• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a custom object lookup field (RF_Reseller__c) in our opportunities that defines what company is handling the opp.  What I want to do is create a formula field that outputs "Direct sale" when the lookup field has our company name in it, and "Indirect sale" when it's any other value (i.e. our resellers).

What I've got is

IF(CONTAINS(RF_Reseller__c , "ABC Co."), "Direct Sale", "Indirect Sale")

I get no syntax errors, but every opp comes back with the false value (Indirect sale), even when the lookup field is "ABC Co." with case-sensitivity taken into account.

Any idea how I can get a simple IF like this to return a certain text value based on the value in a lookup field?

Message Edited by tomc1227 on 02-05-2009 04:52 PM
Order_Offers custom object related to opportunity (M/D). I can display the Order Offers without any issue.

When I use an input field it will display the correct text, but the save function doesn't save the data into the related record. Is a controller extension required for saving multiple records at a time? If so, can anyone point me to an code example of this nature?

PS. Where is the insert code button, or what is the HTML code to do so?

Thanks,
John

apex:page standardController="opportunity" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" renderAs="HTML">
<br>.TextAreaLarge {width:400px; height:250px;}<br>

apex:pageblock title="Order Information">
apex:outputtext >
Order Number: {!Opportunity.Order_Number__c}

Order Placer: {!Opportunity.Order_Placer__c}

Account: {!Opportunity.Account.Name}

/apex:outputtext>
/apex:pageblock>

apex:pageblock title="Circulation & Cost">
apex:outputText value="Order Total Cost: ${!Opportunity.Amount}"/>

apex:outputText value="Total Order Circulation: {!Opportunity.Circulation__c}" style=""/>

apex:form >
apex:pageblock >
apex:pageblocktable value="{!Opportunity.Order_Offers__r}" var="offer">
apex:column headervalue="Disclaimer 1">
apex:inputfield value="{!offer.Offer_Disclaimer_1__c}" styleClass="TextAreaLarge"/>
/apex:column>
apex:column headervalue="Disclaimer 2">
apex:inputtextarea value="{!offer.Offer_Disclaimer_2__c}"/>
/apex:column>
/apex:pageblocktable>
apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
apex:commandbutton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
/apex:form>

apex:pageblock title="Stores">
apex:pageblocktable value="{!Opportunity.Store_Entries__r}" var="store">
apex:column value="{!store.Store__c}"/>
apex:column value="{!store.Circulation__c}"/>
apex:column value="{!store.Directionals__c}"/>
/apex:pageblocktable>
/apex:page>

I have a formula field that I would like to sync from the contact record into outlook (specifically I would like to create a URL to that contact's Salesforce ID).  Obviously this would be a one way sync, but the UI for the Outlook plugin will not me select the field in the custom mapping.

Is there a way to override this in INI or XML file somewhere?

I plugged in the Inline Account Hierarchy and it works great!  Problem is that I need to get totals from 3 numeric fields on all of the child accounts.  How difficult would it be make the changes to the code to generate totals as well?  I am an Apex newbie...

OR, would it be possible to create a custom button that called a report that filtered based upon account ID and included these totals in the report?

How has everyone else resolved this need?

I am trying to install this app into my Sandbox, would alleviate a huge problem for me ATM: http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000006m4OYAAY

I go to install, put in sandbox login, select system administrator, go through wizard (even tried selecting ignore apex errors)... I get the following error message:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels and reference number: 526020283-75 (717204042)

Any ideas on how to get this working?

I want to create an order form as an app for our sales users.  Let's say that an account has several child accounts attached to it.

When I create an apportunity on the parent account, I want the ability to check off which child accounts are participating in this opportunity.

I have very little apex/vf experience.  Is there any way to accomplish this without a lot of advanced development?

I'm looking to make my search function pull up the first found result.  I've gotten it to work except that the link that is delivered has a bunch of extra characters I can't seem to get rid of:  https://na6.salesforce.com/(Account:%7BId=0018000000NbMUIAA3%7D).  I know I am missing something very simple here.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I can't figure out how to get just the ID from the getResult() function...

Page:
Code:
<apex:page id="salesPartner" controller="AccountController" tabStyle="Account" > 
 <apex:pageBlock title="Search Accounts">  
  <apex:form >   
   <apex:inputText id="searchBox" value="{!searchText}"/>   
   <apex:commandButton action="{!search2}" value="Search" id="searchBtn"/>   
   <apex:dataTable value="{!result}" var="acc" id="data" >    
    <apex:column >     
     <apex:facet name="header"><b>Name</b></apex:facet>      {!acc.id}    
    </apex:column>   
   </apex:dataTable> 
  </apex:form> 
 </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Controller
Code:
public class AccountController{

public String getSearchText() {

return null;

}

private List<Account> result = new List<Account>();

private String searchText;

public AccountController(){

}

public List<Account> getResult() {return result;}

public void setSearchText(String searchText)

{ this.searchText = searchText; }

public void search()
{
result = [select id from Account Where Name like :searchText LIMIT 1];}

public PageReference search2() {

PageReference next = new PageReference('/'+getResult());
    next.setRedirect(true);
    return next;

}

}

This is the best way I've found without buying an additional product.  If anyone has a better way please chime in!

1) Add "Full Name" as a formula fields on your contact (Firstname + Lastname) - its the example listed when you create a formula.
2) Run a report for all contacts across the entire date range they could have possibly been created.  Include full name field.
3) Export this file to excel.  Add a formula field:
Code:
=IF(MAX(COUNTIF(P2:P5000,P2:P5000))>1,"Duplicates","No Duplicates") 

I added this formula to row Q, where row P was my "Full Name".  Copy this formula down the entire row (as many rows as you have).  Don't use the drag formula function as it will add numbers to the formula.  I used a text file, and quickly created a number of lines, then pasted into excel (hold control-v with trailing return, then copy a bunch of lines, then copy again again, 20 seconds and you've got 5000 lines).  Increase 5000 (in the formula as well) to a larger number if you have more records.  You should see each duplicate show up saying "Duplicates".  Then use data --> sort in excel and you can see just the dup's.

