Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We are currently facing the following  error in the visualforce page:
System.Exception: Too many fields describes: 11
I assume this  is because
Schema.SObjectType.Features__c.fields.getMap(); is getting called multiple times and exceeding the VF limit.
I tried using  Describeresult instead of getMap.
For Example: Schema.DescribeFieldResult F = Account.AccountNumber.getDescribe(); 

But the Object and the field name has to be dynamic in our case.  I need to know if theres any way where we can pass the object and field dynamically in the DescribeFieldResult statement .

So could anyone suggest some solution to this problem?
  • April 21, 2009

We are currently facing an issue in invoking the webservice via Http callout.

We are getting the following error while invoking the webservice:

System.CalloutException: Read timed out

Can anyone explain when this error occurs and the possible solution for this?

Any help is highly appreciated.

• April 03, 2009
I am writing a SOQL query where both field name and field value should be dynamic.  Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Please provide some example.
  • July 22, 2008
I am writing a SOQL query where both field name and field value should be dynamic.  Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Please provide some example.
  • July 22, 2008
How to add a Browse button in a visualforce screen, such that on click of the button, will browse the desktop and shows the list of  documents on the desktop?
And one of the selected document should be saved in the field.

• July 15, 2008
How to get the "GO!" button,Help  for this page ,and recently viewed dropdown in VF.
if somebody is using <apex:listViews.....

• July 03, 2008
Here is the sample code ;

#  P will hold the Price code at sequence number i

#   len is a Integer variable which has the value 7;
#  m1 is the Model number wanted and is present in Price code sequenced 3

for(Integer i=1;i<=len;i++)
{
P = [Select Price_Code__c FROM Cpt_Price_Code__c WHERE Cust_Price_Type__c = :'MONP' and Sequence_Number__c  = : i].Price_Code__c ;
Price=[select Model_Number__c, New_Price__c from Std_Price_list__c where Model_Number__c  like: m1 and Price_Code__c like : P];
break;}

First fetch the price code of the sequence number" i "( 1,2,3,4,5,6,7) then go to Object STD price list and search for the model Number in that respective price code

if found then get the New Price associated with that model Number and break;

If Not Found continue;

PROBLEM: it is doing the process only once , and coming back with no values as the result is in 3., no iteration is happening

P.S..if i give direct values as i=3   
for(Integer i=3;i<=3;i++) then the code is working perfectly .as the result is in 3.

Pls Help how to go to every list and search and fetch the value.

• June 12, 2008
In the Apex Code am working right now , i need to increase the capacity of my lists to more than 1000, How do i do it dynamically ? A solution would be of gr8 help
  • June 10, 2008
  • July 22, 2008
I am having issues creating customer portal user using the API. Following is the sample code snippet.

Contact cc = new Contact();
    cc.FirstName = ' test';
    cc.LastName='dd';
    List <Contact> insertCon = new List<Contact> ();
    insertCon.add(cc);
    insert insertCon;

User insertUser = new User();
    insertUser.Username='dddd@test.com';
    insertUser.LastName='Name';
    insertUser.Email='ddd@test.com';
    insertUser.Alias='dddd';
    insertUser.TimeZoneSidKey='America/Los_Angeles';
    insertUser.LocaleSidKey='en_US';
    insertUser.EmailEncodingKey='UTF-8';
    insertUser.ProfileId='00eT0000000e5yN';
    insertUser.LanguageLocaleKey='en_US';
    insertUser.UserRoleId='00ET0000000muU0';
    insertUser.ContactId=cc.Id;
    insertUser.isActive=true;
    List <User> insertUsers = new List<User> ();

insertUsers.add(insertUser);

insert insertUsers;

I am getting the following error:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, Invalid role assignment.

The values for profile and role IDs are from an existing customer portal user. This being the case, I am not sure why the error log indicates that there is an issue with the role assignment. If it is an issue, I don't know how to determine the correct profile and role when creating the user. Should I be looking for a specific type of role or profile?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chitra

This may sound like a dumb question but I will break it into multiple parts in order to make answering it somewhat easier?!?

1) How can I change the backgroud color for my VF page?
2) Are stylesheets the only way to control the look and feel of the page? If so, then where and how can I edit stylesheets to get what I need?
3) Does salesforce have any sample stylesheets which I can view/edit to get the page to look how I want?  If so, once I find out where they are, how can I edit them and upload back into my VF application to get desired behavior?

This aspect of visualforce has been really frustrating so far as I am not a CSS expert and am used to the regular old HTML and javascript page manipulation. 

For example, I have a datatable component which uses the styleclass of "list" but if I remove the styleclass then it looks all dumb.  If I leave styleclass out, I cannot specify the columnwidths without an internal server error from salesforce.  I simply want a neat looking table with a column containing an input field.  Right now my column with the input field is huge compared to my other 2 columns and I cannot find an easy way to control this.

Maybe I am missing something big here and that is why I could be asking a stupid question but either way someone please advise...Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks