• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone ever loaded data, using the dataloader, from a table with 40 million rows?  I run out of memory each time.  I have

<entry key="dataAccess.readBatchSize" value="200"/>

defined but I'm guessing it's not using that to actually read in 200 rows from the table and then add it to the batch.  Also, we are trying to use the bulk API for this.  Any help or ideas please??

Can someone help me on this?  We need to have multiple 'owners' of a record for reporting so we added 4 additional fields but we want to make sure if that person is already entered into one of the fields they can't be entered again.  This works except that the fields are blank...which my formula assumes they're equal.  Here's my formula:

OR( OwnerId == Owner_2__c, OwnerId == Owner_3__c, OwnerId == Owner_4__c, OwnerId == Owner_5__c, Owner_2__c==Owner_3__c, Owner_2__c==Owner_4__c, Owner_2__c==Owner_5__c, Owner_3__c==Owner_4__c, Owner_3__c==Owner_5__c, Owner_4__c==Owner_5__c )

Is there a way to hide the header other than in a visual force page?  Meaning, if I don't want to override the page using VF just hide the header, is there a way to do it?  Help!

I can't do direct assignment in my query because it returns more than 1000 rows, but I can't figure out how to query in a for loop.  Normally it would look something like this

for (List<Account> accts : [SELECT id, name FROM account WHERE name LIKE 'Acme']) { // Your code here update accts; }

That's static sql...how would I pass a string that's being built based on filters selected in a VF page?  We have a products page and they can select multiple filters & values and then query products.  I can't figure out how to pass the string of SOQL that I built to a for loop(like above).  Help!!!

Has anyone created a lookup field for mobile?  I created it and mobilized the tab but it comes down 'garbled' on the blackberry.  If I go to the standard objects, like contact, it gives me the option from the blackberry menu to 'show list' but it doesn't have the same function if it's a lookup field on a custom VF page.  Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

Shaw Industries Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., is the world’s largest carpet manufacturer and a leading floor covering provider with nearly $5 billion in annual sales and approximately 29,000 associates. Headquartered in Dalton, Ga., the company manufactures and distributes carpeting, rugs, hardwood, laminate and ceramic tile for residential and commercial applications worldwide. A recognized leader in environmental stewardship, Shaw has implemented hundreds of sustainability initiatives and cradle to cradle design solutions, collectively termed the Shaw Green Edge. Currently we have an opportunity available for a Java Sr. Programmer Analyst in Dalton, GA

POSITION OBJECTIVE: To develop, test, and maintain business applications to meet business user requirements, primarily in the area of Sales and Marketing Systems.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES:-- Confers with analyst staff to understand and document business requirements, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business applications. -- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents assigned programs and enhancements. -- Plans and prepares technical reports and instructional manuals as documentation of program development. -- Prepares documentation as required by Turnover Control to implement new or enhanced systems into a production environment. -- Solves routine programming problems and determines appropriate solutions. -- Assists programming staff in the resolution of work problems. -- Prepares and maintains detailed project schedule report throughout the software development life cycle.

REQUIRED SKILLS:-- Excellent work habits, including ability to work well with others. -- Competency and enterprise experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Apex, Java, C++, C#. -- Strong knowledge of one or more of the following database environments: SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, Lotus Notes, SSIS. -- At least five years experience in a medium- to large-scale Information Services environment. -- Four-year college degree. -- Ability to manage competing demands in a stressful environment.

PREFERRED SKILLS:-- Working knowledge of any of the following programming languages/platforms: Visualforce, JavaScript, HTML, XML, SQL, CSS, C, .NET, Lotus Notes, COBOL, JCL, WebSphere, Perl. -- Experience with CRM or Sales Force Automation systems. -- Experience with Salesforce.com application development.

Our competitive compensation structure and benefits package reflects our status as a multi-billion dollar industry leading company.

Please visit our website at www.shawfloors.jobs to submit your resume.

Please reference Job Req 127645-552

AA/EEO Employer, M/F/D/V

Is it possible to edit a record (through an integration) after a record has been locked in the approval process?  I know I can unlock the record and edit it but it seems like an integration should be able to edit the record even though it's approved.  The use case is we have a business plan where someone fills out their goals for the year and as the year progresses we update their invoice amounts vs their goals, but it appears we can't use the approval process if it's truely locked.

Currently, my company has one org of salesforce.com but we are adding another one.  Can I use the same code base generated from the first org or do I need to regenerate from the second org?  I didn't know if I could use the same code base but only with a different login.

