• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a visualforce apex:commandLink that calls a method that deletes one of the records on the page.  The delete method returns a null pagereference.  However, the data on the page is not showing the delete unless I manually refresh.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks

I have an Integer value that I'm assigning to a apex:InputText.  However, it displays as a displays with a decimal point "4654.0" when I use a apex:InputText as opposed to apex:InputField.  Is there any way to specify formatting for this number?  If not, is there a workaround?

Edit:

By the way, the reason I want to use an apex:InputText is so that I can set the item to disabled.

I'm looking to create a datatable... but it would be helpful if I could have two rows of headers.... is that at all possible?

This is what I'm trying to get it to look like:

I'm making a custom sales forecasting object.  I have a visualforce page that lets the salesperson enter their forecast for each month throughtout the year... with each row being a forecast for a seperate customer.   I'm then upserting these records via DML.  What I'd like to be able to do is display the previous years forecast for that salesperson inline next to the forecast they are entering.  Do I have to create these fields in my custom object (even though I wont be saving this info) in order to display it in this datatable?

I am displaying a visualforce page on my home page html component via an iFrame.  This works fine but I'm trying to get it to autoresize based on the content of the iframe.  I was trying to use this code to autoresize inside the iframe 

function setHeight() {
    parent.document.getElementById('the-iframe-id').height = document['body'].offsetHeight;
}

However, since my main pages is served by salesforce.com and my visualforce page is served by force.com, the browsers won't let me do this cross-site scripting since it violates the security model.  Does anybody know of an alternative way to resize this iframe dynamically?

Thanks

Brett

While the VF documentation says that the inputField rendered attribute is only a boolean value, I've also seen examples where this can be an expression.  For example, <apex:inputText value="{!dynamicCase[caseField]}"rendered="{!IF(contains(caseField, "Contact"), true, false)}"/>.  However, I tried using an Includes function in rendered and it didn't work.  What kind of expression is allowed in this field?

I'm trying to create a visualforce page to replace the Log A Call page.  Everything is working fine, except when I try to add  <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Type}" /> this works without error, but the actual field doesn't appear on the actual VisualForce page.  I'm trying to add the standard field Type, is the standard field Type, not the RecordType.  I also noticed that this field doesn't show up in the Apex Explorer.   Can anyone help me with this.

I'm just starting out with visualforce here... but I'd really like to make my own account page from scratch except using the new theme. However, when I make a VF account page page with the standard controller... it looks completely different from an actual account page.  Am I missing something?

In my custom objects, whenever I click on a list item from the Custom Object Tab, on the main page layout there is always a "Back to List: Custom Object Definitions" link in the top left of the page, instead of going back to the main Custom Object Tab.  Does anybody know what's causing this or how to fix it?

I've run into issues that seem to be related to with the older Salesforce.com CTI conflicting with newer versions of Outlook edition.  This has been confirmed by several other posts.  Somebody even mentioned that cisco needs to and was planning on releasing a new CTI.  However, I am looking through the AppExchange, and I can't find their CTI connector at all.  Am I missing something?  Am I supposed to download this from cisco's site instead?

I have a visualforce apex:commandLink that calls a method that deletes one of the records on the page.  The delete method returns a null pagereference.  However, the data on the page is not showing the delete unless I manually refresh.  Is there a way around this?

Thanks

I have an Integer value that I'm assigning to a apex:InputText.  However, it displays as a displays with a decimal point "4654.0" when I use a apex:InputText as opposed to apex:InputField.  Is there any way to specify formatting for this number?  If not, is there a workaround?

Edit:

By the way, the reason I want to use an apex:InputText is so that I can set the item to disabled.

Hello.

Is there any documentation on how to properly mimic the default Salesforce look on dashboards in my visualforce dashboard components? I've tried including the standardStylesheets in my apex:page definition, and assigning the same classes to my output table/rows/columns, but that doesn't work. My assumption is that it's related to the iFrame that's used for using Visualforce on dashboards.

My code is below. It is close, but not exact. I've had to "fake" a couple of things to get it close. For example:

• Created a div around everything with the "pbBody" class
  • Manually removed borders on each cell
  • Create individual styles for the "last" and "even " row styles

Is there a standard method of doing this?

<apex:page controller="CtrlDashAnnualClosedComp" showheader="false" sidebar="false" standardStylesheets="true">
    <apex:stylesheet value="/sCSS/Theme3/default/dashboard.css" />    
    <style type="text/css">
    .list tr.last td { border-bottom-width:0px;}
    .list tr.even td { background-color: #eeeeee;}
    </style>
    <div class="pbBody">
        <table class="list" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">
            <tr class="headerRow">
                <th scope="col" style="border-width: 0px;">&nbsp;</th>
                <th scope="col" class="numericalColumn" style="border-width: 0px;">{!firstYear}</th>
                <th scope="col" class="numericalColumn" style="border-width: 0px;">{!secondYear}</th>
            </tr>
            <apex:repeat var="o" value="{!dashList}">
            <tr class="{!o.CSSclass}">
                <td style="border-width: 0px;"><span class="dashboardRowLabel">{!o.compMonth}</span></td>
                <td class="numericalColumn" style="border-width: 0px;"><span class="dashboardRowValue"><apex:outputText value="{0,number,currency}"><apex:param value="{!o.firstYearPrem}"/></apex:outputText></span></td>
                <td class="numericalColumn" style="border-width: 0px;"><span class="dashboardRowValue"><apex:outputText value="{0,number,currency}"><apex:param value="{!o.secondYearPrem}"/></apex:outputText></span></td>
            </tr>
            </apex:repeat>
        </table>
    </div>
</apex:page>

Thanks in advance.

-Greg

I'm trying to create a visualforce page to replace the Log A Call page.  Everything is working fine, except when I try to add  <apex:inputField value="{!Task.Type}" /> this works without error, but the actual field doesn't appear on the actual VisualForce page.  I'm trying to add the standard field Type, is the standard field Type, not the RecordType.  I also noticed that this field doesn't show up in the Apex Explorer.   Can anyone help me with this.

I'm just starting out with visualforce here... but I'd really like to make my own account page from scratch except using the new theme. However, when I make a VF account page page with the standard controller... it looks completely different from an actual account page.  Am I missing something?

In my custom objects, whenever I click on a list item from the Custom Object Tab, on the main page layout there is always a "Back to List: Custom Object Definitions" link in the top left of the page, instead of going back to the main Custom Object Tab.  Does anybody know what's causing this or how to fix it?

Subject: How to edit the link appearing at every detail page of the some modules like account,lead,contacts and opportunities 

Hi,

I have aclarification.

If I click price book pages and then go to the opportunity,lead,contacts or account detail page I get a link at the top of the page like this

« Back to List: Price Book Entry

Similarly if I go to custom objects and go to any of these detail pages I get this link below

« Back to List: Custom Object Definitions

It just navigates between these 2 links even if I go to any page and come back to any detail page of account,lead,contact or opportunity.

Is this link by default provided by salesforce.com? But I don't think so as I have another instance in which this link does not appear

Does any one have any idea as to where this link can be edited?

Thanks,

• February 11, 2010

I've run into issues that seem to be related to with the older Salesforce.com CTI conflicting with newer versions of Outlook edition.  This has been confirmed by several other posts.  Somebody even mentioned that cisco needs to and was planning on releasing a new CTI.  However, I am looking through the AppExchange, and I can't find their CTI connector at all.  Am I missing something?  Am I supposed to download this from cisco's site instead?