• 10 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

It looks like there is an option to grant access to setup data to an app exchange publisher. We have a customer that granted us access, but we have no idea how to login to their org to review the setup data. I'm sure we just missed the announcement, so can anyone point us to the steps on how to login? Do we do it from our DE account or our LMA account?

Thanks!

• May 25, 2011

Hi,

We have an application that should have the certified apex permission so that a PE user can run apex. But we just had a customer pay and fail on their PE trial org.They get the standard class feature not available error:

Missing featureApex ClassesInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

Does anyone have ideas of what to try next? We've opened a ticket but nobody has responded yet and they already paid and are waiting. Any ideas?

Thanks!

DSL

• May 17, 2011

I have a package that has been installed for a long time, before chatter. I tried to remove the package and it would not let me because some of the page layouts in the package were assigned to the chatter free and chatter moderator system profiles.

If I go to the layout edit page (let's say for lead layouts) and click Page Assignment, it shows me all of the profiles EXCEPT the two chatter ones. So there is no way to assign the chatter profiles to another layout. That makes sense because chatter users should not have leads/contacts/etc...But yet they are assigned to the profile,as the package uninstall tells me when it fails to uninstall.

This really seems like a bug unless anyone knows how to force an uninstall.

Any ideas?

• January 17, 2011

Hi,

I have a custom field on std objects that we need to modify but can't. They are flagged as being a unique ID from other data source, but then t hit another silly limit on the number of unique ID fields.

I can't find a way to delete the field and start over, and I can't uncheck the box saying unique field.

Can anyone help to modify either setting so our customers can install without the silly limit restrictions?

Thanks!

DSL

• January 08, 2011

We have a package that used to work for group edition customers. We then added more features and created 2 custom fields on the activity object. Now group customer can't install due to a silly restriction on custom fields on activities for Group.

Is there any way to either remove that restriction for a package or give the user's org the ability to have custom fields on activities?

If no, any work-arounds we can do? I need to track 2 text values as part of an activity record.

Thanks!

DSL

• December 07, 2010

We have a customer trying to install our managed package (aloha app). They have a group edition, but our app should be able to run in GE/PE because of the aloha flags. We have a dashboard in the app, and the user is getting this error on install:

Package install error
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.

Missing feature Dashboards      Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Dashboards

But they do have the dashboards enabled in their org. Does anyone know where to look for this or is there any way to remove the dashboard from our managed package? I could not see an option to remove under the create->packages setup.

Thanks!

DSL

• November 15, 2010

Is the Salesforce CRM for Outlook available yet? As posted here: http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Desktop-Integration/Outlook-2007-still-crashes/td-p/181714, the old outlook client still crashes on win7 and to make it work, you must run as admin!

Any help yet?

• June 18, 2010

Is a JSON library ever going to make it? Every time we try to decode JSON with the code that Ron provided, we hit a limit on the number of lines since we decode lists of objects in JSON.

Does this affect anyone else and any hope of getting a core JSON library?

• June 18, 2010

If I have a package that references some chatter objects, can it be installed by a customer that has not yet enabled chatter via the setup pages?

Thanks!

DSL

• June 18, 2010

I note in some of Dave Carroll's code share and a couple of blog posts, that there was a bug in XmlStreamReader. See this here from one of his snippets:

// TODO
/* This is to avoid a bug in XmlStreamReader - 
 * it can't handle extended characters
 */
xml = xml.replaceAll('ö', 'o');	
xml = xml.replaceAll('ø', 'o');
xml = xml.replaceAll('“', '"');
xml = xml.replaceAll('”', '"');
xml = xml.replaceAll('&#[^;]*;', '');

These lines essentially filter out all unicode characters like foreign languages.

Does anyone know:

1) Does the bug still exist, and what was the bug? Just some characters? Simple tests look like it works fine.

2) Do the new DOM Document and XMLNode class suffer any similar bugs?

Thanks!

• May 27, 2010

Is it ever going to be possible to use outlook 2007 with the outlook plugin? The latest version still causes a crash whenever we send an email and save it to sfdc. It has to do with UAC on win7. If we set outlook to run with admin privs (VERY bad idea), then things work fine. If outlook runs normally, we get the crash.

When we click the sfdc button send and save to salesforce, it does its sync, then the pop-up comes back and says email sent. Once you click OK, you get an appcrash, pasted below.

Can anyone ever find an answer for this one? It's been there for years with vista and now win7.

Thanks!

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    OUTLOOK.EXE
  Application Version:    12.0.6514.5000
  Application Timestamp:    4a89dc70
  Fault Module Name:    StackHash_7d3b
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bdadb
  Exception Code:    c0000374
  Exception Offset:    000c283b
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    7d3b
  Additional Information 2:    7d3bbdc7f6105f3a8c115ea3c6f29217
  Additional Information 3:    daeb
  Additional Information 4:    daebd98b06141275b6b7a6b75c82e859

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

• April 28, 2010

Maybe this is a known issue?

