• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created a very simple page to simply display a list of Accounts.  I am trying to make this list visible on a Sites page so I can demo some functionality to my team. 

Nothing I've tried yet has allowed me to display any object data, though the page renders fine within SFDC. 

Here's the code for the page.

Code:
<apex:page standardcontroller="account" showheader="true" recordsetvar="accounts">

<apex:form >

<apex:pageblock title="All Accounts">

<apex:pageblockTable value="{!accounts}" var="a"> <apex:column value="{!a.Name}"/> <apex:column value="{!a.createddate}"/>
</apex:pageblocktable>
</apex:pageblock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

I have made sure that the Field Level Security is set to "Visible" for these fields.  Also, the Site Page Profile has "Read" Access to the Account object.

Can anyone recommend other things I should be looking at to get this (very simple) page to display? 

Thanks for any ideas!

I'm new to Visualforce and Apex, and I'd appreciate any help on my problem...

Basically, I have a new Visualforce page that I created (let's call it "OppAnalysis").  The page gets passed a query string parameter based on the Account Name / Account ID.  (This page launches from a custom link on the Account Record.)

What I'd like to do is create a defined set of queries in Apex  (maybe 15 queries in all) and then have those queries generate lists/arrays on the fly, using the current Account Name / Account ID as a "key" (when the Visualforce page is loaded).  Each query would generate a list/array of data.  I want that information to display on the Visualforce page in the specific sections I define (either under a PageBlock or in a PageBlockTable / PageBlockDataTable).

So far I've been able to get the page to display simple Account information and a related list of all Opportunities with no problem, but I really only want to display Opportunities that meet certain criteria.

1) Is this possible?
2) If so, can you provide any sample code for displaying a query result in visualforce (specifically as it relates to a list/array). 

THANKS!
Hi -- I'm very new to Apex development so need to know if the following is possible, and if so, any tips for implementing.

I am trying to build a Visualforce page that displays the results of a pre-defined set of SOQL queries.  The queries are similar in structure to basic Opportunity reports, but rather than create reports, we want to display the results under a PageBlock or some other section / grouping, and display all results for our queries on one page.

The idea would be that the Visualforce page (let's just call it "apex/OppAnalysis") would be launched from a link on the Account record.  The link would push the Account ID/Account Name from the record it came from. The page would then do a search for all Opportunities that meet the query parameters and then display those Opportunities on the page under desired sections.

The idea would be for the Visualforce page to be populated with a particular Account Name / Account ID  and then displaying the Opportunities related to that Account on the page.  Obviously, we don't want ALL Opportunities, just those that meet a specific list of criteria like "Opportunities Created Last 30 Days", "Won Opportunities for Current Fiscal Year", etc.

The question is: How do I get the SOQL results to display on the screen?  Ideally, we'd like to have them show up in a list format, in a table, or perhaps as links that the user can click on to get more information.  However, I'm unsure if this is possible and if so, what functionality I need to leverage to get this done.

Thanks for any ideas.
How can I find out if a report is being used in a dashboard, and if so, which one(s)?

Obviously, you can look at a dashboard and drill down to the underlying reports.  But our company has dozens of dashboards, each with potentially 20 separate elements.

The problem:  We're trying to delete a bunch of old, obsolete reports but are unable to delete some of them because they are tied to a dashboard somewhere.  Unfortunately, SFDC will only tell you that it's being used in a dashboard, but won't tell you WHICH dashboard(s) contains the report.  So we end up doing a lot of manual searching, which wastes time. 

Thanks for any ideas.

Hi,

My company has a dashboard set up for a particular account as a sort of "global template".  The dashboard is build off of underlying reports, primarily related to Opportunities.  Some of the elements are the equivalent of roll-up summary fields you could put on an Account record (e.g. Total Open Opportunities).  In total, we have about 20 elements on this "global template" dashboard. 

The challenge:  Is there a way to create a standard "template" for creating a dashboard quickly and populating the underlying reports with the data from an account that you specify?  The problem is that our company wants to perform this type of analysis on a large number of accounts (90+).  Multiply that by the number of individual elements / reports on each page, and you start to see what a time-consuming process this would be.

So far, our team has looked at creating a sort of "dynamic" dashboard link on the Account record.  When the user clicks on it, It launches a separate Visualforce page that brings in the roll-up summary field values, and includes links to "dynamic reports" (i.e. the link grabs the {!Account.Name} field and pushes it into the appropriate report parameters).  Still, this isn't quite what we would like to do, as we would (ideally) like to display all the info on one page.  It should be pointed out that we won't need to "save" these dashboards anywhere, though that would be potentially valuable if we could.

