• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In need of a Business Systems Analyst/Salesforce developer in the San Francisco Bay Area.

http://careers2.hiredesk.net/viewjobs/JobDetail.asp?Comp=Intacct&sPERS_ID=&TP_ID=1&JB_ID=&PROJ_ID={A16BA3EC-0A62-4C4F-8F14-A621B0DE2A45}&LAN=en-US&BackUrl=ViewJobs/Default.asp

Job Description:

Working with the Business Systems group, the Business Systems Analyst/Developer will be responsible for the selection, development and ongoing support and improvement for Intacct’s corporate systems.  By leading multiple cross-functional teams, the Business Systems Analyst/Developer will work to deliver solutions that streamline and fully optimize corporate business systems for our continued high growth. 

Job Responsibilities:

• Organize and lead cross-functional project teams to define, design, select, document and deliver corporate business systems and processes that solve complex technical and business needs
  • Document and measure corporate processes and procedures
  • Continually work to identify gaps and form recommendations to improve efficiency of systems and processes that support changing business needs
  • Development of software applications to streamline and automate business processes
  • Measure and document results achieve through solutions implemented

Desired Skills & Experience

• Excellent project planning and management skills
  • Strong analytic and process oriented mindset
  • Understanding of complex business processes and applications
  • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
  • 5+ years of experience software development or programming experience
  • 3+ years of experience in Salesforce.com design and development
  • 3+ years of experience with relevant business systems (CRM, Marketing Automation, Financials, BI/Analytics, Order Management, Billing Systems, etc.)
  • Experience with Salesforce.com application development including Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE and Web Services
  • Proficiency in SOAP or REST based web services, SQL, Apex, XML and Javascript
  • Prior experience with Java, HTML, XML, PHP is a plus

I've seen this issue many times on the forums and tried the suggested solutions, but I am still having trouble figuring this one out.

I am getting the error

"System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, The pricebook entry is in a different pricebook than the one assigned to the Invoice, or Invoice has no pricebook assigned.: [PricebookEntryId]"

(Invoice is actually Quote, the label is renamed in the org)

Here is my trigger:

trigger trgQuoteItems on Quote (after insert) {

/* 
    This trigger adds a processing fee line item to a Quote when the Opportunity's bank meets a certain criteria. 
    Other banks can be added using the Processing Fee field on the quote.
    */ 

//Check how many Processing Fees there are
    Integer i2 = [select count() from PricebookEntry where Name LIKE '%Processing Fee%' and isactive=true limit 1 ];
    System.Debug('### size fee items '+ i2); 

For (Quote q : Trigger.new)

//Prevent recursion and prevent the trigger from running if there are no processing fee line items  
    if(Constants.runTrigger && i2 !=0) {

//Get the pricebook of the quote
    ID QPB1 = [select Pricebook2Id from Quote limit 1].Pricebook2Id ;

//Find the fee item in the Quotes pricebook
    PricebookEntry P = [select Id from PricebookEntry where Pricebook2Id=:QPB1 and Name LIKE '%Processing Fee%' and isactive=true limit 1 ];

//See if there are any Processing Fee Line items already
    List<QuoteLineItem> FeeLineItems = new List<QuoteLineItem>();
    Integer i = [Select count() From QuoteLineItem Where QuoteId =: q.id and PricebookEntryId = :p.Id];
    System.Debug('### size of line items '+ i);

List<QuoteLineItem> listofQLI = new List<QuoteLineItem>();

if (q.Processing_Fee__c==1 && i ==0)
    {
    QuoteLineItem QLI = new QuoteLineItem (
    QuoteId=q.id,
    UnitPrice=0,
    Quantity =1,
    PricebookEntryId=P.Id
    );
    listofQLI.add(QLI);
    }
    //Set static variable to false
    Constants.runTrigger = false;
    Insert listofQLI;
    }

}

Here is the test class that is failing. The odd thing is that the test class doesn't fail all the time in the sandbox. There's random times when it won't fail.

