache="false" expires="1" controller="PerfRevMyMgrReview" showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="true">

<apex:composition template="{!$Site.Template}"><

apex:define name="body">

<apex:form ><

font size="3">

<apex:pageBlock title="Business Goals" mode="edit"></font>

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0">

<tr><td>

<apex:outputLabel value="Increase Student Success:" for="BusinessGoals1"/>

</td><td> 

<apex:inputField value="{!PR.BusinessGoals1__c}" id="BusinessGoals1"/></

td></tr>

</table>

</apex:form>

</apex:define>

</apex:composition>

</apex:page>

public with sharing class PerfRevMyMgrReview {

public PerfRevMyMgrReview() {

PageReference pageRef = System.currentPageReference();

RecordType r = [select Id from RecordType where name='MidYearManager'];

PR =

new PerformanceReview__c(RecordTypeId=r.id);

}

private PerformanceReview__c PR;

public void setPR(PerformanceReview__c v){

PR=v;

}

public PerformanceReview__c getPR(){

return PR;

}

}.

PR is a custom Object with several recordtypes defined

BusinessGoals1__c is a pick list which is filtered by record type

if I create a new PR in Salesforce it asks me to select the recordtype, doing so then shows the correct filtered pick list contents.

When I use a force.com custom page and a custom controller. it doesn't filter the pick list.

I an setting the recordtype when I create a new instance and doing so in the constructor of the custom class.

this all compiles aned deploys fine, works ok except for the extra elements in the pick list.

I can remove them using javascript but this seems like a poor solution.

I have tried using a standardcontroller and setting the recordtype in the constructor also which produced the same result.

Anyone else run into this and did you find a solution?

thanks

in advance

Hi,

First, i added some values to the List, and then I return the entire list to visualforce page, my problem is that i can not show specific value of element in the visualforce page but only can show all the elements together once. Anybody has this experience, welcome.

I need a javascript function that I can call from within a visualforce page that will make a call out to an external web service and return the result. The reason for this is that the result needs to be passed back to a calling javascript method rather than being rendered on the page.

What's the best way is acheive this?

- By using actionFunction and calling the actionFunction method from my proposed javascript method. I have attempted this option and the call out from the apex class method works fine but I'm not sure how to return the result to the calling javascript method. (i.e. I have a javascript method calling the actionFunction js method, passing in appropriate parameters, but unable to receive back a result.)

- Or by using Ajax Proxy? But was this designed for use within s-controls?

- Or any other suggestions gratefully received..

Message Edited by nelloC on 11-29-2009 12:28 PM
  • November 29, 2009
I tried many things on how to customize this but find nothing effective. I want to put a text message on the Page Layout I created, how can I do that? Anyone who know how to configure this? Please help me again.

Hi there,

Since im trying to export data using apex data loader for lookup relationship column im getting 18 digit VSF's id not my actual record. how to get my records instead 18 digit id? 

Any suggestion will be highly appreciable. 

Regards,

Jha 

• November 26, 2009

Hello,

We are sending emails on tasks based on the task status values. As we cannot create Email Alerts for Tasks, we had to send mails through Apex code.

Here is where there is a limit of 500 emails per day for an EE Edition as per the documentation. But, it is also mentioned that this does not include the emails sent out to the users inside the org as they are internal.

Only emails sent to outside addresses are added to the count. But, in our case, we are hitting this limit even though we send out mails to internal users.

Anyone, has any idea, as to what is the basis/criteria, salesforce checks/calculates this count of emails sent from API?

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

I am facing an issue with the Custom Label translations!

The requierment is that, i need to translate the custom validation error messages which occur on my VF page as per the language. Also, i need to show translated values of the drop down values which I am populating in my controller.

For this, i need to query the Custom Labels in the controller so that I then show the translated values on my page. But, I have'nt really got any information regarding whether this is even possible or not :(

Can someone please shed some light on the same? Would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks,

Cool_D

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-29-2009 04:09 AM

Hello VF gurus,

I have a basic question w.r.t VF pages.

There is a scenario, wherein "n" no of users sumiltaneously access the same VF page and submit the entered information. In the backend, the controller creates a new record based on the information entered.

Now, my question is that how this concurrency is taken care of? If multiple users click on Submit at the same time, and the same controller method would be invoked, then how will this work?

Will there be an exception or will the DML's be sequential? Would be gr8 if some1 can please clarify this:)

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

This might seem a weird requirement, but I am kinda bugged big time:(

I have to enter the transaltions for a large no of labels/custom fields/picklists values into the translation workbench. As of now I am entering them manually, one at a time, from the UI.

