• 193 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I read in some of the sfdc study guides with eamples to recruiting application,  if a position is closed the reviewer should not be able to add or delete a review and this could be done using roll up summary fields.Could anybody please explain how can that be accomplished.

Thanks much.

• October 15, 2009
We recently discovered users changing the subject of activities to hide over due issues. How can I track or prevent them from changing the subject? I was thinking that only the creator of the activity can change the subject. What would my validation look like? Or do you think there is another way around it?
  • August 12, 2009

I have created a custom object.For this i have created many custom fields ,is there any way so a s to provide security to my custom fields.

For example: i have created a custom field password__c for Login__c custom object.I want to display this field as an encrypted value instead of a readable value.

Is this possible to provide security to a custom object.

Thanks in advance,

shaan

• July 14, 2009

Hi,

We are trying to export data from one of our production org which includes system date time fields (Created Date/Last Modified date) using data loader UI.

As dateTime field values are stored as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in salesfoce.com, when we are exporting data, exported data is returning values in UTC. We want to have data in our current organization Default Time Zone which is (GMT+10:00) Australian Eastern Standard Time (Australia/Sydney).

It will be really helpful for us, if there are ways to do this and export the data in local time zone of our organization.

Thanks in advance

Reg,

Amit Mishra

Hi,

We have couple of application listed on appexchange. Now force.com checkout is introduced, we would like to make our apps available through checkout. what is the process to make apps available through checkout.

Thnaks in advance

Amit Mishra

anyone know how to find out what edition of salesforce an org has i.e. unlimited, enterprise, professional etc..

Hi folks

I'm trying to deactivate a user but get the following message:

You cannot deactivate this user. You cannot deactivate a user who is receiving cases or notifications as part of your case assignment/escalation rules.

I have a lot of workflows set up - could this message mean this user I am trying to deactivate is included in one of these rules? Is there any way of identifying which one without having to open every one to check?

Thanks

I read in some of the sfdc study guides with eamples to recruiting application,  if a position is closed the reviewer should not be able to add or delete a review and this could be done using roll up summary fields.Could anybody please explain how can that be accomplished.

Thanks much.

• October 15, 2009

My nonprofit uses Salesforce to record donor information and participation in various programs we offer. I'm having a problem related to two custom objects: Participation (records participation/enrollment in our programs) and Attendance (for each program day, records whether or not a person attended). For example, we have an after-school program that runs once a week for 30 weeks. Every girl in the program will have one Participation record showing she's enrolled and up to 30 attendance records, each linked via lookup to her Participation record.

My problem is creating multiple Attendance records without importing them from excel, which I certainly can do but would like to avoid if possible. It would be ideal if users could select the appropriate Participation records from a list and click a button that would automatically create and save one Attendance record for each selected Participation record and link to that Participant record via lookup. 

How possible do you think this is? And any ideas on how to make it happen?

Nonprofits generally don't have the funds to pay someone with the right experience for this job, and mine is no exception. I don't have any background in this but am learning as I go. I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks.

We recently discovered users changing the subject of activities to hide over due issues. How can I track or prevent them from changing the subject? I was thinking that only the creator of the activity can change the subject. What would my validation look like? Or do you think there is another way around it?
  • August 12, 2009
I've got a requirement that person accounts could be children to multiple business accounts (I'm not using contacts) i.e. person accounts could be a member of multiple organizations.  Also, business accounts could have multiple parents and children. The built in 1:N heirarchy in salesforce seems insufficient. What is the best way to set this up?

Any ideas on How to get last activity date of an Account's Open activity?

Thanks.

• August 05, 2009

Hello,

I am trying to schedule my Apex Data Loader to insert data into salesforce nightly but I have no idea where to start or how to do it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me the code I need to use please.

Thank you.

I have three objects: ForecastWork, ActaulWork and People.  The concept is that People are linked to the ForecastWork so we can track to is planned to be assigned where.  When the ForecastWork become real work, an ActualWork record is created from the ForecastWork record. 

Is there a way to also link all the people that are linked to the ForecastWork to the ActualWork record when it is created (obviously this is only to be done when the ActualWork record is created from the ForecastWork record.  If the ActualWork record is created without a ForecastWork record then there will be no People to link to it).

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I am inserting data into salesforce using data loader, date on my csv file is eg 2009-07-13 but when its imported into salesforce it changes to 2009-07-12. Why is this? I have my dates set as: On Salesforce: (GMT+00:00) British Summer Time (Europe/London) and Locale English (UK) and on my csv file 2001-03-04 and Locale ISO or English UK but they still dont work. Can anyone tell me why the date on salesforce is a day behind?

Thanks.

AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Quotation | Drawing Submittal"),EVO_Quote_No__c = " ")

My formula is not working. I am trying to a Quote Number ( the Field Type: Text) if I reach a specific Stage in the Sales Process. What am I doing wrong? 

I have created a custom object.For this i have created many custom fields ,is there any way so a s to provide security to my custom fields.

For example: i have created a custom field password__c for Login__c custom object.I want to display this field as an encrypted value instead of a readable value.

Is this possible to provide security to a custom object.

Thanks in advance,

shaan

• July 14, 2009

I want to export all of the data from one developer org and import it into a different org (both orgs contain identical custom objects).  I exported the data from Org 1 using Administration Setup->Data Management->Data Export, which gave me a ZIP file containing CSVs for each object.  Is there any way that I can import all of this data into Org 2 by simply pointing the org to the ZIP file?

I couldn't find a way to do this using the setup menu options in my org.  I couldn't even find a way to import the services file.  Will I be forced to use the Data Loader app?

• April 29, 2009
Contact Sharing Rules

Owned by: All Inernal Users - Shared With: All Internal Users (and visa versa) for example.  I've also tried rules using roles, these do not work either.

My goal is to have one user who schedules events and tasks for the other users.  Subordinate users are getting "Insufficient Priviliges" when trying to view my contacts.

Thanks...

Message Edited by dearingerAT on 04-12-2009 05:59 PM

Hi,

We have couple of application listed on appexchange. Now force.com checkout is introduced, we would like to make our apps available through checkout. what is the process to make apps available through checkout.

Thnaks in advance

Amit Mishra