@isTest (seeAllData=true) 
public class NESFTests {

//Test the trgQuoteItems Trigger
		static testMethod void TesttrgQuoteItems() {

Test.startTest();
		//Add some products
		Product2 prd1 = new Product2 (Name='Product1',Description='Test Product Entry 1',productCode = 'PF-05', isActive = true, Family='Fee');
		insert prd1;
		Product2 prd2 = new Product2 (Name='Processing Fee', Description='my fee',productCode = 'PF-01',isActive=true, Family='Fee');
		insert prd2;

//get standard pricebook
		//Pricebook2  standardPb = [select id, name, isActive from Pricebook2 where IsStandard = true limit 1];
		Pricebook2  standardPb = [select id, name, isActive from Pricebook2 where Name = 'Standard Price Book'];
		if (!standardPb.isActive) {
            standardPb.isActive = true;
            update standardPb;
		}

Pricebook2 pbk1 = new Pricebook2 (Name='Test Pricebook',Description='Test Pricebook', isActive=true);
		insert pbk1;

//Add those products to a pricebook
		PricebookEntry pbe1 = new PricebookEntry (Product2ID=prd1.id,Pricebook2ID=standardPb.id,UnitPrice=0.0, isActive=true , UseStandardPrice = false);
		insert pbe1;

PricebookEntry pbe2 = new PricebookEntry (Product2ID=prd2.id,Pricebook2ID=standardPb.id,UnitPrice=0.0, isActive=true,  UseStandardPrice = false);
		insert pbe2;

//Create an Opp with the standard pricebook
		Opportunity qOpp = new Opportunity(AccountId=accounts[0].Id, Name='Renewal - New - Addon', bps__c=1000,
	                ForecastCategoryName='Commit',LeadSource='Source',
	                StageName='20 - Qualified Opportunity', NextStep='notes', Type='New Business', Depository__c ='Bank United',
	                Pricebook2Id=standardPb.Id,
	                CloseDate=System.today()
	                );
	    insert qOpp;

//Insert opp line items into our opp
		OpportunityLineItem lineItem1 = new OpportunityLineItem (OpportunityID=qOpp.id,PriceBookEntryID=pbe1.id, quantity=1, totalprice=0.0);
		insert lineItem1;

//OpportunityLineItem lineItem2 = new OpportunityLineItem (OpportunityID=qOpp.id,PriceBookEntryID=pbe2.id, quantity=1, totalprice=0.0);
		//insert lineItem2;

//Insert a quote
		Quote qte1 = new Quote (OpportunityId=qOpp.id, name='my quote', Pricebook2Id=standardPb.Id,
		Bill_To_City__c='test',Bill_To_Company__c='company',Bill_To_Country__c='USA',
		Bill_To_State__c='CA',Bill_To_Street__c='Street',Bill_To__c='name',Bill_To_Zip__c='95113');
		insert qte1;

Test.stopTest();
		}

/* Setup Test Data */

private static list<Account> accounts {
	        get {
	            if (accounts == null) {
	                accounts = new List<Account> {
	                        new Account(name= 'Regular Account',Phone='(123)456-7890', type='1031 prospect',
	                        Industry='mining',Website='www.nesf.com')  
	                };

insert accounts;
	            }
	            return accounts;
	        }
	        private set;
	    }

private static list<Contact> contacts {
	        get {
	            if (contacts == null) {
	                contacts = new list<Contact> {
	                    new Contact(FirstName = 'Test1', LastName = 'Contact1',Phone='408-555-1234', AccountId = accounts[0].Id, Email = 'test@nesf.com')
	                };
	                insert contacts;
	            }
	            return contacts;
	        }
	        private set;
	    }

private static Opportunity opp {
	        get {
	            if (opp == null) {
	                opp = new Opportunity(AccountId=accounts[0].Id, Name='Renewal - New - Addon', bps__c=1000,
	                ForecastCategoryName='Commit',LeadSource='Source',
	                StageName='20 - Qualified Opportunity', NextStep='notes', Type='New Business', Depository__c ='Bank United',
	                CloseDate=System.today()
	                );
	                insert opp;             
	            }
	            return opp;
	        }
	        private set;
	    }