Obviously, this would take me ages to complete the task as i would have 100's of values to enter. So, i tried looking for a bulk upload option using the data loader, but could'nt find any!

Does anyone know of any way, I could acheive this bulk upload? Would save my life for sure :D

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

I have implemented a Site page, wherein the users can fill up some info and the same is saved in a custom object in the database. I have uploaded this page on a no of websites from where the consumers will access this.

The question i have is around the load the Sites page can take. Meaning at the same time, multiple people can access the page from different websites and submit the information simultanteously, right?

So, in this, how the concurrency/overloading issue is taken case of? Cuz, all the pages are running the same controller in the backend. How will the records be created? Will there be an exception/failure?

please advice!

PS: I know there are limits enforced w.r.t page views etc on a daily basis, but still wanna know about this issue of concurrency/overloading?

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Site Gurus,

I have implemented a Site page, wherein the users can fill up some info and the same is saved in a custom object in the database. I have uploaded this page on a no of websites from where the consumers will access this.

The question i have is around the load the Sites page can take. Meaning at the same time, multiple people can access the page from different websites and submit the information simultanteously, right?

So, in this, how the concurrency/overloading issue is taken case of? Cuz, all the pages are running the same controller in the backend. How will the records be created? Will there be an exception/failure?

please advice!

PS: I know there are limits enforced w.r.t page views etc on a daily basis, but still wanna know about this issue of concurrency/overloading?

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-13-2009 10:33 PM

Hello Friends,

I have implmented the Apex Inbound Email service for follow-up tracking and updating cases in my salesforce instance.

This is all working fine. But i was just wondering regarding the concurrency issues!

Means, in case multiple people reply to the Email Service address, then what happens to my email service execution. Will it process the emails one by one sequentially or would there by any failures/exceptions?

Is there a way to make it work in bulk mode? Like instead of processing a single "inboundMail" object, can/should I process a batch like what we do in triggers?

Can some1 pls clarify this?

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Integration Gurus,

I have a question regarding Apex Wsdl.

I have previously used the enterprise WSDL for integration and i know how it works. But I am not sure of how the Apex WSDL works.

I tried reading the docs and forums, but could'nt get anything substantial:(

Can someone give a use-case of when to use Apex WSDL and how?

Many Thanks,

Cool_D 

Hello Friends,

I have a query regarding ordering of a custom List having Custom Object records!

In this scenario, I cannot use Order-By as I am not populating this list directly from a SOQL query. Also, I am sure, we can write custom logic for ordering a custom list, but I was just thiking if I can avoid writing custom code.

But the thing, I am not sure is, how a "DataList" component works. I read the docs which say that it can be ordered or un-ordered, but I am unable to follow it completely considering my scenario.

What if, my list is having 5 fields per custom obejct record, then how does the datalist arrange the data based on a specific field, say Name?

Can someone please clarify this? Also, what is the best approach/solution in such a case?

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-01-2009 12:46 AM

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement wherein the users will click on a button and a CSV file should be generated with some data. Now this file should be automatically sent to an FTP server in real time.

Can this be achieved in salesforce by any means?

Please Help!

Cool_D

Hello Sites Gurus,

I have a basic query regarding the Storage/Memory limitation that is enforced on a per User basis developing a Site.

Reading the documentation i understand that for an unlimited platform edition, 120MB is the storage limit enforced per user.

Now, if i have a Site which is running on a Guest login and the users can upload attachments using this Site page, then will the size keeps adding up for the Guest user in the org?

In this way, 120MB will be consumed in no time!! is there a way in which i can provide the upload functionality avoiding the memory limit?

Please correct if my understanding is wrong anywhere!

Thanks in advance....

Cool_D

Hi Friends,

Going through the facts mentioned in the apex documentation, it seems that the limit of 10000 query rows when the entry point is an APEX class is applicable to the total cumulative count of all the queries which are a part of that class.

For e.g, if i have 5 different queries as part of the same APEX controller class and each one of them retrieves 2001 records, then i would get an exception stating: "Too many query rows - 10005" ??

Just want to confirm if my understanding here is correct. Because till now my understanding was that it is applicable to each individual query!!

Thanks a ton!!

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement wherein i need to check if i have a file name selected while using the InputFile tag.

It is working well in IE, but somehow not working in FireFox!!

