• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

Is it possible to make the standard Close Date field to be NOT required?  I cannot even remove it from the page layout, it does not move.

Basically, the Sales users cannot predict when the Oppty would be closed so they are reluctant to enter the Close Date field.

Thanks

I can provide assitance in the following areas at a resonable rate for $40 per hour (negotiable).

1. Organization and Administration of different Salesforce modules.
  2. Customization
  3. Security and Access
  4. Workflows, Approvals, tasks
  5. Marketing Administration
  6. Service and Support Administration.
    - Data Migration involving Cleansing, De-Duplication, Preserving relationships and data Integrity. I can be reached on suma_anand04@hotmail.com

Hi, 

I understand that in Enterprise edition you can perform the Backup of data in the following way:-

Setup –> Data Management –> Data Export. Schedule. Every week you will get a zip file which has Salesforce data.

My question is:-
If the data goes corrupt or for some reason in lost in the org (Sandbox/prod), how will I use this zip file to RECOVER the data again into the org?

Message Edited by Krishnam76 on 04-17-2009 02:12 PM

Hi there,

This is my code, and I am only trying to make a Trigger that will update/insert the value TSK in the Type_Task field each time a new task is created or updated.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
trigger UpdateTaskType on Task (before insert, before update) {

for (Task ta:trigger.new)
{
    if(ta.Type_Task1__c != 'TSK'){
       ta.Type_Task1__c == 'TSK');

}

}
}

//////////////////////////////////////

I have created this using Eclipse but it show red cross, which means there is an error with the code. Can some one advice how to get this working?

Thanks

Hi there,

I have a custom link which behaves like a standard "View Hierarchy Link" on the Accounts object. The problem is you can place the custom link in the certain section only.

I would like to move this link closer to the standard link so they both are close and the user can click on any of them. Is this possible using Visual force?

Thanks
Hi there,

I would like to make records under different objects "Inactive" - that means when the user clicks on the DELETE button he thinks that the record is deleted but it should actually be MARKED as INACTIVE so that we can restore it back anytime.

I do not want these records to move over to the recycle bin - as eventually they all get deleted.

What is the best approach to acheive such a solution?

Thanks
Hi there,

I generated an APEX class from the following WSDL file - http://sdpws.strikeiron.com/sdpZIPCodeInfo?WSDL from strikeiron.

I then created the following APEX Trigger -

trigger UpdateCounty on Lead (before insert, before update)
{
        for (Lead lead: System.Trigger.new) {
               if (lead.County__c == null){
               wwwStrikeironCom.SDPZipCodesSoap oZipCodeLookup = new wwwStrikeironCom.SDPZipCodesSoap();
               oZipCodeLookup.LicenseInfo = new wsStrikeironCom.LicenseInfo();
               oZipCodeLookup.LicenseInfo.RegisteredUser = new wsStrikeironCom.RegisteredUser();
               oZipCodeLookup.LicenseInfo.RegisteredUser.UserID = 'sanand@kbb.com';
               oZipCodeLookup.LicenseInfo.RegisteredUser.Password = 'sumajee76';
               wwwStrikeironCom.ZipCodeOutput oLookupResult = oZipCodeLookup.GetZipCode(lead.County__c);
               lead.County__c = oLookupResult.ServiceResult.ZipCodes.ZipCodeInfo[1].County;

}
        }
}

I need to be able to automatically populate the COUNTY field under LEADS object based off the info the user enters in the web-to-lead form. That means, the zipcode should be captured and based off this COUNTY field should be updated or filled in the LEADS form.

When I create the new LEAD and enter zipcode - hoping that when this record is saved I would see the COUNTY field uploaded - it gives me this error message;-

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Force.com Sandbox

Apex script unhandled trigger exception by user/organization: 005300000010lx0/00DT0000000F6LV

UpdateCounty: execution of BeforeInsert

caused by: System.CalloutException: Callout from triggers are currently not supported.

Class.wwwStrikeironCom.SDPZipCodesSoap.GetZipCode: line 94, column 13

Trigger.UpdateCounty: line 10, column 63

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: 2010-May-24  - This position has now been filled.

My prior post was cutoff, so here is complete one:

I've been live with Group Edition for 6+ months.  I've got the basics but can no longer Admin.  I need an individual/guru
(not a consulting firm) who will help me:

1) Understand my business and suggest how I can best use all of SF functionality.  In other words, once I explain what
I do, I want you to tell me how my application should be setup, regardless of how it is currently setup.
2) Update/tweak my live application to meet my needs, including:
- Do whatever is agreed from #1
- Better Customize layouts & fields, better use of Tabs, etc
- Write basic workflow rules or create workarounds
- Create useful reports based on my specs
3) Provide ongoing but minimal support (few hrs/month). 

My primary use of SF is as a very sophisticated online Rolodex.  I don’t track leads from websites or sales pipelines,
or even opportunities.  I do save a large amount of information about each contact and need help better organizing, tracking
and reporting on such. 

I speak "sales" not "SF"...  in other words, you need to communicate with me in English, not in Salesforce-ese, which
means, I don't care how it's done, so long as it works :-)

Finally, if your resume/website, says you: "consult to numerous F500s" or "provide training to sales forces of all sizes"...
this is probably not right for you.   I’ve hired dozens of freelancers over 20+ years: I have a very good idea of both: how
complicated my requirements are (not very) and how long they should take to implement (not much.)  This will never amount
to enough to pay your mortgage, but at the same time: my needs are not demanding and my turnaround time is quite
reasonable.  I'm looking for the guy/gal who is smart, already has a full-time job/gigs and who is just looking to pick-up a
little additional work. 

Please reply with
- Experience and/or URL to website
- Hourly rate, minimum and anything else I need to know about your fees
- Contact info

Thanks!
Maurey

Looking for experienced SF Admin to help loading data and mass updates for marketing campaign management.  We are located in Toronto and would prefer a local resource.

Hi there,

This is my code, and I am only trying to make a Trigger that will update/insert the value TSK in the Type_Task field each time a new task is created or updated.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
trigger UpdateTaskType on Task (before insert, before update) {

for (Task ta:trigger.new)
{
    if(ta.Type_Task1__c != 'TSK'){
       ta.Type_Task1__c == 'TSK');

}

}
}

//////////////////////////////////////

I have created this using Eclipse but it show red cross, which means there is an error with the code. Can some one advice how to get this working?

Thanks

Hi there,

I would like to provide my services on volunteer basis in the following areas:-

- SFDC Customization & Administration
- Data Migration involving Cleansing, De-Duplication, Preserving relationships and data Integrity
- I can also provide live production support that may invlove troubleshooting or debugging code in Triggers or Scontrols.

I have also received formal Training from Salesforce.com and Microtek ; for ADM 201, ADM 301 and ADM -320 the Developer Course.

I am Salesforce Certified Level 1 and looking to get some projects on volunteer basis related to Salesforce Administrative Type. I can also provide some good references as well as work samples on request. You can reach me on suma_anand04@hotmail.com for more information.

Thanks