• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am taking the developer certification on wednesday. I ve got a couple of questions:

1. Do I have to go through cheat sheets and remember all the functions and stuff for the test?

2. Any sample questions available anywhere so as to have a warm up before taking the test?

Can anyone please clarify on these?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

Does the Developer certification exam consist of multiple answer questions?

And can anyone suggest me what study material i have to go through for taking this test?

Thanks,

Sandeep

While opening a visual force page i would like to see some fields displayonly dynamically. How to achieve this functionality through an apex class? is there any particular syntax like 'field.display = false' ? Please suggest.

Hi,

If anyone of u observed the Billing Address filed in Account object, it is a concatenation of 5 fields and whenever u double click on it to edit it, a window is popped up which consists of all 5 fileds to edit them. Can anyone suggest me on how to achieve this functionality in a visualforce page? or is there any way to clone the delivered functionality of the Billing Address Field?

In a select list tag, i am retrieving data from an object. In value attribute, i gave custom merge field. When i tried to save it, multi-select list value is not getting saved. i m nt facing this problem when i dont use multiselect attribute for select list tag.

Please help me in this regard.

cheers,

Sandeep

Hi All,

I have written the following code to retrieve data based on a field in a custom object page :

Apex Class:

Public class selaff {

public list<Product_PT__c> values;
 private final Quote__c acct;
 list<Product_PT__c> products ;
// The extension constructor initializes the private member
// variable acct by using the getRecord method from the standard
// controller.
public selaff(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
this.acct = (Quote__c)stdController.getRecord();
}

Public List<SelectOption> getProduct() {
   List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();
   //values =  [select Name, Quote_Id__c, Product_Name__c
    //from Quote__c];
    values = [select Name, Base_Price__c from Product_PT__c where Name =  :System.currentPageReference()
.getParameters().get('Product_Name__c')];

Integer j = [select count() from Product_PT__c where Name = :System.currentPageReference()
.getParameters().get('Product_Name__c')];

Integer i=0;
                for(i=0; i<j; i++)
    options.add(new selectoption(values[i].Name,values[i].Name));
    return options;

}
}

page code :

<apex:page StandardController="Quote__c" extensions="selaff">
<apex:form ><apex:selectCheckboxes value = "{!products}">
                        <apex:selectOptions value="{!Product}"/>
                </apex:selectCheckboxes><p/>
</apex:form>

</apex:page>

It is retrieving a blank page as a result. Is this the right way to refer to a value dynamically(as shown in the code with bold font)? Please help me with any other ways to achieve this functionality.

Can anyone help me in this regard? I learnt that we can export data to a csv file from salesforce through data loader but how to export it to an xls file?

Hi,

I have a scenario where i have to display all the records of products in a page and user can select any number of rows. After the selection of records(products), sum of all the selected product prices is to be calculated . Can anyone suggest me how to do this?

I know how to do data updation on selected number of rows, but calculating the sum, i need some suggestions in this regard...

can anyone tell me how to update a column of  a table through apex classes?

I have created a method for updating and i used update(list type variable) command. It is throwing a run time error like "Illegal view ID update. The ID must begin with / "

what does this mean? please suggest...

How to convert a list of custom object type to integer data type? Is there any type casting in apex to do it? Anyone please suggest

Hi All,

I have 10 check box fileds in a page and i can check any of them depending on the requirement. i want to have a  summary field which is the sum of all the fields that are checked. Can any one suggest me on how to develop this functionality?

Hi All,

I am trying to include a grid or a table of contents in a page. I couldnt find it in customising page layouts. Can any of you help me out by suggesting on this?

Hi all,

I am taking the developer certification on wednesday. I ve got a couple of questions:

1. Do I have to go through cheat sheets and remember all the functions and stuff for the test?

2. Any sample questions available anywhere so as to have a warm up before taking the test?

Can anyone please clarify on these?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi All,

Does the Developer certification exam consist of multiple answer questions?

And can anyone suggest me what study material i have to go through for taking this test?

Thanks,

Sandeep

While opening a visual force page i would like to see some fields displayonly dynamically. How to achieve this functionality through an apex class? is there any particular syntax like 'field.display = false' ? Please suggest.

Hi

I would like to use SOQL Query tool . I saw the mention of it in one of the pages here in SFDC. I am trying to find out info about where to download, how to use it etc.

Could you point me to the right direction .

thanks 

• April 06, 2009
Can anyone help me in this regard? I learnt that we can export data to a csv file from salesforce through data loader but how to export it to an xls file?

can anyone tell me how to update a column of  a table through apex classes?

I have created a method for updating and i used update(list type variable) command. It is throwing a run time error like "Illegal view ID update. The ID must begin with / "

what does this mean? please suggest...

How to convert a list of custom object type to integer data type? Is there any type casting in apex to do it? Anyone please suggest

Hi All,

I have 10 check box fileds in a page and i can check any of them depending on the requirement. i want to have a  summary field which is the sum of all the fields that are checked. Can any one suggest me on how to develop this functionality?

How to update the value of a lookup field dynamically based on a value on some other field/based on the value of some other field in some other object ? Please help if any one is aware of this....
  • January 29, 2009