• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am working with a company that needs to use dataloader to automate import/exports between SFDC and one of their ftp sites. 

They do not have any local servers on which to run dataloader and so I'm wondering if anyone has successfully used Amazon AWS to:

1) Execute the dataloader

2) Export/import csv files from their ftp site

3) Schedule the automatic execution of the dataloader

Thanks

Paul

Hi

I have just experienced an issue when resetting an autonumber field.

An object was created with an autonumber field and was tested in a live org for final user acceptance testing where several test entries were created.

I then carried out the following:

- Deleted the test entries ; ran an export using dataloader to prove they were gone.

- Reset the field ; changing the type to text and then back to autonumber count starting at 1.

However the following resulted: 

The first live record was created fine at 1 but then the next records were created 14, 15 etc.

Should I have emptied the recycle bin?  Or can anyone else suggest why the autonumber seed seems to have gone wrong?

Best wishes

Paul

http://twitter.com/setupforce

Hi - Apologies in advance if this has already been posted - searched but just could not find...

I'd like to confirm the current Price and Availability for Sites

Price (for Enterprise Edition)

The "Selecting the Right Salesforce Edition" does not seem upto date.

http://www.salesforce.com/uk/assets/pdf/datasheets/pdf_en_right_edition.pdf

Availability (for EMEA)

Spring '09 has it at Developer Preview and Winter '10 Release notes show it as in production which is great.

http://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_winter10_release_notes.pdf

Any dates for when this will be available? 

Regards

Paul

www.twitter.com/setupforce

Hi

I have created an after insert trigger on OpportunityLineItem which simply modifies a field value -  this has been neccessary for where the user has Cloned Opportunities using "Clone with Products".

I now need a suitable test class - anyone know if its possible to call a "clone with products" APEX method?

Paul

www.twitter.com/setupforce

Hi

I am looking to provide data integration for a client who has Professional Edition.  My experience to date is with Enterprise and Unlimited and it seems there is very little available connectivity options in Prof Ed:

No Web Services API, workflow, outbound messaging or even Data Loader support:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/pdf/datasheets/compare_edition_datasheet.pdf

Please could anyone suggest options to integrate to back office systems; either real-time or batch.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Hi

I'm creating a VFPage to display the current exchange rates for my org to all users (the APEX queries the CurrencyType object).

However I can't seem to get to the CurrencyName field as this is not stored on the CurrencyType Object.

It seems the CurrencyName is stored at system level - does anyone know if this is accessible and the name of the object to capture this (I'm assuming I would link using IsoCode field).

Best wishes
Paul

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure Eclipse to edit and then deploy approval processes.

I can see various object schema within Eclipse (including workflows) but no access to the approval process code.

Just wondered if anyone has managed this?

Best wishes
Paul
Hi

I have multicurrency activated in my org (non advanced) and so the current exchange rates are stored in the CurrrencyType object.

We are global so opportunities are stored in the local exhange rate.  GBP, EUR, CHF etc. and the corporate currency is set as USD.

I need to be able to record an amount (in a new field) on the opportunity in USD but cannot access the CurrencyType object in which to create a formula with the ConversionRate to the local amount field.

Has anyone any "out of the box" solutions as it looks as though I'm going to have to do this in APEX code which seems a little unneccessary.

Regards
Paul

I'm obviously not the only one looking to do this; due to the costs associated with storage it seems a popular area for discussion on various forums, however most of the posts seem a little dated or biased (often written by the vendors themselves).

I've looked at the relevent apps on the salesforce AppExchange; there seem to be quite a few products available and many are well reviewed.  There are even some which are produced by Salesforce themselves and others that offer quite sophisticated document management features. 

However, I was wondering if anyone could provide any impartial advice or product comparisons that they have carried out or details of any in-house software that they have implemented.

As I come from a web development background I am particularly interested to find out how users may have developed their own solutions using their web / intranet applications to link to salesforce via the API.

Any feedback or links would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Paul

Hi

I have multicurrency activated in my org (non advanced) and so the current exchange rates are stored in the CurrrencyType object.

We are global so opportunities are stored in the local exhange rate.  GBP, EUR, CHF etc. and the corporate currency is set as USD.

I need to be able to record an amount (in a new field) on the opportunity in USD but cannot access the CurrencyType object in which to create a formula with the ConversionRate to the local amount field.

Has anyone any "out of the box" solutions as it looks as though I'm going to have to do this in APEX code which seems a little unneccessary.

Regards
Paul

Hi

I have just experienced an issue when resetting an autonumber field.

An object was created with an autonumber field and was tested in a live org for final user acceptance testing where several test entries were created.

I then carried out the following:

- Deleted the test entries ; ran an export using dataloader to prove they were gone.

- Reset the field ; changing the type to text and then back to autonumber count starting at 1.

However the following resulted: 

The first live record was created fine at 1 but then the next records were created 14, 15 etc.

Should I have emptied the recycle bin?  Or can anyone else suggest why the autonumber seed seems to have gone wrong?

Best wishes

Paul

http://twitter.com/setupforce

Is there an easy way to only display the Time of a DateTime object in VisualForce?

Also is there an easy way to display the Day-of-the-week like 'Friday' in VisualForce?

Currently, I'm using a switch statement taken from the pdf on Formulas, but am wondering if there is a better method:

{!CASE(MOD( TODAY() - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),0, "Sunday",1, "Monday",2, "Tuesday",3, "Wednesday",4, "Thursday",5, "Friday",6, "Saturday", "Error")}

Thanks

Parker

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure Eclipse to edit and then deploy approval processes.

I can see various object schema within Eclipse (including workflows) but no access to the approval process code.

Just wondered if anyone has managed this?

Best wishes
Paul
Hi All,

I declared a variable of date type and when i try to assign a value to that variable its throwing the error "Illegal assignment from Integer to Date". The value assigned is

rp.JobStartDate= 11/20/2008; where JobStartDate is of type date.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks,
Ram
  • November 06, 2008