• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone have an S-Control  or Formula that will take a start date and add a duration in months to calculate an end date?

I've tried handling this in SF itself through a workflow rule trigger by breaking out the dates into MM DD Year fields and manipulating that way.  The problem is of course Validating the end date is a true since the current work around causes a problem.  ie: Jan 31 2007 + 1 Month = Feb 31, 2007 ... not a valid date.

Since we have Admin Support SF personnel tried to write a formula for the calculation and after a few weeks gave up and told me the only way to handle this is with a Custom S-Control.

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.

Thanks

AGM

• December 17, 2007

Good Day All,  I'm new here and to SF so bear with me.  I have 2 questions.

1.  I am suing Apex Data Loader 10 as my importer of choice for SF.  Is the Excel Connecter still around and which would be easier to use?

2. When importing Accounts to SF using the SF Import Wizard any attempt to import an account with the word "The" in the name results in SF seeing the new account as a duplication and not importing.  For example. an account exists in SF called The Chateau Hotel .... try to import Chateau Hotel and SF treats it as a duplicate and does not create the account.  We are in a business that has many such situations and they are unique accounts.  Any way around this problem with the import?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

• October 10, 2007

Does anyone have an S-Control  or Formula that will take a start date and add a duration in months to calculate an end date?

I've tried handling this in SF itself through a workflow rule trigger by breaking out the dates into MM DD Year fields and manipulating that way.  The problem is of course Validating the end date is a true since the current work around causes a problem.  ie: Jan 31 2007 + 1 Month = Feb 31, 2007 ... not a valid date.

Since we have Admin Support SF personnel tried to write a formula for the calculation and after a few weeks gave up and told me the only way to handle this is with a Custom S-Control.

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.

Thanks

AGM

• December 17, 2007