• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have serious issue came up in my way. My company uses various opportunity custom fields in the SFDC platform. Now the issue i have is, I need to create a relationship between a picklist filed with two formula fields.

The idea is, whenever i'll select a value from picklist files, for ex: here 'Type of deal' is a picklist where it contains many values. But when user will select the value 'evaluation' on the edit page, then the 'evaluation expiration date' field (formula field) will show up in the detail page. For selecting other values in the picklist field, the formula field should be hidden.

Do you have any idea how this can be implemented in my org?

Please let me know. Any of your suggesstions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Su.
  • August 21, 2008
I have couple of opportunity custom fields. For this purpose i need to create a new custom formula field (Expiration Date) which display it's value by adding up the value of 'Installation Date' (Date field) and Contract Term (Number field). I'm trying in many ways.

Physically it should be :

Expiration date = Installation Date + Contract Term

Logically unable to make it.

Can you throw some light on this?

Thanks.

Message Edited by sprn on 08-15-2008 04:34 PM
  • August 15, 2008
Hi,

I am using developer edition. I created two users(incl myself) in the system.

The problem is the records created by user1 is not becoming visible to user2. For example, user1 and user2 can see and create a lead record individually but cannot see each others records. If user 1 creates a lead "Acme", user2 cannot see it and vice versa where both the users have field, object and record level permission granted on the lead object.

Lead: owned by members of     Public Group         Entire Organization
Share with                                    Public GroupEntire Organization
*Access Level
Read OnlyRead/Write

Even sharing the records manually didn't work. Is there any constraint in record sharing in developer edition or I am missing something?

Please help.

• May 01, 2008
What i need to do to view Sandbox feature under Set up> Data Management >Sandbox. As i don't see it currently in my developer edition.
  • April 14, 2008
    Do you have any idea about what is the difference between Forecasting and what is Customizable forecasting?
  • April 14, 2008
How to set  if i don't see some features while customizing any object. For ex: No 'custom link' option available under account object.

And also how to make visible  'Opportunity Forecast'  and 'forecast catagory' field under opprotunity related list??

Please let me know as i'm new to Salesforce and not being able to set it up.

• April 02, 2008
    How should i see currency management option in the company profile????
  • April 01, 2008
I have couple of opportunity custom fields. For this purpose i need to create a new custom formula field (Expiration Date) which display it's value by adding up the value of 'Installation Date' (Date field) and Contract Term (Number field). I'm trying in many ways.

Physically it should be :

Expiration date = Installation Date + Contract Term

Logically unable to make it.

Can you throw some light on this?

Thanks.

Message Edited by sprn on 08-15-2008 04:34 PM
  • August 15, 2008
Hi,

I am using developer edition. I created two users(incl myself) in the system.

The problem is the records created by user1 is not becoming visible to user2. For example, user1 and user2 can see and create a lead record individually but cannot see each others records. If user 1 creates a lead "Acme", user2 cannot see it and vice versa where both the users have field, object and record level permission granted on the lead object.

Lead: owned by members of     Public Group         Entire Organization
Share with                                    Public GroupEntire Organization
*Access Level
Read OnlyRead/Write

Even sharing the records manually didn't work. Is there any constraint in record sharing in developer edition or I am missing something?

Please help.

• May 01, 2008