• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to set a default reply-to address from a workflow generated email action?

From this posting it seems that Salesforce uses the last user who logged in?

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=apex&message.id=12626

That seems silly.

Is there some hidden setting I'm missing for the default workflow user?

Thanks

• May 20, 2009

Does anyone have a best-practices recommendation for adding a case email as a case comment?

It seems odd to me that when you activate email to case the messages are stored as emails and not case comments.  My first instinct is to make an s-control to merge these two into one display but it seems that I'm missing something simple.  I can't be the first person to encounter this.  How are other people handling this?

• May 18, 2009

I have a trigger on the Contract object.  The contract object has a validation rule that only allows certain profiles to add a record.  My unit test fails for the trigger even though Im running the test under an administrative account.

Is there a way to add the unit test profile to the validation rule?

This doesn't seem right. 

What seems better is to somehow simulate a mock profile that would have permission to pass the test.

Could someone please offer some guidance on the best practice?

Thanks

• February 19, 2009
I have a service that runs nightly and adds line items to opportunities that have been 'closed.'
This is because they are consulting opportunuities and the revenue is only recognized after the work is completed.
When I look at the opportunity it appears that the amount is correct, but the revenue only shows up in forecast reports when I open and then close the opportunity. 
Does the forecast reporting cache data?  Why do the updates not register on closed opportunities?
I think a workaround might be to open and close the opportunity every time I add a product line item to the opportunity but this seems wrong.  Has anybody else encountered this and found a better solution?
Thanks

• January 19, 2009
I have professional services line items that I add through the SOAP API and through the data loader and these external tools allow me to add values such as ".385" days.  When I try to add the same value through the SF GUI it truncates the value to ".38".
This is frustrating since the database obviously allows long decimals.
Has anyone found a way to allow the user to add quantity values with more than 2 decimals for opportunity line items, or any other numeric field with this limitation?  I'm wary of creating my own quantity field as this is will inevitably foul up some other reports we've already written.
Does anyone have a workaround?  I have already tried creating a trigger that updates the quantity based on a custom field, but the field is always truncated.
I hope there's an easier solution than creating a custom field and sending an outbound message to update the field with  a web service, but I don't see any other way to solve this.
Thanks

Message Edited by prb on 11-25-2008 07:04 AM
  • November 25, 2008
I have an email template that notifies certain people via workflow when an opportunity reaches a certain stage.
This was working fine until last month when the template stopped binding the data to the message.
Can someone please have a look at this template and let me know if anything's wrong?
Maybe the API changed in some way with one of the upgrades and I missed the notice?

Code:
<messaging:emailTemplate subject="ProServ Deal Signed" recipientType="User" relatedToType="Opportunity">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >   
 <html>
        <body>        
         <STYLE type="text/css">
               TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
               TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
               TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
               TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
         </STYLE>
<font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Owner:  {!relatedTo.Owner.Name} </p>
<p>
Account ({!relatedTo.Account}): <br/>
{!relatedTo.Account.Name}<br/>
{!relatedTo.Account.BillingCity}<br/>
{!relatedTo.Account.BillingState}<br/>
{!relatedTo.Account.BillingCountry}<br/>
</p>

<hr width="50%" align="left" />
<p>
ProServ Total:  {!relatedTo.ProServ_Total__c} <br/>
ProServ Currency:  {!relatedTo.CurrencyIsoCode} <br/><br/>
The statement of work is: <br/>
{!relatedTo.ProServ_Project_Name__c} <br/>
{!relatedTo.Description}<br/>
</p>

<hr width="50%" align="left" />
<br/>
<table border="0">
    <tr> 
      <th>Quantity</th><th>Currency</th><th>Amount</th><th>Product Name</th>    
    </tr>
    <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}">
       <tr>
           <td>{!cx.Quantity}</td>
           <td>{!cx.CurrencyIsoCode}</td>
           <td>{!cx.ProServ_Daily_Rate__c} </td>
           <td>{!cx.PricebookEntry.Name}</td>
       </tr>
    </apex:repeat>   
</table>        
</p>

</font>
</body>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody> 
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Message Edited by prb on 11-11-2008 12:23 PM
  • November 11, 2008
If I create an HTML field (not using the apex page tag library "apex:inputTextarea"):

<textarea id="_editorContent" name="editorContent" dojoType="dijit.Editor" >
              {!content.body__c}
</textarea>

why would this not work:

ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('editorContent');

I get a blank value.
Is this call only for URL values?
What is the correct call for a form field?

