• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm building a visualforce page to show some flags at the top of a contact record based on certain criteria.  I'm running into a problem with the following code:

<li style="{!IF(ISPICKVAL(contact.Prospect_Status__c, "Requested No Contact"), "", "display:none")}"><strong>They Have Requested No Contact:</strong> This person requested that we not contact them.</li>

Every time I try to save this (using the built in VF page editor) I get an error that says "Error: Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Text" and it won't let me save.  Am I losing it?  It seems like this should be easy.  BTW, yes Prospect_Status__c is indeed a picklist (single, not multi).

Thanks in advance!

I have a custom button on one of my custom objects called with an API name of "DeleteX".  I want to include this button in the button bar of my visual force page right next to the edit button.  But when I say "action='{!DeleteX}'" in the commandButton component it doesn't work.  Is what I'm trying to do possible and if so what's the syntax?

Thanks in advance. Here's my page as it currently exists.

<apex:page standardController="Web_Integration__c" showHeader="true" tabStyle="opportunity" title="Web Integration: {!Web_Integration__c.Name}"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Web Integration Detail"> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="{!edit}" value="Edit"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

- Hank

I'm building a visualforce page to show some flags at the top of a contact record based on certain criteria.  I'm running into a problem with the following code:

<li style="{!IF(ISPICKVAL(contact.Prospect_Status__c, "Requested No Contact"), "", "display:none")}"><strong>They Have Requested No Contact:</strong> This person requested that we not contact them.</li>

Every time I try to save this (using the built in VF page editor) I get an error that says "Error: Incorrect parameter for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected Picklist, received Text" and it won't let me save.  Am I losing it?  It seems like this should be easy.  BTW, yes Prospect_Status__c is indeed a picklist (single, not multi).

Thanks in advance!

I have a custom button on one of my custom objects called with an API name of "DeleteX".  I want to include this button in the button bar of my visual force page right next to the edit button.  But when I say "action='{!DeleteX}'" in the commandButton component it doesn't work.  Is what I'm trying to do possible and if so what's the syntax?

Thanks in advance. Here's my page as it currently exists.

<apex:page standardController="Web_Integration__c" showHeader="true" tabStyle="opportunity" title="Web Integration: {!Web_Integration__c.Name}"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Web Integration Detail"> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="{!edit}" value="Edit"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

- Hank