• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I have a requirement where in i need to transfer reports and dashboards from one salesforce account to another. Is there any automated process, using which i can do it?, so that i can avoid creating them manually. Please do let me know in case of any pointers on it.

Thank in advance,
Bharat 
Hi All,

i have a requirement where in i have to load data from excel using UI. is it possible? If yes please do let me know its solution as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Bharat
I have to display thousands of records in my visual force page.I'm able to display them only in one page.Can I display them in pages similar to the records displayed in Views.

Any pointers will be of great help.Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sushmitha
Hi,

I'm using a visual force page in a home page component.But height remains as I specified and if onlw few records are retrieved  blank space is coming up between the components.
I dont want to use scrolling option.So how can I vary the height dynamically based on the number of records.

the html i'm using for my component is below..

<IFRAME id=VisualForceLeads name=VisualForceLeads src="/apex/testLead" frameBorder=0 width="100%" scrolling=no height=1000></IFRAME>

Any pointers regarding this will be of great help.
Thanks in advance..
Hi all,

I want retreive all the lead records other than previously owned by the user.So i'm querying the Lead history object to fetch all the leads which are previously owned by him .This query is retriving the records but when i'm adding leadId's to a set an exception is thrown saying Attempt to de-reference a null object' at that line.

This is the part of the code i'm using

String CurrentUserId = UserInfo.getUserId();
      Set<Id> t1= new Set<Id> ();
  leadHistory[] lh1=[select leadId from leadHistory where field='Owner' and createdById=:CurrentUserId ];
      for(leadHistory lh2:lh1)
      {
      t1.add(lh2.leadId);
      }
       for(List<Lead> myVar1 :[select id, name, Status from Lead where Status='Open' and Postcode__c!= null and id not in :t1 ])

{

myVar =myVar1 ;
     }
     }

.Any pointers will be of great help.Thanks in advance.
Hi All,

We are trying tp migrate Workflows from one sandbox to another sandbox using Force.com v13(eclipse). But after adding all the Workflow Rules, Alerts and Field Updates in a package, when we are trying to validate it using Force.com, error is thrown for all the workflows stating " No Email Template Found 'template name'".

Any Help on solving this issue will be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Bharat Baradia
Hi All,

How can we remove the Quick Create option from the Accounts Page Layout in the Partner Portal?

Thanks in advance,
Bharat Baradia.
Hi All,

Under Search, How can we limit the Search items to only the items they can see in the portal - e.g; Leads, Contacts and Accounts only?

Thanks in advance,
Bharat Baradia
Hi All,

I am working on sending Email Notifications through Assignment Rules. If the condition is satisfied, the lead gets assigned as per the rule to one of the Queues and an Email is also sent to the Queue. The Template i am using has Lead Link field and  Custom Picklist Field along with some other fields (all meger perfectly). When i send the template through Workflow or Manually through "Send An Email" Option the mail recived in the Gmail is perfect with all fields populated correctly but the Mail sent through Assignment Rule has the above two mentioned fields unpopulated. If anyone can provide any info regarding this, it will be great help. Also all this is done in Sandbox Environment.

Thanks in Advance,
Bharat Baradia
Hi All,

I am working on generating web-to-lead forms, there is a picklist field which contains the province names in spanish "e.g: Córdoba". in the forms generated i made changes in the HTML source code and the values are getting reflected exactly but when i submit the form and check it in the Salesforce, the record gets created but the Province field has value in different format "C�rdoba ". If anyone can give any info on such issue, it will be really great.

Thanking You In Advance,
Bharat Baradia.
Hello,
In the Partner Portal, whenever a lead is created, there are two issues that I have been facing

1. The assignment rules are not working as configured.

2. When I create a lead without activating any assignment rule, and goto a queue, I am unable to see the accept, change status & change owner buttons.

Any pointers to solve these problems will be appreciated

Thanks
Hello,
I require to convert my leads to opportunities in the Partner Portal. Whenever I clicked on the convert button, I was taken to lead convert page, after entering all the required information, & clicked on the Convert button again, I got an error message 'cannot find default record type'

After much research I was able to convert a lead that was a person account into an opportunity. I am still unable to convert a business account lead to an opportunity.

Any pointers to this will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi All,

I have a requirement, where i ned to connect a database to salesforce and upsert the records in salesforce from the database Using Apex Data Loader command line, but i have no idea about it. i will be extremely grateful  if anyone can provide me with some inputs regarding it, how to start working on it, approach required or some document or link where i can get info on it.

Thanks in Advance,

Bharat Baradia

Hi All,

Can we load converted leads using data loader? if yes, then how can we do it ?  i have tried loading the same by making IsConverted field to True and then load it, but every time i get an error saying "Converted Account empty for a Converted Lead". Then i also tried loading it by giving Company Field but i got the same error again. So if anyone can provide me with some input regarding this, it will be really grateful.

Thanks in Advance,
Bharat Baradia.
Hi all,

I have been trying to convert a lookup field to master detail relation field, while we were changing the field type we encountered an error message saying
"There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Generic Exception Creator".

