• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello All,

I am trying to create a simple validation rule on our Leads tab that prevents a rep from writing "left message, voice mail, vm" in a short text field called "Quick Note". I am trying to use the CONTAINS text function but I´m not having much luck. Any ideas on how to solve this?

IF(CONTAINS( Quick_Note__c  , "left"), "Update Lead Status field please.")

Error Message:
Update Lead Status field to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Attempt please. Left Message and Voice Message are just other contact attempts.

Should I use the FIND function . .  like this?

IF(FIND( "left",  Quick_Note__c  ) = 0), true value, false value

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

On the Opps page we use a second field that can handle formula calcuations to calculate the final value that we need in the AMOUNTS field (the key field that SF uses for forecasting). Then we have created a S-Control that passes the caculated value into the AMOUNTS field based on the user´s role when the go into the Opportunity.

The javascript works fine and only works for the user roles we have identified but with one big problem. It only works if the person is a Sys Admin. It will not execute the S-Control if the person is a Standard User.

Any ideas on how to solve this. We have the Pro Version.

Here is the S-Control . . .

<script language="JavaScript">
// Check the roles allowed to do this
var myrole = "{!$UserRole.Name}";
if(myrole == 'Marketing Manager' || myrole == 'Client Services Manager' || myrole == 'Client Services Assistant Manager' || myrole == 'Client Services Admin' || myrole == 'CRM Manager' || myrole == 'Operations Director' || myrole == 'Broker Sales Manager')
{
    var theformula = "{!Opportunity.Amount_Formula_Result__c}";
    var theamount = "{!Opportunity.Amount}";
    // If they are not the same (which they should be) then enter here
    if(theformula != theamount)
    {
        // Loop across the formula field and remove anything thats not a number, comma or full stop
        for (var i=0, currencyasnumber ='', valid="1234567890.,"; i<theformula .length; i++)
        if (valid.indexOf(theformula .charAt(i)) != -1)
        currencyasnumber += theformula .charAt(i);
        updwindow = window.open('/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&opp7=' + currencyasnumber + '&save=1','mywindow','width=100,height=100,location=1,status=1,scrollbars=1');
        setTimeout('updwindow.close()',1500);
        var retURL = escape("/{!Opportunity.Id}");
        setTimeout('parent.frames.location.replace("https://emea.salesforce.com" + retURL)',2000);
    }
}
</script>
I need to setup a Time Trigger to run a workflow once a week, but don't see how to do this. Ideally every Monday at 2AM or it could be any time each Sunday. Can you help?
Hi All,

We have a requirement where i need to generate a report showing the details of all the opportunities,activities,contacts,contracts linked to an account in one page. in sfdc, i noticed that at one time, i can generate report on two objects. request you to please provide us on some pointers on this. This is one of the critical client req..
is there a way to design our own reports in sfdc..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Udaya
Hello All,

I am trying to create a simple validation rule on our Leads tab that prevents a rep from writing "left message, voice mail, vm" in a short text field called "Quick Note". I am trying to use the CONTAINS text function but I´m not having much luck. Any ideas on how to solve this?

IF(CONTAINS( Quick_Note__c  , "left"), "Update Lead Status field please.")

Error Message:
Update Lead Status field to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Attempt please. Left Message and Voice Message are just other contact attempts.

Should I use the FIND function . .  like this?

IF(FIND( "left",  Quick_Note__c  ) = 0), true value, false value

Thank you for your help.

Does anyone know how to mass upload/replace Documents using an API call or the Connector?  Is it possible?

I get a set of weekly ERP reports to email to our Sales Agents and I would like to deliver them in SFDC instead of email.
Is there another way to do this?
Hi,
I am trying to update mass leads with the same event and activity...i was told i could do this with the excel connector....
can anyone help me with this....there really isnt a user guide....
Hello,

On the Opps page we use a second field that can handle formula calcuations to calculate the final value that we need in the AMOUNTS field (the key field that SF uses for forecasting). Then we have created a S-Control that passes the caculated value into the AMOUNTS field based on the user´s role when the go into the Opportunity.

The javascript works fine and only works for the user roles we have identified but with one big problem. It only works if the person is a Sys Admin. It will not execute the S-Control if the person is a Standard User.

Any ideas on how to solve this. We have the Pro Version.

Here is the S-Control . . .

<script language="JavaScript">
// Check the roles allowed to do this
var myrole = "{!$UserRole.Name}";
if(myrole == 'Marketing Manager' || myrole == 'Client Services Manager' || myrole == 'Client Services Assistant Manager' || myrole == 'Client Services Admin' || myrole == 'CRM Manager' || myrole == 'Operations Director' || myrole == 'Broker Sales Manager')
{
    var theformula = "{!Opportunity.Amount_Formula_Result__c}";
    var theamount = "{!Opportunity.Amount}";
    // If they are not the same (which they should be) then enter here
    if(theformula != theamount)
    {
        // Loop across the formula field and remove anything thats not a number, comma or full stop
        for (var i=0, currencyasnumber ='', valid="1234567890.,"; i<theformula .length; i++)
        if (valid.indexOf(theformula .charAt(i)) != -1)
        currencyasnumber += theformula .charAt(i);
        updwindow = window.open('/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&opp7=' + currencyasnumber + '&save=1','mywindow','width=100,height=100,location=1,status=1,scrollbars=1');
        setTimeout('updwindow.close()',1500);
        var retURL = escape("/{!Opportunity.Id}");
        setTimeout('parent.frames.location.replace("https://emea.salesforce.com" + retURL)',2000);
    }
}
</script>
Can you create an S-control that allows you to auto-populate contact information into an opportunity?  I need to load the additional contact fields like company name, address, phone, email, etc and want to avoid having to retype the information each time that I link a contact to an opportunity.

Can anyone point me to some code that I can use?

Tanfrancisco