Is there a way to notify the user (or group of users) when they have been granted sharing to a custom object record?  The use case is, we have a custom object and the person that has just been granted sharing doesn't know anything about it.  So we would like to notify them via email.  It doesn't look like you can do a trigger on the sharing table but I thought someone else might know of a way to do it.

Can you only show a column header if the rows have data in them?  In the code below we don't want to display FOB if they can't view that column.

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!priceListCanada}" var="p"> <apex:column > <apex:facet name="header"> <apex:outputText value="FOB" /> </apex:facet> <apex:outputText value="{!p.FOB__c}"/> </apex:column>

We have a VF page that we use the apex:detail tag on that works great, but we'd like to have the sections collapsed by default when the page is opened.  Is there a way to do this?
I have a form that displays two price lists but unless I use two forms (like below), they won't show up.

<apex:page standardController="OpportunityLineItem" extensions="addQuoteLineItem">
<apex:form id="mainForm">
<apex:outputPanel id="quoteInfo">
<apex:pageBlock title="Quote Line">
<apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!saveAndNew}" value="Save & New"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:messages />
<apex:pageBlockSection id="priceData" columns="4">
<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputText value="Price: "/><apex:inputField id="unitPriceField" value="{!OpportunityLineItem.UnitPrice}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
<apex:outputText value="Quantity: "/><apex:inputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.Quantity}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:form>
<apex:form >
<apex:selectList value="{!viewProductField}" id="productFields" size="1">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!products}"/>
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!refreshPricing}" reRender="priceList,priceListCanada"/>
</apex:selectList>

<apex:outputPanel id="priceList">
<apex:pageBlock title="Pricing" rendered="{!usRendered}">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!pricingResult}" var="p">
<apex:column >
<apex:facet name="header">
<apex:outputText value="FOB"/>
</apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{!p.FOB__c}"/>
</apex:column>
</apex:pageBlockTable>
<apex:outputPanel id="priceListCanada">
<apex:pageBlock title="Canadian Pricing" rendered="{!canadaRendered}">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!pricingCanadaResult}" var="p">
</apex:page>

If I use this, it doesn't work.  What's the deal?  We'd like to have the select list at the top of the page but it appears we can't.  Notice I changed where the select list is and removed one form.

<apex:page standardController="OpportunityLineItem" extensions="addQuoteLineItem">
<apex:form id="mainForm">
<apex:selectList value="{!viewProductField}" id="productFields" size="1">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!products}"/>
<apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!refreshPricing}" reRender="priceList,priceListCanada"/>
<apex:outputPanel id="quoteInfo">
<apex:pageBlock title="Quote Line">
<apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
<apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!saveAndNew}" value="Save & New"/>
</apex:pageBlockButtons>
<apex:messages />
<apex:pageBlockSection id="priceData" columns="4">
<apex:outputText value="Price: "/><apex:inputField id="unitPriceField" value="{!OpportunityLineItem.UnitPrice}"/>
<apex:outputText value="Quantity: "/><apex:inputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.Quantity}"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
<apex:outputPanel id="priceList">
<apex:pageBlock title="Pricing" rendered="{!usRendered}">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!pricingResult}" var="p">
<apex:outputPanel id="priceListCanada">
<apex:pageBlock title="Canadian Pricing" rendered="{!canadaRendered}">
<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!pricingCanadaResult}" var="p">
</apex:page>

I'm trying to figure out what parameters I have available in VF.  We want reps to be able to create an opportunity from Contact, Account, or Project(custom object).  So we created a VF page that needs to handle all the situations.  So how do I check where I came from?  For example, if they came from an Account we don't want to ask them what account they want to use for the Opportunity.  Same way with coming from a Project or Contact.  Any ideas?  I'm new to visual force.

Who does the approval process execute as?  The person from the previous step? 
Our process looks like this:
Rep submits opportunity
-> goes to level one who should see product, quoted price, and break even price (but they don't see break even)
after level one approves
-> goes to level 2 who should see product, quoted price, break even price, and cost(but they don't see cost and do see break even)

I think I'm answering my own question here but this doesn't seem right and I just wanted to see if anyone else thinks this is a flaw????
Hi, I have created a custom object off the Contract called Contract_Products__c.  I then created an s-control that overrides the new button on the Contract Products.  The problem is my merge fields don't show up.  If I do something like {!Contract.Id} in my s-control I get nothing.  Same way for {!Contract.Name}.  I have this same logic in another standard to custom object we have, and it works fine.

Any ideas??? 
Does anyone know if this can be done in Visual Force? I'm trying to display the filter below so user's can click on the letter and it returns the shortened list.  Any examples?

