• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

A current problem I has is that I need to make a case view (i have many) show different cases bases on what level of skill a particular user has.

I can not use profiles, as this group of users all belong to the same profile.

Example:

View A is showinf cases in Queue A

Queue A contains cases for products 1, 2 and 3

I have two analysts, one is proficient with products 1 and 2, the other analyst is proficient with products 2 and 3.

How do I make the view dynamic and show only cases with product 1 and 2 to the first analyst and only cases with product 2 and 3 to the other, allowing them both to see product #2?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ward

• May 01, 2009

Hello,

I've created a custom clone button for my support analysts to use so that no matter what status their case is in, and no matter what entitlement fields are populated, the newly cloned case will show a status of "New Incident" and all of the entitlement fields will be wiped clean.

Here is my code

/{!Case.Id}/e?clone=1&retURL=%{!Case.Id}&00N700000022SWB='New Incident'&00N700000028niR=&00N700000028niY=&00N700000028nir=&00N700000028niE=&00N700000028nid=

The code works nicely.  The problem I am running into now is that if someone click on the button to innitiate the clone, and them the do not save the clone and click cancel instead they get the "URL No Longer Exists" page.  The URL below is what is shown in the address bar...

https://cs3.salesforce.com/500/P0Q0000000cwJ9

If I just click the back arrow instead of cancel, the browser acts accordingly and goes back to...

https://cs3.salesforce.com/500Q0000000cwJ9

So, why is the "/P0" getting added when I click cancel, and how can I remedy this.

Cheers,

Ward

• May 01, 2009
Hi All,

I've been pulling my hair out on this one for the past few hours.

I'm running a CMD line data loader job to extract case data to send to Oracle.  I need to be able to extract the Owner Profile ID so that I can filter my results later in SQL.

Right now, my best sample SOQL I have for testing is this:

Select Id, CaseNumber, ContactId, AccountId, OwnerId, Case.Owner.ProfileID FROM Case WHERE CaseNumber = '00836387'

However the return for Case.Owner.ProfileID comes back as a blank field even though it has a value elsewhere.

Am I missing something here.

Cheers,
Ward
  • November 21, 2008
Hi...

I have a "Response Time" formula field that goes like this:
Response Time = (Actual_First_Response__c-CreatedDate) * 24

I want to be able to remove weekend days from the calculation to reflect our normal business hours.
While looking at some examples on your site I found this one below but I don't think this is exactly what I need:

CASE(MOD(My_Date__c - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7), 0, 1, 6, 1, 0) = 0

I would like to do something like this but it doesn't scale for incidents create two or three weeks ago along with those created on the weekend:

IF(CreatedDate = This Week) THEN (Actual_First_Response__c - (CreatedDate - Sunday This Week))

IF(CreatedDate = Last Week) THEN ((Actual_First_Response__c - Sunday This Week) + (Saturday Last Week -  CreatedDate))

ELSE (Actual_First_Response__c - CreatedDate) I guess...

Any recommendations on best way to proceed in order to do this?

Cheers,
Ward
  • November 13, 2008
Help!  I can't seem to figure out why this formula is not working.  I'm using it in a workflow rule on the case object.

AND(
(OR
(Account.Id = 0017000000Mwwnx),
(Account.Id = 0017000000Mwwao),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwPs),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwIQ),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwD1),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwUx),
(Account.Id = 0017000000Mwwnz)),
(ISPICKVAL( Incident_Priority__c , "1.High"),
ISPICKVAL( Request_Type__c  , "Product Issue"),
(RecordTypeId = 012700000009NR5),
(Actual_First_Response__c  <> ''))

I want any of those account IDs to be acceptable, and the rest of the criteria must be true.  I keep getting the error message tellnig me that I nee to add a )

Cheers,
Ward

Message Edited by geis6 on 11-07-2008 12:59 PM
  • November 07, 2008
Lets say I wanted to replace the (NOW()-31) in the formula below with an actual date, lets say 2008-08-18T00:00:00Z,what should be the correct syntax for this?  I have a power user that keeps telling me that he gets errors when ever he tries to create this field on the case object.

IF( AND(ISNULL(ClosedDate),CreatedDate < (NOW()-31)), 31*24

Thanks,
Ward
  • October 23, 2008
Thanks for looking at my topic.  I've searched byut have not been able to find an answer to this question.

If I am trying to override the view function of the accounts object with a VF page, how can I make sure that the page blocks on the custom VF page show lower in the view, and not right at the top above the related lists.