We also tried creating a new Master-Detail Field instead of converting the existing one, but in this case we encountered the following error message
"You cannot create a new Master-Detail relationship on an existing custom object if records already exist. You must first create a Lookup relationship, populate the lookup field with data in all records, and then change the relationship type to Master-Detail. "
Then we made a lookup field and populated all the recods with value in that field and then tried converting it to Master-Detail Relation but again encountered the first error message..
"There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Generic Exception Creator".

We have also deleted all the reports which use that lookup Field but still were'nt able to change it to Master Detail Relation
If any one has any knowledge regarding the same, Please do let us know.

Thanks in Advance,
Bharat.

Hi All,

Can we change the format in which the phone number appears when we select the Phone Data Type. I have a requirement in which i need to show the numbers in different format for numbers of US and UK. Presently the Phone data type is in US format, can be this changed to UK format and if yes, then how?

If we enter any ten digit no. it takes it in the following format-{ (xxx) xxx-xxxx } and for all other numbers it shows as it was entered. Can this be Changed?

Thank You In Advance,

Bharat
Hi All,

I have a query on web-to-lead. I have created two web-to-lead HTML pages for different record types basing on the fields and the lead records needs to be created in thier respective record types when the form is submitted, but all the lead forms which get submitted are getting created in the default record type and not in their respective record types. How can I solve this issue?

Thanking You
Bharat Baradia
Hi All,
I wanted a little information regarding Platform Edition. In the newly launched platform edition can we write S-Controls, Validation Rules, Triggers, ets. Can we build API's. And where can we use this Platform Edition.

Thank You.
Hi Everyone
I have a requirement on field dependencies and want some suggestions on the same. I have three picklist fields (Service Area, Zip-Code, Facility), when i select Loans from Service Area and some code say 1234 from Zip-Code, it should show only few options ( say Home Loans, Edu Loans) and not all options( Home Loans, Edu Loans, Business Loans, Amt Transaction, etc) to select fom the picklist of Facility and if i select Loans from Service Area and say 4567 from Zip-Code, it should show only few options ( say Business Loans, Amt Transaction) and not all( Home Loans, Edu Loans, Business Loans, Amt Transactionc, etc) to select fom the picklist of Facility. so basically the facility picklist depends on two fields Service Area and Zip-Code. But in field Dependencies i could find that, one field can depend on one field only. So if there is any other way to resolve this issue, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

BHARAT.
I have to display thousands of records in my visual force page.I'm able to display them only in one page.Can I display them in pages similar to the records displayed in Views.

Any pointers will be of great help.Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sushmitha
Hi,

I'm using a visual force page in a home page component.But height remains as I specified and if onlw few records are retrieved  blank space is coming up between the components.
I dont want to use scrolling option.So how can I vary the height dynamically based on the number of records.

the html i'm using for my component is below..

<IFRAME id=VisualForceLeads name=VisualForceLeads src="/apex/testLead" frameBorder=0 width="100%" scrolling=no height=1000></IFRAME>

Any pointers regarding this will be of great help.
Thanks in advance..
Hi All,

We are trying tp migrate Workflows from one sandbox to another sandbox using Force.com v13(eclipse). But after adding all the Workflow Rules, Alerts and Field Updates in a package, when we are trying to validate it using Force.com, error is thrown for all the workflows stating " No Email Template Found 'template name'".

Any Help on solving this issue will be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Bharat Baradia
Hi All,

Under Search, How can we limit the Search items to only the items they can see in the portal - e.g; Leads, Contacts and Accounts only?

Thanks in advance,
Bharat Baradia

Hi All,

I have a requirement, where i ned to connect a database to salesforce and upsert the records in salesforce from the database Using Apex Data Loader command line, but i have no idea about it. i will be extremely grateful  if anyone can provide me with some inputs regarding it, how to start working on it, approach required or some document or link where i can get info on it.

Thanks in Advance,

Bharat Baradia

Not sure if anyone has already posted this question or not, regarding accessing Sybase database.
I want to use the Apex Data Loader ( version 11.0 ) command line interface to get information
from a Sybase SQL Anywhere (ASA not ASE ) db and import it into salesforce. So far I've managed to
successfully import from a csv using the command line ( and the process-conf.xml ).
But to connect to my Sybase database I need to know which driver to use ( I'm new to java programming ).
I normally access our Sybase Database through ODBC not JDBC. So I am not familiar with what it will take
to access teh database through JDBC
What do I need to place in the ( database-conf.xml ) file for the "DriverClassName" and the "url"?
The example has the following for Oracle.
      class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
      destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@my.server.com:1521:dataBaseName"/>
    <property name="username" value="user"/>
    <property name="password" value="password"/>
Thanks in Advance,
Dave
Hi All,

I have a query on web-to-lead. I have created two web-to-lead HTML pages for different record types basing on the fields and the lead records needs to be created in thier respective record types when the form is submitted, but all the lead forms which get submitted are getting created in the default record type and not in their respective record types. How can I solve this issue?

Thanking You
Bharat Baradia