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Chris

• April 11, 2013

I am trying to display an aggregate result of various metrics in visualforce pages. The result displays fine in the pages, but I am getting the error "Attempt to de-reference a null object" when I run the tests.

public decimal getCaseSLA (){
        AggregateResult agg2 = [Select AVG(SLA_Response_Time__c) sla from Case
                                WHERE CreatedDate = LAST_N_DAYS:30
                                ];

decimal cs3 = (decimal)agg2.get('sla'); 
    return cs3.setscale(2);
    }

I've tried a few iterations with no luck. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

• November 19, 2012

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to restrict actions through apex when a user is logged in on behalf of another user. For instance, one of our internal Salesforce users is logged in as a Partner Portal user. Is there a method we can use to restrict them from an action on our custom page?

I cannot find anything in the documentation.

Thanks,

Chris

• August 13, 2012

I've created a class for a custom global search in my Customer Portal where I want to display the portal user's Cases as part of the results.

My class is set as "public with sharing" so that it would inherit whatever sharing rules the user has to view cases, but right now it is showing ALL Cases within that portal users “Account”. It won’t let them click through, but the cases where they are not a contact show up in the search results.

If you look at the sharing button on the case, it doesn’t show the portal user as someone who has access to the case. I don't want to limit the results to only cases for the Contact related to the user - because some users have Super User access where they are not the Contact.

Does anyone know why this would be occuring?

Thanks,

Chris

• January 20, 2012

Apply here: http://careers2.hiredesk.net/viewjobs/JobDetail.asp?Comp=Intacct&sPERS_ID=&TP_ID=1&JB_ID=&PROJ_ID={812E9C11-D8D0-452E-91C1-72D0E0597C57}&LAN=en-US&BackUrl=ViewJobs/Default.asp

Position OverviewIntacct strives to help small and midsized businesses (SMBs) and CPA firms improve company performance and make finance more productive by providing award winning cloud computing financial management and accounting applications. We are the preferred provider of financial applications for AICPA Business Solutions and focus only on one thing – delivering the most comprehensive Software as a Service financial management system to our more than 30,000 customers across more than 4,000 companies. As a leader in this space with a strong focus on customer satisfaction, we value the individuality, ingenuity and originality each employee contributes. The talent and drive of our employees is a key to our continued success.

Imagine what it would be like to have a successful career at Intacct - working with top talent, motivated to help businesses and CPA firms achieve their business goals. Intacct is the business solution and is the future. If you would like to be a part of our success, please apply for this opportunity.

Job Description:
The Business Analyst will work with the Director of Business Systems to document and manage project requests for operational improvements and strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities• Collect business requirements, identify success criteria, and determine the business value of proposed solutions.
• Define and build reporting to measure key aspects of the business in Sales, Marketing and Finance.
• Measure and document business results achieved through solutions implemented
• Proactively audit Salesforce.com and improve configuration settings and to keep current with the latest capabilities of each release.
• Ensure consistency of processes and data quality across all departments through continuous training efforts
• Document company wide business processes
• Assist with integration of third-party vendors
Requirements• 2-3 years of experience with relevant business systems (CRM, Marketing Automation, Financials, BI/Analytics, Order Management, Billing Systems)
• 2-3 years of Salesforce.com administrator experience
• Experience in Visualforce and Apex
• Salesforce Customer & Partner Portal experience a plus
Job CategoryFinance and Accounting
LocationSan Jose, CA

I'm trying to round a number inside an IF statement, and haven't had any luck. I've seen in other threads that you can't use ROUND inside the "value" element..

