• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

I posses a combination of Database technical skills with CRM - Salesforce consulting experience for Non-profit orgs and Privatly held companies.

I have worked extensively on the SQL Server Database in the technical support/QA Role for the previous companies; and very comfortable in running SQL queries, running reports and extracting data from Databases and CRM tools.

The current assignment that I am working on involves providing Salesforce Administrative and analytical support to – company’s marketing users and Business Dev Executive on Sales and Marketing issues like :-

-    Uploading the Data into LEADS
-    Updating or Inserting the Data into LEADS
-    Creating Validation Rules and Formulas
-    Understanding their Sales Processes on how the LEAD is created and generated and designing the same using the Salesforce platform.
-    Creating Workflow rules for the Marketing Executive to be informed when a LEAD is qualified to be Account based on certain factors
-    Assigning LEADS to certain Sales People based on Residential and Commercial projects using Assignment Rules.

In addition to the above, I am proficient in working with SDLC and Microsoft Visio along with UML.

I believe that I can be an asset to your company and I would like to meet with you to discuss your company goals and my ability to meet them. I am a US citizen and can work for any employer in USA .

For small or large scale projects, short assignments or any help for Non-profit orgs, please get in touch with me - suma_anand04@hotmail.com or call me at - 951-403-1102.

Thanks

Sumita

Hi there,

I would like to make sure that for each Account atleast one Contact should be set as a Primary Contact. For this purpose should I create a Validation Rule or Trigger is a best solution? And how should I go about it, any examples?

Thanks

Hi,

I created a VF page that provides the standard functionality of the "Send Email" in Salesforce using Registered service. The page basically allows to send email to the users through a registered service. The VF page will look like standard "Send Email" page of SF. I created the custom button "Select Template" and when user clicks on select template button standard Salesforce pop up window also opens up, listing various templates to select.Now as the pop-up which opens up is in *.Salesforce.com domain and our Visualforce page is in *.force.com domain, so the browser security settings doesn’t allow the pop-up window to communicate the template selected action back to parent window (i.e., our vf page). Browser prevents cross server interactions.

Please advice.

Hi there,

Are you looking to integrate the Salesforce with Facebook, if yes then get in touch with me and I can assist you with the same - sumprit76@gmail.com

In addition to this, I can also provide services in the following areas on very reasonable rates:-

- Creating Triggers and Scontrols including AJAX programming
- SFDC Customization & Administration
- Data Migration involving Cleansing, De-Duplication, Preserving relationships and data Integrity
- Data integration between Legacy Systems and Salesforce.com using Java and .Net as the integration piece.Creating Web forms using .Net functionality and processing the data in SFDC
- I can also provide live production support that may invlove troubleshooting or debugging code in Triggers or Scontrols.

Thanks

Hi there,

I would like to provide my services on volunteer basis in the following areas:-

- Data Migration involving Cleansing, De-Duplication, Preserving relationships and data Integrity
- I can also provide live production support that may invlove troubleshooting or debugging code in Triggers or Scontrols.

I have also received formal Training from Salesforce.com and Microtek ; for ADM 201, ADM 301 and ADM -320 the Developer Course.

I am Salesforce Certified Level 1 and looking to get some projects on volunteer basis related to Salesforce Administrative Type. I can also provide some good references as well as work samples on request. You can reach me on suma_anand04@hotmail.com for more information.

Thanks

Hi there,

I am trying to update the field on the Contacts called - IsHasOpty to be TRUE or FALSE, based on the following conditions:-

a> If the related Oppurtunity has a stage = Closed Won.

b> If the same Oppurtunutiy  has a type = New Account.

c> If the Contact Role of that same Oppurtunity displays the Contact as a PRIMARY.

If all the above conditions are satisfied then it should update the field on the Contact record.

My question is:-

1> Can we create a Trigger on Oppurtutnity Contact Role to do the same or on Contacts or Oppurtunity.

Which would be my best option.

Thanks

Hi there,

Please see my attached resume for any upcoming opportunites to customize or administer CRM - Salesforce.com.

Currently, I am working as an Independent Consultant on CRM Salesforce.com and hold an extensive experience in building and configuring applications on Salesforce.com. My strong skill sets includes ; Creating new custom objects and page layouts, Custom reports, Forecasting, and Dashboards, Approvals and workflow,  Mass uploading/updating of data,  Custom End-user training and enhance Salesforce.com programmatically by building triggers, controls and using Formulas.