Thanks

• August 28, 2008
Is there any way to use the API to update the endpoint URL of an outbound message?
I'd like to implement a script that would update my sandbox instance to point our workflow to our development environment.
Not sure this is possible...

• August 14, 2008
I was happily developing using the eclipse IDE plugin for Visualforce over the past week.  I logged in today and I started getting these errors:
NoClassDefFoundError: javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart java.mail.internet.MimeMultipart

I have no idea what has changed.  When I try to create a project, save a class etc.  I get the above error.  Basically any interaction with the Salesforce server.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling eclipse several times to no avail.

What makes this stranger is that I was able to install everything on another PC and it works fine so some classpath setting has to be screwed up somewhere on my development machine.  Has anyone encountered this?  At the very least, could someone suggest how to uninstall the salesforce eclipse plugin completely?  I have an extracted version of eclipse 3.3 running off my c drive.  I have deleted this as well as the .metadata folder in my workspace directory.

Where else to visualforce configuration files reside?  It seems that my IDE keeps trying to import a corrupt classpath but I can't find where this is set.  I even tried copying the J2EE mail jar into my JRE and I still get the same stupid classpath error.

Frustrating....

• August 13, 2008
Apologies if this is an RTFM-type question, but is there a way to send outbound SOAP messages when a record is deleted?
The 'created or updated' workflow rule doesn't seem to fire anything if the record is deleted.
I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

• May 16, 2008
Can someone please recommend a best practice for migrating cases and case comments while preserving the 'created date'.  I don't all my old legacy data to look like it was created all in one day.  I tried to use the API and the Salesfroce Data Loader and neither permit me to update this field? 
Is there a workaround or something obvious I'm missing.  I feel like someone must have solved this problem before but I can't find it in the forum search.

• February 07, 2008
I have a workflow rule that updates the owner of a case to a queue when certain conditions are met.
The update works but no emails ever go out even though I have the checkbox 'Send Email to Members' checked.  What am I missing here?  The case is created from the API.  Do the case emails only go out if the case is created form within the salesforce GUI?  If so, then queues seem pretty worthless because you can't use them in workflow actions. 
I feel like I'm overlooking something very obvious.  Like some hidden checkbox somewhere that is silencing the emails.

:smileytongue:

• January 11, 2008
I'm sure someone ahs done this but I can't find any documentation on this in the SF docs or the forum.
How does one search for a solution using the API and then filter the results by category?
The only way I can see to do it would be to walk through the tree of categories and assemble a list of nodeIds and then strip out any solutions that are not in this set.
There must be a better way to do this with a SOSL cmmand?  Has anyone done this?
Some SOSL or SOQL would help the most.

• October 15, 2007
Is there a way to get rid of the buttons on the bottom of a splash page so the user can NOT hide the page forever.
I thought splash pages would be a great way to expose custom objects in the customer portal but this limitation has me scratching my head.
I can't hide them with javascript b/c I get cross-domain scripting errors. This is because the buttons are in the parent frame and I can't control the parent from outside the domain. I'm using the custom links part of the home page to create the splash pages.
  • September 28, 2007
I'm struggling a bit to write a simple join query using the 'relationship query' syntax of SOQL.
Could someone please post any ideas about how to obtain the following info in a single SOQL command.
Here is the pseudo code:
Get all contacts for accounts that have assets with product='X'
I know I can iterate through all assets and grab each account one at a time but I thought there must be a better way.

I've tried the following which throws SOQL syntax errors:

Select a.Id, a.AccountNumber, a.Name, (SELECT id,lastname,firstname,email FROM Contacts), (SELECT status, Product2Id from Assets ) from Account a where a.Assets.Product2Id = '01t40000000bgY7AAI'

• September 21, 2007

Does anyone have a best-practices recommendation for adding a case email as a case comment?