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks! Chris

<apex:column width="150" > <apex:facet name="header">Visit Length</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!IF(l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c<60, '{0} seconds', '{0} minutes')}"> <apex:param value="{!IF(l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c<60, l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c, l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c/60)}"/></apex:outputText> </apex:column>

• November 04, 2009

I'm trying to determine the default tab of a TabPanel based on ProfileID, but I can't figure it out. Here's the code in my page, with the If statement based on Profile.

<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="{!if($User.ProfileId!='00e00000006ore5', 'name5', 'name2')}"
tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">

Basically for the default selectedTab, if the profile isn't the hardcoded id, I want it to show "name5", otherwise show "name2".

If I hardcode "name5" in, it works. I've also tried using {!$Profile.Name}.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

I'm trying to get the first completed task logged on a case to fill in the current date/time into a field on the case called"First_touch_case__c". I don't want it to update the date/time if another task is logged. Basically if First_touch_case__c is not null, it shouldn't update it with system.now

Here is my code. I'm sure I'm missing something easy, but basically it keeps updating the "First_touch_case__c" field everytime a task is logged.

trigger CaseFirstTouch on Task (after insert) { List<Case> CasesToUpdate = new List<Case>(); for (Task t: Trigger.new) { if (t.Status=='Completed') { Case c = new Case(Id=t.WhatId); if (c.First_Touch_Case__c == null) { c.First_Touch_Case__c = System.now(); CasesToUpdate.add(c); } } } update CasesToUpdate; }

Thanks,

Chris

Has anyone had any luck adding child object fields to a visualforce enhanced list? I'm trying to add a column for Sales Team Members to an Opportunity enhanced list.

I've got my standard controller set as Opportunity, and I built a class to query OpportunityTeamMember which I'm using as an extension in the apex page.

When try to view the page, I get an "An internal server error has occurred". 

Is this even the right approach to doing this?

Thanks,

Chris

• April 30, 2009

I'm trying to create a case related to the account of an opportunity that reaches a certain stage, but is not related to the current opportunity.

The trigger works, but it is created two cases instead of one. Any help would be appreciated.. my trigger and class is below.

Trigger:

trigger CreateCaseXML on Opportunity (after update) { List<Case> cases = new List<Case>(); for (Opportunity newOpp: Trigger.new) { if (newOpp.StageName == 'Booked' && newOpp.XML_SDK__c >1 && newOpp.CloseDate==System.today()) {cases.add(new Case(RecordTypeId = '0120000000095EH', AccountId = newOpp.AccountId, Priority = 'P4 - Low', OwnerId = '00500000006pXqU', Type = 'XML Gateway', Subject = 'XML Gateway Provision Request', Description = 'This was automatically created after the opportunity was booked on'+ ' ' + System.today())); } } insert cases; }

Test class:

public class CreateCaseXML { static testMethod void CreateCaseXML(){ //New account to test Account acct = new Account(name='test account'); insert acct; //New Opportunity to test Opportunity o = new Opportunity( accountid=acct.id,type='addon',Name='addon Test', StageName='Booked', XML_SDK__c=1500.00, CloseDate=System.today()); //New Case to test Case c = new Case( RecordTypeId = '0120000000095EH', AccountId = o.AccountId, OwnerId = '00500000006pXqU', Priority = 'P4 - Low', Type = 'XML Gateway', Subject = 'XML Gateway Provision Request', Description = 'This was automatically created after the opportunity was booked on'+ ' ' + System.today()); //Now insert case Test.startTest(); insert c; Test.stopTest(); } }

Thanks, Chris

• February 20, 2009

I'm trying to update the record type of my contacts based on the change of the record type on the account. I figured out how to have it update the contacts on an account record type change - but only to one fixed record record type. I realize it's not best practice to hard code ID's, but I'll tackle that part if i figure this out - and it's even possible...

