• Sr Consultant
  • Summa

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My workflow show below is not working and gets hung up on the NOT(Contains(.....)). When I remark that line out the workflow fires...help?

Auto_Approve_Supplier__c = TRUE &&
NOT(ISBLANK(DC_Email_1__c)) &&
NOT(ISBLANK(Notification_Email_1__c)) &&

NOT(CONTAINS(Type_of_Incident__c, "Foreign Object")) &&
(Submitted__c = TRUE ||
Manual_Push__c = TRUE)

I have set-up Salesforce to Salesforce (S2S) between two orgs. Everything was running correctly however, now we are having an issue with data updating on the sending org record automatically. This is what is happening:

The sending org shares a record (Quote - custom object). The receiving org uses an autonumber for the Record name. This does not get sent back to the sending org unless someone manually goes in to the quote record (on the receiving org), clicks on edit (makes no changes) and saves the record. This then updates the quote record in the sending org.

I do have workflow rules running that update the record on create, but SFDC does not recognize this as the record being updated.

HELP!!!

New to visualforce email templates. Have one developed by someone else and need to allow for user input. I have added the following code, and it lets the user enter information, however, does not post this information to the email when sending. Can this be done? HELP!!

<tr>
<td colspan = "3">
<textarea id="theTextInput" name="theTextInput" rows="4" cols="60"></textarea>
</td>
</tr>   

I am trying to load the Excel Connector for PE and am getting the following error - Project and Library not found. HELP PLEASE!

Mass Action Buttons for Tag and Search Results

Custom_buttons_on_tagging_lists_thu
All Editions

• Improve user adoption by letting users act on multiple tagged records
  • Increase productivity by reducing the number of clicks required to act on multiple records

Users enjoy the time-saving benefits of custom list buttons on list views and related lists. With Spring 08, custom buttons can now be used on list results. Administrators can create custom buttons for search and tag results so that users can initiate mass actions on those ad-hoc lists. For example, users can tag contacts according to interests and then email all contacts with those interests by simply clicking a custom button on the tag results list.

Note: This feature is enabled by default.

According to the above there is a way to send mass emails from tags etc. Does anyone have the code that would be used to create this button? AND how to set it up so that it appears on the tag list.

Help - Please - I am not a programmer.
We are trying to get a new web-to-lead form up and running and most of the code is working except for the following sections (we have all but three fields from the form coming into SFDC):

This section we are trying to set the lead record type to Education

In this next section of Code:
ED_Course Type Interest gets populated
ED_Date Request - does not get populated
ED_Staff Attending - does not get populated
And finally
ED_Comments does get populated

Interested In*

On-site Training
Hosting Course

Request Date*

Number of Staff Attending*

Comments

We have created an interface between back end systems and SFDC. Everything worked fine in the Sandbox although the following scenario may not have been tested. Inserting a new Opportunity record works fine, however, trying to update an existing opportunity gives the following error
Unable to create/update fields: Sales_Tax_Charges__c, Total_Charges___c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile.
INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE

The above two fields referrenced in the error message are formula fields and not even referenced in the Interface code. One of the fields used in the formula(s) is refereced (Tax Rate) and this is one of the fields that we are trying to update.

Any help on the following error would be apprecitated and is URGENT!

Linda

My workflow show below is not working and gets hung up on the NOT(Contains(.....)). When I remark that line out the workflow fires...help?

Auto_Approve_Supplier__c = TRUE &&
NOT(ISBLANK(DC_Email_1__c)) &&
NOT(ISBLANK(Notification_Email_1__c)) &&

NOT(CONTAINS(Type_of_Incident__c, "Foreign Object")) &&
(Submitted__c = TRUE ||
Manual_Push__c = TRUE)

Saleforce.com Administrator

Corporate Sales Operations

The NPD Group, founded in 1966, provides global consumer and retail information that helps manufacturers and retailers make more informed, fact based decisions in order to optimize their business.  Many of the world’s most successful companies rely on us for insight on what is selling, where and why so that they can understand and leverage the latest trends.

The Saleforce.com Administrator is responsible for the administration of a 525 user-base, Salesforce.com Enterprise version system. He/She will liaise with all of NPD’s Business Units and cross functional teams to provide Salesforce support and drive adoption throughout the organization. In addition, he/she will be assigned special technical projects related to Corporate Sales Operations objectives.  The successful candidate must be passionate in supporting the adoption and value of NPD's Salesforce.com system.

