• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Can any one please guide me use cases about 'Flows'. Where all these can be useful.

Any links to some good videos about flows or any other useful links to do hands on 'Flows'.

Regards,

Sunil

Hi,

I was wondering if we have triggers written on an object for insert/update events, is it advisable to have workflows with Field updates.

I was wondering checking rule criteria and then updating field based on that in Work flows, can be achived in triggers as well.

So why we use Workflows to update a field as updating field means again executing the triggers.

Please help me understanding Work flows and field updates.

Thanks,

Sunil

Hello,

I am planing to go for Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer exam.

I wanted to know, upto what release features the questions will be asked.

I am planning to go for certification in a week or so.

Thanks,

Sunil Bansal

Hello Friends,

I know that there is a limit of 10000 rows for SOQL query.

But I have more than 10000 rows to process, how can I do that in pure VF/Apex approach.

Thanks,

Sunil

Hello,

I created a simple VF custom component from the cookbook example (increment-decrement custom component).
There is also some javascript in the custom component.
I have used this custom component in other VF page.When this custom component get rendered in the VF page, all this custom component gets rendered in a <span> tag, so also the javascript is also in this span tag. When any function from this javascript is called, Error comes and says that function is not defined.

Has any one of you created a custom component with javascript, and used that javascript function in your component. Looks like a bug in rendering of the custom component or there should be some other way to use the custom component or to use the javascript in custom component.

Any thoughts/ suggests are welcome.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi,

Can any one please guide me use cases about 'Flows'. Where all these can be useful.

Any links to some good videos about flows or any other useful links to do hands on 'Flows'.

Regards,

Sunil

Hi,

I was wondering if we have triggers written on an object for insert/update events, is it advisable to have workflows with Field updates.

I was wondering checking rule criteria and then updating field based on that in Work flows, can be achived in triggers as well.

So why we use Workflows to update a field as updating field means again executing the triggers.

Please help me understanding Work flows and field updates.

Thanks,

Sunil

Hello Friends,

I know that there is a limit of 10000 rows for SOQL query.

But I have more than 10000 rows to process, how can I do that in pure VF/Apex approach.

Thanks,

Sunil

Hello,

I created a simple VF custom component from the cookbook example (increment-decrement custom component).
There is also some javascript in the custom component.
I have used this custom component in other VF page.When this custom component get rendered in the VF page, all this custom component gets rendered in a <span> tag, so also the javascript is also in this span tag. When any function from this javascript is called, Error comes and says that function is not defined.

Has any one of you created a custom component with javascript, and used that javascript function in your component. Looks like a bug in rendering of the custom component or there should be some other way to use the custom component or to use the javascript in custom component.

Any thoughts/ suggests are welcome.

Thanks,
Sunil
Hi,

In my application(apex) i want:-

1)Certain values to be accessible to whole organization. Like an array of all countries and states etc. that would be used by all the users.

2) Certain values to be accessible in entire user's session. i.e. once set for one user session would be accessible to all classes when called from the same session. e.g. if I place user's company id in session/cache then it should be accessible across multiple pages(wherever user navigates). something like we do with Cache/Sessions in .NET/Java.

Please reply how to achieve the above mentioned features.

Thanks in advance,
A.V.