Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any support..?

If so, where can I find documentation?

I am trying to figure this out..

Are there only Saleforce built in web apps and mobile apps supported on the exchange..? What about Windows or iOS desktop apps? But I can't find them on any AppExchange category view? Any doumentation around this?

We have a beta version of a mobile app using the REST API.

It seems some of our early users are unable to access some standard fields for sales objects. As an example, a SOQL query including the Account.AccountNumber returns "Error, no such column..."

Has this anything to do with access rights on a field level? Or, are not all fields supported depending on other roles/permissions? Is there any way to call an API-method for every user and first check which fields are accessible for each objects?

Thanks in advance

Double checking here..

I know that the Enterprise Edition is supposed to be the level needed to access the account via API. But is it the same conditions for ALL APIs on all levels so to speak? We are using the HTTP REST API to access sales objects, would full Enterprise edition really be needed?

We just got our Salesforce app (FlipDekk) approved and published on the Windows 8 dekstop Store  http://bit.ly/XmIp7r

Is there any way to bundle or promotethe it through your existing channels like the AppExchange or similar?

Have not found any info about this..

This is a very annoying thing when running demos on new computers... Is there a setting to turn it off?

Thanks

I am using the standard http based REST API via Xml (i.e. not APEX or SOAP) and so the QueryAll() method is not available.

I have tried various queries but can't get this to work..

What am I doing wrong here..?

SELECT Id, IsDeleted FROM Account WHERE IsDeleted=true

<QueryResult>
  <done>true</done>
  <totalSize>0</totalSize>
</QueryResult>

SELECT Id, IsDeleted FROM Account WHERE IsDeleted=true ALL ROWS

<Errors>
  <Error>
    <errorCode>MALFORMED_QUERY</errorCode>
    <message>ALL ROWS not allowed in this context</message>
  </Error>
</Errors>

I am using the REST API on a client app and want to sync deleted records on server /client side respectively. How can I retrieve Ids from records there are in Recycle Bin?

We have tried the SOQL query:  

but it only gave this result despite the fact there are mutiple deleted Account items in the Recycle Bin:

<QueryResult>
  <done>true</done>
  <totalSize>0</totalSize>
</QueryResult>

Why is this, is there any solution?

On the Account and Opportunity objects there are some fields grouped under the Additional Information header on the web form. For Account e.g Customer Priority, SLA Expiration Date etc. and for Opportunity, Order Number, Current Generators etc..

These fields seems impossible to access via the REST API, or am I missing something?

I am using the REST API with XML and the HTTP PATCH method in order to update individual records e.g. Account. It works fine as long as the updated record have values in all its (xml) fields. But I cannot get it to work when I want to clear a specific field.

For example, lets say I want an Account record's Description field to become emtpy. I have tried variois ways below but nothing seems to work...

<root>
  <Description></Description> !-- also tried null, nillable etc -->
</root>

Thanks in advance 

I am trying to query Account-Opportunity-OpportunityLineItem using the query below. It does not work and I am aware the documentation says SOQL queries only manages 1-level of parent-to-child relationship...

However, is there any trick I can use to rewrite the query without the need of running two separated queries?

SELECT Account.Name,

(SELECT Opportunity.Name, (SELECT OpportunityLineItem.Description FROM OpportunityLineItems)

FROM Opportunities) FROM Account

Our REST API calls just suddenly stopped working since there is no way using the refresh_token procedure. We then found out there was actually no refresh_token provided after the user has been authenticated in the first place, even though this has always been the case previously.

We read a previous thread here about using that parameter scope=full, but whatever parameter we attach here there is always a HTTP Error 400 response. According to the documentation, if skipping the scope param it should default to ID + refresh_token + API. But when we skip it we only get this response: 

<OAuth>

<id>https://login.salesforce.com/id/XYZ</id>

<issued_at>1332580779061</issued_at>

<scope>full</scope>

<instance_url>https://na8.salesforce.com</instance_url>

<signature>XYZ</signature>

<access_token>XYZ</access_token>

</OAuth>

Why is this…?

Players like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter have long ago deprecated their Soap based APIs in favour for REST APIs.

Any similar plans for Salesforce..?

I am running this parent-child query:

SELECT Id, Name,

(SELECT Id, Name, Description FROM Assets),

(SELECT Id, Name, Email FROM Contacts)

FROM Account 

How to I exclude resulting records with let say Email=null AND/OR Description=null ?

Thanks

/Lars 

I need to modify a current API-query below to also include: Contact.Email and Asset.Description.

SELECT Account.Id, Account.Name, Description, Amount,

(SELECT PriceBookEntry.Product2.Name, Id, Quantity, FROM OpportunityLineItems)

FROM Opportunity

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance

/Lars

Hi,

Is there a way to receive encrypted data when using the API to access Salesforce client data?

If I got it right, all communication seems to be done over a standardized SOAP protocol? If so, then it seems somewhat odd since there is a lot of other security mechanisms added such as security tokens, recognized computer etc..

Thanks for any hints

Hi,

My project involves multiple currency feature and the ISO codes and conversion rates are stored in CurrencyType.