On the analysis side, I have experience working as a CRM Software Engineer for a large system – Kelley Blue Book, Irvine CA. In that capacity I was responsible for extracting functional requirements from end users, marketing, etc., and translating those requirements into detailed requirements, documenting the detailed steps to configure apps on Salesforce. I am very proficient in working on all aspects of CRM - Salesforce.com system: formula fields, workflow rules, approval processes, sales processes, record types, Data Migration , Data Cleaning and Mass Upload of Data etc. I’ve also worked with daily administration tasks like custom reports, dashboards, user setup, page layouts, etc

On the support role side, I have extensive exposure in working in a customer support environment with companies like Autonomy, Data labs and NowDocs as a – Technical Support Engineer. My main Job function included providing first and second level support to customers on software, and to work with Product development and QA team to deploy interim maintenance releases and future versions of software. On the QA level, I was also responsible for suggesting and implementing improvements that will create a more profitable and high-quality work environment in the software, performing testing for bug fixes and new features that have been introduced into the software.

I believe that I can be an asset to your company and I would like to meet with you to discuss your company goals and my ability to meet them. I am a US citizen and also hold Canadian Green Card, therefore I can work for any employer in USA and Canada and willing to relocate for the right position.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I can be reached on - sumprit76@gmail.com

Sincerely.

Hi there,

I live in LA area and I am preparing for the Salesforce ADM 201 and ADM 301 certification exams. Please note that I have already taken the courses through my last employer, however at that time there was no tests, so I did not take any.

Can anyone guide me where can I take these exams and how much does it cost?

Thanks

Hi there,

The following errors are being caused through the API call from the client's proprietary system to Salesforce. It is caused by the following Trigger. However, when I run tests for the Test Class for this Trigger it displays 93% test coverage. The Trigger is already placed in production and it is causing this error.

The Error is the following:-
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Trigger.CopyLiveDateToAccount.CopyLiveDate: line 103, column 17

Trigger.CopyLiveDateToAccount: line 49, column 5: [Ljava.lang.String;@3a38f3

2009-01-04@06:19:33,260|NDC: 1231077615800467873150|ERROR|business.workflow.BdcAccountInSalesForceDAO.|[JMS SessionPool Worker-265]|BdcAccountInSalesForceDAO.upsert: failed to upsert object with bdcAccountId: 98D50404-8144-4C03-BB82-047B55A3F6B6, User Id: tmarkel@credentrust.com and Salesforce ID: null

2009-01-04@06:19:33,260|NDC: 1231077615800467873150|ERROR|business.workflow.BdcAccountInSalesForceDAO.|[JMS SessionPool Worker-265]|BdcAccountInSalesForceDAO.upsert: API error(s):

2009-01-04@06:19:33,260|NDC: 1231077615800467873150|ERROR|business.workflow.BdcAccountInSalesForceDAO.|[JMS SessionPool Worker-265]|[CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY] CopyLiveDateToAccount: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.Exception: Too many script statements: 50001

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Here is the Trigger:-
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
//Whenever a CRM Snapshot record will be inserted trigger will look all the CRM Snapshot 
//records for least "Live Date" of CRM SnapShot and copy to "Live Date" field of Account.
trigger CopyLiveDateToAccount on BDC_Account__c (after insert, after update,after delete)
{
BDC_Account__c[] bdcAccounts = new BDC_Account__c[]{};
// Code Inserted by SA On 4:45 PM 12/30/2008
BDC_Account__c[] bdcAccountsOld = new BDC_Account__c[]{};
//If the record is inserted
if(Trigger.isInsert)
{
bdcAccounts = Trigger.new;
}
else if(Trigger.isUpdate)
{
bdcAccounts = Trigger.new;
bdcAccountsOld = Trigger.old;
}
// Code Inserted by SA On 1:16 AM IST 12/19/2008
else if(Trigger.isDelete)
{
bdcAccounts = Trigger.old;
}

Set <ID>setAccountIds = new Set <ID>();
for(BDC_Account__c crmSnapShot: bdcAccounts)
{
if(crmSnapShot.Account__c != null)
{
setAccountIds.add(crmSnapShot.Account__c);
}
}

Set <ID>setAccountIdsToBeNull = new Set <ID>();
for(Integer i=0;i<bdcAccountsOld.size();i++)
{
if(bdcAccountsOld[i].Account__c != null && bdcAccounts[i].Account__c == null)
{
setAccountIdsToBeNull.add(bdcAccountsOld[i].Account__c);
}
else if(bdcAccountsOld[i].Account__c != null && (bdcAccountsOld[i].Account__c != bdcAccounts[i].Account__c))
{
setAccountIdsToBeNull.add(bdcAccountsOld[i].Account__c);
}
}