Here's what I have so far.. 

trigger UpdateContactsOnRecordTypeChange on Account (before update) { Map<Id, Account> acctsWithNewRecordType = new Map<Id, Account>(); for (Integer i = 0; i < Trigger.new.size(); i++) { if ( (Trigger.old[i].RecordTypeId != Trigger.new[i].RecordTypeId)) { acctsWithNewRecordType.put(Trigger.old[i].id, Trigger.new[i]); } } List<Contact> updatedContacts = new List<Contact>(); for (Contact c : [SELECT id, RecordTypeId, accountId FROM Contact WHERE AccountId in :acctsWithNewRecordType.keySet()]) {Account parentAccount = acctsWithNewRecordType.get(c.accountId); c.RecordTypeId = '012000000008QwA'; updatedContacts.add(c); } update updatedContacts; }

I tried replacing the:

c.RecordTypeId = '012000000008QwA';

with: 

if (Trigger.new[i].RecordTypeId != '012000000008Qw1') {c.RecordTypeId = '012000000008QwF'};

to accomplish this:

(Trigger.new[i].RecordTypeId != '012000000008Qw1') then c.RecordTypeId = '012000000008QwF'
(Trigger.new[i].RecordTypeId != '012000000008Qw0') then c.RecordTypeId = '012000000008QwA'
(Trigger.new[i].RecordTypeId != '012000000008Qvv') then c.RecordTypeId = '012000000008Qw5'

But to no avail...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

• February 11, 2009
I'm merging in product line items into a visualforce template and I'd like the products to sort the same way they are in the Opportunity. Does anyone know how to do this? Here is my code..

Thanks, Chris
Code:
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Product Quote" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >       
<html>
        <body>
         <STYLE type="text/css">
               Body {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
               TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
               TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
               TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
               TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
         </STYLE>
             <font face="arial" size="2">
 <p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
         <table border="0" >
                 <tr > 
                     <th>Product Name</th><th>Quantity</th><th>Total Price</th><th>Monthly Fee</th>
                  </tr>
  <apex:repeat var="oli" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}">
       <tr>
           <td>{!oli.PricebookEntry.Product2.Name}</td>
           <td>{!oli.Quantity}</td>
           <td>${!oli.TotalPrice}</td>
           <td>${!oli.Extended_Monthly_Fee__c}</td>
       </tr>
 </apex:repeat> 

</table>
    <p>
<apex:repeat var="opp" value="{!relatedTo}">
<p>
Total Subscription fees: ${!opp.X1St_Yr_ACV_Subscript__c}<br>
Total Services fees: ${!opp.Professional_Services__c}<br>
</p>

<p>
        Please contact me with any questions,
<apex:repeat var="o" value="{!relatedTo.Owner}">
<p>
{!o.Name}<br>
{!o.CompanyName}<br>
{!o.Phone}<br>
<a href="mailto:{!o.Email}">{!o.Email}</a><br>
</p>
       <p />
 </font>
        </body>
    </html>

</messaging:htmlEmailBody>       
</messaging:emailTemplate>

• November 19, 2008
Hi all, I'm trying to update an Account's date field (Last Referenced) whenever a task is saved with a certain record type (012000000008llU).

The systems says it's valid, but doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Code:
trigger UpdateAccountLastRef on Task (after update)
{
for (Task t:System.Trigger.new)

{if (t.RecordTypeId=='012000000008llU') {
   Account acc = new Account(Id=t.AccountId, Last_Referenced__c=System.today());update acc;
     }

}}

Thanks,

Chris

I have a few Opportunity Roll-up Summary fields that calculate off Opportunity Products. We'll call these ACV-New, PS-New and FC-New.

I also have three free form currency fields: ACV, PS, and FC. I want to keep reporting on the old fields, so I am copying the values from all the "-New" fields into the old legacy fields. The problem I'm having is that when you save the Opportunity products, the Roll-up Fields calculate, but it doesn't update the legacy fields with the new, calculated values. If you "Edit" and "Save" the Opportunity record it will then trigger the workflow to copy the values into the new field.

