'Website': 'http://www.pocketsoap.com/'
    'type': 'Account',
    'Name': 'New Account' 1,
 }
sr = svc.create(a)
if str(sr[sf.success]) == 'true':
    print "id " + str(sr[sf.id])
I have encountered a problem using the Dataloader command line tool when i upsert data. I do and soql query like the following....select Id,productCode,Name,AssetCodeId(reference field). from Product. The problem seems to be the last field if i leave that out it matches the Id in my database with the salesforce Id and does not add new records but when i use the last reference field then it adds new records in salesforce. I am upserting from an sql table with 4 fields all of tpe varchar. Both Id and AsetCodeId are just strings containing the unique ids in salesforce......what could be the problem?. 
At the moment i am reirecting to the download link but i want to keep the current page displayed and just have the download dialog box appear normally..
How do i use this to directly map data from my sql server to Salesforce. i believe i need to use some configuration file in order to achieve this but have no idea how to do it.
How can i do this. I am using the Page Reference`s Redirect method at the moment but it "redirects" me to the download link but i want to stay on the same page.
This is my simple page and controller but it does not work at all........every time i click the submit button it refreshes the current page
---Page-----
<apex:page controller="MyController" tabStyle="Contact">
<apex:form >
 <apex:pageBlock>
  <apex:commandButton action="{!submit}" value="Export" id="BtnExport"/>              
 </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>
---Controller-----
public class MyController { 
   public PageReference submit() {
        PageReference secondPage= new PageReference('www.google.com');
        secondPage.setRedirect(true);
        return secondPage;
    }
}

Contact c : [select id from Contact where Name = {!$User.FirstName}]
I have a custom table which has a textfied of size 6 that holds a date and month information in the format YYYYMM. What i wanted was a query like this "select distinct date from Commission__c" but i cannot because there is no distinct or group by function in soql.....any workaround?
can i access one of my server databases from within salesforce?.
May seem like a basic question but how do i access the Page Editor inside Salesforce?. I have an Enterprise Licence so i should be able to open this editor inside Salesforce.
This is the export download link for the excel file i wish to download but how do i download it?. I have the sessions id and am logged in using my user name and password but i dont know how to download this file.

Contact c : [select id from Contact where Name = {!$User.FirstName}]
for example
sf = beatbox._tPartnerNS
svc = beatbox.Client()
svc.login(username, password)
a = { 'type': 'Account',
    'Name': 'New Account',
    'type': 'Account',
    'Name': 'New Account' 1,
 }
sr = svc.create(a)
if str(sr[sf.success]) == 'true':
    print "id " + str(sr[sf.id])
How do i use this to directly map data from my sql server to Salesforce. i believe i need to use some configuration file in order to achieve this but have no idea how to do it.
This is my simple page and controller but it does not work at all........every time i click the submit button it refreshes the current page
---Page-----
<apex:page controller="MyController" tabStyle="Contact">
<apex:form >
 <apex:pageBlock>
  <apex:commandButton action="{!submit}" value="Export" id="BtnExport"/>              
 </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>
---Controller-----
public class MyController { 
   public PageReference submit() {
        PageReference secondPage= new PageReference('www.google.com');
        secondPage.setRedirect(true);
        return secondPage;
    }
}
can i access one of my server databases from within salesforce?.
May seem like a basic question but how do i access the Page Editor inside Salesforce?. I have an Enterprise Licence so i should be able to open this editor inside Salesforce.