CopyLiveDate(bdcAccounts,setAccountIds);

if(Trigger.isUpdate && setAccountIdsToBeNull.size()>0)
CopyLiveDate(bdcAccountsOld,setAccountIdsToBeNull);

//this function will copy the least Live date from CRM Snapshot object to Account
private void CopyLiveDate (BDC_Account__c[] crmSnapShots,Set<ID> setAccountIdsSet)
{

System.debug('SA' + setAccountIds);
BDC_Account__c [] bdcAccs = [select id, Account__c, Live_Date__c from BDC_Account__c where Account__c in:setAccountIdsSet];
Account [] AccountsToBeUpdated = new Account[]{};
for (BDC_Account__c acc: crmSnapShots)
{
Date lessDate = null;
// Code Inserted by SA On 1:12 AM 12/20/2008
Date lastLiveDate = null;
// Code Inserted by SA On 1:16 AM IST 12/19/2008
System.debug('SA CurrentChilds' + crmSnapShots);
System.debug('SA AllChilds' + bdcAccs);
//Get the least Live date
for(BDC_Account__c allBdcAcc: bdcAccs)
{
if(allBdcAcc.Account__c == acc.Account__c)
{
if (lessDate == null)
{
lessDate = allBdcAcc.Live_Date__c;
}
else
{
if (allBdcAcc.Live_Date__c<lessDate)
{
lessDate = allBdcAcc.Live_Date__c;
}
}
System.debug('SA Final Date' + lessDate);

if (lastLiveDate == null)
{
lastLiveDate = allBdcAcc.Live_Date__c;
}
else // Code Inserted by SA On 1:12 AM 12/20/2008
{
if (allBdcAcc.Live_Date__c>lastLiveDate)
{
lastLiveDate = allBdcAcc.Live_Date__c;
}
}
}
System.debug('SA Last Live Date' + lastLiveDate);
}
if(acc.Account__c != null)
{
Account a = new Account(Id=acc.Account__c);
a.Live_Date__c= lessDate;
a.Last_Live_Date__c= lastLiveDate;
System.debug('SA Account To be Updated' + a);
AccountsToBeUpdated.add(a);
}
}
if(AccountsToBeUpdated.size()>0)
{
update AccountsToBeUpdated;
}// Update Account
}
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Could someone please advice what is causing these errors? Is it the If-Else statements, too many loops.???
}

Hi there,

When there is a lead , it’s possible to have one lead interested in multiple Projects (which is a custom object).

The issue I’m facing is that in the leads object, if I create a custom field with a lookup into the PROJECT object, you are only allowed to select one PROJECT from the lookup.

Is there any way to have a one to many relationship i.e. One lead to many Projects with only one lead record?

I know, this can happen using Master-Detail relationship data type, however this data type is not available under LEADS object?

How can I acheive this? Please advice.

Thanks

Hi there,

I am a Technical Architect, who work as an Independent Consultant based in Los Angeles, CA, with over 6 years of cross functional experience in the field of Information Technology; including Salesforce.com Implementations using best practice and expertise.

I am very comfortable in the following areas and can provide assistance on the following:-

- Creating Triggers and Scontrols including AJAX programming
- Data integration between Legacy Systems and Salesforce.com using Java and .Net as the integration piece.Creating Web forms using .Net functionality and processing the data in SFDC
- Visualforce Developement

I have also received formal Training from Salesforce.com and Microtek ; for ADM 201, ADM 301 and ADM -320 the Developer Course.

I can be reached on - sumprit76@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi there,

Following is the test class which is throwing the MIXED_DML_OPERATION error:-

// This class includes a test method for Trigger created on JRM_Project__c object.
Global class Automate_ProjectNumberClass {

static TestMethod Void testProjectNumberAutomation()
    {
        try
        {
            //1st Step is to create a new project.
            JRM_Project__c project = new JRM_Project__c(Name = 'name');
            insert project;

//2nd Step get the Region from the USER table, as this is the main criteria.
            User[] loggedUser = [Select Region__c from User where Id =:UserInfo.getUserId()];
            loggedUser[0].Region__c = 'Americas';

update loggedUser[0];          
            insert project; // Once the User Region is determined simply insert the Project record

//Updating the exisitng region which is Americas to a new region and again inserting to Project.
            // Similiar steps are repeated for each region.

