• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is possible to have more than one type of page in Salesforce? What I'm trying to do is create two quote pages, one for services and one for products as they have many differnet criteria and are used by different users. Do you know how this is possible? Could I just download the AppExchange Quote page again and have it on Salesforce twice?

Many thanks
Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem implementing my first S-control. The syntax below is correct but it shows the button whatever. Below is the code I've tried so far:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Demo Button</title>
<!-- common Salesforce stylesheet --><link href="/sCSS/12.0/Theme2/common.css" type="text/css" media="handheld,print,projection,screen,tty,tv" rel="stylesheet">
</head>
<body style="background-color:#F3F3EC;">
<div style="padding-left: 115px;!IF(NOT(ISPICKVAL( Opportunity.Category__c ,"Consultancy"))),"display: none;"}">
<input value=" Enter Shipping Details " class="btn" name="demo_button" onclick="JavaScript: alert('Thanks for clicking!');" title="Create New Account button" type="button">
</div>
</body>
</html>

I tried some code which works for a checkbox which works but I'm trying it for a picklist as above. If the category is "Consultancy" in the picklist, I wish to show the button and hide it in any other circumstances.I don't know if it's anyhting to do with the braces but for some reason the syntax is incorrect if I place an opening brace in front of the !IF saying a } is expected. I have tried just about everything I can thik of to no avail. Can anybody help with this line of code please?

Many thanks

Hi,

I have  a selection of mail merge templates, several of which can be accessed from, say, quotes. I have created a Detail Page button which takes me to the Mail Merge page but depending which button the user presses, I would like at the very least for the mail merge page to select the document based on the button pressed or even automating that page so it goes straight to the mail merge page. I can't seem to finf the list of fields for the link to mail merges that would let me do the former of these

Code:
https://emea.salesforce.com/mail/mmchoose.jsp—id={!SFDC_520_Quote__c.Id}&1={!SFDC_520_Quote__c.Opportunity__c}&retURL=%2F{!SFDC_520_Quote__c.Id}

What I'm looking for at the very least is to be able to add in something that would refer to the specific template I'm wanting but nothing I've done seems to work. For instance, I've tried adding in  &3="templateId" as it is the third field on the mail merge field but to no avail.

Can anybody help please?

Many thanks

Hi,

Can you help me please? I have a query about particualr fields which should only be editable by a certain group of users. I have set the field security to make the field read-only to everybody else but that group, but even if I select Salesforce Administrator to be Read-only, the Admin can still edit the field. There are a few administrators but none of these people should be able to edit the field. Can anybody help me with a solution to this please?

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to Salesforce.com. I'm trying to create a validation rule whereby the opportunity owner cannot be the same as one of the values in a picklist field. I've tried it several different ways and I just can't get it right.

I tried making "OwnerID = ApproverID" where approverID is a lookup on the users but I need to have a limited amount of people who can approve the opportunity/quote.

I then tried making a validation rule using a picklist as follows

OR(
ISPICKVAL( Approver__c , "Stephen ***"),
ISPICKVAL( Approver__c , "Gerry ***"),
ISPICKVAL( Approver__c , "Donald ***"),
ISPICKVAL( Approver__c , "Gordon ***"),
ISPICKVAL( Approver__c, "Lee ***"),
ISPICKVAL( Approver__c , "Chris ***")) which works on its own but then if I try to compare it to OwnerID by entering "OwnerID=" at the start, it comes up with an error as follows:

Error: Incorrect parameter for function =(). Expected Boolean, received Text

Can anybody shed some light on what I can do to fix this?

Hi there,

Does anybody know if it is possible to have more than one type of page in Salesforce? What I'm trying to do is create two quote pages, one for services and one for products as they have many differnet criteria and are used by different users. Do you know how this is possible? Could I just download the AppExchange Quote page again and have it on Salesforce twice?

Many thanks
Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem implementing my first S-control. The syntax below is correct but it shows the button whatever. Below is the code I've tried so far:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Demo Button</title>
<!-- common Salesforce stylesheet --><link href="/sCSS/12.0/Theme2/common.css" type="text/css" media="handheld,print,projection,screen,tty,tv" rel="stylesheet">
</head>
<body style="background-color:#F3F3EC;">
<div style="padding-left: 115px;!IF(NOT(ISPICKVAL( Opportunity.Category__c ,"Consultancy"))),"display: none;"}">
<input value=" Enter Shipping Details " class="btn" name="demo_button" onclick="JavaScript: alert('Thanks for clicking!');" title="Create New Account button" type="button">
</div>
</body>
</html>

I tried some code which works for a checkbox which works but I'm trying it for a picklist as above. If the category is "Consultancy" in the picklist, I wish to show the button and hide it in any other circumstances.I don't know if it's anyhting to do with the braces but for some reason the syntax is incorrect if I place an opening brace in front of the !IF saying a } is expected. I have tried just about everything I can thik of to no avail. Can anybody help with this line of code please?

Many thanks