• 5 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm noticing issues with the new plugin related to syntax highlighting when editing VisualForce .page files. It intermittently stops highlight part of the text in the document. I haven't found a pattern when it occurs. 

It is also rendering squiggly yellow lines under my <apex:page> tag, and my first  <script> tag. Any ideas why? These are the first 2  items in my page.

<apex:page standardController="SR__c" 
	extensions="HSRControllerExtension" 
	showHeader="true" 
	sidebar="true" 
	tabStyle="SRt__c" 
	title="Entry Page" >

<script type="text/javascript" src="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery142, 'js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js')}" />

Thanks,

Rich C. 

• April 21, 2010

Is the new eclipse Force.com plugin available today & where do I get it? I've been looking around the developer site, but couldn't find any info.

Thanks,

Rich C.

• April 19, 2010

I'm noticing issues with the new plugin related to syntax highlighting when editing VisualForce .page files. It intermittently stops highlight part of the text in the document. I haven't found a pattern when it occurs. 

It is also rendering squiggly yellow lines under my <apex:page> tag, and my first  <script> tag. Any ideas why? These are the first 2  items in my page.

<apex:page standardController="SR__c" 
	extensions="HSRControllerExtension" 
	showHeader="true" 
	sidebar="true" 
	tabStyle="SRt__c" 
	title="Entry Page" >

<script type="text/javascript" src="{!URLFOR($Resource.jQuery142, 'js/jquery-1.4.2.min.js')}" />

Thanks,

Rich C. 

• April 21, 2010
I've Downloaded Eclipse 3.5 SR2 (from the link provided in Installation of Force.come IDE), and I'm trying to install Force.come IDE in it, and am facing this error: Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found. Software being installed: Force.com IDE 18.0.0.201004191706 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 18.0.0.201004191706) Missing requirement: Force.com IDE Compatibility 18.0.0.201004191706 (com.salesforce.ide.core.compatibility 18.0.0.201004191706) requires 'package org.apache.log4j 0.0.0' but it could not be found Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Force.com IDE 18.0.0.201004191706 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 18.0.0.201004191706) To: com.salesforce.ide.core.compatibility [18.0.0.201004191706] I could not install the IDE :( .. please help.
  • April 20, 2010

Is the new eclipse Force.com plugin available today & where do I get it? I've been looking around the developer site, but couldn't find any info.

Thanks,

Rich C.

• April 19, 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to connect JQuery with Visualforce component ( eg. Apex:InputText ), but not able to get ID in VF component to use in the JQuery function.

Please help!

Thanks

• April 08, 2010

Hi

I have a jquery dialog containing a  Dropdownlist and a OK commandbutton (Apex:commandbutton) in a component.

That version do nothing

<apex:commandbutton id="update_spr" value="Select" action="{!updateSPRId}" />

I also tried with rerender

"Quotedetail" is the id of an APEX:detail tag 

But the Following version

<apex:commandbutton id="update_spr" value="Select" action="{!updateSPRId}" rerender="Quotedetail"/>

this one redirect to an AJAX error page

this button call the following action

public pagereference updateSPRId(){ SPR_utils.utils sp=new SPR_utils.utils(); if (quoteid!=null){ Quote__c q=[select id,Special_Pricing_Request__c from Quote__c where id=:quoteid]; if (SP_Request=='New'){ q.Special_Pricing_Request__c=sp.Newid(opp.AccountId);} else {q.Special_Pricing_Request__c=SP_Request;} update q;} pageref=apexpages.currentpage(); pageref.setredirect(true); return pageref; }

If I use a command link it works .

that commandButton use to works with jquery 1.2.6  

Any idea ?

• March 12, 2010

I have a standard HTML table tag that has three columns in each column I am trying to render a apex:dataList by passing a list of data to it.

Here is my code:

<tr>
<td><strong>Capabilities 1:</strong>
<apex:dataList value="{!sk.sh1}" var="skh">
<apex:outputText value="{!skh.Characteristic__c}"/>
</apex:dataList>
</td>
<td><strong>Capabilities 2:</strong>
<apex:dataList value="{!sk.sh2}" var="skh">
</td><td><strong>Capabilities 3:</strong>
<apex:dataList value="{!sk.sh3}" var="skh">
</td>
</tr>

When the page renders it renders the table like this:

