• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Can you deploy field name changes via Force.com IDE? I am trying to overwrite a custom object definition and am getting the following error:

# Deploy Results:

Name: objects/Investment__c.object

Action: NO ACTION

Result: FAILED

Problem: There is already a field named Investors on Investor.

The source and target object definitions differ for the fields shown below:

Source 

<fields>

<fullName>Investor_Lookup__c</fullName>

<label>Investor Lookup</label>

<referenceTo>Account</referenceTo>

<relationshipLabel>Investments</relationshipLabel>

<relationshipName>Investors</relationshipName>

<type>Lookup</type>

</fields>

Target to be overwritten

<fields>

<fullName>Investor_Name__c</fullName>

<description>NEW</description>

<label>Investor Name</label>

<referenceTo>Account</referenceTo>

<relationshipLabel>Investments (Investor Name)</relationshipLabel>

<relationshipName>Investors</relationshipName>

<type>Lookup</type>

</fields>

Message Edited by SaiLavuMBL on 02-12-2009 04:12 PM

Hi guys, I am a new developer for SalesForce and am having some trouble finding documentation on some of the core functions.  I have found very basic documentation on the URLFOR function, but I can't find anything on the valid actions you can call from that function.  For instance, I have made a command button to close a case using the following button:

<apex:commandButton value="Close Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.CloseCase, Case.id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.account.View, Case.account.Id)])}"/>

It works great and performs as expected, but where can I find a list of all the other possible actions? 

The main thing I am looking for in particular is the action for changing the owner of a case.  I tried to use the following command button:

<apex:commandButton value="Transfer Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.ChangeOwner, Case.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)])}"/>

But based on the error I am getting when I click it, this seems to be something for mass changing of owners.  Is there a different action to just change the owner of the case currently in context? 

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi!

I'm currently writing an S-control to present some data from a ticket system. It's working fine, and I have it set up in the Contact Page Layout.

However, I would like it to be represented in the same manner as the Related List sections (i.e. Opportunies, Cases, Open Activities aso.)

Is that possible? When I try to drag an S-control to the Related List Section, an alert says: "S-controls must be placed in the field sections.".

Any workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Christian