We have some custom buttons that we have included in our managed package for the page layout. When I install the package, the buttons are on the layout for a fresh install, but are not there if the button appeared on an upgrade. This is both the main button as well as a button on a related list.

Any plans to fix that one and override the layout when you upgrade a package?

• April 09, 2010

This is not documented so at a minimum, perhaps the docs should be updated.

I tried to add an element to a zero-sized list and put it in the first position, and apex threw an exception. Why should I not be allowed to do this?

List<Integer> i = new List<Integer>();

i.add(0,44);

• March 22, 2010

I saw that you can now package a page layout, but not many details. If I package the Contact layout, what will happen when my client installs but has already customized their layout? Will it replace their customizations, create a new layout, merge the two? Ideally, we could package layout components so that they could just add our custom components (like a custom field, button, or VF page) into their existing layout.

Any guidance on how it works behind the scenes?

Any hope of packaging Remote Site Settings?

Thanks!

dsl

• October 24, 2009

Is there a way to use the selected values from an enhancedlist? I can put an enhancedlist on any custom vf page no problem. I then can use my views and find leads/contacts.

Now what if I do this and have a customcontroller behind the VF page. Is there any way to assign the selected values to a list in the controller? I see you can do a selectList, but then I have to query the data myself. 

The ideal would be if enhancedlist had a value= or selected="" attribute. Since there is not one, any suggestions?

Thanks!

• September 17, 2009

We're having troubles with permissions when packaging for a force.com edition.

1) The platform profile never gets access to the VF pages. You have to go to the security settings of each one and add the profile. All others get it, but not the platform one. Could it be because the dev edition does not have a platform user profile? Either way, this seems like a bug. The platform profile has perms to the objects and apex classes, but not vf pages.

2) The platform profile can't see the dashboard we package. They can run the reports, but can't see the dashboard. I could not see any perm settings there at all. But if the platform admin re-creates the same dashboard, then the free users have perms. 

These seem like perm/packaging bugs but not sure. Any thoughts?

• August 30, 2009

We have a package that sometimes takes a while to install on the platform edition. When that happens, I get that page that says Your request is in progress. You will be notified by email when it completes.

Once it completes, I finally discovered that it really didn't complete. None of the custom objects were deployed. They are installed, but not deployed because I never was shown that deploy button.  When I go to installed packages we there have the deploy button.

But that email that comes never says to push the deploy button and as the package author, we would have no idea if this happens to have to write a new section in the install docs.

How about it auto-deploy in cases like this or else have that email say you need to deploy the package still?

• August 28, 2009

I think we've narrowed this down a bit. I am using Vista Business and Outlook 2007, both latest patch. I have salesforce outlook plugin 3.3.1.2 and can cause a crash on demand.

If I use the button send and add to salesforce, it will crash outlook. Here's the key. If I am saving a record for a contact that I have already sync'ed to salesforce, it will NOT crash. If I save an email and do not have an outlook contact established AND synced at least once, it will crash outlook.

Any ideas?

• August 20, 2009

I installed an app on the platform edition and had the hardest time figuring out why the free user could not see it. I solved the issue by modifying the profile to manually allow VF page access to the pages in the package.

If the profile has an app as the default, shouldn't it by default have permission to all of the VF pages in that package? Sure makes it harder to deploy an app that way.

Is this intended or a bug?

Thanks!

DSL

• August 16, 2009

We are testing the platform edition and ran into a snag. I uploaded a package and set it as the default application for the free edition profile. But the package required the Account object so it wouldn't run.

I then tried to remove the package and it wouldn't let me because it is a default app of a profile. I got to edit the free edition profile and can not change the default app or any visibility settings on the free user profile.

Any idea how to fix this so we can remove the package and give the free user a different one?

Thanks!

• August 16, 2009

Hi,

We have an application that should have the certified apex permission so that a PE user can run apex. But we just had a customer pay and fail on their PE trial org.They get the standard class feature not available error:

Missing featureApex ClassesInstalling this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Apex Classes

Does anyone have ideas of what to try next? We've opened a ticket but nobody has responded yet and they already paid and are waiting. Any ideas?

Thanks!

DSL

• May 17, 2011

Hi,

I have a custom field on std objects that we need to modify but can't. They are flagged as being a unique ID from other data source, but then t hit another silly limit on the number of unique ID fields.

I can't find a way to delete the field and start over, and I can't uncheck the box saying unique field.

Can anyone help to modify either setting so our customers can install without the silly limit restrictions?

Thanks!

DSL

• January 08, 2011

We have a customer trying to install our managed package (aloha app). They have a group edition, but our app should be able to run in GE/PE because of the aloha flags. We have a dashboard in the app, and the user is getting this error on install:

Package install error
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.

