• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I am starting to learn s-control on the job. 

I created a S-control ( as url, an external .Net application ).  I have two questions.

1. How to attatch it to a custom button ?  I am able to override a standard button. But I do not want that. I want to create new custome button and call the s-control on click of that button. Is this feature available now  in Enterprise edition?

2.  How to pass parameters from salesforce screen to this s-control when the user clicks on it ? I want to pass IDs of the case screen , when the user clicks on the custom button or link ? Can someone please help me with a sample code snippet,

would really appreciate your answers to the questions above  !!

Thanks,
Meena
Hello,

I have created a new custom Object called  "Projects". I would like to update/create/insert new records from a seperate web application to Projects object in SalesForce.

This scenario is similar to "Web - to-lead" case. .

Typically I will have a webpage(form) hosted in a our website and the users will fill the form and submit it.

Then I should be able to capture the data from the form and update it into the Project object(table) in Salesforce and should be able to also view the user input data in sales force appication

I do not know if it  is possible as I have created a custom object and not using the existing object "lead"

Your help is highly appreciated. 

Thanks....
Hi All,

I am attatching the code I am using to do a search a name column in the Accounts table.  It is returning me " Object reference not set to an instance of an object." and pointing to the line where i am trying to write the length. (Response.Write("Number of Dimensions:" + records.Length );) .

Please help me to correct my search query. I am new to Salesforce and this is the first time trying the search API.

Grateful if someone can respond immediately.

Thanks a lot !!

Here is the code snippet :Code:
sforce.SearchResult  sr = null;
   sr = sfdc.search(" find{fra} in Name fields returning Account(AccountNumber,Name,CreatedDate,Case_Type__c,Amounts_Awarded__c,Case_Status__c)");
   sforce.SearchRecord[] records = sr.searchRecords;
   System.Collections.ArrayList accounts = new System.Collections.ArrayList();
   Response.Write("Number of Dimensions:" + records.Length );
   if (records.Length > 0)
   {
    for (int i = 0; i < records.Length; i++)
    {
     sforce.sObject record = records[i].record;
     if (record.GetType() == typeof(sforce.Account))
     {
      accounts.Add(record);
     }

}

}
   else
   {
    Response.Write("No records were found for the search.");
   }

Hi,

As a system administrator, I have created some customized views under the Accounts Tab. Now I would like to access this view from a client application using API instead of writing queries from the scratch to get the same resultset .  Please let me know if there is any methods which will let me access the customized views directly.

Thanks,
Hello,

I have created a new custom Object called  "Projects". I would like to update/create/insert new records from a seperate web application to Projects object in SalesForce.

This scenario is similar to "Web - to-lead" case. .

Typically I will have a webpage(form) hosted in a our website and the users will fill the form and submit it.

Then I should be able to capture the data from the form and update it into the Project object(table) in Salesforce and should be able to also view the user input data in sales force appication

I do not know if it  is possible as I have created a custom object and not using the existing object "lead"

Your help is highly appreciated. 

Thanks....
Hi All,

I am attatching the code I am using to do a search a name column in the Accounts table.  It is returning me " Object reference not set to an instance of an object." and pointing to the line where i am trying to write the length. (Response.Write("Number of Dimensions:" + records.Length );) .

Please help me to correct my search query. I am new to Salesforce and this is the first time trying the search API.

Grateful if someone can respond immediately.

Thanks a lot !!

Here is the code snippet :Code:
sforce.SearchResult  sr = null;
   sr = sfdc.search(" find{fra} in Name fields returning Account(AccountNumber,Name,CreatedDate,Case_Type__c,Amounts_Awarded__c,Case_Status__c)");
   sforce.SearchRecord[] records = sr.searchRecords;
   System.Collections.ArrayList accounts = new System.Collections.ArrayList();
   Response.Write("Number of Dimensions:" + records.Length );
   if (records.Length > 0)
   {
    for (int i = 0; i < records.Length; i++)
    {
     sforce.sObject record = records[i].record;
     if (record.GetType() == typeof(sforce.Account))
     {
      accounts.Add(record);
     }

}

}
   else
   {
    Response.Write("No records were found for the search.");
   }