• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have tried to use the Trigger.isApi() call as well as Trigger.isUI(), but the Trigger compiler does not appear to understand these two methods/Fields (booleans?).

I simply want a field/property I can query to tell me who is the author:  UI or external process.

Thanks,

skipperSwede

-Is there a way to combine WSDL contracts for say Accounts AND another Object ->say Leads? 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
When I say 'combine' I mean add another <ComplexType name = "Lead">   - Node to the Wsdl for each Object. 

That would be great since it would make it easier for setting up a single Listener instead of One Per / WSDL, and I could check the Type on my side.  The Exposed signature is basically the same [notifications] , it is just that the underlying Notifications.notification property (Field) are of the designated TYPE that the WSDL wizard generates. And my understanding is it can NOT change on SF's side, where the Message gets packed into SOAP and created.

I am coding using .Net on the Listener (Client side) and can not use overLoading on the 'notifications' Method on a WebMethod, since this is "boiler-plated by the WSDL Wizard.  Otherwise this would be easy to implement - I.e. have a seperate signature for each Type of Object - SObject.  Instead I a mstuck now having to Create (1) listener per Message. If this can not be done, then I rest my case and will start implementing seperate Listeners...

Thanks.
Greetings,

I am having trouble using the SalesForce generated WSDL thru its wizard (GUI).  I have a test WebService on a local server,
with a specific Port (socket) setup for listening.  I turned on IIS logging and can indeed see that there is a POST - the message is received, and there is a
Content-Length.  However, due the SoapAction header = "" the error message returned is [ Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: . ] .

After some searching online,  I found that someone had found a solution whereby explicitly adding in a SoapDocumentAttribute - in BizTalk - and I went on my merry way to implement this.  No such luck in .Net (."Not")!

I understand the WebService is to expose a method for consumption.  However I am not clear (based on the WSDL) on what those exact signatures are?
What are the Inputs/Outputs?  Are these simply OneWay requests?

I see a reference to a 'notifications' method with an Id + SObject, but not sure if this is the WebMethod to define on the Service.  Also I see a reference to a 'notificationsResponse' using a boolean 'Ack' a the return datatype.

Any help or clarification would be much appreciated.

I have a question regarding Importing existing extracts of [Leads,Contacts,Accounts].

The issue is with the contraints that are existing (PK's & FK's) in teh Leads table.  The issue being I have AccountId's and ContactId's that need to be created 1st prior to
Importing Leads.

This being said, I attempted to Insert the Account and Contact records first.  My problem is with the PK's:

-How do I set the AccountId hashes (with the existingId's) on the Upsert and NOT have SF generate the unique-Ids using DataLoader?  Or can I only do this thru the API-'convertLead' method.

Thanks.

skipperSwede
-Is there a way to combine WSDL contracts for say Accounts AND another Object ->say Leads? 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
When I say 'combine' I mean add another <ComplexType name = "Lead">   - Node to the Wsdl for each Object. 

That would be great since it would make it easier for setting up a single Listener instead of One Per / WSDL, and I could check the Type on my side.  The Exposed signature is basically the same [notifications] , it is just that the underlying Notifications.notification property (Field) are of the designated TYPE that the WSDL wizard generates. And my understanding is it can NOT change on SF's side, where the Message gets packed into SOAP and created.

I am coding using .Net on the Listener (Client side) and can not use overLoading on the 'notifications' Method on a WebMethod, since this is "boiler-plated by the WSDL Wizard.  Otherwise this would be easy to implement - I.e. have a seperate signature for each Type of Object - SObject.  Instead I a mstuck now having to Create (1) listener per Message. If this can not be done, then I rest my case and will start implementing seperate Listeners...

Thanks.
Greetings,

I am having trouble using the SalesForce generated WSDL thru its wizard (GUI).  I have a test WebService on a local server,
with a specific Port (socket) setup for listening.  I turned on IIS logging and can indeed see that there is a POST - the message is received, and there is a
Content-Length.  However, due the SoapAction header = "" the error message returned is [ Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: . ] .

After some searching online,  I found that someone had found a solution whereby explicitly adding in a SoapDocumentAttribute - in BizTalk - and I went on my merry way to implement this.  No such luck in .Net (."Not")!

I understand the WebService is to expose a method for consumption.  However I am not clear (based on the WSDL) on what those exact signatures are?
What are the Inputs/Outputs?  Are these simply OneWay requests?

I see a reference to a 'notifications' method with an Id + SObject, but not sure if this is the WebMethod to define on the Service.  Also I see a reference to a 'notificationsResponse' using a boolean 'Ack' a the return datatype.

Any help or clarification would be much appreciated.

Has anyone encountered character changes on importing using the connector tool?

Example as shown below 

GÃ?¶teborgs Hamn AB should be Göteborgs Hamn AB 

Any help greatly appreciated.  I have just started using Data loader so hope not to encounter the same problems.

Cheers

Liz

• August 08, 2005