I've got an s-control that I think will work for opening, editing and then saving the opportunity record, and I'd like to trigger this off when a user clicks the "Save" button in the Opportunity Products. I can't find anyway to override the save button though... Any thoughts? Is there anyway I can do this with an Apex trigger? I would like to stray away from having some sort of "Refresh" or "Update" button that the user has to click.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• March 26, 2008
Here's my scenario - I have a picklist field, with a couple of values - "Approved", "Not Approved". I also have a text field that I would like the users to be forced to fill out when the value is "Not Approved".

Basically, I'd like it to see that the field is "Not Approved" and then if the "Reason Not Approved" field is blank, force them to fill it out. I know that a text field is never "Null" or empty, and that means I can't use the "ISNULL" function to force a user to fill out a field when it's blank. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Chris

• March 07, 2008
Is it possible to only mail merge certain opportunity product line items? For instance I only want the mail merge doc to include line items from a single product family.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thanks,

Chris

• December 14, 2007

I am trying to display an aggregate result of various metrics in visualforce pages. The result displays fine in the pages, but I am getting the error "Attempt to de-reference a null object" when I run the tests.

public decimal getCaseSLA (){
        AggregateResult agg2 = [Select AVG(SLA_Response_Time__c) sla from Case
                                WHERE CreatedDate = LAST_N_DAYS:30
                                ];

decimal cs3 = (decimal)agg2.get('sla'); 
    return cs3.setscale(2);
    }

I've tried a few iterations with no luck. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

• November 19, 2012

I want to be able to have a custom object or summarize on the Account object (via VisualForce page to be viewed as a tab), which products have been purchased by each client.
I want the information regarding a certain product's current value and start and end dates for the products to always relate to the latest opportunity that includes that particular product line item.

The end dates will be used to triigger generation of renewal opportunties 90 or 180 days prior to the expiration of the end dates...

Has anyone accomplished this or something similar?

Thanks,

Rachael

I've searched for this on the boards and found some previous posts that describe almost the same exact problem but unfortunately they didn't have replies or solutions to them.

We have a two-step approval process set up on an Opportunity record.  The first step routes to a specific user.  The second step routes to Manager.  The problem happens when the first step approver approves the record the second step routes the approval step to their User Manager when it should go to the User Manager for the Opportunity Record Owner who originally started the approval process. 

Next Automated Approver Determined By is set to Manager.  Use Approver Field of Opportunity Owner is checked.

Is this  a known bug?  Has anyone found a workaround?

Apply here: http://careers2.hiredesk.net/viewjobs/JobDetail.asp?Comp=Intacct&sPERS_ID=&TP_ID=1&JB_ID=&PROJ_ID={812E9C11-D8D0-452E-91C1-72D0E0597C57}&LAN=en-US&BackUrl=ViewJobs/Default.asp

Position OverviewIntacct strives to help small and midsized businesses (SMBs) and CPA firms improve company performance and make finance more productive by providing award winning cloud computing financial management and accounting applications. We are the preferred provider of financial applications for AICPA Business Solutions and focus only on one thing – delivering the most comprehensive Software as a Service financial management system to our more than 30,000 customers across more than 4,000 companies. As a leader in this space with a strong focus on customer satisfaction, we value the individuality, ingenuity and originality each employee contributes. The talent and drive of our employees is a key to our continued success.

Imagine what it would be like to have a successful career at Intacct - working with top talent, motivated to help businesses and CPA firms achieve their business goals. Intacct is the business solution and is the future. If you would like to be a part of our success, please apply for this opportunity.

