• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Prosperworks LLC is a Sunnyvale based company with offshore development center in India. We provide consulting services for application development on the Force.com platform.

Propserworks provides end-to-end solutions that include customization, integration, and training to ensure successful roll-out of Salesforce.com. Our team of expert analysts, developers and administrators will work with you to move your custom processes and existing legacy applications to the cloud. Thus, Prosperworks reduces your capital and operational expenses while providing highly customized solutions to meet your needs.

Contact us at  info@prosperworks.com.

• November 15, 2010

I am trying to create a master-detail layout with a panelgrid. The grid would contain 2 columns, a list of contacts on left hand side and the contact detail on the right hand side. However, I would like the panelgrid to be auto resizable i.e.. on initial load, when only the contact list is displayed the panel grid would occupy 100% width. When a user chooses a specific record, the detail is displayed and the panelgrid columns autoresize to 50% width. Is this possible?

• May 12, 2010
Hi, I am trying to set some fields that have a non-null value to null using the Partner WSDL. However this doesn't seem to work. Can somebody tell me how to do this? Thanks.
  • March 04, 2010
I have a custom email form where I am trying to load a text email template. I am querying the "Body" field in the  EmailTemplate object and assigning this to an apex:inputtextarea. The email loaded into the text area has the linefeed characters truncated and appears in one line. What am I doing worng here?
  • August 17, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use a standardsetController in conjunction with standard list view. Since, my data base has more than 10,000 objects, if I do not LIMIT the number of records returned by the database.getQueryLocator method, then I get an error - Too many query locator rows: 10001

Here's the code snippet that returns the record set -

public ApexPages.StandardSetController setCon {
            get {
               if(setCon == null) {

setCon = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(database.getqueryLocator([SELECT name,Home_Phone__c,Work_Phone__c,Mobile_Phone__c,email__c,Email2__c,City__c from Candidate__c LIMIT 10000]));

}
               return setCon;
              }
            set;
       }
public List<Candidate__c> getCandidates() {
           setCon.setPageSize(25);
           return (List<Candidate__c>)setCon.getRecords();
       }

However, if I add a LIMIT CLAUSE to my SOQL query, then, when I change the ListView filter to give me a list of objects where the state is set to "CA", I get the following error -

ORDER BY Name ASC LIMIT 10000 WHERE ((State__c = 'CA')) ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:133 unexpected token: WHERE

Message Edited by trish on 03-16-2009 01:52 PM
  • March 16, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Amazon S3 and salesforce. I have created an Apex class from the S3 WSDl using WSDL2Apex. When the S3 copyObject method is invoked, I get the following exception 

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2006-03-01/=CopyObjectResponse

However, the object copy from one bucket to another is successful. Can somebody help me with understanding this exception?

I tried debugging the using Force.com IDE and the response seems to be the one expected for a successful COPY operation.

Message Edited by trish on 03-03-2009 10:52 PM
  • March 04, 2009
Hi,

I have an Apex class that communicates with a .NET Web Service. The Web Service response is exceeding 100 KB. Is there a work around to this 100 KB limit?

• December 01, 2008
I am using the <apex:inputTextArea> component with richtext = true. When this attribute is set to true, the height of the textarea seems to be fixed. How can I change the height?
  • November 20, 2008
I am trying to emulate the behavior of the Contact List Sample app, with a custom object. I have a panel grid with 2 columns. On the left, I retrieve a set of Candidates and on clicking each row, I am trying to refresh the right hand side with the detail for the selected candidate. When I try to rerender just the detail, I get a Javascript "Unknown runtime error". However, if the page makes a roundtrip to the server, the Detail gets refreshed. Is this a bug??

If it helps. this only happens on IE, not on Firefox. Also, I have enabled relatedlisthover on the <apex:detail> tag and hover detail is partly out of the browser page....Am I doing something wrong here??

Message Edited by trish on 10-16-2008 01:31 PM
  • October 16, 2008
I have the following requirement -

I am implementing a search functionality to query a custom object based on certain criteria. I would like to display the result set in an <apex:enhancedlist>. Is this possible ?

• October 14, 2008

Title: Deployment / Data Migration Lead

Duration: 6-12 months

Our client is moving their CRM application to Salesforce.com. The application deployment is in process. Now they need a Lead to take care of Data Migration initiative. This is a high visibility position that requires interaction with business owners, power users and the implementation team.

Qualification:

• 10-15 years of experience in IT/SDLC with at least 6-8 years in Lead / Managerial role
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Experience in Leading large teams
  • Ability to understand, implement and utilize processes
  • Proven experience in leading data migration projects
  • Experience in large scale data migration to SalesForce. The database is Oracle.
  • Willingness to work extra hours as per project demands. There is provision for overtime in the budget.
  • Good knowledge and experience in PM methodologies
  • Ability to provide industry references during the hiring process

The compensation will be comparable to the best in the industry. This is a contract position with a possibility of it turning into a permanent role based on mutual interest.