This position is located in NPD’s Port Washington, NY

Key Responsibilities:

• Providing global day-to-day end user support
  • Performing system configurations such as creating custom objects, triggers and workflows
  • Conducting system maintenance
  • Driving end user adoption, value, and ROI
  • Delivering timely, accurate and actionable business information
  • Developing business intelligence reports and/or dashboards to track items such as pipeline/forecasts, trends and growth.
  • Developing and conducting training sessions and updating training materials
  • Keeping abreast with new Salesforce features and functionality and providing recommendations for process improvements.
  • Manage special projects as assigned.  This includes sales compensation administration and tracking, annual and monthly revenue tracking and reporting, ad hoc reporting, and contract processing.

Requirements/Competencies:

• 3-5+ years’ experience in administering a Salesforce.com system. And Salesforce certification in either administration or development. Additional experience with other CRM systems a plus.
  • Must have knowledge of relational databases.
  • Knowledge of .NET, JAVA, C#, HTML and/or Java Script a plus.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Strong presentation and training skills.
  • Strong problem solving skills and be able to apply creativity to improve processes.
  • Must have attention to detail, a commitment to quality and be customer focused.
  • Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have strong time management skills.
  • Strong project management skills to manage lifecycles of small to large scale projects.
  • Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
  • BA/BS

The NPD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Please apply here:  Job Posting 827

New to visualforce email templates. Have one developed by someone else and need to allow for user input. I have added the following code, and it lets the user enter information, however, does not post this information to the email when sending. Can this be done? HELP!!

<tr>
<td colspan = "3">
<textarea id="theTextInput" name="theTextInput" rows="4" cols="60"></textarea>
</td>
</tr>   

Took me awhile to narrow down the culprit.  Occurs whenever I have a date field included in the query.

Here's steps to duplicate it - at least on my computer.

- Describe Sforce object

- Select object

- Include all fields

- Limit query to subject of records

- After results are displayed, select all rows

- Do a Query Selected Rows

If any rows have data in a date field.  The query will bomb at that row, on the first date field with data.

I am using the newest version of Excel connector.  One that has ability to select Production or Test environment from login screen.

Anyone else have this issue?

• March 17, 2011

A successful, actively growing orgnization in West Michigan is seeking an individual with strong SF knowledge to join it's SF Operations Department.  This is a international business that has recently put forward a concerted initiative to develop and maintain SF in a spirited fashion.  The candidate would report directly to the manager of Salesforce Operations. 

The ideal individual would be passionate about developing his/her CRM skillset, have a very positive 'bedside' manner when working with end users and exercise a high level of professionalism at all times.  This is a great opportunity for somebody that's new to the CRM field or looking for stable employment at a dynamic, good-natured organization that is consistnently recognized for it's industry-leading accomplishments.

UPD 12/21/2009 - PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SEARCH HAS BEEN ENDED

Message Edited by thecrmninja on 01-04-2010 11:30 AM
I am part of a large consultancy (top 5) and am working in our Analytics business, which we are brining to market with it's own brand identity.  We plan to offer salesforce.com Dashboards, Reporting & Analytics and are actively recruiting for both perm and contractors who have the requisite skills and experience with salesforce.com.  We have a significant off-shore facility where most of the work would be done but are looking for resources to lead projects and help sell projects in NA.

If there are other boards I should be posting this to, please let me know, as I don't have a great deal of experience navigating the salesforce.com community.

Thanks in advance.

We are looking for a  Global Sales Support  Administrator/Analyst due to growth. The Company is hightech company located in Santa Ana.  This person will report to the VP of Sales and be responsible for assisting with a range of administration & sales duties. I'm looking for an excellent communicator with the ability to build rapport over the telephone or face to face.  Salesforce.com experience preferred but not required.

This person will be required to assist in the development and implementation of key sales tools tracking forecasting,  regional performance, key account level metrics, and CRM management.(salesforce.com).

