• 209 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am displaying a list of items using the selectcheckboxes in a manner virtually identical to the example from the VisualForce documentation on page 210 as reflected below.

I am interested in checking some of the checkboxes as they are displayed, without user input.  What code would need to be added to this example in order for my checkboxes to appear checked as they are being displayed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

<!-- Page: --> <apex:page controller="sampleCon"> <apex:form> <apex:selectCheckboxes value="{!countries}" title="Choose a country"> <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"/> </apex:selectCheckboxes><br/> <apex:commandButton value="Test" action="{!test}" rerender="out" status="status"/> </apex:form> <apex:outputPanel id="out"> <apex:actionstatus id="status" startText="testing..."> <apex:facet name="stop"> <apex:outputPanel> <p>You have selected:</p> <apex:dataList value="{!countries}" var="c">a:{!c}</apex:dataList> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:facet> </apex:actionstatus> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:page> /*** Controller: ***/ public class sampleCon { String[] countries = new String[]{}; public PageReference test() { return null; } public List<SelectOption> getItems() { List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>(); options.add(new SelectOption('US','US')); options.add(new SelectOption('CANADA','Canada')); options.add(new SelectOption('MEXICO','Mexico')); return options; } public String[] getCountries() { return countries; } public void setCountries(String[] countries) { this.countries = countries; } } Attributes

• February 21, 2009

Hello.

Class getPicanto returns array of equal objects.

Like:

xx 1

xx 1 

xx 1 

Need:

xy 1

xk 0

xw 1

Please Help!

Code:

global class LaFormica {

public class Ispanola
{
public Wine__c Wine {get; set;}
public Integer Sd {get; set;}
}

public List<Ispanola> getPicanto() {
Wine__c[] Wns = [SELECT Gellato From Wine__c];
Ispanola[] Navs = new Ispanola[Wns.size()];

Integer k = 0;
Integer l = 0;
Ispanola Obj = new Ispanola();

for (Wine__c Wn : Wns){
Obj.Wine = Wn;
Obj.Sd = k;
Navs[l] = Obj;

k++;
l++;
if (k == 2){k = 0;}
}

return Navs;
}

<apex:page cache="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" controller="LaFormica">
<apex:repeat value="{!Picanto}" var="Wine">
Name = {!Wine.Wine.Gellato} <br>
Val = {!Wine.Sd}
</apex:repeat>
</apex:page>

Message Edited by Olbrest on 02-20-2009 06:19 PM

I have a button on a Contact details page that launches a Visualforce page.  This Visualforce page uses a custom controller for various reasons, but I need to reference the specific Contact that the user launched from.  Is there an easy way to pass the Contact ID as a parameter to the new Visualforce page and reference it throughout my code?

Thanks..

Hello folks,

I have a requirement to word-wrap and display the column header names of a pageBlockTable. Any idea how to achieve this ? Thanks.

• February 03, 2009

Hello

probably very stupid question, but i am newbie

I will have a VF page ( called page3 for example) that may be used fm more than one VF page

what is the best way to navigate  fm page1 (with command button or outputlink) to page3

so that when i am on page3, page3 "knows" where to return to (via custom Back link)

• January 27, 2009

Hi all,

Not sure if this is possible on Visualforce and how to do it.

I have an extension to a standard controller with some extra functions that will set a field (let´s call it A) to a calculated value depending on another field (let´s call that one B).

Now when B, which is a dropdown field, changes, I want A to be recalculated.

In other words, I want an Onchange event on field B (you can have these type of events) that calls a function within the Controller. The problem is that from an onchange event you can call Javascript, but I don´t know how to call an Apex function from within Javascript.

Can this be done? Thanks,

J

• January 26, 2009
Is it possible to link one Visualforce page (links and buttons) to another? How is that done?
  • November 20, 2008

Hi..

I would like the file reference within my URLFOR($Resource) to be dynamic -a variable set in my controller itself. Can this be done? I am trying to show dynamic images in a pdf based on record(some condition). 

Same type question : http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=9386

In the above thread Andrew says

" you can bundle the images into a zip, upload the zip as a static resource and then specify which element within the zip you want to show dynamically. "

But in my case I have to add images future also and some time I have to delete images. In that case I have to zip all images once again.

Is there any other way to get a images based on record

Hi..

This is simple question.

When I hit one button in my VF page I have to redirect into Contact View page.

The following code working fine. 

<a href="/{!URLFOR($ObjectType.Contact)}">Contact</a>

But the same thing how is possible in button click.

