• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Anyone know what the field name is used to store the sort order for quote line items?

The equivalent for opp line items is called "SortOrder"

I want to query and order by this field....

thanks in advance,

dale

• March 23, 2012

Can someone try the inputTextarea tag and see if the style attribute performs as expected, 5px?

<apex:page standardController="foo__c" title="foo Edit: {!foo__c.Name}" tabStyle="foo__c">
<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="foo Edit" mode="edit">
<apex:inputTextarea value="{!foo__c.bar__c}" id="
theInputTextarea" richText="true" style="width:5px;" />
    </apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

When i run this code i do not get 5px, looks like i get the fckeditor default width of 100%. Same behavior with "cols" atrribute.

Thanks in advance, Dale.

• June 23, 2009

I have a workflow rule that works fine when a Case is created via the browser with the "Send notification to contact" ticked.

When a self-service user opens a new Case in the portal, we rely on the "Case Auto-Response Rule" that is enabled to accomplish the same "send notification task to contact"(or should I say Email Message object).

I assume that the "Case Auto-Response Rule" fires off an Email Message object, versus some other Task or Activity (obviously a Email Message object workflow rule would not fire on tasks or activities).

Any idea why this rule doesn't fire when a self service case is created via the portal. The criteria all evaluate to true (ie. the relevant fields are either null or 'New'?

Workflow Rule

Object Email Message
Active Checked
Evaluation Criteria When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria
Rule Criteria Case: Actual Response Time equals null

Field Update

Object Email Message
Field to Update Case: Actual Response Time
Field Data Type Date/Time
Formula Value now()

Case Auto Response Rule
Active Checked

Rule Entries

Case: Status equals New
Sent From: Developer Account (accounting+newportalcase@gmail.com)
Template: Support: Case Created (Web Self Serv)

A seperate issue i have is not being able to find any log entries for self serv cases, again here, log entries for browser based new cases shows everything.

i all have all users queued up and all log entries are coming in, anyone know how to view workflow-assignment-response logs for self serv cases?

• March 18, 2009

In Apex can i create a (test) method that immitates a case submission from the SS portal?

I tried to just manually create a case via the browswer with Orgin=Web, but that does not seem to envoke the same workflow, so i need to do it programmatically.

• March 18, 2009

Where can i view the activity/workflow/trigger logs for Cases submitted via SS portal?

There is nothing in the debug logs from SS cases.

However, It does include new cases via the browser (and i can use system log for this as well).

So i have a situation were 100% for browser created cases.

But 1 workflow rule is not working on SS cases and i need to see the logs to find out why.

p.s. i have "all users" selected and they all have log requests remaining.

Message Edited by dmon on 03-18-2009 09:59 AM
  • March 18, 2009

I have 1 assignment rule on Case that assigns user and send email.

Works great with no Triggers on Task or Case.

Then i add this taskTrigger (to Tasks) and the (Case) assignment still works, but not email is sent.

Yes, the assignment rule is to a valid user, email and template (as i said, it works with no trigger).

Any ideas?

trigger taskTrigger on Task (before insert) { Case c; for (Task t : Trigger.new) { if(t.WhatId != null){ String s = t.WhatId; if(s.startsWith('500') && t.Status == 'Completed'){ c = [Select Id,Actual_Response_Time__c from Case where Id = :t.WhatId]; if(c.Actual_Response_Time__c == null){ c.Actual_Response_Time__c = System.now(); update c; } } } } }

Something in this code is causing my Case assignment rule to not send an email, but it still assigns correctly.

• March 17, 2009
In theory (or by example), how can i get the Contact (or any other lookup) form field value before save or button clicks?

1. User performs lookup to change the Contact on a VF page.
2. Now, i want the Apex controller to get the new Contact value and run a query (prior to save button)
3. Re-render the address section with new info.
4. User saves (or clicks another button).

For clarity, i know how to query, render, save etc... i do not know how to "get the lookup obj form field value on a VF page to the Apex controller."

I am embarrassed that i have to ask for help on what seems very basic.
System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('the_contact_id_form_field_id'); --does not return the value

No code to share, still trying to conceptulize how to grab that new lookup contact id and get it to the controller.

Thanks in advace,
Dale

Message Edited by dmon on 12-02-2008 10:40 AM

Message Edited by dmon on 12-02-2008 10:42 AM
  • December 02, 2008
Background:
I have a custom checkbox field defined in both Products2 and Opp Prod.

Goal:
Each time a new Opp Prod line item is added to an Opp, automatically set the value of the Opp Prod line item custom field (Has_Maintenance_OP__c) with the corresponding Product custom field (Has_Maintenance__c).

Can someone walk me through the set-up for the Workflow Rule and Field Update to accomplish this (for a checkbox field).

Thanks in advance,
Dale
  • July 02, 2008

I have a workflow rule that works fine when a Case is created via the browser with the "Send notification to contact" ticked.

When a self-service user opens a new Case in the portal, we rely on the "Case Auto-Response Rule" that is enabled to accomplish the same "send notification task to contact"(or should I say Email Message object).

I assume that the "Case Auto-Response Rule" fires off an Email Message object, versus some other Task or Activity (obviously a Email Message object workflow rule would not fire on tasks or activities).

Any idea why this rule doesn't fire when a self service case is created via the portal. The criteria all evaluate to true (ie. the relevant fields are either null or 'New'?

Workflow Rule

Object Email Message
Active Checked
Evaluation Criteria When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria
Rule Criteria Case: Actual Response Time equals null

Field Update

Object Email Message
Field to Update Case: Actual Response Time
Field Data Type Date/Time
Formula Value now()

Case Auto Response Rule
Active Checked

Rule Entries

Case: Status equals New
Sent From: Developer Account (accounting+newportalcase@gmail.com)
Template: Support: Case Created (Web Self Serv)

A seperate issue i have is not being able to find any log entries for self serv cases, again here, log entries for browser based new cases shows everything.

i all have all users queued up and all log entries are coming in, anyone know how to view workflow-assignment-response logs for self serv cases?

• March 18, 2009

I have 1 assignment rule on Case that assigns user and send email.

Works great with no Triggers on Task or Case.

Then i add this taskTrigger (to Tasks) and the (Case) assignment still works, but not email is sent.

Yes, the assignment rule is to a valid user, email and template (as i said, it works with no trigger).

Any ideas?

trigger taskTrigger on Task (before insert) { Case c; for (Task t : Trigger.new) { if(t.WhatId != null){ String s = t.WhatId; if(s.startsWith('500') && t.Status == 'Completed'){ c = [Select Id,Actual_Response_Time__c from Case where Id = :t.WhatId]; if(c.Actual_Response_Time__c == null){ c.Actual_Response_Time__c = System.now(); update c; } } } } }

Something in this code is causing my Case assignment rule to not send an email, but it still assigns correctly.

• March 17, 2009