• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
In Winter '18, we are unable to consistently refresh Lightning components.  It appears that they display properly once or twice, but then we can no longer refresh the browser in any way to display the latest version.

We have tried to see the updated component in different browsers on the same machine and even on different machines. Its as though an older version of the component is being cached on the server.

Any ideas of what's happening?
The inputfield in the following code was working for us in Summer '17.  However, it no longer works in Winter '18.

<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes,force:appHostable,force:hasRecordId" access="GLOBAL">
<aura:attribute name="newItem" type="AQB__Batch_Item__c" access="GLOBAL" default="{ sobjectType: 'AQB__Batch_Item__c', 'AQB__Account__c': '', 'AQB__Method__c': '' }" />

<table>
<tr>
<td >Account:</td>
<td >
<force:inputField aura:id="inputAccountLookup" value="{!v.newItem.AQB__Account__c}" />
</td>
<td >Entry Type:</td>
<td >
<force:inputField aura:id="inputMethod" value="{!v.newItem.AQB__Method__c}" />
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</aura:component>

The inputfield is not working preceeded by a span or div either.

I am getting a series of errors while installing my managed beta package in a test developer org.  They appear related to unit test routines that work perfectly prior to packaging and in the packaging process, but fail during the installation.  

If I check "Ignore Apex Errors" during the installation process, the installation proceeds normally.

Here is the type of error I'm getting:

Apex Classes(01pA00000023cDB) testemploymenttriggers.testEmploymentUpsert()
System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, AQB.AccountBeforeInsert: execution of BeforeInsert

caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject

It looks like I'm getting an error similar to this while loading the package on every test class that I developed.

Any ideas of what's going on?

Thanks,

Jeff

I have created a managed beta package.  I have about a dozen custom labels on standard fields on the account object and on the contact object.  I can't find any way to add these components to my application when I create the package.

Can custom labels be packaged?  How do I get custom labels onto the component list to be packaged?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

I thought I read somewhere that a change was going to be made in packaging so that we could package standard button overrides in managed packages.

Cannot anyone confirm or refute this statement?

Thanks for your responses.

I'm trying to do some work with Flex, but am unable to login in.  I use this sample code from the Salesforce documentation:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <mx:WindowedApplication applicationComplete="init()" xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" xmlns:salesforce="http://www.salesforce.com/"> <salesforce:AIRConnection id="force" /> <mx:DataGrid id="mygrid" right="10" left="10" top="10" bottom="10"> </mx:DataGrid> <mx:Script> <![CDATA[ import com.salesforce.results.QueryResult; import com.salesforce.results.LoginResult; import com.salesforce.AsyncResponder; import com.salesforce.objects.LoginRequest; private function init():void{ var lr:LoginRequest = new LoginRequest(); lr.username = "xxxxxxxxxxx.com"; lr.password = "xxxxxxxx"; lr.callback = new AsyncResponder(loadGrid); force.login(lr); } private function loadGrid(lr:LoginResult):void{ force.query("Select Id, FirstName, LastName From Contact", new AsyncResponder( function(qr:QueryResult):void { mygrid.dataProvider = qr.records; }) ); } ]]> </mx:Script> </mx:WindowedApplication>

(UserId and password have been masked).

However, when I run this, I get the following errors in the console:

[SWF] demo.swf - 1,551,231 bytes after decompression

offline but we will succeed at logging in anyways

query - offline

Error: Error #3104: A SQLConnection must be open to perform this operation.

This is followed by a list of subsequent problems caused by the lack of connection.

I've tried most of the other sample code as well and always end up with essentially the same problem - the app loads, but there is no data visible.  It feels like there must be something wrong somewhere in my setup.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?

Thanks for your help.

I've started working with Adobe flex and have copied the code from "Creating a Flex Mashup on Force.com" (found on this page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Creating_a_Flex_Mashup_on_Force.com) in its entirety.

I've also tried the two other example provided by Salesforce on this page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_Adobe_AIR_and_Flex.

When I run the second sample i get these messages in the console: 

[SWF] demo.swf - 1,551,229 bytes after decompression

offline but we will succeed at logging in anyways

query - offline

SQLError: 'Error #3115: SQL Error.', details:'no such table: 'Contact'', operation:'execute', detailID:'2013'

Select Id, FirstName, LastName FROM `Contact`;

SQLError: 'Error #3115: SQL Error.', details:'no such table: 'Contact'', operation:'execute', detailID:'2013'

Select Id, FirstName, LastName FROM `Contact`;

It seems to imply that I'm off line, but I'm not.