<apex:commandbutton value="Contact" action="{!Contact}"/>

Any one tell what I have to write in Contact function

public pagereference Contact{ ??????? }

Hi..

In my VF page Name field is set required=true. When Name filed is blank I hit the cancel button It shows the validation error message 'Error: You must enter a value'.

How to avoid it...

My sample code

Page:
<apex:page controller="RequiredTest">
<apex:form >
<apex:pageblock>
<apex:outputlabel value="Name"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!cus.Name}" required="true"/>
<apex:outputlabel value="Number"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!cus.No__c}" />
<apex:commandbutton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>

Controller:
public class RequiredTest
{
Custom__c cus;
public Custom__c getcus()
{
return cus;
}
public pagereference cancel()
{
pagereference can=new pagereference ('500/o'); // Here 500 is my custom object tab url
can.setRedirect(true);
return can;
}
}

This is my 100th post
Message Edited by VisualForce on 02-22-2009 10:12 PM

Hi..

I am using <apex:tabpanel> for displaying tabs One & Two.. I want to know which tab is selected

<apex:page id="thePage"> <apex:outputtext> Here I have to display some content based on tab selection </apex:outputtext> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel"> <apex:tab label="One" name="A" id="tabOne">content for tab one</apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Two" name="B" id="tabTwo">content for tab two</apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:page>

Based on the tab selection I have to do some calculation and display some content... If tab One is selected I have to display Tab One is selected like that..

Is it possible in VF..?

Hi..

I am new to Java development...

I am familiar with apex class and visualforce.... If we want to develop apex class it has separate place to deveop it (Develop - Apex Classes ).. Using Eclipse we can deploy into production...

In cookbook they give guidance for download the eclipse and how to use it..

Like that how we can develop java code in SF..  Which tool is used for it...

How to used it.. I have to develop webservice using java code.. In Doc they give guidance generate WSDL file using Delvelop - API - Download Enterprise WSDL .

How to import this wsdl file into Org..

Any one give some guidance or link for how to create webservice , java code using in SF ( Like Eclipse guidance in cookbook)
Hi..

I have displayed one double value in PDF visualforce page..

I have to round that number into two decimal place values..

I am using getter method for getting that value for PDF...

In my controller I am made some calculation in the getter method..

my code

public double getpay()
{
    if(tot!=0)
    {
        pay=cost/tot;
    }
    return (Math.round(pay*100)/100);
}

Here  tot,pay,cost all are double value..

In my PDF I am getting 1.0 instead of 1.25..

How to achive this in controller..
If I am using without math.round function, I am getting 1.2345352342698 like that..

Any one help me....

HI..

How to convert double value into integer..

My code is

integer percent;
double total;
public integer getPercentage()
{
      percent=integer.valueof(total);
      return percent;
}

here total is double value..

While I click runtest I got

System error : Type Exception
Invalid Integer 0.0

I need a round value...

Now I am using

double percent;
double total;
public double getPercentage()
{
      percent=Math.round(total);
      return percent;
}

I got a answer like 10.0 (with .0) ..  I want to display 10 only..

integer percent;
double total;
public integer getPercentage()
{
      string temp=string.valueof(total);
      percent=integer.valueof(temp);
      return percent;
}

The above code is deployed without error.. When I run this page I got a error like invalid integer 10.334532421

This visual force page is used for PDF generation ...

Hi..

How to get a saved record id in visual force page without using controller and extension.  Here I am using Standard controller... I have to pass this id to next VF page...

I am using oncomplete function in first VF page save button .. Here I can get the name of the object and other field details in a  oncomplete javascript function.. After getting this name I should pass this name to another VF page.. That page having one lookup for first page object.. So I can autopopulate the name in a lookup using script... After save this second page I have to go to first object detail page.. Here  I need a record id.... How to get this id...

I am using Proffesional Edition... I cant use controller here....

Hi..

What is the use of "dir" attribute in apex:outputfield,outouttext,etc..

I couldnt understand the explanation regarding "dir" attribute in Component Reference help..

Any one workaround this please give some brief detail about "dir" attribute
Hi..

How to add "adds by Google " in our site...

Is it possible in our site...?

Hi..
    How to display a custom inputcheckbox in PDF.. <apex:inputcheckbox> tag is working properly in HTML view. But same thing not working when I use renderas pdf..

And one more thing here I have to use checkbox in datatable tag... Based on some condition of the data in data tabel the check box is checked  or unchecked..

Is it possible to use checkbox in PDF ...?
What is the differrence between "Apex Class constructor" and  "Page" (<apex:Page action="{!Test}"> ) tag Action attribute..