<tr>
<td><strong>Capabilities 1:</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="data2Col first " colSpan="2">
<ul class="" id="j_id0:j_id2:db:0:j_id3:j_id13:j_id15">
<li id="j_id0:j_id2:db:0:j_id3:j_id13:j_id15:0" class="">A/B ratio 1/8 or worse</li>
<li id="j_id0:j_id2:db:0:j_id3:j_id13:j_id15:1" class="">&#8220;Power Promoter&#8221; letters reflect no attemp</li>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="data2Col first " colSpan="2"></td>
<td><strong>Capabilities 2 :</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<ul class="" id="j_id0:j_id2:db:0:j_id3:j_id13:j_id18">
<li id="j_id0:j_id2:db:0:j_id3:j_id13:j_id18:0" class="">&#8220;Power Promoter&#8221; letters reflect inconsistent attempt to create Action Plan</li>
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="data2Col first " colSpan="2"></td>
<td><strong>Capabilities 3:</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<ul class="" id="j_id0:j_id2:db:0:j_id3:j_id13:j_id21">
<li id="j_id0:j_id2:db:0:j_id3:j_id13:j_id21:0" class="">&#8220;Power Promoter&#8221; letters reflect consistent ability to create Action Plan</li></ul>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="data2Col first last " colSpan="2"> </td>
</tr>

As you can see it is sticking in a bunch of extra <tr> & <td> tags. I even tried to render the List with apex:repeat and apx:datatable and still got the issue.

Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey guys... I'm confused. I'm attempting to deploy from my sandbox to production and am running in to inconsistent errors with the process...

When I "run all tests" in Salesforce web - everything works fine. I get coverage for everything over 75%, and no failures.

When I go into eclipse and sync all my classes, obj, etc... and then r-click>force.com>run tests - everything works as well...

However, when I attempt to validate my deployment, I get a these terrible errors:

Run Failures: ImacControllerTest.testNewIMAC System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] InstallTicketControllerTest.testInsTkt System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] LocationPrepOrderControllerTest.testLocPrp System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] RequirementControllerTest.testRqm System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] ShipmentControllerTest.testShp System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] TerminalPrepOrderControllerTest.testTrmPrp System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] triggerTestAxnUpdateAfter.testAxnUpdateInsert System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] triggerTestAxnUpdateBefore.testAxnUpdate System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] triggerTestInsTktUpdate.testInsTktInsert System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] triggerTestLocPrpUpdate.testLocPrpUpdateInsert System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] triggerTestShpUpdateAfter.testShpUpdate System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] triggerTestTrmPrpUpdate.testTrmPrpUpdate System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW, unable to obtain exclusive access to this record: [] axnUpdate Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required shpUpdate Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required TrmInAxnUpdate Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required shpUpdateBefore Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required LocPrpUpdate Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required axnUpdateAfter Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required axnUpdateBefore Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required trmPrpUpdate Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required installTicketUpdate Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required shpUpdateAfter Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 25%, at least 75% test coverage is required

All of this is already successfull! What gives?

Why does it not work in deployment when it works in the sandbox?

• January 06, 2010

Maximum Viewstate size exceeded ... error on Page Load is occuring and nothing loads on the visualforce page. The size reportedly exceeds to around 150K .. :( ....

Now I searched around in forums but I figured that using Transient keyword can minimize the Viewstate size, but my understanding says that even Transient keyword usage will ONLY save me when my page Postback and that the viewstate does not gets saved for un necessary variables .. but I don't think with Fresh page load this keyword gonna make any difference.

Please help ... I even could not Test and verify it in code ... is there any tool with which I can Test  & verify the Visualforce Page's ViewState size ???

• December 10, 2009

How do I use dependent picklists on a Visualforce page? Do I need to code to ensure relevant LoVs are populated in the dependent picklist depending upon a value selected in the Controlling picklist?

Thanks. 

• December 10, 2009

I'm currently testing a new Visualforce page to display any related lists in the form of tabs. Unfortunately when I tried this out, the Help links disappeared.

Traditionally each related list has a help link (in the example below - the Contacts related list is shown), so why did the help link not transfer across?

Example

Here is a sample of the code that I used for my tabbed record page:

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" > <style> .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none} .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none} </style> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab" > <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails" > <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="contacts" /> </apex:tab>

Can the Help links be retrieved?

Hope someone out there can lend a hand.

• November 06, 2009

A few days ago, I was running Eclipse 3.3 (Europa) + Summer 09. 

In the IDE I observed that (finally), apex tags on VF pages were no longer marked as 'unknown tag' with squiggly yellow underline

Then, I installed Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede) + Summer 09.  Now, the IDE shows apex tags in VF pages as 'unknown tag' with the squiggly yellow underline.  

