• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
The code sample below (from http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_create.htm ) works, but if I add the line "account.AnnualRevenue = 11000.00;" and view the newly created account in SalesForce, the name and website appear but the AnnualRevenue, which is a double does not. In testing any string parameter I added to account (like phone) appeared on the Account tab while non strings (like number of employees which is an ) did not.  
private void createAccount()
{
   //Create an account object to send to the service
   Account account = new Account();

//Set several properties
   account.Name = "Koka Kola";
   account.Website = "www.kokakola.com";

// Add the account to an array of SObjects
   sObject[] records = new sObject[] {account};

// Invoke the create call, passing in the account properties
   // and saving the results in a SaveResult object
   SaveResult[] saveResults = binding.create(records);

// Access the new ID
   String newID = saveResults[0].id;
}
  • September 11, 2007
After running the msi for C# console app sample (basicSample_cs http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/images/2/2e/BasicSample_cs.zip ) and compiling the solution, I got errors for a missing app.config which I stopped by copying the config for the compiled version and renaming it and also got the two errors below. How can I correct them? Or, is there a different/better way to

Errors:
1. Error 1 Source file 'C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\AppExchange Developer Network\samples\Apex Developer Network\CSharp .Net\basicSample_cs_Ent 10.0\Web References\apexMetadata\Reference.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ') basicSample_cs
2. Error 2 Source file 'C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\AppExchange Developer Network\samples\Apex Developer Network\CSharp .Net\basicSample_cs_Ent 10.0\Properties\Settings.Designer.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ') basicSample_cs
Thank you.
  • August 27, 2007
I did not see a sample for this in the QuickStart or C# sample. How do I do this?

I've created a Tab and Custom Object (10 columns of text or numbers) in SalesForce and want to once per day take the results of a MS SQL 2000 query and put them in the Custom Object using C# (2.0). All rows would be replaced, there would not be an update. I have the WSDL with the custom object data.

If there is a sample that shows this, I am sorry that I did not see it and would someone give me a location and name. If there  is not would someone please provide some direction such as the proper API calls to use.

Thank you.
  • August 23, 2007