/*loggedUser[0].Region__c = 'Asia Pacific';
            update loggedUser[0];          
            insert project;

loggedUser[0].Region__c = 'Caspian';
            update loggedUser[0];          
            insert project;*/
        }
        catch(System.DmlException e)
        {
            System.debug(e.getMessage());
        }
    }
}
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next, I found a workaround to this problem and it seems like it will work. .This feature is called - Asynchronous Apex. Therefore the same test class was edited in the following way, but the problem is when it gets executed it complains to enable this feature. However, it is a Sandbox with unlimited edition so this feature should be there. Then what could be missing???

Here is the code:-

// This class includes a test method for Trigger created on JRM_Project__c object.

{
        try
        {
      insertProject();         
             updateUserRegion('Americas');
        }
        {
        }
    }

static void insertProject()
    {
            insert project; 
    }

@future
    static void updateUserRegion(String region)
    {
            User[] loggedUser = [Select Region__c from User where Id =:UserInfo.getUserId()];
            loggedUser[0].Region__c = region;           
            update loggedUser[0];          
    }
}
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please advice.

Thanks

• September 03, 2008
Hi there,

Following is the test class which is throwing the MIXED_DML_OPERATION error:-

{
        try
        {
            insert project;

loggedUser[0].Region__c = 'Americas';

update loggedUser[0];          
            insert project; // Once the User Region is determined simply insert the Project record

//Updating the exisitng region which is Americas to a new region and again inserting to Project.
            // Similiar steps are repeated for each region.

/*loggedUser[0].Region__c = 'Asia Pacific';
            update loggedUser[0];          
            insert project;

loggedUser[0].Region__c = 'Caspian';
            update loggedUser[0];          
            insert project;*/
        }
        {
        }
    }
}
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Next, I found a workaround to this problem and it seems like it will work. .This feature is called - Asynchronous Apex. Therefore the same test class was edited in the following way, but the problem is when it gets executed it complains to enable this feature. However, it is a Sandbox with unlimited edition so this feature should be there. Then what could be missing???

Here is the code:-

{
        try
        {
      insertProject();         
             updateUserRegion('Americas');
        }
        {
        }
    }

static void insertProject()
    {
            insert project; 
    }

@future
    static void updateUserRegion(String region)
    {
            loggedUser[0].Region__c = region;           
            update loggedUser[0];          
    }
}
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please advice.

Thanks

• September 03, 2008
Hi there,

I am trying to delete the trigger from the prod org using eclipse, so I did this in the metadata file:-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ApexTrigger xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <apiVersion>13.0</apiVersion>
    <status>Inactive</status>
</ApexTrigger>

But, it still shows ACTIVE in the production.

How do I make this Trigger and the class associated to it as INACTIVE or delete them?

Is this possible.

Thanks

Hi,

I created a VF page that provides the standard functionality of the "Send Email" in Salesforce using Registered service. The page basically allows to send email to the users through a registered service. The VF page will look like standard "Send Email" page of SF. I created the custom button "Select Template" and when user clicks on select template button standard Salesforce pop up window also opens up, listing various templates to select.Now as the pop-up which opens up is in *.Salesforce.com domain and our Visualforce page is in *.force.com domain, so the browser security settings doesn’t allow the pop-up window to communicate the template selected action back to parent window (i.e., our vf page). Browser prevents cross server interactions.

Please advice.

Looking for help on a small list of technical questions for startup Force.com app.  THings like mass updates, creating separate .PDFs from a report, etc.

Suggest one hour to review questions and development so far, and then arrive at a price. 

Can anyone help?

see the following announcment: http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=jobs&message.id=2854#M2854

I would be interested in what you are thinking about it.

I fully understand the concerns of Dutton...

• July 09, 2009

Hi.

I'm looking for a developer who can create a few triggers and s-controls for some specific business requirements.

I dont anticipate this taking more than a  coupe of days.

When you reply, please let me know what your rates are and availability are and whether you can be on site (san francisco, ca) or remote.

Thanks  

• April 14, 2009

Rapidly expanding group of companies is looking for a part-time or full-time contract consultant to do development, customization and programming work in Calgary, Alberta.

Please reply with your relevant experience and billable rate directly to this post or by requesting my email address (I will email you my contact info directly, but will not post it here for spambots to access)

Project work is required immediately of the right candidate and large scale future projects could be forthcoming thereafter.