What did I do wrong here? Is the SFDC Summer 09 plugin Eclipse version dependent?

Exact details

Eclipse 3.4.2

SFDC V16.0.0.0.200906151227

Message Edited by crop1645 on 09-17-2009 11:36 AM
Message Edited by crop1645 on 09-17-2009 11:36 AM
Message Edited by crop1645 on 12-18-2009 02:52 PM

public void parseXML(XmlStreamReader xsr)
    {

while(xsr.hasNext())
        {
            if (xsr.getEventType() == XmlTag.START_ELEMENT)
            {   
                if ('body' == xsr.getLocalName())
                {   
                    m_xmlValue += '-' + '   ' + parseRoot(xsr);
                   // parseRoot(xsr);
                }
            }   
               xsr.next();
        }

}
    public String parseRoot(XmlStreamReader xsr)
    {
        String value ='';

value += '---> ' + xsr.getAttributeValue('', 'chapter');
        System.debug('The value of chapter is ::'+value);

while(xsr.hasNext())
        {
            if (xsr.getEventType() == XmlTag.END_ELEMENT)
            {
                   break;
            }
            else if (xsr.getEventType() == XmlTag.CHARACTERS)
            {
                   value += xsr.getText();
            }
            xsr.next();
         }

return value;
    }
    public TestGoogleAppController()
    {      
        try
        {    
            //TestGoogleAppController tstGoogleApp = new TestGoogleAppController();
            m_xmlValue = '';
            //Playing with XML
            //String xml = '<root><body chapter="1">Hello Peace</body><body chapter="2">Sumiran</body><body chapter="3">How</body></root>';
            String xml = '<body chapter="1">Hello Peace</body>';
            XmlStreamReader xsr = new XmlStreamReader(xml); 
            parseXML(xsr);

}

}

Guys, I have been stuck on this problem since morning.So please help out.

I am try to read the xml.I can read the values present between tags but I get "null" while reading attributes.Please could you point me in the right direction

Is there some way to turn off the 'Unknown Tag' warnings in the IDE? Every time I edit an apex page or class it's covered with yellow squiggly lines, which is really annoying.

I've tried going through the preferences screen but haven't found anything yet.

I'm using the Spring 09 release of IDE. 

Hi there. I have the following code that leverages a custom object called "Test__c", that has
1 field, which is a lookup to Accounts.

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Test__c" tabStyle="Test__c">
    <apex:sectionHeader title="{!$ObjectType.Test__c.label} Edit" subtitle="New Test"/>
    <apex:form>
    <apex:pageBlock title="Test">
        <apex:pageBlockButtons>
            <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}" />
            <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}" />
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
    <apex:actionRegion>
        <apex:pageBlockSection title="Information">
            <apex:inputField value="{!Test__c.Account__c}">
                <apex:actionSupport event="onselect" rerender="otherPanel" />
            </apex:inputField>
        </apex:pageBlockSection> 
    </apex:actionRegion>  

<apex:pageBlockSection title="test" id="otherPanel" rendered="true">
        <apex:outputField value="{!Test__c.Account__c}" />
    </apex:pageBlockSection>
    </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Now, when I type a value into the lookup box and I select a value from the autocomplete, the value in the "test" pageBlockSection will update in an Ajax fashion like so:

But when I use the lookup dialog to select an account, the field will not update:

Any ideas??
Thanks
  • December 10, 2008
Hi,

I have a Contract Terms Custom Object which has a dependent picklist named 'Territory' depending on 'Region' picklist. I have used these two picklist in my page using the inputField tag but I am not getting the behaviour of the depending picklist. As soon as I change the Region value, the Territory picklist values should change depending on the value selected but it does not happen.

Here is the piece of code
Code:
        <apex:pageBlock title="Section 2" rendered="{!showSecondSection}">
            <p>To what geography does this rate apply— </p>
             Region: <span style="padding:10px;"/>
             <apex:inputField value="{!contractTerms.REGION__c}"></apex:inputField>
             <p> Territory: <span style="padding:10px;"/>
             <apex:inputField id="territory" value="{!contractTerms.TERRITORY__c}"/></p>
             <p><span style="padding:10px;"/><apex:commandButton action="{!showSection3}" 
value="Continue" styleClass="btn"></apex:commandButton></p><br/> </apex:pageBlock>

Can anyone please help me resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Jina