If you are interested in this opportunity or want more information please feel free to contact me

Regards,

Lynda Woodley

lwoodl01@yahoo.com

Hello, Look forward to talking with you about these opportunities:

Job Description

·          Provide Tier I and Tier II support of Salesforce.com through troubleshooting, technical resolution, enhancement implementation, and best practices development

·          Support senior SFDC Administrators in planning, implementing, and supporting SFDC and enhancements to Salesforce.com

·          Maintain user roles/profiles and security controls and settings

·          Ensure data integrity through profile management, duplicate merges, accurate automation of systems/information

Candidate Skills

·  Bachelor’s Degree in IS or related field

·  1+ year of Salesforce.com experience

·  Technical knowledge of Salesforce.com

·  Formal Salesforce.com certification desired

• December 17, 2008

Mass Action Buttons for Tag and Search Results

Custom_buttons_on_tagging_lists_thu
All Editions

• Improve user adoption by letting users act on multiple tagged records
  • Increase productivity by reducing the number of clicks required to act on multiple records

Users enjoy the time-saving benefits of custom list buttons on list views and related lists. With Spring 08, custom buttons can now be used on list results. Administrators can create custom buttons for search and tag results so that users can initiate mass actions on those ad-hoc lists. For example, users can tag contacts according to interests and then email all contacts with those interests by simply clicking a custom button on the tag results list.

Note: This feature is enabled by default.

According to the above there is a way to send mass emails from tags etc. Does anyone have the code that would be used to create this button? AND how to set it up so that it appears on the tag list.

Help - Please - I am not a programmer.
Hello there

I have an existing Custom report built in SF.
This report has an ID that can be read in the report URL

Now I would like to use the excel connector to suck up this report from SF and to insert the data in excel . ( today I manually run the report in SF, export it and paste the data into my excel existing file.)
any idea ?

I haven't played a lot with the connector but what i saw so far is that we can query only one table at a time, the custom reports are made with few tables joined.

thx for any light, if its not possible with the connector I will think of another way

Y.
Hello All,

Can you use Excel Connector with all versions of Salesforce such as Group, Enterprise, etc.

I am keeping my fingers crossed :smileyindifferent:
We are trying to get a new web-to-lead form up and running and most of the code is working except for the following sections (we have all but three fields from the form coming into SFDC):

This section we are trying to set the lead record type to Education

In this next section of Code:
ED_Course Type Interest gets populated
ED_Date Request - does not get populated
ED_Staff Attending - does not get populated
And finally
ED_Comments does get populated

Interested In*

On-site Training
Hosting Course

Request Date*

Number of Staff Attending*

Comments

Hi,
After installing the Excel connector, now from Excel I can only connect to the Salesforce Production environment. Does any expert know how to change the connection if I want to connect to my Sandbox environment?
Best regards!
  • October 24, 2008
I wanted to know if someone could help me with a formula as I've been struggling with it. I am so horrible at formulas, but I know this one should be so easy!!

Here are the details:

REFERENCE FIELD = Total Hours
FORMULA = I'm attempting to create a custom field (called HOUR BUCKET) that is a TEXT FORMULA field that will take the "TOTAL HOURS" and break it out into buckets.

For example - in English this is how the formula would be:

1.) If "Total Hours" is less than or equal to 40 hours = the HOUR BUCKET should populate with "40 hours or less"
-or-
2.) if "Total Hours" is more than 40 AND less than 100 hours = the HOUR BUCKET should populate with "41 - 99 hours"
- or -
3.) if "Total Hours" is more than 99 AND less than 500 hours = the HOUR BUCKET should populate with "100 - 499 hours"
- or -
4.) If "Total Hours" is greater than 499 = the HOUR BUCKET should populate with "500+ hours"

I'm having trouble with all the "ANDS" and "ORs" and "IFs" and where to put the appropriate quotes and parenthesis.

Please please help me! Thank you so much!!!
  • October 16, 2008
I just started using the sforce connector to build queris for a customized opportunity report in excel. All queries were working fine until excel crashed on me. When I go back into excel to re-run the queries, I'm get an error that states:

Error Generated by request::
from OpportunityLineItem where Service Date >2008-08-01TO0:00:00.00Z

ERROR at Row:1:Column:43
value of filter criterion for field 'service date' must be of type date and should not be enclosed with quotes????
Exception code: 5077

Then I would get the error: No data returned for this query.

I've changed the date format and I still get this error. I dont know what is causing this. Has anyone had this same issue? Can anyone help me please? :smileysad:
Hi, i'm trying to import all the data from my previous crm into salesforce.

I have already imported all my leads, contact and accounts into sf, but now i need to import the opportunities, i have succeeded my tst batch of importing the opportunitie with the account related id.
but now i noticed that there is no contact role, so how would i import (in one shot if possible) all my opportunities with the related account & contact  id ?

Thanks

• September 08, 2008