Appreciate any thoughts.

I have created a very simple page to simply display a list of Accounts.  I am trying to make this list visible on a Sites page so I can demo some functionality to my team. 

Nothing I've tried yet has allowed me to display any object data, though the page renders fine within SFDC. 

Here's the code for the page.

Code:
<apex:page standardcontroller="account" showheader="true" recordsetvar="accounts">

<apex:form >

<apex:pageblock title="All Accounts">

<apex:pageblockTable value="{!accounts}" var="a"> <apex:column value="{!a.Name}"/> <apex:column value="{!a.createddate}"/>
</apex:pageblocktable>
</apex:pageblock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

I have made sure that the Field Level Security is set to "Visible" for these fields.  Also, the Site Page Profile has "Read" Access to the Account object.

Can anyone recommend other things I should be looking at to get this (very simple) page to display? 

Thanks for any ideas!

I am using the Google Charts API in a Formula Text field on the Account Page Layout using the IMAGE () function; however, I am getting the "Security Information: This page contains both secure and nonsecure items.  Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" pop up window every time I access the Account Page.

Is there a way around this so that the pop up does not display?

Thanks, Lori

Basically, I'm trying to display a simple line chart on a VF page.

I'm open to any working approach.
Here's what I've tried so far:

- Pure javascript chart
- Using dojo library
- Flex inside an S-Control

Sadly, I couldn't make any of above work :-(

Any working sample, a guideline or a tip would be greatly appreciated!

AK.
  • October 27, 2008
I'm new to Visualforce and Apex, and I'd appreciate any help on my problem...

Basically, I have a new Visualforce page that I created (let's call it "OppAnalysis").  The page gets passed a query string parameter based on the Account Name / Account ID.  (This page launches from a custom link on the Account Record.)

What I'd like to do is create a defined set of queries in Apex  (maybe 15 queries in all) and then have those queries generate lists/arrays on the fly, using the current Account Name / Account ID as a "key" (when the Visualforce page is loaded).  Each query would generate a list/array of data.  I want that information to display on the Visualforce page in the specific sections I define (either under a PageBlock or in a PageBlockTable / PageBlockDataTable).

So far I've been able to get the page to display simple Account information and a related list of all Opportunities with no problem, but I really only want to display Opportunities that meet certain criteria.

1) Is this possible?
2) If so, can you provide any sample code for displaying a query result in visualforce (specifically as it relates to a list/array). 

THANKS!
Hi -- I'm very new to Apex development so need to know if the following is possible, and if so, any tips for implementing.

I am trying to build a Visualforce page that displays the results of a pre-defined set of SOQL queries.  The queries are similar in structure to basic Opportunity reports, but rather than create reports, we want to display the results under a PageBlock or some other section / grouping, and display all results for our queries on one page.

The idea would be that the Visualforce page (let's just call it "apex/OppAnalysis") would be launched from a link on the Account record.  The link would push the Account ID/Account Name from the record it came from. The page would then do a search for all Opportunities that meet the query parameters and then display those Opportunities on the page under desired sections.

The idea would be for the Visualforce page to be populated with a particular Account Name / Account ID  and then displaying the Opportunities related to that Account on the page.  Obviously, we don't want ALL Opportunities, just those that meet a specific list of criteria like "Opportunities Created Last 30 Days", "Won Opportunities for Current Fiscal Year", etc.

The question is: How do I get the SOQL results to display on the screen?  Ideally, we'd like to have them show up in a list format, in a table, or perhaps as links that the user can click on to get more information.  However, I'm unsure if this is possible and if so, what functionality I need to leverage to get this done.

Thanks for any ideas.
I just watched the Winter '09 Preview Webinar and learned that I need to create a new Developer Org to get the new features. Fine, but how do I delete my current dev org so I can use the same username and email address?
Hi
i want to have a field change automatically if the date has passed.

im trying to use this

IF( today() - ETD__c 0 , Alerts_if_any__c ="Date Passed",Alerts_if_any__c =" x")
its not giving an error, but for somereason its not doing anything at all

can anyone help plz

thanks
Is there a way to change the layout of the Opportunity Home Page? Specifically, I want to change the list of Reports that is displayed at the bottom of the page.

Many thanks in anticipation