It seems odd to me that when you activate email to case the messages are stored as emails and not case comments.  My first instinct is to make an s-control to merge these two into one display but it seems that I'm missing something simple.  I can't be the first person to encounter this.  How are other people handling this?

• May 18, 2009

I have a trigger on the Contract object.  The contract object has a validation rule that only allows certain profiles to add a record.  My unit test fails for the trigger even though Im running the test under an administrative account.

Is there a way to add the unit test profile to the validation rule?

This doesn't seem right. 

What seems better is to somehow simulate a mock profile that would have permission to pass the test.

Could someone please offer some guidance on the best practice?

Thanks

• February 19, 2009
I have professional services line items that I add through the SOAP API and through the data loader and these external tools allow me to add values such as ".385" days.  When I try to add the same value through the SF GUI it truncates the value to ".38".
This is frustrating since the database obviously allows long decimals.
Has anyone found a way to allow the user to add quantity values with more than 2 decimals for opportunity line items, or any other numeric field with this limitation?  I'm wary of creating my own quantity field as this is will inevitably foul up some other reports we've already written.
Does anyone have a workaround?  I have already tried creating a trigger that updates the quantity based on a custom field, but the field is always truncated.
I hope there's an easier solution than creating a custom field and sending an outbound message to update the field with  a web service, but I don't see any other way to solve this.
Thanks

Message Edited by prb on 11-25-2008 07:04 AM
  • November 25, 2008
I received the above error message when using the Amount merge field from the Opportunity on a VF page.  Any ideas or work arounds?
  • September 23, 2008
If I create an HTML field (not using the apex page tag library "apex:inputTextarea"):

<textarea id="_editorContent" name="editorContent" dojoType="dijit.Editor" >
              {!content.body__c}
</textarea>

why would this not work:

ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('editorContent');

I get a blank value.
Is this call only for URL values?
What is the correct call for a form field?

Thanks

• August 28, 2008
Is there any way to use the API to update the endpoint URL of an outbound message?
I'd like to implement a script that would update my sandbox instance to point our workflow to our development environment.
Not sure this is possible...

• August 14, 2008
I was happily developing using the eclipse IDE plugin for Visualforce over the past week.  I logged in today and I started getting these errors:
NoClassDefFoundError: javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart java.mail.internet.MimeMultipart

I have no idea what has changed.  When I try to create a project, save a class etc.  I get the above error.  Basically any interaction with the Salesforce server.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling eclipse several times to no avail.

What makes this stranger is that I was able to install everything on another PC and it works fine so some classpath setting has to be screwed up somewhere on my development machine.  Has anyone encountered this?  At the very least, could someone suggest how to uninstall the salesforce eclipse plugin completely?  I have an extracted version of eclipse 3.3 running off my c drive.  I have deleted this as well as the .metadata folder in my workspace directory.

Where else to visualforce configuration files reside?  It seems that my IDE keeps trying to import a corrupt classpath but I can't find where this is set.  I even tried copying the J2EE mail jar into my JRE and I still get the same stupid classpath error.

Frustrating....

• August 13, 2008
I need urgent help. I'm trying to set a new value to SuperUser field of Self-Service User via Salesforce Web-service API but got the exception "Unable to create/update fields: SuperUser. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.". From what I could find this field seems to be unchangable at ll. Is it true? Does anybody know any ways to update SuperUser field?

Here is my code:

usr.ContactId = null;

usr.Name = null;

usr.IsActiveSpecified = true;

usr.IsActive = true;

usr.SuperUserSpecified = true;

usr.SuperUser = true;

usr.TimeZoneSidKey = timeZone;

SaveResult[] result = sp.update(new sObject[] { usr });

Thanks in advance

After the Summer'08 Release, our Support team contacted me and notified me that they were no longer getting an eMail notification when a case was added to the Tech Support Queue.