The notation i am using is -  document.getElementById("page:form:id:inputfile:file").value 

This somehow is not recognized in Firefox. Can anyone let me know how to handle this cross browser issue??

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

My requirement is that, i need to generate an XML out of my VF page. For this, i specified the "ContentType="application/xml" on my page header and then included the DOCTYPE tags to generate a standard XML out of it.

But somehow, i am not able to get the XML styling in the generated page and it shows me the shole page elements intead of just showing me the data.

Can you please let me know where i am going wrong or is this possible in VF? Pasting my VF page code below:

<apex:page cache="true" Controller="TestController" contentType="application/xml" showHeader="false">
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/html" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<body>
<apex:form >
<apex:pageblock id="exportDocs">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!exportValues}" var="actual">
<apex:column headerValue="Id" value="{!actual.Id}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Act Name" value="{!actual.Name}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="MType" value="{!actual.A_Type__c}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Country" value="{!actual.Country__c}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="B" value="{!actual.B__c}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Actual C" value="{!actual.C__c}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Actual G" value="{!actual.G__c}"/>
<apex:column headerValue="Actual I" value="{!actual.I__c}"/>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</body>
</html>
</apex:page>

Any help/guidance would be highly appreciated!!

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

Is there a way to invoke "executeAnonymous" calls from within Apex or a VisualForce Controller?

I know it can be executed through Eclipse IDE as well as from the Debug Log, but i am not sure how to do it through Apex.

Could not find any reference to this in the Docs/Wiki as well. Any help with this will be highly appreciated!!

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

I am facing an issue with creating attachments where i dynamically create the body using some list of records which have a summarized information. I am doing this with APEX code.

The issue here is that, the attachment type i am creating is a Word Doc and the content which gets rendered as part of the attachment body comes in a very poor display as i cannot format it in the code.

So, i tried using a MailMerge Template, so that i can then plug-in the data into this template which will look better. But somehow, when i add my contents into the template and create an attachment, it starts giving an error, that file format is corrupted etc....

Is there something which i am missing? Or, can someone give me some ideas on how can i achieve this apart from using MailMergeTemplates??

I need a generic solution to this ..... Would be great if someone can help me out here!!

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

I am facing an issue with creating attachments where i dynamically create the body using some list of records which have a summarized information. I am doing this with APEX code.

The issue here is that, the attachment type i am creating is a Word Doc and the content which gets rendered as part of the attachment body comes in a very poor display as i cannot format it in the code.

So, i tried using a MailMerge Template, so that i can then plug-in the data into this template which will look better. But somehow, when i add my contents into the template and create an attachment, it starts giving an error, that file format is corrupted etc....

Is there something which i am missing? Or, can someone give me some ideas on how can i achieve this apart from using MailMergeTemplates??

I need a generic solution to this ..... Would be great if someone can help me out here!!

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

I am having few users with the Platform Licence. But the issue is that they are unable to send emails from the Activity related list on any object even though they have read/write access to it.

When i change their profile to one which is binded to the normal Salesforce licence, then it works. Does this mean that Platform users cannot send emails??

If that's the case, then it is certainly a big drawback!! 

The error message which comes when they try sending email is "Please contact your administrator for previledges".

Would be great if someone can confirm my understanding.

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello VF Gurus,

I was trying hard to understand how Security Settings or the Profile permissions are enforced on a VisualForce page, in case, the page is displaying/using data from multiple objects.

I know the "With Sharing" keyword is used to run the controller in User Mode, but i am not sure how this works when the page is working with data fetched from multiple objects.

In my page, i am working with data drawn from around 3-4 objets and the controller is running on one of these as an Extensions.

While testing, i am completely lost as to how and why some features are working for some profiles and others are not.

Is there any reference on this or if someone has faced similar issue? Please let me know, would work wonders for me!!

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello Friends,

I have a very generic requirement which i am unable to achieve. This is regarding the "SelectCheckboxes" VF component.

Below is the code which i am using:-

<apex:selectcheckboxes value="{!Values}" layout="PageDirection" > <apex:selectOptions value="{!ValueOptions}" /> </apex:selectcheckboxes>

The requirement is that i want to disable some of the checkboxes within this component depending on some criteria.

I tried using the "Disabled" attribute but it disables all the checkboxes instead of disabling selected ones. Is there a way i can achieve this??

Please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hello,

We are sending emails on tasks based on the task status values. As we cannot create Email Alerts for Tasks, we had to send mails through Apex code.