In any event, it appears that I am unable to login in either case.

Does anyone have any idea of what might be going wrong?

Thanks for your help.

I've created a component for a Google Visualization orgchart.  Everything in the component seems to work correctly except the Javascript listener event.

The code that works correctly looks like this:

<apex:component >

<html>

<head>

<apex:attribute name="jsondata" description="This is the chart data" type="string" required="true" />

<apex: outputPanel id="chart_div">

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.google.com/jsapi'></script>

<script type='text/javascript'>

google.load('visualization', '1', {packages:['orgchart']});

google.setOnLoadCallback(drawChart);

function drawChart() {

var data = new google.visualization.DataTable(eval( '({!jsondata})' ));

var chart = new google.visualization.OrgChart(document.getElementById('{!$Component.chart_div}'));

google.visualization.events.addListener(chart, 'select', selectHandler);

chart.draw(data, {allowCollapse: true, allowHtml: true});

}

google.setOnLoadCallback(drawVisualization);

function selectHandler(){

alert('You selected a row.');

}

</script>

</apex: outputPanel>

</head>

</html>

</apex:component>

However, if I simply add one line of code to the function handler like this:

function selectHandler(){

var row = chart.getSelection()[0].row;

alert('You selected a row.');

}

The event no longer seems to work (at least the alert doesn't fire). 

I'm trying to capture the row number so that I can add additional rows to the orgchart based upon data in the row selected.

Any help or pointers you might be able to give regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated.

JR

I am interested in periodically updating a portion of a visualforce page (contained within an output panel) directly from a controller extension.

The application needs to load a fair amount of data and what I would like to do is to periodically refresh the output panel with the data that has been loaded up to that point.

Is there a way to force a portion of the visualforce page to refresh from code in the controller extension.

Thanks for your help,

JR

I'm having trouble getting an org chart google visualization working.  I don't have any problem getting the sample code working for orgcharts from http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/documentation/gallery/orgchart.html.

I'm also able to get the datachart working as per the example from http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Google_Visualizations.

Then I created my own page with a datachart using a json dataset with the appropriate columns to support an org chart.  I displayed this json data on my visual force page with this code:

<c:DataTable jsondata="{!RelationTable}"/>

The chart displayed perfectly and the data appeared to be in exactly the format required for an orgchart.

Then I added this statement to display the data in orgchart format:

<c:orgchart jsondata="{!RelationTable}"/>

However, this statement gives me the following error when I try to save the visual force page:

"Component c:orgchart does not exist"

Does anyone have any idea of why the orgchart is not considered a valid component?  Is there some other visual force code or script that can be used to display the orgchart?  I tried modifying the code from the documentation gallery example to use json data, but I was unable to get that to work.

Thanks for reading this and any help you might be able to offer.

I have placed a custom button on the account page which calls a visualforce page.  At the top of the custom page is a form collecting data for a custom object.  Below the form I display a small heading using HTML to indicate that the data shown below the heading is the account data to which the new row will be linked.  I then use the <apex:detail/> statement to display the account from which the form was called.  Everything works fine when the page is displayed. Everything works fine when I fill in the data and a new record is created which is properly linked to the account.

However, I have a problem when the data does not pass the validation tests for the custom object.  For example, if I have a required field which is left blank during data entry and hit the save key, I get a page which displays my form with an error next to the field which should have been filled in just as I would have expected.  The HTML heading displays, but the <apex:detail/> command is totally ignored.

Any idea of what's going on?  Is there a way to make this work properly?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you might be able to render.

I am trying to build some help pages for use in Visualforce pages.  My plan is to build several pages in HTML, each as a separate document, zip them into a folder, and then upload the folder as a static resource.

Is there a way that I can extract a single text document from a static resource?  I see a way to do this with images, but can't find any examples of how this is done with documents.

Secondly, if I am able to extract the HTML, will I be able to display the HTML document properly or will I only be able to display the HTML and its tags as text?

Any other ideas on how this might be accomplished?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff
I am creating a managed package for distribution to several different organizations.  I have a need to use visual force pages.  I am confused by what is allowed in passing parameters to these pages in a managed package.