If interested, please forward your profile to sunil.phatak@akraya.com

• September 23, 2008
Is there a way to send email to custom objects? I have a candidate object and many requirements to autopopulate the "To" field with a specific candidate and I'm unable to do this.

• September 19, 2008
Hi,

I have a requirement of creating a wizard to extract data copy pasted into a textArea and populating a custom object's fields. I tried using <inputField> tag with appropraite bindings. However, when I set the field value through apex controller code, the UI does not reflect this change.

As a workaround, I used <inputtext>. Value updates through code are refelected on the VF page but the values don't persist on wizard navigation i.e if I go to the next page and come back, the values are lost.

Appreciate any help on this!!!!

Thanks.
  • August 21, 2008
Is it possible to include a mail merge field on a lookup/master detail relationship field? For e.:- I am trying to create an email template on objX__c where I need a merge field on objX__c.objy__r.FieldName. If it is not possible, then, is there a workaround?

Thanks
  • August 07, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to retrieve the records from a custom object dynamically and display it in S-Control as a list. My code works as long as there are more than 1 record, the query works correctly. However, if there is only 1 record, then "for" loop is skipped in the following code snippet is skipped. Value "qr.records.length" is set to undefined. Am I doing something wrong here?

var qr = sforce.connection.query("SELECT ID, Contact__c from CCList__c");
   for(i=0;i<qr.records.length;i++)
   {
     ....... Logic for displaying the record.....
   }

• July 25, 2008
Hello,

I have been trying to get the "Many-to-Many relationship using multiselect picklist example" (http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Create_a_many_to_many_relationship_with_a_multi-select_picklist) to work. However, I get a javascript error "DuelingListBoxesElement is undefined" error when I try to move the selection from one list box to another. This error seems to be stemming from the javascript function used i.e. moveOptions(<param list> )

Am I missing a library reference? Appreciate your help in advance.

Message Edited by trish on 07-23-2008 10:26 AM

Message Edited by trish on 07-23-2008 10:26 AM
  • July 23, 2008
Hi,

I am trying to incorporate a multiselect lookup control. But I was wondering if there is a way to override the list that is displayed in the standard lookup dialog , so that I can add a check box to that list. The idea is to retain the search functionality from the standard lookup dialog and have a custom logic to display the list and also update the field associated with the list.

Appreciate any help, in advance.
  • July 23, 2008
Hi,

I am new to SFDC and Apex code development. Is there a way to do a full text search on attachments using Apex/Force.com APIs ? Also, are there any kind of file operations (read/write) APIs?

Thanks
  • July 11, 2008
Hello,

We're developing an application on Force.com platform that will require a number of document attachments for various objects. We will be needing storage space and capabilities in addition to the default storage that comes with Force.com license. Appreciate any suggestions regarding third party data storage providers that has worked for other Force.com applications.

Thanks
  • July 10, 2008
Per one of the sessions at Tour de Force, Santa Clara, a new feature for Summer 08 is the Force.com Developer Sandbox? Can somebody tell me about enabling this?

Thanks,
Trish
  • July 09, 2008
Hi, I am trying to set some fields that have a non-null value to null using the Partner WSDL. However this doesn't seem to work. Can somebody tell me how to do this? Thanks.
  • March 04, 2010

This Javscript within a VF Page:

var dhtml = '<table>';

for(var i=0; i < objCollection.length; i++){

dhtml += '<div>' + objCollection[i].someProperty + '</div>';

}

dhtml += '</table>';

Is being HTML encoded and rendered to the browser as:

var dhtml = '&lt;table&gt;';

for(var i=0; i &lt; objCollection.length; i++){

dhtml += '&lt;div&gt;' + objCollection[i].someProperty + '&lt;/div&gt;';

}

dhtml += '&lt;/table&gt;';

Does inline Javascript need to be wrapped in any particular apex control to disable HTML encoding? 

I noticed apex outputText values can be wrapped in encoding macros, but I prefer not to emit inline javascript from controller properties.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to provide!

-Mike 

I have a custom email form where I am trying to load a text email template. I am querying the "Body" field in the  EmailTemplate object and assigning this to an apex:inputtextarea. The email loaded into the text area has the linefeed characters truncated and appears in one line. What am I doing worng here?
  • August 17, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use a standardsetController in conjunction with standard list view. Since, my data base has more than 10,000 objects, if I do not LIMIT the number of records returned by the database.getQueryLocator method, then I get an error - Too many query locator rows: 10001

Here's the code snippet that returns the record set -

public ApexPages.StandardSetController setCon {
            get {
               if(setCon == null) {

setCon = new ApexPages.StandardSetController(database.getqueryLocator([SELECT name,Home_Phone__c,Work_Phone__c,Mobile_Phone__c,email__c,Email2__c,City__c from Candidate__c LIMIT 10000]));

}
               return setCon;
              }
            set;
       }
public List<Candidate__c> getCandidates() {
           setCon.setPageSize(25);
           return (List<Candidate__c>)setCon.getRecords();
       }