Job Description:
The Business Analyst will work with the Director of Business Systems to document and manage project requests for operational improvements and strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities• Collect business requirements, identify success criteria, and determine the business value of proposed solutions.
• Define and build reporting to measure key aspects of the business in Sales, Marketing and Finance.
• Measure and document business results achieved through solutions implemented
• Proactively audit Salesforce.com and improve configuration settings and to keep current with the latest capabilities of each release.
• Ensure consistency of processes and data quality across all departments through continuous training efforts
• Document company wide business processes
• Assist with integration of third-party vendors
Requirements• 2-3 years of experience with relevant business systems (CRM, Marketing Automation, Financials, BI/Analytics, Order Management, Billing Systems)
• 2-3 years of Salesforce.com administrator experience
• Experience in Visualforce and Apex
• Salesforce Customer & Partner Portal experience a plus
Job CategoryFinance and Accounting
LocationSan Jose, CA

Hello.

I'm having trouble with a very simple VF page using the standard Contact controller. The code is below:

<apex:page standardController="Contact">
	<apex:form >
		<apex:detail subject="{!contact}" inlineEdit="true"/>
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

When I inline edit a field and click the Save button, the buttons switch to "Saving..." and then the page just sits. It never refreshes. My complete VF page does contain additional code, but even when simplifying it to the simple code above, it still does not work. Inline editing works on the standard Contact page, which leads me to believe that it's not a trigger issue.

The identical code for the Account object, as seen below, works fine, leading me to believe it's not a browser issue (I've tested in Chrome, IE and Firefox):

<apex:page standardController="Account">
	<apex:form >
		<apex:detail subject="{!account}" inlineEdit="true"/>
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

This appears to be bug, unless there's another explanation. Please advise. Thank you.

-Greg

The url ref to the user image on the Chatter connector VF page is broken.  It refers to this url:

https://combopack.cs3.visual.f orce.com/userphoto?u=005300000 00dTejAAE&v=1&s=T

Which is wrong - it should be:
https://cs3.salesforce.com/use rphoto?id=00530000000esEw&v=1&s=T

I'd like to be able to edit this myself, but I can't since the VF Page is part of a managed package? It needs to be fixed though. Or if there is a workaround, I would be happy with that too.  Thanks!

Eva DeLorio

I am using email services to process email-to-case. My code correctly creates the case and updates the case when a reply is received. However, even though I am using the DML options to trigger user email, the case owner does not receive a notification when a reply is received. Cases/emails sent through the email-to-case service notify correctly.

Ideas?

I'm trying to round a number inside an IF statement, and haven't had any luck. I've seen in other threads that you can't use ROUND inside the "value" element..

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks! Chris

<apex:column width="150" > <apex:facet name="header">Visit Length</apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!IF(l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c<60, '{0} seconds', '{0} minutes')}"> <apex:param value="{!IF(l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c<60, l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c, l.Length_of_Stay_in_Seconds__c/60)}"/></apex:outputText> </apex:column>

• November 04, 2009

I'm trying to determine the default tab of a TabPanel based on ProfileID, but I can't figure it out. Here's the code in my page, with the If statement based on Profile.

<apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="{!if($User.ProfileId!='00e00000006ore5', 'name5', 'name2')}"
tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">

Basically for the default selectedTab, if the profile isn't the hardcoded id, I want it to show "name5", otherwise show "name2".

If I hardcode "name5" in, it works. I've also tried using {!$Profile.Name}.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

I'm trying to create a case related to the account of an opportunity that reaches a certain stage, but is not related to the current opportunity.

The trigger works, but it is created two cases instead of one. Any help would be appreciated.. my trigger and class is below.

Trigger:

trigger CreateCaseXML on Opportunity (after update) { List<Case> cases = new List<Case>(); for (Opportunity newOpp: Trigger.new) { if (newOpp.StageName == 'Booked' && newOpp.XML_SDK__c >1 && newOpp.CloseDate==System.today()) {cases.add(new Case(RecordTypeId = '0120000000095EH', AccountId = newOpp.AccountId, Priority = 'P4 - Low', OwnerId = '00500000006pXqU', Type = 'XML Gateway', Subject = 'XML Gateway Provision Request', Description = 'This was automatically created after the opportunity was booked on'+ ' ' + System.today())); } } insert cases; }