Here is my VF code for the page:

<apex:page standardController="Account">
  <apex:pageBlock title="Prod Portal info for {!account.name}">
  <a id="theLink" name="theLink" href="https://XXXXrsft.net/rcc/webapi/webapi.bin?username=XXXX&source=salesforce&typereport=config&tabno=201&zonename={!Account.Zone_Name_Prod_Portal__c}&format=html" target="_blank">Prod Portal Config</a><br></br>
  <iframe height="600px" id="theIframe" name="theIframe" src="https://XXXXrsft.net/rcc/webapi/webapi.bin?username=XXXX&source=salesforce&typereport=config&tabno=201&zonename={!Account.Zone_Name_Prod_Portal__c}&format=html" width="100%"></iframe><br></br>
  <a id="theLink" name="theLink" href="https://XXXXrsft.net/rcc/webapi/webapi.bin?username=XXXX&source=salesforce&typereport=build&tabno=201&zonename={!Account.Zone_Name_Prod_Portal__c}&format=html" target="_blank">Zone Build History</a>
  </apex:pageBlock>
  <apex:detail subject="{!account}"/>                 
  </apex:page>

Obviously, XXXX is representing sensitive data.

Thanks for your help and ideas.

Cheers,
Ward
  • August 06, 2008
I'm using the Entitlements feature to track my SLA.  Basically what I'm looking for is a field that will populate with the Date of the entitled resolution, if the closed date is greater than the entitled response date.  Here is the formaul that I am working with:

IF( Entitled_Resolve_Time__c  >  ClosedDate,
Entitled_Resolve_Time__c, )

I suppose I should be looking for Entitled response +1 for the date that is goes over, but, baby steps.

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,
Ward
  • June 03, 2008
Hi,

I'm trying to create an image field that would populate the red flag image (/img/samples/flag_red.gif) when the boolean operator "HasCommentsUnreadBy Owner" is set to true.  It can either have a no flag, or the green flag (/img/samples/flag_green.gif) when the operator is set to false.

I've tried a variety of "IF" formulas with no sucess actually displaying the image.  I can get text to show up based on the formula's conditions.

Here are just some of the formulas I've tried:

IF(HasCommentsUnreadByOwner, "/img/samples/flag_red.gif", "/s.gif") - Doesn't wortk

IF(HasCommentsUnreadByOwner=True, "YES", "NO") - Works but this is not the image I prefer

IMAGE(
"/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=" &
IF(
HasCommentsUnreadByOwner=True,
"015R00000000iqS",
IF(
HasCommentsUnreadByOwner=False,
"015R00000000iqT"
)    -----Syntax is wrong on this one, I thried adding the pictures to the docs tab.

Can somone lend assistance?  Also, anyone have some good sources on formulas and sytax and learning them?

Cheers,
Ward

• May 19, 2008
I'm trying to perform a data dump of Case data for further crunchin in Excel, my users have no use for "OwnerId" and would prefer the actual name of the primary owner.  I thought I could do this witha relationship query, but I can't seem to get it to work.  Salesforce Support tells me that getting the Name of the Primary owner while Querying the Case object is not possible, I'm not sure I belive the first line support rep that told me this.

Does anyone have any experience doing something like this?  Can someone help me out with my code?  I see in Apex Explorer that Case is a child of the user object.

Select Id, CaseNumber, CreatedDate, Account.Name, Account.Industry, Contact.Name, Product__c, Component__c, Sub_Component__c, Status, OwnerId, Request_Type__c, Incident_Priority__c, Version__c, Origin, Root_Cause__c, ESC_Status__c, Integration_Type__c, Zone_Type__c, Actual_First_Response__c, ClosedDate, TT_Number__c, Subject FROM Case WHERE RecordTypeId = '012700000009NR5'

Cheers,

Ward

• May 19, 2008

A current problem I has is that I need to make a case view (i have many) show different cases bases on what level of skill a particular user has.

I can not use profiles, as this group of users all belong to the same profile.

Example:

View A is showinf cases in Queue A

Queue A contains cases for products 1, 2 and 3

I have two analysts, one is proficient with products 1 and 2, the other analyst is proficient with products 2 and 3.

How do I make the view dynamic and show only cases with product 1 and 2 to the first analyst and only cases with product 2 and 3 to the other, allowing them both to see product #2?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ward

• May 01, 2009
Hi All,

I've been pulling my hair out on this one for the past few hours.

I'm running a CMD line data loader job to extract case data to send to Oracle.  I need to be able to extract the Owner Profile ID so that I can filter my results later in SQL.

Right now, my best sample SOQL I have for testing is this:

Select Id, CaseNumber, ContactId, AccountId, OwnerId, Case.Owner.ProfileID FROM Case WHERE CaseNumber = '00836387'

However the return for Case.Owner.ProfileID comes back as a blank field even though it has a value elsewhere.

Am I missing something here.

Cheers,
Ward
  • November 21, 2008
Help!  I can't seem to figure out why this formula is not working.  I'm using it in a workflow rule on the case object.

AND(
(OR
(Account.Id = 0017000000Mwwnx),
(Account.Id = 0017000000Mwwao),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwPs),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwIQ),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwD1),
(Account.Id = 0017000000MwwUx),
(Account.Id = 0017000000Mwwnz)),
(ISPICKVAL( Incident_Priority__c , "1.High"),
ISPICKVAL( Request_Type__c  , "Product Issue"),
(RecordTypeId = 012700000009NR5),
(Actual_First_Response__c  <> ''))

I want any of those account IDs to be acceptable, and the rest of the criteria must be true.  I keep getting the error message tellnig me that I nee to add a )

Cheers,
Ward

Message Edited by geis6 on 11-07-2008 12:59 PM
  • November 07, 2008
When I create a report to include Case Comments it shows the case on the report (X however many comments there are as follows);

If I have 2 Case Comments the Case reports twice and the record count is 2. Even though the case is really (1) case.