This position was filled

Message Edited by slobrew on 03-15-2009 04:38 PM

We are a growing ISV partner of salesforce.com and are looking for a strong salesforce admin (preferably certified) with basic platform coding knowledge to join our implementation/professional services team. 

This is a full time position and will be located in our Lehigh Valley, PA. offices.

Please respond with resume and prior work experience related to force.com

U.S. citizenship is required.  Private message me if you qualify for contact details...

Thanks

Message Edited by PBS_IC786 on 02-13-2009 02:52 PM

plz email me your resume at yaarramesh@gmail.com.

Thanks

• February 04, 2009

I need a developer for a small project.  My need is an Apex Trigger and Class for a lookup field update on a custom object.

I will send you the specs for the job.  Please have references ready.

Message Edited by Sarah@CBORD on 02-02-2009 01:11 PM

Looking for a Salsforce.com Administrator in LA Area. Need at least 2 year experience in Salesforce.com Administration.

(This is a Contract -to- Hire Position)

General Job Description:

Add, delete and modify users as employees are hired, transferred or leave the organization

Act as the single point of contact for questions from the user group

Assist with bulk imports and ownership of leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities

Maintain security profiles and access rights for users

Maintain, add or delete auto-sharing rules

Configure custom reports and dashboards

Create, edit or delete custom fields and custom objects

Create Workflow Rules to improve business processes

Create and update custom page layouts and record types

Deliver training and communication to user groups

Understanding of integration of the CRM with other enterprise systems

Please send you resume to vipindas.pulinholy@gmail.com .

Email me if you have any questions.

Message Edited by das on 12-10-2008 03:46 PM

Message Edited by das on 12-10-2008 04:01 PM
Hi there,

When there is a lead , it’s possible to have one lead interested in multiple Projects (which is a custom object).

The issue I’m facing is that in the leads object, if I create a custom field with a lookup into the PROJECT object, you are only allowed to select one PROJECT from the lookup.

Is there any way to have a one to many relationship i.e. One lead to many Projects with only one lead record?

I know, this can happen using Master-Detail relationship data type, however this data type is not available under LEADS object?

How can I acheive this? Please advice.

Thanks

We have a part-time position open for an SF admin to finish forecast implementation and admin the system.  The position is also mixed with sales Admin.  Are you such a person?

Abe Ash
Ballard Power Systems
978-934-7569

Message Edited by Abeash on 11-25-2008 02:07 PM
  • November 25, 2008
We are seeking direct hires for full time roles to build our team servicing clients across the US.

Key attributes:
  • Understanding of Salesforce CRM and how to leverage it in one or more business areas (sales, marketing, support)
  • Strong knowledge of complete systems administration processes for Ssalesforce
  • Ability to listen to requirements and lead clients to a solution for the business needs
  • Solid understanding of what can be accomplished with the Force.com platform

Major pluses:
  • Was at Dreamforce this month
  • Has a job as a Salesforce system adminstrator or did recently
  • Wants to work from home more than in an office
  • Willing to travel if needed to engage a clients startup process
  • Lives in California (but any major US city is a possibility)
  • Wants to be a key player in developing the processes of a growing company

This is not a part time consulting gig

Full time, direct hire, first person only

No agencies, no consulting firms please

reply to: curtis@cs-solution.com

Hi all,

I need to develop a visual force page, and would like someone to guide me / develop it for me.

The page is very simple,

1. Query my custom object for all records,
  2. Group by date,
  3. Display a list of dates, where each date is a link to a view (inline editable) of those records owned by that link.
  4. This Visualforce page is to be made into a tab in Salesforce.
Please contact me with any ideas, questions, offers.

I represent ProActive Recruitment Ltd. which is based in London, UK.
www.pro-activerecruitment.co.uk
find me on skype: benhizak

Please see my other request for development, I would prefer a developer that would do both.
My Mobile: +44 75 0403 6430
  • October 21, 2008
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11">

Los Angeles, CA

Duration:

1 Week

Start Date:

Immediately

Description:

Ad-hoc project will involve developing a field in the Account & Contact objects that will summarize cross-object from a custom object.  Master-Detail data type field will not work, we have already tried this but it broke one of our API calls.  Solution will need to be coded in APEX.  Need to implement solution immediately.

Experience in APEX and other Salesforce development required.

Please respond to this post with your email if qualified.

• September 23, 2008