• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My requirement:

I have two drop downs in My screen

The first drop down should list only certain custom objects. (I dont want all of the custom objects available in the org to be listed here)

The second drop down is dependant on the first one, where I want to populate the record types into the second one based on which object was selected.

So If the first list had three options

Vehicle

Animal

Chemical

And I select Vehicle from first drop down, then second drop down should have all the record types of Vehicle and so on.

My questions:

a) is it possible to place all these specific custom objects that i need to populate into the first drop down in a global area that an admin can edit? Then I want to be able to query this into the drop down.

b) Any pointers to the overall solution to implementing the dependent drop down based on the scenario I described.

Hi buddy,

Could anyone tell me how to delete apex code on production? we are using UE. and i am admin. thanks.

Cheers

Atlantis

Hi Guys,

I create a formula field,DemoStreet on Account, which points to BillingStreet of Account.

But there are some enter keys(Carriage return) in the BillingStreet which i dont wanna keep.

e.g.

BillingStreet:  "The Landmark

@ One Market

Suite 300"

I expect DemoStreet to be "The Landmark @ One Market Suite 300"

Is there any way i can remove those enter keys in formula?

Many Thanks in advance.

Atlantis

I have numerous fields to move from one obj to another.
I couldnt image doing this manually in browser.
So i plan to use eclipse IDE, by copying fields into metadata file. 
All the fileds could be created successfully, except for the picklist fields.
All the new created picklist fields couldnt be edited on pagelayout. And all the settings seem same comparing with the normal picklist.
Anyone has any idea? Thanks.
Atlantis

I wanna share all kinds of records among the users with the same role.

But i hate to create sharing rules for each object i have created.

anybody knows if there is any easy way make it happen?

Thanks in advance.:smileytongue:

Regards,

Altantis

Hi guys,

Nobody in my team can see this kind of tasks.

I grant read/write access to them using sharing rules on contacts.

But it doesnt work.

Does anybody know how to let other ppl see this task.

Regards,

Atlantis

Hi guys,

I wanna create a task from home Tab, there is manifying glass button near Name field in task edit page.

Once i click it, it pops up a window with two buttons, go! and new.

And if i click new button, a layout with contacts info displays below the buttons.

My question is whether we could customize this layout?

PS: does anybody know how to insert image from local driver. I couldnt make it happen.

Regards,

Atlantis

Anybody knows who I should contact to enable that feature for my account : thomas.lai@fil.com?

Many thanks.

Atalantis

Hi Guys,

Supposing I created a custom field with URL type on any object,

I need to set the default value which navigates to a VF page. What I populate is i.e. '/apex/helloworld'. But when the link is clicked on detail page, it takes me to a new place http://apex/helloworld which is not existing.

Does anybody know how to insert relative instance name before the '/apex/helloworld', such as global variables?

Regards,

Atlantis

Hi Guys,

Supposing I created a custom field with URL type on any object, I need to set the default value which navigates to a VF page.

What I populate is i.e. '/apex/helloworld'. But when the link is clicked on detail page, it takes me to a new place http://apex/helloworld  which is not existing.

Does anybody know how to insert relative instance name before the '/apex/helloworld', such as global variables?

Regards,

Atlantis

I can see the field definition of Current Status in user object.

But I couldn't find it in pagelayour or user detail page.

PS: I am using systemadmin profile. and i didn't see the FLS settings for this field.

Does anybody know the reason?

Does it mean we cann't edit this field via standard UI?

Thanks & Regards,

Atlantis.

Which of the following is not a part of a Force.com app. Select one correct answer.

1. Notes
  2. Tab
  3. Links
  4. Forms

Please tell me the option and reason.

Regards,

Atlantis

SFDC sets number/currency/percentage fields RIGHT Aligned by default.

Is there any way to set them LEFT Aligned in stardard pagelayout, not using VF page.?

Thanks & Regards,

Atlantis

I built web app with partner wsdl 19.0 to connect to Force.com

App server: IBM WAS6,  jre: 1.4.2    It works fine.

But after WAS6 upgrates to WAS7, and I changed the jre to 1.6.  It has exceptions below:

I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me any clue?

Best Regards,

Atlantis

==========================================================

[8/4/10 15:47:25:861 CST] 00000029 servlet       I com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper init SRVE0242I: [FileStorageEAR] [/file] [FilterProxyServlet]: Initialization successful.