Is there anyway to run a report by case with case comments and only have the case show up as one record

Hopefully there is an easy answer here, thanks
I'm using the Entitlements feature to track my SLA.  Basically what I'm looking for is a field that will populate with the Date of the entitled resolution, if the closed date is greater than the entitled response date.  Here is the formaul that I am working with:

IF( Entitled_Resolve_Time__c  >  ClosedDate,
Entitled_Resolve_Time__c, )

I suppose I should be looking for Entitled response +1 for the date that is goes over, but, baby steps.

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,
Ward
  • June 03, 2008
Hi,

I'm trying to create an image field that would populate the red flag image (/img/samples/flag_red.gif) when the boolean operator "HasCommentsUnreadBy Owner" is set to true.  It can either have a no flag, or the green flag (/img/samples/flag_green.gif) when the operator is set to false.

I've tried a variety of "IF" formulas with no sucess actually displaying the image.  I can get text to show up based on the formula's conditions.

Here are just some of the formulas I've tried:

IF(HasCommentsUnreadByOwner, "/img/samples/flag_red.gif", "/s.gif") - Doesn't wortk

IF(HasCommentsUnreadByOwner=True, "YES", "NO") - Works but this is not the image I prefer

IMAGE(
"/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=" &
IF(
HasCommentsUnreadByOwner=True,
"015R00000000iqS",
IF(
HasCommentsUnreadByOwner=False,
"015R00000000iqT"
)    -----Syntax is wrong on this one, I thried adding the pictures to the docs tab.

Can somone lend assistance?  Also, anyone have some good sources on formulas and sytax and learning them?

Cheers,
Ward

• May 19, 2008
I'm trying to perform a data dump of Case data for further crunchin in Excel, my users have no use for "OwnerId" and would prefer the actual name of the primary owner.  I thought I could do this witha relationship query, but I can't seem to get it to work.  Salesforce Support tells me that getting the Name of the Primary owner while Querying the Case object is not possible, I'm not sure I belive the first line support rep that told me this.

Does anyone have any experience doing something like this?  Can someone help me out with my code?  I see in Apex Explorer that Case is a child of the user object.

Select Id, CaseNumber, CreatedDate, Account.Name, Account.Industry, Contact.Name, Product__c, Component__c, Sub_Component__c, Status, OwnerId, Request_Type__c, Incident_Priority__c, Version__c, Origin, Root_Cause__c, ESC_Status__c, Integration_Type__c, Zone_Type__c, Actual_First_Response__c, ClosedDate, TT_Number__c, Subject FROM Case WHERE RecordTypeId = '012700000009NR5'

Cheers,

Ward

• May 19, 2008
    Hello. 

I have an odd issue that appears to have been occuring since users were given the Console view.  When cloning a case we override the retURL to redirect to an integration s-control.  All is fine and well when you do this outside of the Console as the javascript is: window.top.location.href = redirectURL.

Great.  the problem is that this fails with the Console is sends the user outside of by virtue of 'window.top'.  Now, if I replace that line with: window.location.href = redirectURL, it works while int he Console, but when cloning a case in the normal tab view, only the right frame is affected, and it looks off.

Is it possible to use something like document.referrer to tell me if they're in the Console and then to set the location accordingly?  In playing around, this is what I get as the referrer when cloning a case in the Console:

https://tapp0.salesforce.com/50050000003d5dq/e?clone=1&retURL=%2F50050000003d5dq%3Fisdtp%3Dmn%26retURL%3D%2Fui%2Fdesktop%2FDesktopMainDefaultPage%3Fisdtp%3Dmn&scontrolCaching=1&isdtp=mn

Has anyone had to do something like this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Bryan
Salesforce cases have a specific user as Case owner; our organization has a turnover very fast during a day, so we need to change case ownership from one user to another.

Our issues are:

• Currently, only the Team Leader user or the current owner can change case ownership: how can we manage the need of change in case of vacation or day-off? Is it possible to give only the "change case ownership" grant to all normal users, avoiding the "delete case grant"?
  • Cases Reminder objects (alerts) are shown only to the current case owner. Is it possible to make them available for every user?
In a few words, our organization would have available a "users group" case ownership instead of a "specific user" case ownership.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Simone
  • January 23, 2008
Hi all

I have a query regarding UPSERT functionality of Apex Data Loader.I have a field value in Accounts where i want to change the value to NULL using UPSERT for all the existing records.But when i do that, the value still remains. Cant we update the value to NULL using UPSERT if there is any existing value??

Any help would be highly appreciable!!!

Thanks in Advance