Test class:

public class CreateCaseXML { static testMethod void CreateCaseXML(){ //New account to test Account acct = new Account(name='test account'); insert acct; //New Opportunity to test Opportunity o = new Opportunity( accountid=acct.id,type='addon',Name='addon Test', StageName='Booked', XML_SDK__c=1500.00, CloseDate=System.today()); //New Case to test Case c = new Case( RecordTypeId = '0120000000095EH', AccountId = o.AccountId, OwnerId = '00500000006pXqU', Priority = 'P4 - Low', Type = 'XML Gateway', Subject = 'XML Gateway Provision Request', Description = 'This was automatically created after the opportunity was booked on'+ ' ' + System.today()); //Now insert case Test.startTest(); insert c; Test.stopTest(); } }

Thanks, Chris

• February 20, 2009

Hi there,

We are a consulting company based in the bay area, specialized in providing SFDC configuration/development solutions.

We have provided SFDC Administration and Custom Programming with S-Controls, Adobe Flex, Apex and Visual Force for various major clients in USA/Canada.

We can undertake the following tasks.

1. New Visual Force Pages/Apex  Development.
 2. Fix/Enhance Existing Visual Force Pages.
 3. Enhance existing SControls/Fix Bugs in it.
 4. Create New Triggers/Fix Bugs in Trigger/Deploy them into Production.
 5. Customize SFDC for your requirements.
        a. Create New Custom Objects/Page Layouts/Custom Reports
        b. Portal Management.
        c. Workflow Rules/Approval Processes.
        d. Web2Lead Management.
        e. eMail2Case Management.
        f. Assignment Rules
        g. Any other Customization Tasks.
 6. Data Management.
        a. Fix Existing Data for New requirements.
        b. Provide Mass Update Solutions.
        c. Any other data related tasks.
 7. Scheduling Jobs.
        a. Cron Jobs.
        b. DotNet based Scheduling Tasks.
        c. Any apex code which cannot be implemented by normal means because of governor limits.
 8. Adobe Flex/AIR based applications support(Charts & UI).
 9. Excel VBA based application support.

We received good appreciations from our clients for our quality work delivered on time and for after delivery support.Our clients are impressed about our competitive rates.

Please visit the links below for customer references in our previous postings.

Reference 1

Reference 2

We can provide more references. Please email us to discuss further.

Thanks

Message Edited by CodeWizard on 02-15-2009 02:50 PM
Message Edited by CodeWizard on 11-09-2009 11:19 AM
Hi all, I'm trying to update an Account's date field (Last Referenced) whenever a task is saved with a certain record type (012000000008llU).

The systems says it's valid, but doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Code:
trigger UpdateAccountLastRef on Task (after update)
{
for (Task t:System.Trigger.new)

{if (t.RecordTypeId=='012000000008llU') {
   Account acc = new Account(Id=t.AccountId, Last_Referenced__c=System.today());update acc;
     }

}}

Thanks,

Chris

Here's my scenario - I have a picklist field, with a couple of values - "Approved", "Not Approved". I also have a text field that I would like the users to be forced to fill out when the value is "Not Approved".

Basically, I'd like it to see that the field is "Not Approved" and then if the "Reason Not Approved" field is blank, force them to fill it out. I know that a text field is never "Null" or empty, and that means I can't use the "ISNULL" function to force a user to fill out a field when it's blank. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Chris

• March 07, 2008
Is it possible to only mail merge certain opportunity product line items? For instance I only want the mail merge doc to include line items from a single product family.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thanks,

Chris

• December 14, 2007
First the customary disclaimer!  - I'm not a programmer, but know enough to get myself in trouble..."

I have a need to create the equivalent of "Assignment Rules" for a custom object.  I know that the out of the box Assignment rule functionality only works for Leads and Cases, but was wondering if someone can help me get the same functionality with Workflow rules and field updates.

Any direction you can point me in would be much appreciated.

Thanks!