However, if I add a LIMIT CLAUSE to my SOQL query, then, when I change the ListView filter to give me a list of objects where the state is set to "CA", I get the following error -

ORDER BY Name ASC LIMIT 10000 WHERE ((State__c = 'CA')) ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:133 unexpected token: WHERE

Message Edited by trish on 03-16-2009 01:52 PM
  • March 16, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Amazon S3 and salesforce. I have created an Apex class from the S3 WSDl using WSDL2Apex. When the S3 copyObject method is invoked, I get the following exception 

System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: Unable to parse callout response. Apex type not found for element http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2006-03-01/=CopyObjectResponse

However, the object copy from one bucket to another is successful. Can somebody help me with understanding this exception?

I tried debugging the using Force.com IDE and the response seems to be the one expected for a successful COPY operation.

Message Edited by trish on 03-03-2009 10:52 PM
  • March 04, 2009
Hi,

I have an Apex class that communicates with a .NET Web Service. The Web Service response is exceeding 100 KB. Is there a work around to this 100 KB limit?

• December 01, 2008
I am using the <apex:inputTextArea> component with richtext = true. When this attribute is set to true, the height of the textarea seems to be fixed. How can I change the height?
  • November 20, 2008
Is there a way to send email to custom objects? I have a candidate object and many requirements to autopopulate the "To" field with a specific candidate and I'm unable to do this.

• September 19, 2008
There are two VF Pages
X is parent vf page and Y is pop up vf page
there is a commandlink on Y page
and two <apex:param> component on pop vf page
There is one Command Link on X parent page on click of which Y pop up page will open.

Source Code:

X Page [parent page]:

<apex:page standardController="POS__c" extensions="PointOfSale" tabStyle="POS__c">
<script type="text/javascript">
function openclient()
{
     var clt = window.open("{!$Page.clientlookup}?ctxt=client&ctid=clientid","lookup","width=750,height=390");     
}
</script>
<apex:form id="frmpos">
<apex:pageBlock title="New Ticket" id="pos">
<apex:inputText value="{!clientId}" id="client"/>
<apex:commandLink onclick="openclient();return false();">
</apex:commandLink>
<apex:inputText id="clientid"/>
Y Page [pop up Page]:

<apex:page controller="ClientLookUp" showHeader="false" tabStyle="Client__c" sidebar="false" wizard="true">
               <script type="text/javascript">
                window.opener.document.getElementById('clientId').value = '{!$CurrentPageReference.parameters.cid}';
                alert('{!$CurrentPageReference.parameters.cid}');
                return false;               
               </script>
<apex:form id="list">
<apex:pageblock title="Select Client">   
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Client List" id="result">   
<apex:outputPanel id="rlist" title="Result">
            <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!searchresult}" var="clt" columns="5"  id="list" width="100%">        
                <apex:column value="{!clt.Name}"/>
                <apex:column >         
                    <apex:facet name="header"><b>Client</b></apex:facet>         
                    <apex:commandLink id="classtype" onclick="setvalue();">               
                    <apex:param name="cid" value="{!clt.Id}"/>
                    <apex:param name="ccode" value="{!clt.Client__c}"/>
                    {!clt.Client__c}        
                    </apex:commandLink>   
                </apex:column>   
            </apex:pageBlockTable>  
          </apex:outputPanel>
        </apex:pageBlockSection> 
    </apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

ERRORS:
1. Onclick of commandLink on Y Page it gives error "window.opener.document is null or not an object".
2. {!$CurrentPageReference.parameters.cid} is blank.

for first error i tried "window.opener.document.form.client.value", "window.opener.form.client.value" but error remains same.

any help/suggesions are greatly appreciated.......

Thanks

Is it possible to include a mail merge field on a lookup/master detail relationship field? For e.:- I am trying to create an email template on objX__c where I need a merge field on objX__c.objy__r.FieldName. If it is not possible, then, is there a workaround?

Thanks
  • August 07, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to retrieve the records from a custom object dynamically and display it in S-Control as a list. My code works as long as there are more than 1 record, the query works correctly. However, if there is only 1 record, then "for" loop is skipped in the following code snippet is skipped. Value "qr.records.length" is set to undefined. Am I doing something wrong here?

var qr = sforce.connection.query("SELECT ID, Contact__c from CCList__c");
   for(i=0;i<qr.records.length;i++)
   {
     ....... Logic for displaying the record.....
   }

• July 25, 2008
Hi,
I am calling a external web service in a Visual force Controller and getting the following error:
Parser was expecting element 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope' but found ':html'

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
NG
Hello,

We're developing an application on Force.com platform that will require a number of document attachments for various objects. We will be needing storage space and capabilities in addition to the default storage that comes with Force.com license. Appreciate any suggestions regarding third party data storage providers that has worked for other Force.com applications.

Thanks
  • July 10, 2008