• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I want to create a dashboard for salesperson so that they can see how they performing - how deals they have in the pipeline, total amount, what closed, what did not etc.

I know you can set the "Running User" for a dashboard but how I do make sure only the Salesperson can look at his or her dashboard. I could not find a way to restrict access to the dashboard to specific people.

I have custom object with Roll Up Summary Fields. In a unit test I create the custom object but the roll up summary fields are always null. Any idea how to set these fields in my unit tests?

Thanks

Chaitanya

I created an Approval Process which works fine. Everytime the object is rejected - an email alert is sent to the submitter. The problem I am having is there a way to include the rejection comments in the email.

I did some digging into this and rejection comments/status are buried in an object called ProcessInstanceStep that I cannot access via an APEX trigger or workflow.

Any hints on how people worked around this issue?

Thanks

Chaitanya

I have an email going to the record owner when their record is rejected as part of the Approval process. Is there a way to include the reasons for rejection in the email template.

I tried using {!ApprovalRequest.Comments} but it did not work.

I have a object called Insertion Order which have child objects Flights. The Flights have a Look Up relationship to the Insertion Order object.

I want to lock down the Insertion Order object and it's children Flights when it is reviewed by the finance team. I set up an approval process and change the Insertion Order object's record type to "Reviewed". I also changed the RecordType of the Flight to "Reviewed" also.

The issue is how do I remove the "Edit","Delete" links from the related list  of Flights which show up on the Insertion Order?

I have custom object that looks like this in ActionScript. There is a corresponding custom object in SalesForce called LineItem.

public class LineItem { private var sfId:String; private var impressions:int; private var cpm:Number = 0.0; private var product:String; private var cost:Number; private var selected:Boolean; private var allocation:Number = 0.0; }

What is an clean/elegant way of serializing this object from ActionScript to XML and then sending it to SalesForce.

Do I inherit from SObject and override the toXML() method? I looked at examples of developer.salesforce.com but none of them do anything like this.

I have a custom object called Flight. The data is entered by the Sales team (Role = Sales). Ad Operations (Role = Ad Ops) comes in, reviews the Flight, and marks it as “Reviewed” by setting a checkbox to true. Once a Flight is marked as “Reviewed”, I want to prevent the Sales team from changing it. The Ad Ops team has the ability to change “Reviewed” flight but not the Sales team.

If a user whose Role is "Sales", view the Flight object I would like to grey out the Edit button. Any idea how I could do something like this?

Note: I am not using Approvals just a simple checkbox to indicate that the data has been reviewed.

I created a DEV Sandbox environment of my production instance of SF. How would I access the sandbox environment via web service APIs or Eclipse Force.com toolkit?
I have custom object called "Placement" which has a Master-Detail relationship with another Custom Object called "Flight". When I clone a Flight, I also want to clone the Placement(s) associated with it.

Any suggestions on how I could do this via APEX or some other mechanism?

Thanks
Chaitanya
I need to create several approvals on an Opportunity before it is marked as "Closed Won".

The approvals needed are the following -
  1. Sales Manager to approve any discounts of products
  2. Inventory Mgr to approve availability of products
  3. Finance to approve pricing & discounts of products as well.

These approvals can happen in parallel by different users belonging to the 3 different divisions - Sales, Finance, and Operations.

I tried creating multiple Approval Processes for Sales, Inventory and Finance but since they are all associated with the Opportunity object - so only 1 of the Approval process is getting triggered. Using Approval Steps make it a serial process?

Any idea how I could implement this?
Hello,

I am trying to programatically trigger Approval Processes when an Opportunity stage is set to "Approval Requested". Here is the snipped of code from my APEX trigger that invoke the Approval Process -

void invokeApprovalProcess(Opportunity o){
         Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();
         req.setObjectId(o.id);
         req.setComments('Submitting Opportunity '+o.Name+' for approval');
         System.debug('Submitting Opportunity '+o.Name+' for approval');
         Approval.process(req);
}

But I get the following error when I create an Opportunity and set stage = "Approvals Requested". Any idea what is it that I am doing wrong here.

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger insertionOrderTrigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: insertionOrderTrigger: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process found.: Trigger.insertionOrderTrigger.invokeApprovalProcess: line 141, column 5

I want to create a dashboard for salesperson so that they can see how they performing - how deals they have in the pipeline, total amount, what closed, what did not etc.

I know you can set the "Running User" for a dashboard but how I do make sure only the Salesperson can look at his or her dashboard. I could not find a way to restrict access to the dashboard to specific people.

I have custom object with Roll Up Summary Fields. In a unit test I create the custom object but the roll up summary fields are always null. Any idea how to set these fields in my unit tests?

Thanks

Chaitanya

I have a object called Insertion Order which have child objects Flights. The Flights have a Look Up relationship to the Insertion Order object.

I want to lock down the Insertion Order object and it's children Flights when it is reviewed by the finance team. I set up an approval process and change the Insertion Order object's record type to "Reviewed". I also changed the RecordType of the Flight to "Reviewed" also.

The issue is how do I remove the "Edit","Delete" links from the related list  of Flights which show up on the Insertion Order?

I created a DEV Sandbox environment of my production instance of SF. How would I access the sandbox environment via web service APIs or Eclipse Force.com toolkit?
I need to create several approvals on an Opportunity before it is marked as "Closed Won".

The approvals needed are the following -
  1. Sales Manager to approve any discounts of products
  2. Inventory Mgr to approve availability of products
  3. Finance to approve pricing & discounts of products as well.

These approvals can happen in parallel by different users belonging to the 3 different divisions - Sales, Finance, and Operations.

I tried creating multiple Approval Processes for Sales, Inventory and Finance but since they are all associated with the Opportunity object - so only 1 of the Approval process is getting triggered. Using Approval Steps make it a serial process?

Any idea how I could implement this?
Hello,

I am trying to programatically trigger Approval Processes when an Opportunity stage is set to "Approval Requested". Here is the snipped of code from my APEX trigger that invoke the Approval Process -

void invokeApprovalProcess(Opportunity o){
         Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();
         req.setObjectId(o.id);
         req.setComments('Submitting Opportunity '+o.Name+' for approval');
         System.debug('Submitting Opportunity '+o.Name+' for approval');
         Approval.process(req);
}

But I get the following error when I create an Opportunity and set stage = "Approvals Requested". Any idea what is it that I am doing wrong here.

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger insertionOrderTrigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: insertionOrderTrigger: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process found.: Trigger.insertionOrderTrigger.invokeApprovalProcess: line 141, column 5