• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Maybe someone can help me with this alert problem: Management wants alerts , BUT ONLY ONCE A DAY, not every time the record is edited.

An example of these alerts is:

BH Oppty changes by $150k and/or date is changed more than 30 days (OR) IS A KEY ACCOUNT and is CHANGED by any amount.  When the reps work a deal they are changing the Oppty many times a day, driving the upper Management crazy.

HERE IS THE FORMULA I have: 

Rule Criteria

AND(
CloseDate - PRIORVALUE( CloseDate ) > 30,
(OR( Amount > 150000, Account.Key_Account__c )),
CONTAINS( $UserRole.Name , "BH Eastern")
)

Is there a way to only trigger this once a day????

• June 24, 2008
HELP!
I need a workfloew rule that will Not send an alert to Sales Management when a deal is Closed Lost, and the prior stage value was either Identified or Dialog Initiated

Currently Sales Mgt gets email alerts everytime a deal is closed lost(that one was easy). I was told by some I have to do a custom rule by using Priorvalue but I can not get it right...
Can someone help!

SO far I have:
PRIORVALUE(Stage=Identified,Dialog Initiated)= TRUE
  • May 21, 2008
HELP!
I need a workfloew rule that will Not send an alert to Sales Management when a deal is Closed Lost, and the prior stage value was either Identified or Dialog Initiated

Currently Sales Mgt gets email alerts everytime a deal is closed lost(that one was easy). I was told by some I have to do a custom rule by using Priorvalue but I can not get it right...
Can someone help!

SO far I have:
PRIORVALUE(Stage=Identified,Dialog Initiated)= TRUE
  • May 21, 2008
I want to make a forumla for a workflow rule that checks if the prior value was null (this particular field "Actual_Ship_Date" gets edited in a tracking form when the order gets shipped) and then checks if it was changed.

Basically if "Actual_Ship_Date" has changed, it will trigger a field update for another object. I just need this to validate first. I'm getting an error for this formula and I'm not sure where to go with it:

Code:
PRIORVALUE(ISNULL(Actual_Ship_Date__c)) = TRUE
ISCHANGED(Actual_Ship_Date__c))

How should I be putting this to make it work properly? I've looked through the documentation - but I gotta say, Salesforce documentation has driven me nuts ever since I tried making this stupid sales order system.