Here is where there is a limit of 500 emails per day for an EE Edition as per the documentation. But, it is also mentioned that this does not include the emails sent out to the users inside the org as they are internal.

Only emails sent to outside addresses are added to the count. But, in our case, we are hitting this limit even though we send out mails to internal users.

Anyone, has any idea, as to what is the basis/criteria, salesforce checks/calculates this count of emails sent from API?

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Hi All,

I have a specific requirement in which all the contacts of a particular account are assigned a Rank and the contact with the best Rank is considered as the Primary Contact and the Overall Rating and Contact Name of the Primary Contact is then updated to the corresponding Account.

Calculation of rank, identification of the primary contact and updating its overall rating to the account is done using a future class, which is called from a Trigger. Trigger is executed for After Insert, After Update and Before Delete.
And moreover all this process needs to be executed when synchronized from offline mode.

When a delete a Contact in offline Mode and if the same contact or its corresponding account was edited or modified in the online mode (salesforce org), and then try to synchronize my offline edition I end up getting the following exception:
"
caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id xxxx000000xxxxxxxx; first error: ENTITY_FAILED_IFLASTMODIFIED_ON_UPDATE, entity failed ifModifiedBefore test on update: []
"
Any inputs on why this is happening and how it could be resolved would be really helpful.
Waiting for your response!

Thanks in advance,
Baradia
  • March 09, 2010

Hello Friends,

I am facing an issue with the Custom Label translations!

The requierment is that, i need to translate the custom validation error messages which occur on my VF page as per the language. Also, i need to show translated values of the drop down values which I am populating in my controller.

For this, i need to query the Custom Labels in the controller so that I then show the translated values on my page. But, I have'nt really got any information regarding whether this is even possible or not :(

Can someone please shed some light on the same? Would be very helpful indeed.

Thanks,

Cool_D

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-29-2009 04:09 AM

I am new to flex and had a couple of questions before diving in.  Currently, I use Eclipse to build Visualforce pages, apex classes and triggers.  If I am required to build external pages using the Salesforce API, I will develop the external pages using VisualStudio 2008 by compiling the enterprise wsdl into an assembly and creating aspx pages to build the external app.

I've built a pretty simple app in Visual Studio that handles a simple insert into a Salesforce custom object.  This works well.  Now, I'd like to try to incorporate flex.  As an example, I'd like to use a flex datagrid to display all the records in the custom oject, enable sorting and paging and editing capabilities.

Can flex be used with Visual Studio?  Can I build the flex apps in Eclipse and then integrated into an aspx page using Visual Studio?  I've looked at a couple of quick flex demos, but they use flex builder and I'm trying to get a handle on the possibilities using Eclipse/Visual Studio?

Also, I'm using Eclipse 3.3.2.

Thanks.

Hi All

Curently I send emails in contact detail page. After I click the button "Send An Email", the sending email page will be appearred, and the contact email will be added in BCC automatically.

I found the sending email page url was https://na6.salesforce.com/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid=0038000000nFrS0&rtype=003&retURL=%2F0038000000nFrS0

What's the meaning of the parameters in url? such as rtype, retURL.

I want to generate an url, which can add some contacts in BCC on page loading.

My solution is as below:

1. Create a custom button in contact view list. This button will get all the selected contacts and generate an url of sending email.

2. The button redirect to the url for sending email, the page for this url will add all selected contacts' emails in BCC automatically.

Is it possible to change the url parameters to implement this function?

Thanks

Kunlun

• December 26, 2009

Hi I am new and have just created my first force.com app,

I wondered If I can build a functionality that let me send a predefined email by just clicking on a button, or automatically after x-days or so.

Basically It should take some information from fields of that cutom object with predefined content to receipients. These receipients are also contact shown (with lookup fields) in the "custom object site".

Appreciate any help

Thanks

• December 25, 2009

I want to have a form which includes fields for a custom object. This is pretty straightforward for most of the fields, except two of them, X__c and Y__c. To fill these two fields I want the user to click an image, and I want to capture the X and Y coordinates of the click and fill the two fields accordingly.

Message Edited by Jim Boudreaux on 12-24-2009 08:09 AM

I am trying to create a VF page that is used to batch add records.  I have our "Special Event" record, on which there is a "Invite Members" button.  This button should add an "Attendance" record for each of a subset of members.  However, in the custom controller, I would like to verify that Attendance records have not been created yet.  If some exist, I would like to have a VF page pop up that asks if the user is sure of the selected action.  Otherwise, there should just be a validation page.

