• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

we've developed a web app to replace the self-service portal within our organization. The new client portal is based on PHP 5 and MySQL 4. We're using Drupal as basic framework (see http://drupal.org/project/salesforce).

Within our new portal the user can create cases and comments. If the user enters special chars like the euro symbol and the case/comment is synchronized to Salesforce the symbol is not displayed properly. In Salesforce the euro symbol is replaced by an question mark. The same happens when creating a case/comment in Salesforce and synching it to Drupal. I'm already using some utf8_encoding/utf8_decoding. But the euro symbol is not included in the ISO-8859-1. I think it's in ISO-8859-15.

How can I handle special chars like the euro symbol?

Thanks a lot, Bjoern
Hi there,

it's my objective to create a new field "SLA Timer". This field calculates the time since the case is created. The calculation depends on some conditions:
  • The timer stops as soon as the status of a case is changed to a specific state. There are 3 status which will stop the timer (say status x, y, z). The timer will also stop if the case is closed.
  • The timer starts as soon as the status is changed to another state which is not one of the 3 status mentioned above (x, y, z).
  • Furtermore the script has to check our business hours. The timer only runs within our business hours.
The whole day I've tried to create a formula field which calculates the time. I think it's not that easy because I need a lot of additional fields. Also I'm not sure if it's the best way to use the formula language.

Thanks for any help, Bjoern
  • February 19, 2008