I have store the following code as priintcss in static resource, and I have already stored logo in static resource named logo.

Code:
@page {

@top-right {
  content: "Page " counter(page);
 }
                   @top-left{
                                   background-image: url('logo');                               
                  }              
}

I am using following code in VF page.. 

<apexage controller="HistoryCon" showHeader="false" renderAs="pdf">
 <apex:stylesheet value="{!$Resource.printcss}"/>

I want to render a PDF file.. I can get a page number in each page but I couldnt get a image...

Where I made a mistake... Give me a solution..

And one more..

How to insert a newline char in content in css .. that is I need

Testnewline

Test

I am using

Code:
@page {

@top-right {
  content: "Testnewline \00000a test";
 }

and
@page {

@top-right {
  content: "Testnewline \a test";
 }

I am not get correct output...

Anyone workaround this post ur sample code here...

Hi..

I got too many soql error 501..

In my class I am using __r (parent child relation) query..

Ex:
       Contact con=[select Id,Account__r.Name from Contact where Name='Test'];

Like that I am using so many query in my class.. and I got too many SOQL error 501..

Contact con=[select Id,Account__r.Name from Contact where Name='Test'];

how many query rows count for above query internally.. whether its one or two..

Hi..
      How to change the pageblock background color... I am using pageblocktable so that only I am using pageblock here.. I can change the pageblocktable color using bgcolor attribute...
      I want a white background .. How is it possible in pageblock
Hi..

I have one custom field Month_Rate__c .. In my visual force I have to show Year Rate.

How can I get {!obj.Month_Rate__c}*12

Is there any way to calculate mergefiled in visualforce page.. I know is it easy when we are using controller..
But we have to write a separate get,set met method for yearrate..

Is there any other alternate way to do this..? 

Hi..
     I have a problem in generating PDF..
     I have to generate PDF for Account object when PDF_generate__c custom filed ==Unchecked(Checkbox) otherwise I have to show some alert message  " PDF already generated"
       This is my requirement
 I am using one custom button
         Behavior                 - Execute JavaScript
         Display Type           - Detail Page Button
         OnClick JavaScript  -
                                  if({!Account.PDF_generate__c}==true)
                                  {
                                          alert("PDF already generated");
                                  } 
                                  else
                                  {
                                          window.open('/apex/Report?id={!Account.Id}');
                                  }
Its work fine in logic
My problem is
   when I using IE its opening a blank page and generate PDF when a condition satisfy otherwise its show the alert message...
     When I using firefox PDF opens in a next tab and alert message comes perfectly..
I need
    IE -- Avoid blank window ( If its possible)
    Fifrefox -- I need to opening a PDF in new window ( **** Its importnant (urgent) ****)
How to achive  my requirements.. Alert and new window PDF is essenital...
Give some solution for it..

Hi..

I want to display contact details in PDF format. I write a page and its work fine.

I am using custom button in Contact detail page for genrate this PDF

Custom Button Properties:

Behavior               - Display in new window
         Display Type        - Detail Page Button 
         Button or Link       - URL https://na6.salesforce.com/apex/ContactPDF
         Show Scrollbars  - True  
         Resizable             - True
My problem is when I click PDF button in Contact detail page, one new blank window is opened along with PDF

How to avoid it..

I think I made a mistake in button properties...

Any one guide me..
Hi..
      I have write one trigger in contact Custom object... It has a Account lookup
When I create a new contact I have assign a Account ..
If this contact is first child record for Account then I have to update one contact field (Parent__c checkbox=true)

Here I am try after insert

Any one has a sample code for update same object using trigger post it..

Is it possible in trigger

Hi..

I have write one trigger for custom object Project__c. When I update Savings__c field that value is added into another custom object field Work__c.Overall_Savings__c..

I want to know fetch before update value and after update value..
That is

before update Savings__c =5
             After update I have changed into 10
            means  how can I fetch 5 and 10..

because before update  overall_savings__c =50
               After update Overall_Savings__c =55
That is I have to add just difference value to Work__c object field Overall_Savings__c...

Any one have a sample code please post me

Hi

I've got a Visualforce page that contains another page using a composition. Is it possible to access the variables of the child pages controller in the parent page (or pass the variables up from the child page)?

Many Thanks

James

I have a custom object called Merchant_Analysis__c which has a master-detail relationship with Opportunity. There is a field on the custom object called Opportunity__c which is just a reference to the parent Opportunity. I have a simple javascript button on the Opportunity called  New Merchant Analysis which simply passes the opportunity id to the visualforce controller via GET.

