• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I am trying to define a validation rule for a picklist.
My conditions are,
If the picklist value is blank (which it will be initially), then allow the value from the picklist to be selected.
If the value isnt blank, then only one person (system admin) can change the value . If anyone else tries to change the value, an error message should be displayed.

I tried this

AND
((Not(ISPICKVAL( AssignedSalesEngineer__c, " "))),
ISCHANGED(AssignedSalesEngineer__c), $Profile.Id<>
"00500000006otGx")

This doesnt allow the value of the piclist to be set initially .It just pops the error message..
Can anyone help

Thanks
  • August 13, 2008
Hey,
Is there anyway i could keep track of some inventory using native applications only.
For eg i have 100 boxes and 4 are sent out, my opportunity should show 96 and the opportunity that the boxes are shipped to will now show 4.
If the boxes are returned then my opportunity will show 100 again and the corresponding opportunity will show 0.
Let me know if there is a solution to this, even if its a non-native solution.

Thanks

Hey ,
Does anyone know if S-controls can be used to change(or rather restrict) the contents of a lookup field.
I have a lookup field which shows me all the data. I would like to restrict the view to different users. For eg, the system administrator will get to see all the records, but the sales rep should not be able to see everything, just the records that are relevant to his area.
Is it possible to do this using s-controls??
Awaiting your response.
Hey has anyone ever used a telecomm project in salesforce.com
Has anyone heard of or worked with an application that  can manage inventory.

Hi, I have deployed some code into my production using eclipse .
Now, for some reason i want to get the code and trigger out of  production. Is there a way to undeploy the class and the trigger from production and if so how do i go forward doing that.

I know this problem looks like the one question being repeated all around the community. Well, I am new to apex and hence the problem
I have an apex code and a trigger which I would like to deploy into my production. I m using eclipse 3.3.
Now when i start a new project with my sandbox username and then right click on the project, i have no option which says "deploy to server". the only options i get are "refresh from server" , "save to server" and "synchronize with server" . After selecting the save to server option, i can see that the code functions fine in my sandbox. Am i doing something wrong or am i missing any crucial steps.
Do let me know . Thanks
Hi,
I am trying to define a validation rule for a picklist.
My conditions are,
If the picklist value is blank (which it will be initially), then allow the value from the picklist to be selected.
If the value isnt blank, then only one person (system admin) can change the value . If anyone else tries to change the value, an error message should be displayed.

I tried this

AND
((Not(ISPICKVAL( AssignedSalesEngineer__c, " "))),
ISCHANGED(AssignedSalesEngineer__c), $Profile.Id<>
"00500000006otGx")

This doesnt allow the value of the piclist to be set initially .It just pops the error message..
Can anyone help

Thanks
  • August 13, 2008
How do I delete/undeploy apex classes thru' the Eclipse IDE ? Thanks

An example would be great
Has anyone heard of or worked with an application that  can manage inventory.

Hi, I have deployed some code into my production using eclipse .
Now, for some reason i want to get the code and trigger out of  production. Is there a way to undeploy the class and the trigger from production and if so how do i go forward doing that.

I know this problem looks like the one question being repeated all around the community. Well, I am new to apex and hence the problem
I have an apex code and a trigger which I would like to deploy into my production. I m using eclipse 3.3.
Now when i start a new project with my sandbox username and then right click on the project, i have no option which says "deploy to server". the only options i get are "refresh from server" , "save to server" and "synchronize with server" . After selecting the save to server option, i can see that the code functions fine in my sandbox. Am i doing something wrong or am i missing any crucial steps.
Do let me know . Thanks