I can call these pages with the following type of URL successfully in my developer instance:  "/apex/mypage?param1=xyz&param2=abc" and it works fine.  However, some of the posts on this board indicate this might not work in a managed package.

I have also seen references to the use of URLFOR, although the solution above seems more straightforward.

I'm generally doing this from a custom button on either the detail page or from a related list button.  It has been suggested in this forum that one must use a visualforce page in a managed package to keep this all straight and that the page must use a standard controller.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work with a button on a related list.

I would appreciate clarification of exactly what can be done to pass parameters to a visualforce page in a managed package.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

In Winter '18, we are unable to consistently refresh Lightning components.  It appears that they display properly once or twice, but then we can no longer refresh the browser in any way to display the latest version.

We have tried to see the updated component in different browsers on the same machine and even on different machines. Its as though an older version of the component is being cached on the server.

Any ideas of what's happening?

The Structure to be developed looks like this.... 

-hierarchyhierarchy6 Amex4

- 5 New Cost Centre1

- 4 New Cost Centre2

|  - 3 New Cost Centre 3

|  |  - 2 New Cost Centre 4

|  |  |  |-1 New Cost Centre5

|  |  |  |- 0 New Cost Centre 6

|  |  |

|  | + 2 New Cost Centre 7

|  - 2 New Cost Centre 10

|    |- 1 New Cost Centre 11

|    |- 1 New Cost Centre 12

- 2 New Cost Centre 13

|- 1 New Cost Centre14

Could some one suggest a solution how to get this kind of tree-structure in VF ??

• October 08, 2009

I'm having trouble getting an org chart google visualization working.  I don't have any problem getting the sample code working for orgcharts from http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/documentation/gallery/orgchart.html.

I'm also able to get the datachart working as per the example from http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Google_Visualizations.

Then I created my own page with a datachart using a json dataset with the appropriate columns to support an org chart.  I displayed this json data on my visual force page with this code:

<c:DataTable jsondata="{!RelationTable}"/>

The chart displayed perfectly and the data appeared to be in exactly the format required for an orgchart.

Then I added this statement to display the data in orgchart format:

<c:orgchart jsondata="{!RelationTable}"/>

However, this statement gives me the following error when I try to save the visual force page:

"Component c:orgchart does not exist"

Does anyone have any idea of why the orgchart is not considered a valid component?  Is there some other visual force code or script that can be used to display the orgchart?  I tried modifying the code from the documentation gallery example to use json data, but I was unable to get that to work.

Thanks for reading this and any help you might be able to offer.

Hi,

I'm currently working on setting up a visualforce page that contains a gauge from the Google Visualization library, and while the gauge shows on initial page load, if I attempt to rerender the section (inside of an outputpanel) the header will show but the gauge itself won't.

I can examine the page and see that the JSON is being updated, so I'm not sure what I may be doing wrong here.  Can anyone help out or have struggled through this already?

I have placed a custom button on the account page which calls a visualforce page.  At the top of the custom page is a form collecting data for a custom object.  Below the form I display a small heading using HTML to indicate that the data shown below the heading is the account data to which the new row will be linked.  I then use the <apex:detail/> statement to display the account from which the form was called.  Everything works fine when the page is displayed. Everything works fine when I fill in the data and a new record is created which is properly linked to the account.

However, I have a problem when the data does not pass the validation tests for the custom object.  For example, if I have a required field which is left blank during data entry and hit the save key, I get a page which displays my form with an error next to the field which should have been filled in just as I would have expected.  The HTML heading displays, but the <apex:detail/> command is totally ignored.

Any idea of what's going on?  Is there a way to make this work properly?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that you might be able to render.

Hi,

I am working on a Flex application integration with Salesforce.

It was working fine until i created a managed package. Now it  gives Page test2__MyExamplePage does not exist message.

I developed the application and created the managed package in my Test Account 1. Managed package namespace is test1.

I installed managed package to my Test Account 2. It also has a namespace named test2.

The problem is in this code:

/apex/MyExamplePage?objectId={!Campaign.Id}&returnUrl={!URLFOR( $Action.Campaign.View , Campaign.Id)}

And this code is defined in my object's custom button. Content Source is URL.

Whenever I click that button from Test Account 2, it tries to find test2.na6.salesforce.com/apex/MyExamplePage?xxxxxxxxxx.

But it should try to connect to test1 namespace.

How can I forward it to the right namespace?

Thanks,

Umut