It's dirty but it works.

Alternatively if you have a very small database, you can run the above report in summary form, using Full Name to summarize.
I have one opportunity that i want to forcast revenue across the next 12 months. eg. 1200$ opp, close date feb: 100$ each month through next jan.

does anyone know how to do this?
Here's the deal in brief:

I have an opportunity that represents an agreement for a client- eg. they have agreed to buy 500 widgets over the next year.  The widgets may be paid 30% up front, but the bulk of the expense comes when they place orders.  I created a custom object, called "Order" and created a master-detail relationship between order and opportunity.

This way when an order is placed I can run a total against the opportunity.  Life is grand!

Here's the problem.  Each order has a look-up relationship to an account (this account is not related to any opportunity).  When my team fields an order over the phone, they have to look up the account, requiring a lot of alt-tabbing.  When they select the account, I want specific information pertaining to the account to appear (when creating this new custom "order" obejct).  Is that possible or does this require S-controls?

Hi ,

Can some one do the Salesforce cerification exams in Sri Lanka? Is there any examination center to do it ? Can do it  online? 

Thanks 

• March 19, 2010

Hi all,

I am taking the developer certification on wednesday. I ve got a couple of questions:

1. Do I have to go through cheat sheets and remember all the functions and stuff for the test?

2. Any sample questions available anywhere so as to have a warm up before taking the test?

Can anyone please clarify on these?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi Everybody,

I need to take a test in DEV 401. Could anybody provide me sample questions to practice.I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Neeru.

To get a better understanding what I need done I will briefly explain the sales process for construction business"

Developer plans a new Hotel Project.

General Contractors (GCs)are  bidding for the construction contract.

Roofing Company [myself] send the roofing price to all  GCs bidding for the project.

The GC that is awarded the project is my potential customer.

But to start with I have an opportunity with multiple accounts. Once the bidding is complete only one GC will remain.

How do I accomplish this in Sales force?

THANKS

Is there a way to avoid using the ISPICKVAL function in a formula field when retreiving information from a picklist field.

I want to posted the information in the formula field without writing every value in the picklist. I knoew the formula is wrong below but the idea of when the Market Segment field is not NULL post the infomration from that field.

IF(ISPICKVAL({!Account.Market_Segment__c} <>" ", Account.Market_Segment__c))

• August 26, 2009
I'm trying to create a workflow rule that will notify our strategic team when new tasks are added to our premier accounts.  I can't figure out how to reference the custom field that indicates a premier account as well as the creation of a new task.  Any ideas?
  • August 26, 2009

I'd like to create a formula field at the Account level that looks up the Contact address information. As I understand the Cross object formula, It can only deliver information downward ie, from Account to Contact. Roll up formulas only deal with numbers, so that doesn't solve the problem.

Does anyone know how to just copy the data out of a field in the Contact into a matching field in the Account?

Is there a way to put comments into a formula field in Salesforce?  Only reason I'm asking is that we do a lot of testing in Salesforce and at time we need to comment out parts of the formula to troubleshoot it.  It gets annoying cutting and pasting parts of the formula field into notepad in case it's not the formula that's giving us issues.

Thanks

• August 24, 2009
Does anyone know how to auto-populate a contact lookup or e-mail field on a custom object with the "primary" contact from Contact Roles on Opportunities? I want a user to be able to create a new record on the custom object and have it automatically pull the contact information of the "primary" contact from the Opporunity so I can build workflow to send an e-mail notification. Thanks!

I would like to create a workflow rule that closes an opportunity if it doesn't have any modifications in 60 days AND does not have any Activities in 60 days.  I can't seem to figure out how to put time based workflow around both dates.  Also, time based workflow does seem to trigger off of Last Activity Date.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello, I have installed Excel connector and have not yet been able to import a report. I have chosen a variety of report types and report locations and get the same error message each time. Is there a setting I need to adjust? Thanks!

Error: Unable to retrieve the requested report. Please log in to Salesforce using a web browser to confirm the report's availability.
Hi,

I want to do salesforce certification Dev 401 and DEV 501. We are partners of Salesforce, so can anybody tell me the exact price of the certification ?

Any pointers on these is highly appreciated.

Thank You,
Yash
Hi,

I want to do salesforce certification Dev 401 and DEV 501. We are partners of Salesforce, so can anybody tell me the exact price of the certification ?

Any pointers on these is highly appreciated.

Thank You,
Yash
I have had the following issue for several users:

Screen Resolution is set to 800x600

When they are using the outlook connector & click "Add Email" the "Add to Salesforce" button is off the screen & there's no way to scroll to it.

I fixed it on most by changing the resolution, but I have one user that does not want their resolution changed as they need the larger fonts / icons.

Has anyone else experienced this, and are there any solutions?

Message Edited by Kyle Freeman on 01-11-2008 02:35 PM
With most users in my office having a screen resolution of 1024x768 (or 800x600 for a few with poor eyesight) I've found that the new version of Outlook Ed's Application window for the Send&Add e-mail feature exceeds the size of the users' screens. Hence they are unable to get to the "send" buttons to actually send the e-mail/add it to SF. Has anyone else come across this issue? I was told by an initial SF representative that the issue had been reported as being problematic, but the next SF rep said there was no mention of the issue in any existing case.

I've already spoke to SF reps, so I know this is being looked into - in the meanwhile I'm curious if any users have had the same issue, or have found a solution that doesn't involved going to every user's computer and changing their settings.