Missing feature Dashboards      Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Dashboards

But they do have the dashboards enabled in their org. Does anyone know where to look for this or is there any way to remove the dashboard from our managed package? I could not see an option to remove under the create->packages setup.

Thanks!

DSL

• November 15, 2010

I installed an app on the platform edition and had the hardest time figuring out why the free user could not see it. I solved the issue by modifying the profile to manually allow VF page access to the pages in the package.

If the profile has an app as the default, shouldn't it by default have permission to all of the VF pages in that package? Sure makes it harder to deploy an app that way.

Is this intended or a bug?

Thanks!

DSL

• August 16, 2009

We sell a managed package that adds custom fields to contacts, leads, and accounts. We have a customer that enabled S2S and the accounts and contacts tabs would not work until they removed our app.

I don't know if they tried to share our custom fields or not. But as long as they don't try to share our custom field, should this work as intended or has anyone at SFDC ever tested S2S when running a licensed app? 

Thanks!

• July 10, 2009

Hi,

If I create a custom component, is there any way to update a value on the parent controller? Let's say as a parameter passed into the custom component, I gave a value like {!value}. Can the controller behind the custom component modify that variable that's on the main page's custom controller? In java you might do this with a shared bean or session variable. What about in apex?

I have several VF tabs on my page. Each tab is a different business function. I end up re-using code on multiple VF pages so it would be great to make each tab a component so I can re-use thm elsewhere.  Right now it's monolithic. But a link on one tab may cause the VF page to jump you to another tab and use a commandlink parameter.

So if we were to break this up into custom components, we would need to somehow pass data between them. Is that possible somehow? It looks like variables only flow one way or maybe we just don't know how to do it?

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

DSL

• April 12, 2009

I'm trying to do something very simple. I have a custom object with a number value:

object.field = 50.

I want to make a dashboard gauge that shows that value.

But every time I try to make a report, it shows the number of records...always 1 for me. Is there a way to have the gauge chart show the value, not the number of records?

If so, how?

Thanks!

DSL

• April 09, 2009

I was trying the google viz code and could make a pie chart. But I couldn't figure out how to generate the corrent json string to make a Gauge.

Has anyone made a gauge before and could share a snippet of how to define the googleviz rows and cells to make it draw? I'm trying to put 2 or 3 together.

Thanks!

DSL

• April 09, 2009

I know the silly rules about one managed package per DE and all.

But if I get 2 DE accounts and each upload, can they share the same one publisher listing on the app exchange? If so, how do you get the managed package from DE2 into the publisher login for DE1.Do we really have to maintain multiple publisher logins on the appexchange as well?

Thanks,

DSL

• April 02, 2009

The upgrade of one of our existing packages failed until I added a user license to the package for the user who runs the install.

Even when he is a system administrator this seems to be necessary. The admin is not necessarily one of the users of our application.

Is it true that you need an assigned license to upgrade a package ?

I never noticed that and may need to document this for our customers.

Maybe this can be shown to the user before starting the install instead of sending a cryptic "Install failed..." email.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Forcecode on 04-02-2009 04:48 AM

I opened a case for this one but it seems like partner portal cases are just a black hole. Anyone have a better place for package/appexchange cases? Maybe old-fashioned email?

This one really screams of a bug but maybe someone here has an idea. We released a managed package that worked in all editions, even PE. We then started building and linked in the Campaign object. We were about to publish but DID NOT when we saw the campaign in there. (won't work in PE) 

So we unwound all of the code and made a custom object to use instead of campaign. This all worked great except for one piece. For some reason Campaign is still required. It is included in a dependency on our VF page. Not the controller, the actual VF page.

Now how a VF page could ever require a Campaign feature is beyond me. I know it USED to reference campaign objects the controller. But those were removed and relinked to a custom object. But it seems like something in the dependency checker did not "re-check" correctly. A VF page can't require any feature as far as I know since it only references the custom controller or static resources (CSS/JS).

Any thoughts on where to go? I have several PE customers waiting to buy and one that already bought!

Thanks!

• March 26, 2009

Ok, so here is it. 

• I have a customer who installed a trial version of a managed package into their sandbox. 
  • Our LMA does not show a license record for that new installation.
  • We have a workflow that sends out an automated email to the customer when the package is about to expire based on the LMA's License Record's Expiration field.  They got that message.  How did that happen if the record never existed?
  • Problem: Customer needs an extension of the trial period.  How can I extend the trial period if the LMA record does not exist?

What is the reason that the install into the sandbox does not show in the LMA?

Will it actually expire in the sandbox? (maybe this answers the question above?)

If it will expire, how do I extend it if I can't see it in the LMA?

I have used the Data Explorer to see if there are more records there than the web interface is displaying, but I didn't see anything.

Ideas? Answers?

Thanks Much.

During the last 3-4 months, outlook crashes when I send an email/add to sf. It does restart, but I would like to know how to address. Help!