Via the API I am running the following query to retreive a data dump into an SQL:

SELECT Account.Name, Account.Owner.Name, ExpectedRevenue, CurrencyIsoCode, (SELECT  PriceBookEntry.Product2.Name, TotalPrice, Description, CurrencyIsoCode FROM OpportunityLineItems) FROM Opportunity

So far it works fine, but I have failed in numereous ways to modify this query to also lookup CurrencyType.ConversionRate using the CurrencyIsoCode from Opportunity and OpportunityLineItem respectively..

I have checked the API documentation but I am unable to find a relation between CurrencyType and to any of the other common objects - what am I missing here?

thanks

Hi,

I've went through the API documentation "Describe Calls" section but I cannot find a description on how to retreive a specific Object.Fields's data type definition..?

As an example: I want to retrive the Opportunity.Description field's internal definition which might be nvarchar(500).

I am making an extensive data dump into an SQL and I want to make sure I keep the same definitions on the text fields to not risking any truncation..

Any way to retrieve this info?

thanks
Lars

Hi,

Is there a way to modify the following script to also include User?

SELECT Account.Name, Account.OwnerId, Name, Description, (SELECT Id, Quantity, PriceBookEntry.Product2.Name FROM OpportunityLineItems) FROM Opportunity

I need to access some User fields such as User.FirstName etc

Thanks for any hints

Is there any support..?

If so, where can I find documentation?

We have a beta version of a mobile app using the REST API.

It seems some of our early users are unable to access some standard fields for sales objects. As an example, a SOQL query including the Account.AccountNumber returns "Error, no such column..."

Has this anything to do with access rights on a field level? Or, are not all fields supported depending on other roles/permissions? Is there any way to call an API-method for every user and first check which fields are accessible for each objects?

Thanks in advance

Double checking here..

I know that the Enterprise Edition is supposed to be the level needed to access the account via API. But is it the same conditions for ALL APIs on all levels so to speak? We are using the HTTP REST API to access sales objects, would full Enterprise edition really be needed?

We just got our Salesforce app (FlipDekk) approved and published on the Windows 8 dekstop Store  http://bit.ly/XmIp7r

Is there any way to bundle or promotethe it through your existing channels like the AppExchange or similar?

Have not found any info about this..

This is a very annoying thing when running demos on new computers... Is there a setting to turn it off?

Thanks

I am using the standard http based REST API via Xml (i.e. not APEX or SOAP) and so the QueryAll() method is not available.

I have tried various queries but can't get this to work..

What am I doing wrong here..?

<QueryResult>
  <done>true</done>
  <totalSize>0</totalSize>
</QueryResult>

SELECT Id, IsDeleted FROM Account WHERE IsDeleted=true ALL ROWS

<Errors>
  <Error>
    <errorCode>MALFORMED_QUERY</errorCode>
    <message>ALL ROWS not allowed in this context</message>
  </Error>
</Errors>

I am using the REST API on a client app and want to sync deleted records on server /client side respectively. How can I retrieve Ids from records there are in Recycle Bin?

We have tried the SOQL query:  

but it only gave this result despite the fact there are mutiple deleted Account items in the Recycle Bin:

<QueryResult>
  <done>true</done>
  <totalSize>0</totalSize>
</QueryResult>

Why is this, is there any solution?

On the Account and Opportunity objects there are some fields grouped under the Additional Information header on the web form. For Account e.g Customer Priority, SLA Expiration Date etc. and for Opportunity, Order Number, Current Generators etc..

These fields seems impossible to access via the REST API, or am I missing something?

I am using the REST API with XML and the HTTP PATCH method in order to update individual records e.g. Account. It works fine as long as the updated record have values in all its (xml) fields. But I cannot get it to work when I want to clear a specific field.

For example, lets say I want an Account record's Description field to become emtpy. I have tried variois ways below but nothing seems to work...

<root>
  <Description></Description> !-- also tried null, nillable etc -->
</root>

Thanks in advance 

I am trying to query Account-Opportunity-OpportunityLineItem using the query below. It does not work and I am aware the documentation says SOQL queries only manages 1-level of parent-to-child relationship...

However, is there any trick I can use to rewrite the query without the need of running two separated queries?

SELECT Account.Name,

(SELECT Opportunity.Name, (SELECT OpportunityLineItem.Description FROM OpportunityLineItems)

FROM Opportunities) FROM Account

Our REST API calls just suddenly stopped working since there is no way using the refresh_token procedure. We then found out there was actually no refresh_token provided after the user has been authenticated in the first place, even though this has always been the case previously.

We read a previous thread here about using that parameter scope=full, but whatever parameter we attach here there is always a HTTP Error 400 response. According to the documentation, if skipping the scope param it should default to ID + refresh_token + API. But when we skip it we only get this response: 

<OAuth>

<id>https://login.salesforce.com/id/XYZ</id>

<issued_at>1332580779061</issued_at>

<scope>full</scope>

<instance_url>https://na8.salesforce.com</instance_url>

<signature>XYZ</signature>

<access_token>XYZ</access_token>

</OAuth>

Why is this…?

Hi I am trying to do outlook integration and just want to know  how salesforce manages to sync the contact records..? Where is the Id of the contact stored or how does the outlook know which record to update when syncing..?

I need to modify a current API-query below to also include: Contact.Email and Asset.Description.

SELECT Account.Id, Account.Name, Description, Amount,

(SELECT PriceBookEntry.Product2.Name, Id, Quantity, FROM OpportunityLineItems)

FROM Opportunity

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance

/Lars