I'm trying to setup a new workflow that fires when the owner of a request is changed.  No problem there, but is there a way to send the email to the person the request changed to?  For example, if I'm the owner and it gets re-assigned to Joe can I have something that emails him?
Does someone have an example of the proper way to query for accounts that a user can see using SOQL?  I have an s-control that I need to return all the accounts a user can see through AccountShare but I can't find an example.  Thanks!
I'm trying to format a number(revenue) being returned from my SOQL query in the datatipfunction.  I have multiple lineseries in my linechart and this is the function I'm trying to use but it only formats the number for one of the lineseries, no matter which line series my mouse is over it only shows the amount from the bottom line.  How can I get the correct value to format? 

public function myDataTipFunction(e:HitData):String
{
    var cf:CurrencyFormatter = new CurrencyFormatter();
    cf.rounding="none";
    cf.decimalSeparatorTo=".";
    cf.thousandsSeparatorTo=",";
    cf.useThousandsSeparator="true";
    cf.currencySymbol="$";
    cf.alignSymbol="left";
    cf.precision="0";
    var s:String;
    s = "<B>" + e.item.Week + "</B>\n";
    s += "<I>Amount:</I> <FONT COLOR='#339966'>";
    s += cf.format(e.item.Amount) + "</FONT>\n";       
    return s;
}
Does anyone know why this query works as an admin but not as a user?  He has access and API enabled.

Select a.Id, a.Name, a.Owner.LastName, a.Owner.FirstName From Attachment a where a.ParentId='a0I500000016QTG' and a.Owner.Id in(
'00550000000mVMfAAM','00550000000mVMiAAM','00550000000mVMlAAM') order by a.Owner.LastName

Has anyone ever loaded data, using the dataloader, from a table with 40 million rows?  I run out of memory each time.  I have

<entry key="dataAccess.readBatchSize" value="200"/>

defined but I'm guessing it's not using that to actually read in 200 rows from the table and then add it to the batch.  Also, we are trying to use the bulk API for this.  Any help or ideas please??

I saw in the Spring '10 re-certification videos that the Force IDE for Spring '10 would be ready by Feb 10 with support for Eclipse 3.5 (and the install would be both Eclipse 3.5 AND the IDE), but it's a month later and it's still not out there.  Anyone have an update on when to expect this?

I think this is a common problem, but I'm unable to get the 'right' answer for it throughout forums and elsewhere. I have a datatable and want to display the error message for a required selectlist next to the field in the table if its not entered:

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!MyElements}" var="element" id="myTable">

<apex:facet name="header">Request To</apex:facet>

<apex:outputfield value="{!element.element.Function__c}" id="function"/>

<apex:facet name="header">Requested By</apex:facet>

<apex:outputfield value="{!element.element.CreatedBy.Name}" id="createdby"/>

<apex:facet name="header">Request Date</apex:facet>

<apex:outputfield value="{!element.element.CreatedDate}" id="createddate"/>

<apex:facet name="header">Action</apex:facet>

<apex:selectList value="{!element.approvalOption}" size="1" id="action" required="true">

<apex:selectoptions value="{!ApprovalOptions}"/>

<apex:facet name="header">Transfer To</apex:facet>

<apex:selectList value="{!element.transferTo}" size="1" id="transferTo" required="true" rendered="{!element.showTransferOptions}">

<apex:selectoptions value="{!transferOptions}"/>

<apex:message id="transferToMessage" for="transferTo"/>

<!-- or <apex:pageMessage id="transferRequired" severity="2"/>-->

Can someone guide how to get a reference to the message or page message if the select option is not selected? Right now, I have it as required, so I get the error in the page messages on the top of the page as but with the dom reference to the missing fields :

mypage:myForm:myBlock:myTable:4:transferTo: Validation Error: Value is required  

mypage:myForm:myBlock:myTable:5:transferTo: Validation Error: Value is required 

Thanks,

-Manu 

• December 07, 2009
Is there a way to hide the header other than in a visual force page?  Meaning, if I don't want to override the page using VF just hide the header, is there a way to do it?  Help!

Hi all:

I'm having a problem seeing errors that are arising in my VF pages.

I am using templating, so I have a template, an apex:composition tag, and an apex:define. In my particular case, the header areas of my template come out fine, but one particular apex:define worth of content is never rendered.

I'm sure I know why. Some of the code executed to generate that content is throwing exceptions. In fact I know just what the error is -- some of the getters in the VF code are accessing properties that were never queried for in SOQL -- so I might have {Loan__c.Address} in my VF, but until I add that to my query, the page content just disappears, presumably due to this error.

My problem is, I figured this out by trial and error. I don't know how to see the exception. What I don't understand is why it doesn't appear in the debug log. But in the debug log, execution appears to silently stop when the offending code is hit.

