• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am creating a custom object for projects and would like to attach several accounts to the object in a similar structure to Contact Roles for Opportunities. So far I've only been able to attach accounts by creating separate relationshp fields. This then creates a ton of related lists on my accounts page and most of them will never have values. Is there a way that I can add a related list to my custom object that will show accounts in different "Roles" and then also connect this back to the accounts page so I can see which projects a certain company is attached to and what their role is?

Help is greatly appreciated!

• March 26, 2009

Has anyone been able to stop time based workflow from triggering when the criteria changes? I am triggering several emails that will occur over an extended time period, but want to stop the emails from going out if certain criteria has changed. 

Thanks in advance for the help!

• March 04, 2009

I'd like to create a workflow rule that automatically notifies certain people when an account owner is changed. I would also like to do this for the billing address. I can't figure out a way to base a workflow rule on a value in a field being modified. Has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks in advance!!

• February 17, 2009
Hi,
I'm trying to create time-based workflow that will trigger 90 days after an opportunity is created if there has been no activity on the opportunity for 30 days. I can't figure out how to set the criteria for workflow based on activities. Has anyone been able to do this? Thanks in advance for the help!
  • January 14, 2009
I'm trying to make a validation rule that will require users to add products to opportunities once they reach a certain stage. For some reason, I can't insert any of the product fields into my equation. It will let me choose price book fields, but not product fields. This seems a little ridiculous, since it is the products that are attached to the opportunities and not the price books. Has anyone else been able to connect the two with a validation rule?
  • December 08, 2008
I would like to make a validation rule that won't allow users to save their opportunity records if the close date is on or before the current date. This seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but I can't figure it out. Has anyone been able to do this? Thanks in advance if you have an answer for me!
  • December 06, 2008
Is it possible to create a custom formula field that is not read-only? I have a situation where a formula can give us the right answer 90% of the time, but I want my users to be able to edit the field in special cases. As far as I can see, I don't have the option of editing content of formula fields. Has anyone been able to do this? Thanks
  • December 02, 2008

I am creating a custom object for projects and would like to attach several accounts to the object in a similar structure to Contact Roles for Opportunities. So far I've only been able to attach accounts by creating separate relationshp fields. This then creates a ton of related lists on my accounts page and most of them will never have values. Is there a way that I can add a related list to my custom object that will show accounts in different "Roles" and then also connect this back to the accounts page so I can see which projects a certain company is attached to and what their role is?

Help is greatly appreciated!

• March 26, 2009

Anyone able to find a way to track an e-mail at the activity level when it's based on an field level trigger? I know it's not native functionality, but any ideas?

• February 24, 2009

I'd like to create a workflow rule that automatically notifies certain people when an account owner is changed. I would also like to do this for the billing address. I can't figure out a way to base a workflow rule on a value in a field being modified. Has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks in advance!!

• February 17, 2009
Formula creation question. In the Accounts tab section I have two fields that are numbers. One is 2009 revenue goal and the other is YTD revenue. I have created a third field that I want to represent the YTD revenue/2009 revenue goal. This is a percentage that I want to have SF.com automatically calculate based on the numbers in the first two fields. How do I do this? Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm trying to make a validation rule that will require users to add products to opportunities once they reach a certain stage. For some reason, I can't insert any of the product fields into my equation. It will let me choose price book fields, but not product fields. This seems a little ridiculous, since it is the products that are attached to the opportunities and not the price books. Has anyone else been able to connect the two with a validation rule?
  • December 08, 2008
I would like to make a validation rule that won't allow users to save their opportunity records if the close date is on or before the current date. This seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but I can't figure it out. Has anyone been able to do this? Thanks in advance if you have an answer for me!
  • December 06, 2008
Is it possible to create a custom formula field that is not read-only? I have a situation where a formula can give us the right answer 90% of the time, but I want my users to be able to edit the field in special cases. As far as I can see, I don't have the option of editing content of formula fields. Has anyone been able to do this? Thanks
  • December 02, 2008
Hello,

I am struggling in my attempt to create a task with a custom record layout automatically based on workflow rules.  I know I can do this with apex code but I am trying to avoid that level of complexity right now.  It is quite easy to automatically create a task with the General Record Layout.  Is it possible to auto create the task with a custom record layout?

Thanks in advance

Big Chewy

Is there a way to hook action to the campaign member table? I need to drive activity based on the Campaign member status updates. Can this be done via the parent object (campaign or Contact ?) I cant see a way to create a trigger or workflow on the campaign member.

Thanks

• September 10, 2008
Is there a merge field available for email templates that I can use to insert the comments that were left during the approval/rejection in the SFDC approvals process? There is a Comments field that SFDC adds to the approvals screen and I'd like to include those comments in the email that is sent out for the approval/rejection.
What is the best resource on how to integrate salesforce cases with bugzilla, both from a technical and funtional perspective.  Thanks.
  • June 01, 2005

Is there any way to handle volume based pricing in SF.com

Product --------- 1000 - 2000 --- 2000-3000
Product A             $1.00                $2.00

So when select the products, I would like to select a  volume pricing of the product.

Thank You
Ken

• February 17, 2005