In my save method for the controller I set the Merchant_Analysis__c.Opportunity__c field to the ID of the Opportunity

public analysisController()

{

String oid = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('id');

if(oid != null && oid != '')

{

Opportunity o = [select id,name from Opportunity WHERE id=:oid];

this.oppID = o.id;

}

}

public PageReference save()

{

analysis.Opportunity__c = oppID;

analysis.recordtypeid = recType;

insert analysis;

PageReference analysisPage = new PageReference('/' + analysis.id);

analysisPage.setRedirect(true);

return analysisPage;

}

The variable oppID is a public class level String variable that holds the Opportunity ID. For some reason when I run my test methods I get the following error:

System.SObjectException: Field is not writeable: Merchant_Analysis__c.Opportunity__c

I've checked all the field level securities and everything to make sure Opportunity__c is not read only anywhere. For some reason I cannot figure out how to get past this error or even what is causing it.

Does anyone know how I can set the the relationship field of a Custom Object with a Master-Detail Relationship?

Any help would be great, as this problem has been plaguing me for too long now.

Thanks,

Jonathan 

Message Edited by jbroquist on 02-26-2009 11:52 AM
Message Edited by jbroquist on 02-26-2009 11:52 AM

I am displaying a list of items using the selectcheckboxes in a manner virtually identical to the example from the VisualForce documentation on page 210 as reflected below.

I am interested in checking some of the checkboxes as they are displayed, without user input.  What code would need to be added to this example in order for my checkboxes to appear checked as they are being displayed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff

<!-- Page: --> <apex:page controller="sampleCon"> <apex:form> <apex:selectCheckboxes value="{!countries}" title="Choose a country"> <apex:selectOptions value="{!items}"/> </apex:selectCheckboxes><br/> <apex:commandButton value="Test" action="{!test}" rerender="out" status="status"/> </apex:form> <apex:outputPanel id="out"> <apex:actionstatus id="status" startText="testing..."> <apex:facet name="stop"> <apex:outputPanel> <p>You have selected:</p> <apex:dataList value="{!countries}" var="c">a:{!c}</apex:dataList> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:facet> </apex:actionstatus> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:page> /*** Controller: ***/ public class sampleCon { String[] countries = new String[]{}; public PageReference test() { return null; } public List<SelectOption> getItems() { List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>(); options.add(new SelectOption('US','US')); options.add(new SelectOption('CANADA','Canada')); options.add(new SelectOption('MEXICO','Mexico')); return options; } public String[] getCountries() { return countries; } public void setCountries(String[] countries) { this.countries = countries; } } Attributes

• February 21, 2009

Hello.

Class getPicanto returns array of equal objects.

Like:

xx 1

xx 1 

xx 1 

Need:

xy 1

xk 0

xw 1

Please Help!

Code:

global class LaFormica {

public class Ispanola
{
public Wine__c Wine {get; set;}
public Integer Sd {get; set;}
}

public List<Ispanola> getPicanto() {
Wine__c[] Wns = [SELECT Gellato From Wine__c];
Ispanola[] Navs = new Ispanola[Wns.size()];

Integer k = 0;
Integer l = 0;
Ispanola Obj = new Ispanola();

for (Wine__c Wn : Wns){
Obj.Wine = Wn;
Obj.Sd = k;
Navs[l] = Obj;

k++;
l++;
if (k == 2){k = 0;}
}

return Navs;
}

<apex:page cache="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" controller="LaFormica">
<apex:repeat value="{!Picanto}" var="Wine">
Name = {!Wine.Wine.Gellato} <br>
Val = {!Wine.Sd}
</apex:repeat>

Message Edited by Olbrest on 02-20-2009 06:19 PM

Hi..

In my VF page Name field is set required=true. When Name filed is blank I hit the cancel button It shows the validation error message 'Error: You must enter a value'.

How to avoid it...

My sample code

Page:
<apex:page controller="RequiredTest">
<apex:pageblock>
<apex:outputlabel value="Name"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!cus.Name}" required="true"/>
<apex:outputlabel value="Number"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!cus.No__c}" />
<apex:commandbutton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>

Controller:
public class RequiredTest
{
Custom__c cus;
public Custom__c getcus()
{
return cus;
}
public pagereference cancel()
{
pagereference can=new pagereference ('500/o'); // Here 500 is my custom object tab url
can.setRedirect(true);
return can;
}
}

This is my 100th post
Message Edited by VisualForce on 02-22-2009 10:12 PM

I have a button on a Contact details page that launches a Visualforce page.  This Visualforce page uses a custom controller for various reasons, but I need to reference the specific Contact that the user launched from.  Is there an easy way to pass the Contact ID as a parameter to the new Visualforce page and reference it throughout my code?