I know how, in a controller, to catch an exception and display it in the page. But this error is happening on a "hard-wired" code path -- I wouldn't even know where to put a try/catch. What I want is for the VF page to show me the error, the way it does in a VF page that I access via a Salesforce URL, that uses a regular SFDC look and feel.

The latter may provide clues -- I am using an entirely custom look, with no pageBlock-style components, and I am accessing the page via Force.com Sites. But even when I access it as /apex/<pageName>, I get the same thing -- blank content area with no clue as to error.

I'm sure I'm missing something very simple. Any ideas?

• October 10, 2009

The string.format() method listed in the Apex Documentation does not work.

This (and every other combinations I tried) generate a compile error 'method does not exist or wrong signature' !

<code> 

double subTotal = 1000.0;

strind s = string.format('{0,number,currency}', subTotal);

</code> 

Is there a way to do such a basic formating using APEX ?!?

Thanks,

I can't do direct assignment in my query because it returns more than 1000 rows, but I can't figure out how to query in a for loop.  Normally it would look something like this

for (List<Account> accts : [SELECT id, name FROM account WHERE name LIKE 'Acme']) { // Your code here update accts; }

That's static sql...how would I pass a string that's being built based on filters selected in a VF page?  We have a products page and they can select multiple filters & values and then query products.  I can't figure out how to pass the string of SOQL that I built to a for loop(like above).  Help!!!

Hi,

I want to send the email from salesforce.com to the Email field in contact's object using Force.com email services, Is it possible to do this?

I'm able to send emails to users within salesforce.com, i want to send mails to contacts mail in Contacts Object.

Any one please help me how to solve this.

Thanks...

• October 09, 2009
Has anyone created a lookup field for mobile?  I created it and mobilized the tab but it comes down 'garbled' on the blackberry.  If I go to the standard objects, like contact, it gives me the option from the blackberry menu to 'show list' but it doesn't have the same function if it's a lookup field on a custom VF page.  Anyone have any ideas how to make this work?

Hi,

In the home page of opportunity, on click of the standard new button, I have to decide whether the current user could create a new record or not, based on his profile id.

If he could not create a new opportunity, then I have to display an alert box, saying "You don't have permission to create a new opportunity".

For this, I am overridding the new button with a visualforce page, which will check the profile id and perform accordingly.

So here, on click of the new button, the url is redirected to the visualforce page and in that blank visualforce page, the alert box is displayed. Then on clicking Ok in the alertbox, the url is again redirected to the home page of opportunity.

But  I don't want this blank page to be displayed. On click of the new button, just the alert box has to be displayed, with out any change in the background.

For ex: if any alert box is displayed using the onclick javascript, there will not be any disturbance in the background.

Pls give ur suggestions on this?

• October 06, 2009

Hi,

I understand that using Salesforce UI, we can associate certain record types (of an object) to a particular user profile. Once that is set, is there a way to extract that information using apex code?

For example:

Account object has 2 record types (Individual & Business)

Profile "Western Sales Rep" has access to only "Business" record type.

From Apex code, how can I identify the record types for a given profile and object?

Thanks. 

• August 29, 2009
Is it possible to edit a record (through an integration) after a record has been locked in the approval process?  I know I can unlock the record and edit it but it seems like an integration should be able to edit the record even though it's approved.  The use case is we have a business plan where someone fills out their goals for the year and as the year progresses we update their invoice amounts vs their goals, but it appears we can't use the approval process if it's truely locked.

hi all

i am new with Force framework , actually i am testing the environment .

what i want to achieve is as follow:

have a page with textbox + button

user will fill the text box with an ID , when he click on the button , i will make a webservice call to an external application to retrieve the data , and display the data in a grid .

is it possible to do with this framework ?

can you give me  a kick start point or any sample code/application?

can you describe me the way you will choose to develop such thing?

i fill really lost with a massive of data .

many thanks

Yaniv

• August 04, 2009
Is there a way to notify the user (or group of users) when they have been granted sharing to a custom object record?  The use case is, we have a custom object and the person that has just been granted sharing doesn't know anything about it.  So we would like to notify them via email.  It doesn't look like you can do a trigger on the sharing table but I thought someone else might know of a way to do it.

Hello,

I am trying to connect to my test salesforce instance (https://test.salesforce.com) from my blackberry mobile simulator. I do find an option to change the url from salesforce.com to test.salesforce.com. Please let me know if there is a way to connect to test instance.

Thank You.

Hi,

Is there any documentation on how to add notes to a custom object via
the API? I've had a look, but no luck.

Thanks,

Andy