So how can I change which VF page shows up based on certain parameters in the custom controller?

Thanks 

Hello VF gurus,

I have a basic question w.r.t VF pages.

There is a scenario, wherein "n" no of users sumiltaneously access the same VF page and submit the entered information. In the backend, the controller creates a new record based on the information entered.

Now, my question is that how this concurrency is taken care of? If multiple users click on Submit at the same time, and the same controller method would be invoked, then how will this work?

Will there be an exception or will the DML's be sequential? Would be gr8 if some1 can please clarify this:)

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Is there a way to secure access to the Codebase (disallow view/edit) but still allow users to upload using the data loader?  I think the API Access checkbox controls access to both, right?
  • December 15, 2009

Hello Site Gurus,

please advice!

Many Thanks,

Cool_D

Message Edited by Cool_Devloper on 12-13-2009 10:33 PM

I am building a customized send email function with Visualforce page. If user chooses an Email template, in the email body(input text area), the merge field value {!Contact.Name} cant get the correct data as standard send email function can do. I am not sure if anyone has any solution to solve this problem, I will appreciate it.

What I am trying to do now is to create another temporary email with setTargetObjectId, setWhatId and setTemplateId, send the temporary email out and then use getPlainTextBody to get the temporary email body, in which all merge fields are replaced by the correct data. But the problem is the temporary email already sent out to the contact. So is there any way to re-direct the temporary email sent to a dummy address, not to the contact?

Hi - hopefully a simple question.

I'm trying to create a custom button to send a template email to the lead.

I've found some relevant board posts but they all seem for more complicated uses - I'm simply looking for a button that would mimic the following:

Activity:Send An Email

Select Template

[template id]

Send

Does that make sense?  I'm familiar with how to create buttons, I just can't figure out the syntax.   

I am building a Visualforce page for creating a case. Now there are fields in case which are read only for all profiles except System Adminstrator. I need the user to enter the value for this field and so I created my page with a controller and not a standard controller. Also in my controller I added the modifier as without sharing.

Now when I log in through another user, I still see the field as read only on the page. However from the controller I am able to insert value or update the field. I fail to understand this. It seems to me that the page is running in User mode following the user profile permissions and field level security while the controller is running in Sytem mode. Is this the intended behaviour or am I missing something?

How do I solve this? Has anybody faced a similar problem before? Please reply. This is very critical to the project I am doing.

I am encountering this error with the following query but I am not sure why. I thought non selective meant you didn't have a where clause but this query does.

System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing.
Even if a field is indexed a filter might still not be selective when:
1. The filter value includes null (for instance binding with a list that contains null)
2. Data skew exists whereby the number of matching rows is very large (for instance, filtering for a particular foreign key value that occurs many times)

Code:
for(Opportunity opp : [select Id, Reseller_Company_Name__c, Partner_Level__c, Partner_Engagement_Type__c from Opportunity where Reseller_Company_Name__c IN :coNames AND LastModifiedDate >= :oldestDate]){
String resName = opp.Reseller_Company_Name__c;
Automation__c match = fuzzyNameMatch.get(resName);
opp.Reseller_Company_Name__c = match.Reseller_Company_Name__c;
oppsToUpdate.add(opp);
}

Thanks.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 10-21-2008 09:47 AM
  • October 21, 2008
We are looking to install a new CHAT app that will integrate with SFDC.  I'm looking for info from a user perspective on your experience specific to your integrated CHAT product.  What are you using and pros and cons for it?  We have just begun our research and Live Person is the app we starting with.  I'm hoping someone has a user experience they can share. 

Thanks.
  • August 27, 2008
Hi
I have enabled google apps in our Organization. I want to perform voice chat with Google Apps. When I try to call there is no action happening. Is there any setup required or am I missing something.
Any pointer will be very helpful

Thanks
Regards
Bhu
  • June 30, 2008
Hi,

I have a small query regarding transalation of fields from one org to another. Right now we are manually doing this transaltion. Is there any way to perform the translations from one org(say Sandbox) to another(say Production) other than this? Is it possible through Eclipse or any other tool? If so how is it done?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Priya Nair

• June 30, 2008
Hi all

I have a query regarding UPSERT functionality of Apex Data Loader.I have a field value in Accounts where i want to change the value to NULL using UPSERT for all the existing records.But when i do that, the value still remains. Cant we update the value to NULL using UPSERT if there is any existing value??

Any help would be highly appreciable!!!

Thanks in Advance