Thanks..

Hi,

I have a Visual Force page for the Opportunity object and need to auto populate the contact field on that page with the name of the contact that the opportunity is created for (when the opportunity is created from the Contact page). I know that this is possible when using the standard Opp page.

Is there a way to do this on a custom Opp page?

Thank you!

• February 17, 2009

Hi,

I've created a VisualForce page and want to disable/enable a lookup field dynamically, based on the values selected in a picklist (i.e. when the value is selected in the picklist, I need the lookup field to be enabled or disabled, depending on the selection).

Any ideas on how to implement this?

Thank you!

• February 17, 2009

I am trying to get the inputfields on a custom new page I've created to show the default field values.  Right now I'm manually assigning the default values to the appropriate fields in my constructor, but it seems like there should be a better way to do this. Anyone have any ideas?

I also have a pageblocktable of child objects on that page (for mass creation.) Is there a way to have the code field (a formula field based on the product field) show up when someone fills in the product field?

child object pageblocktable:

<apex:pageBlockTable border="0" cellpadding="6" value="{!NewItems}" var="item" id="rows">
<apex:column headervalue="Product">
<apex:inputField id="prod" value="{!item.Product__c}" required="false" /> </apex:column>
<apex:column headervalue="Code">

The following outputfield remains blank no matter what I do. I want it to show the results of the code__c formula

<apex:OutputField value="{!item.Code__c}" />
</apex:column>
</apex:pageBlockTable>

--Greg

Message Edited by grigri9 on 02-15-2009 08:45 PM
Message Edited by grigri9 on 02-15-2009 08:45 PM

Hi,

I have created a visualforce page wherin a user can enter search data and click on search button. I have made three fields mandatory for the search. If a user doesnot enter value in any of the 3 mandatory field then an error message called validation error appears on screen as shown below.

Errors j_id0:j_id1:SearchInputs:j_id2:j_id3:j_id22: Validation Error: Value is required. j_id0:j_id1:SearchInputs:j_id2:j_id3:j_id27: Validation Error: Value is required.

Is it possible to avoid this error message and display some custom message?

Please help.

Thanks Priya

• February 16, 2009

Hi ,

How can i restrict a tab object from all user's accessing..only administrator should be allowed to access the tab

Hi,

I have two radio buttons in a select radio and also two out panels.

<apex:page>

<apex:selectRadio id="ScheduleTime" value="{!string}">
 <apex:selectOption itemValue="Immediate" itemLabel="Immediate"/>
<apex:selectOption itemValue="Later" itemLabel="Later"/>
 </apex:selectRadio>

<apex:outputPanel id="Immediately" >
<apex:inputText id="text1" ></apex:inputText>
</apex:outputPanel>
<apex:outputPanel id="Later">
<apex:inputText></apex:inputText>
</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:form >

Controller:

String s = 'Immediate';
public String getString() {
return s;
}
public void setString(String s) {
this.s = s;
}
}

How can i make a panel visible when a radio button is checked and other invisible and also use the components in the panels.Do i need to use any script .Please help me out .......

• February 12, 2009

Hi all,

How to display "Required information" along with red bar (like SFDC page)on the Page Block section of visualforce page?  

Thanks.

• February 05, 2009

I'm trying to mimic creating a New Event from the related list section (Open Activities) on Opportunity page through a custom button (called "New Event X"). This custom button, on clicking, should open a visualpage in edit mode. This visualpage is based on a standard controller for Event, has fields from Event and a few other objects.

Here's the problem- I have the visualpage created, but can't attach it to the custom button because the button type is "List Button" and the page is based on a standard controller for Event. If I change the button type to Detail Page Button then I can attach the visualpage to it, but Salesforce requires the custom button to be of "List Button" type in order for it to appear on the related list section of Opportunity page.

I don't want to override the standard button "New Event". It seems like a pretty common requirement, and I'm wondering how others have done it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vas

• February 05, 2009

Hello folks,

I have a requirement to word-wrap and display the column header names of a pageBlockTable. Any idea how to achieve this ? Thanks.

• February 03, 2009

I would ike to dynamically set fields to be read-only (based on another field value) in a Visualforce page using a Custom Controller.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Sorry for what might be a stupid question here. I would like the file reference within my URLFOR($Resource) to be dynamic - either a variable set in my controller or in the VF page itself. Can this be done? I am trying to show dynamic images within a page based on which page you are on. Thx.

• January 31, 2009