[8/4/10 15:47:25:891 CST] 00000029 servlet       I com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper init SRVE0242I: [FileStorageEAR] [/file] [AuthSvlt]: Initialization successful.

[8/4/10 15:47:31:790 CST] 00000029 WSX509TrustMa E   CWPKI0022E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE:  A signer with SubjectDN "CN=*.cs0.force.com, EMAILADDRESS=networkengineering@salesforce.com, OU=Applications, O="Salesforce.com, Inc.", L=San Francisco, ST=California, C=US" was sent from target host:port "c.cs2.visual.force.com:443".  The signer may need to be added to local trust store "C:/Program Files/IBM/SDP/runtimes/base_v7/profiles/was70profile1/config/cells/FTD0098Node02Cell/nodes/FTD0098Node02/trust.p12" located in SSL configuration alias "NodeDefaultSSLSettings" loaded from SSL configuration file "security.xml".  The extended error message from the SSL handshake exception is: "PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: invalid certificate, key identifier is missing from authority key identifier extension".

[8/4/10 11:22:13:239 CST] 0000002c SystemErr     R AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.userException
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.g: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: invalid certificate, key identifier is missing from authority key identifier extension
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
    {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.g: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: invalid certificate, key identifier is missing from authority key identifier extension
    at com.ibm.jsse2.n.a(n.java:42)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.sc.a(sc.java:277)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.gb.a(gb.java:354)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.gb.a(gb.java:292)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.hb.a(hb.java:118)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.hb.a(hb.java:162)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.gb.n(gb.java:262)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.gb.a(gb.java:177)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.sc.a(sc.java:71)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.sc.g(sc.java:167)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.sc.a(sc.java:357)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.sc.startHandshake(sc.java:97)
    at org.apache.axis.components.net.JSSESocketFactory.create(JSSESocketFactory.java:186)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:191)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:404)
    at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:138)
    at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
    at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
    at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)
    at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)
    at com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.getUserInfo(SoapBindingStub.java:3633)
    at com.fidelity.bean.InteractWithSf.verify(InteractWithSf.java:41)
    at com.fidelity.svlt.AuthSvlt.doPost(AuthSvlt.java:67)
    at com.fidelity.svlt.AuthSvlt.doGet(AuthSvlt.java:51)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:718)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1661)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1595)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:104)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:932)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:500)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:341)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.FilterProxyServlet.dispatch(FilterProxyServlet.java:88)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.FilterProxyServlet.service(FilterProxyServlet.java:62)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1661)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1595)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:104)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:997)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.invokeFilters(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:985)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.extension.DefaultExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(DefaultExtensionProcessor.java:682)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3826)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:276)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:931)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1583)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:455)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:384)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:83)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1550)
Caused by: com.ibm.jsse2.util.g: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: invalid certificate, key identifier is missing from authority key identifier extension
    at com.ibm.jsse2.util.e.b(e.java:78)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.util.e.b(e.java:45)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.util.d.a(d.java:12)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.gc.a(gc.java:15)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.gc.checkServerTrusted(gc.java:48)
    at com.ibm.ws.ssl.core.WSX509TrustManager.checkServerTrusted(WSX509TrustManager.java:358)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.hb.a(hb.java:116)
    ... 61 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: invalid certificate, key identifier is missing from authority key identifier extension
    at com.ibm.security.cert.PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.createCASelector(PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.java:705)
    at com.ibm.security.cert.PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.buildCertPath(PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.java:594)
    at com.ibm.security.cert.PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.engineBuild(PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.java:357)
    at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:258)
    at com.ibm.jsse2.util.e.b(e.java:51)
    ... 67 more

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:FTD0098

No.1 What are the components of an application?

No.2 What are the application building blocks provided by the Force.com
platform?

I think components and building blocks are the same things.

What do you think?

Many thanks.

Atlantis

Hi,

I have an intersting  task. As we know sf provids uploading document function.

we want to mock this function. Supposing user logins to SF and select file from local matchine (in the intranet network) to upload, after the save button is clicked, instead of uploading file to SF, the file, in fact, is moved from local matchine to another file server(in the same domain  in intranet network).

in addition, user can click the link in the document record to view the file's content.

Any guys have any ideas to make this happen?

I am planning to run an web service to move files in the intranet, and expose the function to SF.

Is it available?

Thanks

Just want to get the selected value of a picklist in formula,

and I know the CASE() or ISPICKVAL() should be used.

But it is terrible if there are mass of option in picklist.

I hate to do it like this.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Atlantis

Hi,

As we know, SF limit the length of auto number to maximum 10 digits.