Here are some quirks about our implementation:

While we have multiple queues for different functional areas (tier 1 support, tier 2 support, engineering, etc.), we don't have the "Send Email to Members" check box enabled for these queues.  Instead, we use workflow rules to notify individuals when a new record has been added to a queue.

REASON:  When you use the "Send Email to Members" feature, every member of the queue gets an email when a case is added, when a comment is added to a case in the queue, when an attachement is added to a case in the queue, etc.  This was creating far to much spam to my users.  They just want an eMail when a case is added to the queue.  Fair enough, easy to disable and implement mail notification via workflow

Something changed in Summer'08, however, because since Saturday, we haven't been getting notified when something is added to the queue.  This is the Workflow Rule:

Evaluation Criteria: Every time a record is created or edited
Rule Criteria: (Case:Case Owner) equals "Tech Support Queue"

The idea is that whenever a case is reassigned back to the queue (Case Owner changed to "Queue: Tech Support Queue"), this would trigger the workflow rule, when then sends an eMail template.  For the past 18 months, that's been working great. 

Since Saturday, although we have assigned dozens of records to the queue, they aren't being evaluated by the workflow rule.  With some testing, we found that the workflow rule is being triggered when the record is updated, but rule criteria isn't being evaluated properly.  For instance, if I change the rule criteria to be (Case: Case Owner) equals "<my user name>", the workflow rule works when I am assigning a case back into the TSE queue.  So the trigger occurs because the record is being updated, but the evaluation is against the pre-update value of the Case Owner field.
I was wondering how I can use a custom controller with a class variable, totalAmount, defined as a Double data type and have it displayed as a Currency field in a Visualforce Page? I know if I use a standard controller and use component that Visualforce will automatically render it as a currency field. But how do I accomplish that with a custom controller and a class field defined as a "Double" data type?

To elaborate, the scenario is to display the total amount of multiple line items. The visualforce page allows users to enter multiple lines items with varying amounts and at the bottom there is the "Total" amount. The VF/Apex code is properly aggregate the amount, but it is stored as a Double data type field in the Apex Code controller class - and therefore displayed in the page as a double.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Drew1815 on 04-14-2008 11:33 AM
Has anyone else experienced a situation where your Outbound Message queue is backing up and messages are not being attempted to be sent?

Our workflow rules are triggering the right outbound messages - and when they get sent they process fine - but we're seeing them sit in queue for hours (up to 24 ). It also happens to some outbound messages that get attempted, but fail the first time (i.e. we have messages sitting in queue that say "next delivery attempt" and list a time way in the past).

I've tried support but they have not been able to find a cause.

Today our queue was working fine in the AM, but after noon it stopped attempting all messages after it got this error (which looks like a server side issue to my ignorant eyes):  " Request timed out waiting for connection to ConnPool_2, Num waiting=10, Num Active RIs=45"

Are there any limits I might be overlooking? We have over 120 users on unlimited accounts.

Any anecdote or insight is appreciated! Especially considerting our new website we just launched relies on this integration.

Thanks,
AJD
Hi All:

Do you know of any reason why an Outbound Message would NOT send.  I have a message that is sitting in the queue with 0 attempts.  Each time I hit 'Retry' it still says 0.

Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
jd
  • August 09, 2007
We are working in SalesForce Team Additon and are finding the Lookup Field lookup function to be frustrating. There are no filters available and with thousands of contacts, it is impractical.

My quest is to find s-control code that will allow us to establish a predefined filter based on the current account to provide a list of contacts from which the user can select.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Jim
Hi,

I am looking for some help with the following:

I get the following error when attempt to send outbound message to my test server: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

- I have a real certificate installed on the server.
- I am also able to view the listener description when I point browser on my dev workstation to the test server (same URL as the endpoint specified in my O/B message).
- In the IIS log, I can see all the hits from my dev workstation, but no hits from either of SFDC IPaddresses (204.14....)

Appreciate any info that will help me understand and debug this, or at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Hi:

I was trying to use the regular saleforce Lookup (the one with a magnify glass) in my S-control. it is invoked by a java script call to openLookup('/widg/lookup_fs.jsp?*****').

Can some one explain how to use this method?
and how does the search result gets back to my form?

thanks,