• 64 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a field that is blank until an opportunity goes active. When the opportunity goes active we update the Active_Name__c. This name can never change once the record is saved. I used ISCHANGED for the validation rule but if it was blank before it still prevents a save.

How do I set up the formula to where it looks to see if it is null first , and if it isn't then it goes to the ISCHANGED rule?

I tried

isnull(Active_Name__c)=False && ISCHANGED(Active_Name__c)

But this does not give me my results.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

• February 02, 2010
Using the formula editor, how do i round up (or down) a number to x decimal places. eg:- I would like 1.239 rounded up to 2 decimal places to get the result 1.24. thanks!

While using data loader through command line i'm getting this error. I'm using Apex data loader 23.0

I've created all necessary files like key.txt,.sdl file,.csv file and .config file. I'm doing insert operation.

Can anyone suggest answer for it.

BeanPostProcessors before initialization of bean 'accountInsertProcess'
328 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanFactory - Invokin
g afterPropertiesSet() on bean with name 'accountInsertProcess'
328 [main] DEBUG org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanFactory - Invokin
g BeanPostProcessors after initialization of bean 'accountInsertProcess'
375 [accountInsertProcess] FATAL com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner
- Unable to run process accountInsertProcess
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ControllerInitia
lizationException: Error loading config file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Ap
ex Data Loader 23.0\test\config.properties. Please make sure that it exists and
is readable
at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:86)
a:74)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:226)
Caused by: com.salesforce.dataloader.exception.ControllerInitializationException
: Error loading config file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23
.0\test\config.properties. Please make sure that it exists and is readable
at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.initConfig(Controller
.java:330)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.<init>(Controller.jav
a:95)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.getInstance(Controlle
r.java:199)
a:84)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex D
ata Loader 23.0\test\config.properties (The system cannot find the file specifie
d)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.config.Config.load(Config.java:573)
at com.salesforce.dataloader.controller.Controller.initConfig(Controller
.java:327)
... 5 more
C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 23.0\bin>

We are trying to get our products into our environment ready for launch on Tuesday of next week but we have hit a barrier that we don't have the skills or knowledge to cope with.

Is anyone available for paid work to help us between now and then?

Background:

We are a service company based int he UK that offers collection services. We use a network of contractors to carry out those services. The services can be in a combination of forms dependant on three things:

1. Type of container (10 options)
  2. Size of container (10 options)
  3. Type of container cargo (10 options)
We collect from all over the UK and therefore choose a contractor based on the postcode of the Account Shipping Postcode. We may have a choice of between 1-4 contractors to use in that area - each offering a different price.
We believe we should be using Pricebooks according to the Postcode and then Container Type as the Product. The other items then become variables of that product ie:
Size of Container
Type of Container Cargo
Based on the chosen variables the system would return the possible contractors, which would give us the price

What we are looking to do is:

Build a Custom Object to manage our vendor services. This would be:

• Vendor details (taken from Account)
  • Vendor postcodes covered - multi-select
  • Vendor containers offered in those Postcode areas
  • Vendor sizes offered
  • Type of Container Cargo offered
  • Price for each combination

Modify the Opportunity Product to add in the ability to select product variables as well as Quantity:

•  Frequency of Collection
  •  Size of Container
  •  Type of Product

We then need a lookup to check which of our Vendors can match the product combination, which will then return a Price and the Vendor

Hope that makes sense. Would love to hear from anyone interested in this work who can begin immediately.

Philip

Trying to create a workflow rule that changes the Case Status to "Returned" if the Case Tier field is changed from Development to Tier. Below is the formula I created, but it's not working. I think I over thought this rule and made it more complex than it needs to be. Not sure how to simplfy it.

IF(AND(CaseTier__c =Tier 3,ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(CaseTier__c), “Development”),"Returned", null)

Thanks,

p

• February 11, 2010

We have a field that is blank until an opportunity goes active. When the opportunity goes active we update the Active_Name__c. This name can never change once the record is saved. I used ISCHANGED for the validation rule but if it was blank before it still prevents a save.

How do I set up the formula to where it looks to see if it is null first , and if it isn't then it goes to the ISCHANGED rule?

I tried

isnull(Active_Name__c)=False && ISCHANGED(Active_Name__c)

But this does not give me my results.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

• February 02, 2010

Hi,

I am trying to write a validation formula that will allow two format types for UK phone numbers, these are;

01234 567890 and 0123 456 7890.

Whilst I can write a validation rule for one format type; 

NOT(REGEX(Phone, "\\d{4}( \\d{3})( \\d{4})")).

I cannot seem to write a rule that will allow for two. I had tried;

OR(NOT(REGEX(Phone, "\\d{4}( \\d{3})( \\d{4})")), NOT(REGEX(Phone, "\\d{5}( \\d{6})")))

But this does not work. Any advice to what I am hoping is a simple answer would be grateful.

Using the formula editor, how do i round up (or down) a number to x decimal places. eg:- I would like 1.239 rounded up to 2 decimal places to get the result 1.24. thanks!

IF( CloseDate <= TODAY() , 1,0) almost gets me where I want to go. 

I'm trying to create a true or false (1 or 0) result to help me determine revenue this month to date.  How do I limit the above results to THIS_MONTH in a formula field?

Hello !

I need to feed an old billing system with information from SalesForce.

What is the best way for creating files in SalesForce?

What is the best way to connect to an FTP server in SalesForce?

Best regards

Peter

Hello everyone!!

Is there anyway to generate a PDF and Download it automatically? preferibly don't attaching it to any object...

Thanks in advance!!

I need help with a ISPICKVAL formula. 

I have a Picklist field named Type_Client_1.  If Type_Client_1= Seller, then the word "Buyer" should display.  If Type_Client_1= Buyer, then the word "Seller" should display. Please help me to correct my formula (see below.

WRONG FORMULA:

if ( ISPICKVAL( ( Type_Contractor_1__c ) , "Seller"), "Buyer",
if ( ISPICKVAL( (Type_Contractor_1__c) , "Buyer")), "Seller"))

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Regards, DNears

• January 22, 2009
I want to implement some basic support functionality whereby when a support person sends an e-mail to the contact regarding a case the from address is automatically changed to a generic e-mail address but retains their display name e.g. "Support Smith <support@mycomp.com>"

I also want to manipulate the subject line to include some kind of tracking token (probably the caseID) which I will use to process inbound e-mails.

Does anyone have any pointers? I can't find any relevant triggers.

Thanks in advance!

Joel Mansford

I'm looking for a developer to perform ad-hoc work on our Salesforce installation. It would involve making configuration changes, changing field data models, implementing validation, writing Apex customisations (we have force licensed), editing JavaScript Salesforce API code, creating reports and dashboards, etc.

Probably only 5-10hrs a month, but would suit a contractor with many small clients. I'm in the UK so would prefer someone here for the timezone convenience, but not essential.

Please contact me if you're interested.