I wonder what will happen if we want to create the 10,000,000,000th record.

Anybody knows it?

Thanks a lot

Atlantis 

Now I am working as SF admin in my coporation. 

I just want to put a table with 3 columns into page,

however the default section in page layout only has 1 or 2 columns. 

I guess I need some developer skills to do this customization.

Anyone has such experience to creat tables with more than 2 columns in SF?

Better only configuration not developing...

Thanks a lot. 

Hi buddy,

Could anyone tell me how to delete apex code on production? we are using UE. and i am admin. thanks.

Cheers

Atlantis

Hi Guys,

I create a formula field,DemoStreet on Account, which points to BillingStreet of Account.

But there are some enter keys(Carriage return) in the BillingStreet which i dont wanna keep.

e.g.

BillingStreet:  "The Landmark

@ One Market

Suite 300"

I expect DemoStreet to be "The Landmark @ One Market Suite 300"

Is there any way i can remove those enter keys in formula?

Many Thanks in advance.

Atlantis

I have numerous fields to move from one obj to another.
I couldnt image doing this manually in browser.
So i plan to use eclipse IDE, by copying fields into metadata file. 
All the fileds could be created successfully, except for the picklist fields.
All the new created picklist fields couldnt be edited on pagelayout. And all the settings seem same comparing with the normal picklist.
Anyone has any idea? Thanks.
Atlantis

Hi guys,

Nobody in my team can see this kind of tasks.

I grant read/write access to them using sharing rules on contacts.

But it doesnt work.

Does anybody know how to let other ppl see this task.

Regards,

Atlantis

Hi guys,

I wanna create a task from home Tab, there is manifying glass button near Name field in task edit page.

Once i click it, it pops up a window with two buttons, go! and new.

And if i click new button, a layout with contacts info displays below the buttons.

My question is whether we could customize this layout?

PS: does anybody know how to insert image from local driver. I couldnt make it happen.

Regards,

Atlantis

Anybody knows who I should contact to enable that feature for my account : thomas.lai@fil.com?

Many thanks.

Atalantis

Hi Guys,

Supposing I created a custom field with URL type on any object,

I need to set the default value which navigates to a VF page. What I populate is i.e. '/apex/helloworld'. But when the link is clicked on detail page, it takes me to a new place http://apex/helloworld which is not existing.

Regards,

Atlantis

Hi Guys,

Supposing I created a custom field with URL type on any object, I need to set the default value which navigates to a VF page.

What I populate is i.e. '/apex/helloworld'. But when the link is clicked on detail page, it takes me to a new place http://apex/helloworld  which is not existing.

Regards,

Atlantis

I can see the field definition of Current Status in user object.

But I couldn't find it in pagelayour or user detail page.

PS: I am using systemadmin profile. and i didn't see the FLS settings for this field.

Does anybody know the reason?

Does it mean we cann't edit this field via standard UI?

Thanks & Regards,

Atlantis.

My requirement:

I have two drop downs in My screen

The first drop down should list only certain custom objects. (I dont want all of the custom objects available in the org to be listed here)

The second drop down is dependant on the first one, where I want to populate the record types into the second one based on which object was selected.

So If the first list had three options

Vehicle

Animal

Chemical

And I select Vehicle from first drop down, then second drop down should have all the record types of Vehicle and so on.

My questions:

a) is it possible to place all these specific custom objects that i need to populate into the first drop down in a global area that an admin can edit? Then I want to be able to query this into the drop down.

b) Any pointers to the overall solution to implementing the dependent drop down based on the scenario I described.

Which of the following is not a part of a Force.com app. Select one correct answer.

1. Notes
  2. Tab
  3. Links
  4. Forms

Please tell me the option and reason.

Regards,

Atlantis

Would it be possible to update the Web Services Quick Start guide to reflect use of Axis 1.4?

The current documentation is written for Axis 1.3, which no longer appears to be supported. The WSDL generation steps make reference to JARs that are no longer available.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_quickstart_steps.htm

Thanks!

-Mike

I have 2 Account Assignment Rules Defined in This Territory
if I active both of them, there will be no account assigned to the territory.
if I active only 1 of them, it works fine.
the rule is very simple. just city code equels certain number (there are a lot of numbers in one territory and no rules, so it needs to be added 1 by 1)
it seems one territory only accepts one rule....
But I want to run multiple rules in one territory without creating child territory. Does anyone know how to do it?